The Space Between

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Space Between

Post by Nariah01 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:51 pm

The Space Between

All things end, for everything in the universe there is a beginning and an end. For our world, our Earth that end is now. Overpopulation, overuse, abuse, the planet has been used up. Vast deserts stretch across vast expanses, crops wither and die in the now blinding sun. Atmosphere is thin and almost toxic. Humans killed this world and now they pay the price. For some they are content to stay until the very end, until they die with their dying planet. Others like many fear death and what, if anything comes after it, they have been searching for a way out. At first they tried to save the planet, going green is what the movement was called, but it failed, too much damage was done, it was too little too late. When it was agreed that this planet could not be saved they looked for another option, another planet. After all our galaxy was vast, and there were other galaxies out there past ours, if they could find another suitable planet to move the population to they would be saved. But that takes time that they didn't have, thankfully someone did have a plan, Paige Harding. She had spent her life studying the possibility that there were more dimensions then mainstream science thought, and the possibility of moving between these dimensions though stable wormhole portals. At the start of her research they laughed her out of every auditorium she went too, and when she claimed to have traveled to one such dimension they scoffed and said she was crazy. But she kept with it, she knew this was the answer to the question of where the humans would go. She had traveled, mostly by accident through a portal to another dimension, and when she had managed to travel back she spent her life trying to duplicate it on a larger scale so that humanity as she knew it could be saved. She would save any and all she could even if they laughed and mocked her the whole time, it was just who she was.

The year is 2075 and the world is becoming too toxic to sustain life for much longer and she has everything in place to save those willing to take a leap, or step of faith and follow her through her portal. She has recreated it, on a larger scale allowing a large group of people to step through to this new dimension, a chance at a new beginning for some, a chance to live instead of die. The first wave of people are those who did believe her, those who didn't think she was crazy, as well as those she felt were worth enough to be saved, normal people not necessarily those who were rich or brilliant minds, but everyday people. The portal will be open for one hour, and after that it will close, it can only be maintained for one hour at a time. Her plan was to bring this first group through as soon as possible, after that she would attempt to reopen the portal every week for one hour after that for as long as the planet supports life to save as many as she can. After this first group if they survive until the portal is opened again those that are rich can buy their way through the portal, or some can barter and sneak in, however they can to live.

Those that step through the portal will come out the other side in a fresh new world, this dimension is on another planet entirely, far far away from where earth would be. Here Life has taken a different turn, there are humans here although they have advanced far beyond what our technology had reached. Their world is lush and alive, with two moons and a brilliant blue sun, but this is all one would see when they come through the portal. For the humans of this world and all who live there are happy to help save us, they are still cautious. Working with Paige in good faith they have built the dome, a giant glass like structure that all humans through the portal will live in for a time. One to keep disease and parasites foreign to this world in one place, and two so that those of this world can make sure they deserve to be here. The humans of this world call themselves the Shie and they have evolved slightly different from normal humans, longer lives, better health, reincarnation, and what they call spirit melding. Where they meld with one or more spirits, absorbing them within their soul to grow and become better, allowing them to change into this spirits shape at will. Along with the Shie there are the Mey a race of sentient lizard like people who live along side them and helped to build the dome. The Mey can stand on two legs, hunched over, or all fours, they have four fingered hands, and their bodies are cover with chain mail like scales in a myriad of varied colors. They do not speak in the way we speak, they have developed a form of telepathy to communicate with others. While many of the Shie and Mey are ok and even happy that Humans are coming here, their are those who are not, living here will not be without its dangers. But it is a life, or a chance at one, which is more then many will get on Earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may play as either Human, Shie or Mey.

For humans, you may come from all walks of life, any age, you can even do a whole family if you want. Once the game begins all humans will start in the same place at the same time.

The Shie are essentially very advanced humans. They look very similar to humans, they tend to be taller then the average human and they have a very ethereal quality to them. Any skin color or hair/eye color combinations are welcome. They can live for a few hundred years, so keep that in mind when you consider their age. They can shape shift, please give a brief description to their other shapes, or at least mention what they can shift into. Generally the older Shie or those who have had many incarnations will have more shapes available. The animals on this planet are open for you to create within reason, just let me know what your thinking and we can go from there.

The Mey are a lizard people, they can walk in an hunched over but upright bipedal fashion or they can walk on all fours depending on their preference. They can come in any color/variety of colors, their scales are very durable, think like chain mail. For visual reference the scales are similar to a Komodo Dragon in appearance. They can have any color eyes, and piercings and horns are acceptable as well. They live the longest of the native sentient species at around 800 years old. They do not speak like humans and the Shie they use a form of telepathy to communicate.

~~~~~~~~

Rules

1. Romance and swearing are permitted but please follow the forum rules for T15.

2. You may have as many characters as you can keep up with.

3. Be respectful of other players and no bullying.

4. Gore is permitted and try to be fair when fighting with others.

5. Have fun and feel free to ask questions or make suggestions. Smile

Link to Character sheets: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Link to OOC: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 34gp, 49sp, 91cp

Back to top Go down

Re: The Space Between

Post by Nariah01 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"We're going to check on the herbivores, it's a safe way to start and it's easy to tell if they are in any kind of distress," Selissa informed as she moved through the forest gracefully, many visits here made her accustomed to walking through the terrian.
He watched as she moved effortlessly through the forest and smiled. She had clearly spent a large amount of time out here. "That sounds like a good place to start. I can have Midnight stay down wind and out of sight for that so he doesn't spook anything. Do we have a predetermined camp or site we are going to camp at tonight?" He asked thinking she had to have a site out here that was already somewhat set up for her to do field work easier.
(I will just bump this for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just to make it easier. )
"That would help and yes I have a campsite on a nice hill that has a perfect view of the forest. I'll show you after I make my round with the herbivores." She said with a smile before she started tracking some footprints that were on the ground.
Rhys nodded and sent the instructions to midnight mentally, telling him to stay away for now. He then paused to look at the tracks on the ground with her curiously, it was not a track he recognized. "He won't bother them herbivores now. What are we tracking?" He asked as she seemed to know what it was from.
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:10 pm

(I know. Lol! I've watched Star wars.  Wink  )
"Both, but the majority on food." Aaliyah said simply as she looked to the table with speculations. It was the lest she could do to contribute. 
~☆°○°☆~
Tulvir smiled and thought that would be an enlightening experience. "What about novel idea and a welcomed one. I look forward to this culinary adventure of interplanetary exploration." He said with appreciation. 
~☆°○°☆~
The little girl looked up at the longhaired male and smiled pleasantly as she said, " I'm making a turtle! See? It's shell? I have made the legs yet or head.....or tail. " She then frowned as she realized that. 

(Lol, this could be interesting. I'll play parents too, in a bit. )
(Oh yeah! I honestly hadn't remembered that. Lol)

The salvage dealer sniffed and looked over the bits and bobs before he put some food on the counter. A mix of compressed food bars and some things that were similar to MREs. He then slid a small token with the number of credits on it next to the food. "That is my offer." He said gruffly.

"As do I Tulvir! I think it will add some excitement to the day, as niether of us will know what the other is bringing. " She pointed out with a big smile. She was glad he wanted to do it.

Magnus frowned and knelt down, cocking his head as he examined the ''turtle'.  He took some notes then asked her, "have you seen a turtle before? In real life?" He was curious.
Aaliyah frowned and shook her head,  "This alone is worth that." She said as she picked of the item in question.  "Double it for all. " She challenged stubbornly.
~☆°○°☆~
Tulvir smiled and dipped his head in humble gratefulness.  "Toy are not at all how I imagined you, Dr. Elliot. " He admitted finally. 
~☆°○°☆~
"Oh, not. For for real. Only a picture in a book. They went extinct a while ago.  Long before I was born. At least that's what mommy said. " little Amanda explained. She smiled as she got a better look at Magnus and said honestly, as only a child could, " You look real different. Different good, not different bad. "
The dealer snorted and added a few more credits and one more compressed bar of food and then crossed his arms. "Final offer, you won't get better anywhere else." He challenged.

Gracie smiled and flattered by his words although she wasn't sure she understood exactly. So she asked for clarification. "Well what were you expecting Tulvir? And please, call my Gracie or Grace. Everyone else does." She told him with a candid smile.

"So you are making a replica from what you have seen in these books of yours? What is the purpose of making this?" He asked in genuine curiosity, did all human children do such things. It was not unlike him as a child when he would paint. He cocked his head then, "different? And how do I look different? Different from you or different from the others of my kind?" He asked as he sat on the ground with her, thoroughly enjoying the interaction.
Aaliyah knew she'd  better take the deal and nodded. "Pleasure doing business with you. " She said as she placed the food items in her pack and the credits somewhere harder to reach. She then headed home as she tied a cloth over her mouth and positioned her goggles. It didn't keep all dust from getting in her lungs and eyes, but it helped. 
~☆°○°☆~
Tulvir smiled and dipped his head, "That is a pretty name, Grace. " He then concentrated as he explained, "It's simply that you are well accomplished with vast achievements, dedicated to your profession, your kind, thoughtful all while being pleasant and easy to talk to. My expectations were expecting......an older egotistical male. 
~☆°○°☆~
Amanda giggled and said simply, " Because I want too. And you look different because you look  beautiful! Like an angel. " 

Amanda's mother came out drying her hands and took in the scene curiously. "Can I help you?" She asked cautiously as she looked to Magnus.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I am the damaged,  I am the relief.  Sometimes I'm people I never hope that I could be.  I take in whatever they turn out. What's  that going to make me now?  Don't you understand? I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. Yeah, I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion.
 ~ Rob Thomas ~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Are'Kulu walked over to a section of the wall where the straw ceiling was a little bit out of place and pulled out a little satchel. Inside were papers her mother wrote and she handed one to her father. "This one was dated 5 days after Keh'Lekt and I were born and she stated herself he had a knife and he was going to kill us if she hadn't woken up to hearing his footsteps. She stated that she had slept lightly or not at all from them on." she said, handing the letter to her father and indeed it said such things. Along with her mother writing things like "I'm scared for my mate's safety as well as our children's. That fool will try again and again and my mate is rarely home now - I feel unsafe. There are countless days I wonder if my mate even loves me, but I love him so deeply. I will die for him. I will die for the safety of my children if I have to.". Are'Kulu began crying a little. "I was the only one that stayed at home and so I've watched her write letters in here every now and then when you and Kah'Lekt weren't home." she explained.
___
Akisan held onto her head and then sat up with his head and gulped the medicine down, but he could tell she didn't like being here. She crumpled back on the bed after gulping down all that was in the cup and sighed. "I fell?" she asked, not remembering it.
___
Emmaline waved to Atticus and then headed towards the kid's store again.
He took the letters hastily and read through some, tears welling in his eyes that his wonderful mate had suffered through this alone. "You may return without fear of your lives, but this will never be a home to Val'Keht. He is too different from the others, he will anger some and it will not be safe. For my mate I will allow you both to safely return but know he needs to be careful. And if he can find happiness elsewhere he should. Now give me some time to myself. Out." He ordered as he sank to the ground and clung to the letters.

Adran nodded and brought some of the fish over in case she was hungry. "You must have, when I went to check on you, you were already out. It didn't look like you were attacked so you must have fallen from the storm." He explained simply.

Atticus waved back and made his good yes and headed after her. He wanted to make sure she was alright after before.
Are'Kulu nodded and then left as soon as she possibly could and ran back to the clinic to share the good news with those who were there and to her brother. Her brother agreed to give it a try but if he found no happiness there he'd be gone for good. The fact made her sad but as his big sister she would let him see where his trust and heart lies. 

Vladimir was asking around for any booze - as usual from the staff of the clinic and claimed it helped him deal with pain.
___
Akisan tried to sit up but was unable to and she groaned. "My legs ache." she claimed and little spots of darkness appeared in her eyes. Her blood pressure was low - way lower than it usually was.
___
Emmaline walked into the store and was staring at one of the little onesies for infants and was wondering when she'd learn the genders of her twins inside of her.
Shatuma was still at the clinic speaking to Val'Keht nurse when she arrived. She would listen to the news and was happy for her but hopped it would work out. Given how he had come in Shatuma worried about Val'Keht returning to the tribe.

The nurses would deny Vladimir his booze, doctor's orders. They would however give him something if he was in pain.

Adran looked to her with concern, he was not a doctor and wouldn't know what to do. "Your legs? Would you permit me too look them over for injuries?" He asked her as that was something he could do. He just hoped whatever was wrong with her would be obvious.

Atticus walked into the store and noticed her looking at baby clothes. "Hey you alright?" He asked softly.
Val'Keht thought about it and told his sister she could return all she wanted, but he was staying here where he finally felt like he belonged.

Are'Kulu was a little saddened by this, but she didn't argue. She gently gave her brother a hug.
___
Vladimir wasn't happy with this and stood up and tried to exit the clinic. He was back to his stubborn self.
___
Akisan allowed him and he'd find her blood pressure was low by how she told him she was seeing "shooting stars" in her eyes.
___
Emmaline looked at Atticus and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." she said softly, but it was of course a lie on her part.

Cause I could be the rain in your desert sky
I could be the fire in your darkest night
I could be your curse or your angel
It's all in how you love me

I could be your sun when it's cold outside
I could be your rock when there's nowhere to hide
It's how you love me
SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

http://www.sharedborders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nariah01 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:06 am

(Oh yeah! I honestly hadn't remembered that. Lol)

The salvage dealer sniffed and looked over the bits and bobs before he put some food on the counter. A mix of compressed food bars and some things that were similar to MREs. He then slid a small token with the number of credits on it next to the food. "That is my offer." He said gruffly.

"As do I Tulvir! I think it will add some excitement to the day, as niether of us will know what the other is bringing. " She pointed out with a big smile. She was glad he wanted to do it.

Magnus frowned and knelt down, cocking his head as he examined the ''turtle'.  He took some notes then asked her, "have you seen a turtle before? In real life?" He was curious.
Aaliyah frowned and shook her head,  "This alone is worth that." She said as she picked of the item in question.  "Double it for all. " She challenged stubbornly.
~☆°○°☆~
Tulvir smiled and dipped his head in humble gratefulness.  "Toy are not at all how I imagined you, Dr. Elliot. " He admitted finally. 
~☆°○°☆~
"Oh, not. For for real. Only a picture in a book. They went extinct a while ago.  Long before I was born. At least that's what mommy said. " little Amanda explained. She smiled as she got a better look at Magnus and said honestly, as only a child could, " You look real different. Different good, not different bad. "
The dealer snorted and added a few more credits and one more compressed bar of food and then crossed his arms. "Final offer, you won't get better anywhere else." He challenged.

Gracie smiled and flattered by his words although she wasn't sure she understood exactly. So she asked for clarification. "Well what were you expecting Tulvir? And please, call my Gracie or Grace. Everyone else does." She told him with a candid smile.

"So you are making a replica from what you have seen in these books of yours? What is the purpose of making this?" He asked in genuine curiosity, did all human children do such things. It was not unlike him as a child when he would paint. He cocked his head then, "different? And how do I look different? Different from you or different from the others of my kind?" He asked as he sat on the ground with her, thoroughly enjoying the interaction.
Aaliyah knew she'd  better take the deal and nodded. "Pleasure doing business with you. " She said as she placed the food items in her pack and the credits somewhere harder to reach. She then headed home as she tied a cloth over her mouth and positioned her goggles. It didn't keep all dust from getting in her lungs and eyes, but it helped. 
~☆°○°☆~
Tulvir smiled and dipped his head, "That is a pretty name, Grace. " He then concentrated as he explained, "It's simply that you are well accomplished with vast achievements, dedicated to your profession, your kind, thoughtful all while being pleasant and easy to talk to. My expectations were expecting......an older egotistical male. 
~☆°○°☆~
Amanda giggled and said simply, " Because I want too. And you look different because you look  beautiful! Like an angel. " 

Amanda's mother came out drying her hands and took in the scene curiously. "Can I help you?" She asked cautiously as she looked to Magnus.
Gracie flushed lightly and said a quiet thank you for saying her name was pretty. "Well sadly there are many in the field like that, I strive to be the opposite. I wanted to be a doctor to help people, seemed strange to do that and to behave in such a manner that made me unapproachable. So I just try to be myself." She explained for him. "I am glad that I succeeded at least with you." 

Magnus tilted his head towards the girl. "What is an angel? I have never heard this term." He asked the small girl curiously. When her mother stepped out he stood and said hello. 
"I am simply observing and asking questions of your child. Do you know what an angel is, she said I was like one? Magnus asked the mother quite intrigued by this dialogue. He also did not realize how his words could come off as wrong to the mother.
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

temp

Post by Starrnico on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 am

Elijah chuckled softly and waved her good bye. "Good luck and have fun!" He told her with a smile as he headed inside. He would spend the time going over everything in the cafe and setting things up so that he could open it once he had a menu in place.

Solar nodded in agreement. "Yes I hope so too, my father said they have their best looking into it. What is bothering you?" He asked as he ran his fingers across her face easing her frown a bit.
Starr went out to explore the dome and all that was in it, at least what she could see. She did manage to take pictures after a couple of tries, mostly of the plants and animals in there with them.
~~~
"Such a light sentence, are they sure it will deter others from trying the same thing?" F'lara asked worriedly. The human population would only grow now, with more coming in each week until they couldn't send anymore.
By the time she would return Elijah had the cafe set up how he wanted it when it opened. He also had figured out of few of the higher end equipment in the kitchen and had begun working out recipes to try.

Sokar nodded in understanding, "They were worried if they executed her like they normally do it would send the wrong message to the other Mey. That they were favoring the humans over the natives to the planet. It was the worst punishment they could come up with that would hopefully still send a message to others who would try but not make it look like the humans are being favored. It was a tense discussion for sure. I personally would have rather they just killed her but it was not up to me." He said with a heavy sigh.
Starr came in, locking the door behind her then going to find a seat as she smiled at him. "This place is so large, I don't know how they did it. Did you figure out the machines here?" 
~~~
F'lara nodded then sighed and shrugged "I guess they did the best hey could under the circumstances, let's just hope it does the job of detering any copycats."
Elijah came out of the kitchen in the cafe and smiled at her. "Yes I have it just about figured out, just working out recipes to try as options. How was it, what did you end up finding? He asked as he grabbed some water for her and came to sit down with her.

Solar nodded, "so do I. But really this is all uncharted territory we just have to do the best we can right?" He said softly.
Starr smiled at him and pulled up the pictures she had taken, telling him about what she had seen on her walk. 
~~~
F'lara nodded and sighed. "Right, we do our best and hope for the best." She said decisively.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Nariah01 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:18 pm

By the time she would return Elijah had the cafe set up how he wanted it when it opened. He also had figured out of few of the higher end equipment in the kitchen and had begun working out recipes to try.

Sokar nodded in understanding, "They were worried if they executed her like they normally do it would send the wrong message to the other Mey. That they were favoring the humans over the natives to the planet. It was the worst punishment they could come up with that would hopefully still send a message to others who would try but not make it look like the humans are being favored. It was a tense discussion for sure. I personally would have rather they just killed her but it was not up to me." He said with a heavy sigh.
Starr came in, locking the door behind her then going to find a seat as she smiled at him. "This place is so large, I don't know how they did it. Did you figure out the machines here?" 
~~~
F'lara nodded then sighed and shrugged "I guess they did the best hey could under the circumstances, let's just hope it does the job of detering any copycats."
Elijah came out of the kitchen in the cafe and smiled at her. "Yes I have it just about figured out, just working out recipes to try as options. How was it, what did you end up finding? He asked as he grabbed some water for her and came to sit down with her.

Solar nodded, "so do I. But really this is all uncharted territory we just have to do the best we can right?" He said softly.
Starr smiled at him and pulled up the pictures she had taken, telling him about what she had seen on her walk. 
~~~
F'lara nodded and sighed. "Right, we do our best and hope for the best." She said decisively.
Elijah looked over the pictures and smiled. "Wow I didn't realize how big this place was." He said looking them over. "Did you have fun?" He asked.

"Have you eaten dinner yet?" Sokar asked after a minute, he was a little hungry and wanted to excuse to spend some time with her.
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nariah01 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:31 pm

He took the letters hastily and read through some, tears welling in his eyes that his wonderful mate had suffered through this alone. "You may return without fear of your lives, but this will never be a home to Val'Keht. He is too different from the others, he will anger some and it will not be safe. For my mate I will allow you both to safely return but know he needs to be careful. And if he can find happiness elsewhere he should. Now give me some time to myself. Out." He ordered as he sank to the ground and clung to the letters.

Adran nodded and brought some of the fish over in case she was hungry. "You must have, when I went to check on you, you were already out. It didn't look like you were attacked so you must have fallen from the storm." He explained simply.

Atticus waved back and made his good yes and headed after her. He wanted to make sure she was alright after before.
Are'Kulu nodded and then left as soon as she possibly could and ran back to the clinic to share the good news with those who were there and to her brother. Her brother agreed to give it a try but if he found no happiness there he'd be gone for good. The fact made her sad but as his big sister she would let him see where his trust and heart lies. 

Vladimir was asking around for any booze - as usual from the staff of the clinic and claimed it helped him deal with pain.
___
Akisan tried to sit up but was unable to and she groaned. "My legs ache." she claimed and little spots of darkness appeared in her eyes. Her blood pressure was low - way lower than it usually was.
___
Emmaline walked into the store and was staring at one of the little onesies for infants and was wondering when she'd learn the genders of her twins inside of her.
Shatuma was still at the clinic speaking to Val'Keht nurse when she arrived. She would listen to the news and was happy for her but hopped it would work out. Given how he had come in Shatuma worried about Val'Keht returning to the tribe.

The nurses would deny Vladimir his booze, doctor's orders. They would however give him something if he was in pain.

Adran looked to her with concern, he was not a doctor and wouldn't know what to do. "Your legs? Would you permit me too look them over for injuries?" He asked her as that was something he could do. He just hoped whatever was wrong with her would be obvious.

Atticus walked into the store and noticed her looking at baby clothes. "Hey you alright?" He asked softly.
Val'Keht thought about it and told his sister she could return all she wanted, but he was staying here where he finally felt like he belonged.

Are'Kulu was a little saddened by this, but she didn't argue. She gently gave her brother a hug.
___
Vladimir wasn't happy with this and stood up and tried to exit the clinic. He was back to his stubborn self.
___
Akisan allowed him and he'd find her blood pressure was low by how she told him she was seeing "shooting stars" in her eyes.
___
Emmaline looked at Atticus and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." she said softly, but it was of course a lie on her part.
Shatuma wandered back into the room with the two Mey to see that they were both ok. "I heard the news, congratulations I suppose?" She questioned curiously.

They couldn't keep him there if he didn't want to be. They did however forward this information to Gracie just so she knew.

Adran frowned, he wasn't sure but it sounded like her blood pressure was low. Unfortunately he didn't know what to do having never really been in the medical field. Aside from the basics of dressing wounds and such he was out of his depth. He did have several  medical implements though that were provided him by his father. He wondered if perhaps one of those could help.

Atticus sighed softly and gave her a reassuring smile. "Emmaline I can tell you are not fine. You can tell me if you aren't I am here to listen."
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:17 pm

___
___

___
___
___
Shatuma wandered back into the room with the two Mey to see that they were both ok. "I heard the news, congratulations I suppose?" She questioned curiously.

They couldn't keep him there if he didn't want to be. They did however forward this information to Gracie just so she knew.

Adran frowned, he wasn't sure but it sounded like her blood pressure was low. Unfortunately he didn't know what to do having never really been in the medical field. Aside from the basics of dressing wounds and such he was out of his depth. He did have several  medical implements though that were provided him by his father. He wondered if perhaps one of those could help.

Atticus sighed softly and gave her a reassuring smile. "Emmaline I can tell you are not fine. You can tell me if you aren't I am here to listen."
Are'Kulu sighed deeply and pulled away from her brother and then looked to Shatuma. "I'm going back to my tribe, he's not going. I'm leaving my job to you to make sure he gets taken care of. I promise I'll visit sometimes though." she said and then walked out of the room.
___
Vladimir went inside his house and punched the wall. He needed alcohol, he was suffering without it.
___
Akisan looked at him and sat up weakly and held onto her head. "I feel light-headed." she told him and watched as her hands began shaking.
___
"It's just - I don't know if I can cope coming to his funeral - I don't feel welcome there because I am bearing the kids he didn't know about. I don't feel right telling his body that he's the father of two kids who will never know him." she explained, the last sentence sounded a little cold-hearted.

It's how you love me
SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 pm

~~~

~~~
Elijah looked over the pictures and smiled. "Wow I didn't realize how big this place was." He said looking them over. "Did you have fun?" He asked.

"Have you eaten dinner yet?" Sokar asked after a minute, he was a little hungry and wanted to excuse to spend some time with her.
Starr nodded with a smile "Yes, I had fun." She replied. Some of the pictures she had gone as close as she could to the dome to take of the outside.
~~~
F'lara shook her head in a 'no'. "Not yet, I was busy looking after the people that decided to come out today."

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nariah01 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:31 pm

___
___
___

Are'Kulu sighed deeply and pulled away from her brother and then looked to Shatuma. "I'm going back to my tribe, he's not going. I'm leaving my job to you to make sure he gets taken care of. I promise I'll visit sometimes though." she said and then walked out of the room.
___
Vladimir went inside his house and punched the wall. He needed alcohol, he was suffering without it.
___
Akisan looked at him and sat up weakly and held onto her head. "I feel light-headed." she told him and watched as her hands began shaking.
___
"It's just - I don't know if I can cope coming to his funeral - I don't feel welcome there because I am bearing the kids he didn't know about. I don't feel right telling his body that he's the father of two kids who will never know him." she explained, the last sentence sounded a little cold-hearted.
Shatuma watched her leave and turned to Val'Keht. She was happy to help him in any way but she was unsure if she really should. He was old enough to take care of himself and she felt like he should get a say in that. She moved to sit beside his bed. "So, how are you holding up with all of this?" She asked softly.

Adran looked at her and grew worried. "I am sorry I am a bit out of my depth. Wait here let me see what I have." He said as he got up and went to a shelf with medical concoctions and supplies. He looked through some things then pulled out a bottle and brought it over. "Lets see if this helps, that and you should probably drink more. More fluids can only help." He said as he offered her the tonic then helped her drink some more water to wash it down.

Atticus reached out and took her hands. "Emmaline he was your husband you should be there to say goodbye and for closure. There is no reason for you to feel unwelcome especially because of those babies. It is part of grieving and it needs to be done." He said softly.
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nariah01 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:42 pm

~~~

Starr nodded with a smile "Yes, I had fun." She replied. Some of the pictures she had gone as close as she could to the dome to take of the outside.
~~~
F'lara shook her head in a 'no'. "Not yet, I was busy looking after the people that decided to come out today."
Elijah was happy to hear she had fun and as he finished looking at the photos he turned to her with a smile. "I have a favor to ask, or more an opinion. I am trying to decide on a menu for here, what to offer. I thought maybe a mix of traditional earth things and maybe some that are more experimental, using some new ingredients from here. " He explained.

Sokar looked around to see if anyone else needed help. "Well if no one else needs help for a bit you want to go get something to eat?" He offered.
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Starr looked at Elijah with a smile as he explained his thoughts. "That sounds good." She said honestly.
~~~
F'lara looked around too, secretly glad there weren't any people around at the moment. "Looks like it's clear now. Let's go."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:30 pm

___
___
___

___
___
___
Shatuma watched her leave and turned to Val'Keht. She was happy to help him in any way but she was unsure if she really should. He was old enough to take care of himself and she felt like he should get a say in that. She moved to sit beside his bed. "So, how are you holding up with all of this?" She asked softly.

Adran looked at her and grew worried. "I am sorry I am a bit out of my depth. Wait here let me see what I have." He said as he got up and went to a shelf with medical concoctions and supplies. He looked through some things then pulled out a bottle and brought it over. "Lets see if this helps, that and you should probably drink more. More fluids can only help." He said as he offered her the tonic then helped her drink some more water to wash it down.

Atticus reached out and took her hands. "Emmaline he was your husband you should be there to say goodbye and for closure. There is no reason for you to feel unwelcome especially because of those babies. It is part of grieving and it needs to be done." He said softly.
"I'm good-ish." Val'Keht said and then listened as his stomach growled. He blushed a little embarrassed of that.

Are'Kulu made her way back to the tribe and explained Val'Keht wished to stay with the humans.
___
Akisan drank as much as she could and eventually the skakey hands, spots in her eyes, and light-headedness went away.
___
"I still won't feel closure even after the funeral, Atticus. I never made a decision on my own without him. I feel lost knowing he's no longer at my side." she said and then walks off.

It's how you love me
SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:27 pm

~☆°○°☆~
~☆°○°☆~

~☆°○°☆~
~☆°○°☆~

Gracie flushed lightly and said a quiet thank you for saying her name was pretty. "Well sadly there are many in the field like that, I strive to be the opposite. I wanted to be a doctor to help people, seemed strange to do that and to behave in such a manner that made me unapproachable. So I just try to be myself." She explained for him. "I am glad that I succeeded at least with you." 

Magnus tilted his head towards the girl. "What is an angel? I have never heard this term." He asked the small girl curiously. When her mother stepped out he stood and said hello. 
"I am simply observing and asking questions of your child. Do you know what an angel is, she said I was like one? Magnus asked the mother quite intrigued by this dialogue. He also did not realize how his words could come off as wrong to the mother.
Tulvir tipped his head at that last statement. "I don't understand, do your human counterparts perceive you unapproachable? " He asked curiously. 
~☆°○°☆~
Amanda's  mother stared at hard moment at the Mey male. Had he been a human male, she'd have gone full mamma bear on him. But since Amanda was obviously enjoying their little chat, she smiled and stepped forward as she slung the towel over her shoulder and fished out her pendant that had an angel painted on the inside, opposite her daughters picture. "This is an angel. Well, after female version of one anyway." She looked up to Magnus as she showed him curiously. There was something about this Mey. He did have a ethereal beauty about him.
~☆°○°☆~
Aaliyah returned home and was glad to be home.  She looked to her family with a deep seeded guilt as she brought over what she'd managed to get for them. "Hey pops." She greeted as she pulled out the food rations and credits. "I had a productive day." She explained softly.

I am the damaged,  I am the relief.  Sometimes I'm people I never hope that I could be.  I take in whatever they turn out. What's  that going to make me now?  Don't you understand? I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. Yeah, I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion.
 ~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nariah01 Yesterday at 11:57 am

~☆°○°☆~
~☆°○°☆~

Tulvir tipped his head at that last statement. "I don't understand, do your human counterparts perceive you unapproachable? " He asked curiously. 
~☆°○°☆~
Amanda's  mother stared at hard moment at the Mey male. Had he been a human male, she'd have gone full mamma bear on him. But since Amanda was obviously enjoying their little chat, she smiled and stepped forward as she slung the towel over her shoulder and fished out her pendant that had an angel painted on the inside, opposite her daughters picture. "This is an angel. Well, after female version of one anyway." She looked up to Magnus as she showed him curiously. There was something about this Mey. He did have a ethereal beauty about him.
~☆°○°☆~
Aaliyah returned home and was glad to be home.  She looked to her family with a deep seeded guilt as she brought over what she'd managed to get for them. "Hey pops." She greeted as she pulled out the food rations and credits. "I had a productive day." She explained softly.
"Oh no!" She assured him hurriedly with a quiet chuckle. "Most of the humans either like me or think I am a touch unprofessional, too casual with my patients. I meant that with your kind and the Mey as well." She said and then frowned hoping her words didn't put him off. Your kind tended to sound so harsh.

Magnus looked down at the small pendant then up to the mother. "This creature has wings, what is the purpose of an angel exactly? We do not have winged humanoids here, and I was under the understanding that on your home planet you are all relatively similar in structure." He said a bit confused but fascinated at the same time.

Her father came out from the back room of their small ramshackle house. As he walked out to see what she had he stopped and hacked and coughed for a moment. Her eldest brother came out and offered their father a small breathing mask they had been able to trade for. Her father waived him off and shook off the coughs as he headed for his daughter and her haul. "Well done, looks like you did have a productive day. Soon you won't have too, the next wave goes through in a few days, you  ready?" He asked her as he hugged her to him, he was sending off his only girl so she could have a better life.
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nariah01 Yesterday at 12:01 pm

___
___
___

"I'm good-ish." Val'Keht said and then listened as his stomach growled. He blushed a little embarrassed of that.

Are'Kulu made her way back to the tribe and explained Val'Keht wished to stay with the humans.
___
Akisan drank as much as she could and eventually the skakey hands, spots in her eyes, and light-headedness went away.
___
"I still won't feel closure even after the funeral, Atticus. I never made a decision on my own without him. I feel lost knowing he's no longer at my side." she said and then walks off.
Shatuma gave him a reassuring click and smiled a little as she stood and headed out of the room. She collect some food and brought it back to him on a tray, setting it down on his bed. "Eat, you need your strength. Some of the foods you should know, they do try to cook some of the native dishes. But some will be new, compliments of the humans." She explained with a smile.

Adran saw this and sighed in relief that she appeared to be doing better. "You are lucky I came back out and found you. This could have been bad had you been left out there. Why are you so stubborn when it comes to help?" He asked her curiously as he sat back in his chair.

Atticus sighed, he could understand her hesitation and her grief. Seeing that she needed her space he stayed in the store and looked over the little clothes. Wondering what it would be like to have a child. He had never entertained the idea as he was still fairly young and his work had always come first.
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nariah01 Yesterday at 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Starr looked at Elijah with a smile as he explained his thoughts. "That sounds good." She said honestly.
~~~
F'lara looked around too, secretly glad there weren't any people around at the moment. "Looks like it's clear now. Let's go."
Elijah brightened at her praise of his idea and left her there to go get a dish from the kitchen. It was a loaf of bread that had an interesting dark dark brown with lighter brown and white swirls in the center of the loaf.  He set it down and cut her a slice and handed it to her. "Then would you mind trying this? It is supposed to be a sweet quick type bread  using a blend of ingredients native and not. I think it came out kind of good, tastes even better with butter." He said as he took a slice for himself. It had a slightly sweet and nutty flavor with a hint of spice similar to like cinnamon.

Sokar beamed down at her and took her hand and headed for the other Italian fare restaurant that had opened already. They had planned to eat there for dinner as they had had burgers earlier, and he was eager to try this other new type of food. "Do you want to eat here? Or would you prefer to make something at home?" He asked curiously.
Nariah01
Assassin
Assassin

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
8/8  (8/8)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Yesterday at 5:29 pm

Starr looked at the bread curiously as he brought it to her. "That looks interesting." She said before taking the slice to take a bite. "This is good."
~~~
"Here is good." F'lara said as they headed for the building. "Unless you want to go home. We could always get some to take to the house." She offered.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content