The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's the year 1970, and the American railroad industry is modernizing at an incredible pace.  Steam locomotives as a species are being killed off in preference of more reliable and efficient diesel-electric locomotives.  Thousands of the old iron giants are being dragged off to scrap yards and smelting plants in long, ominous funeral trains, their eyes wide and pleading for help that will never come to any human they pass by on their way to their inevitable deaths.  To their old crews, these locos are family, but to the industry, they're now a liability, worth nothing more than their weight in scrap steel, at a rate of about forty seven dollars per metric ton.

In northern Washington State, trouble is brewing in the small railroad city of Fort Fairfax.  The local railroad company has been run out of business by the mega-tycoon that is the Union Pacific.  With the rail line shut down and deteriorating from years of disuse, the only way in and out of the valley was via the main 'highway', Route Seven, but on December 8th, 1970, heavy snow and ice caused a rock face in the mountains to collapse, completely burying three miles of Route Seven under millions of tons of granite boulders, snow, and ice near the town of Saint Josef.  Luckily only ten people were killed, but the road was rendered completely impassable, practically cutting off the entire valley of Bucket Falls from the outside world.  (There are other roads out of the valley, but Route Seven was the only one that was remotely safe in winter conditions, and the only route capable of supporting large trucks in any weather)  The only hope for Fort Fairfax, as well as the neighboring towns of Thomas Canyon, Josha's Cradle, Simonville, and Dunk Town, and the hamlet of Elena Junction, was reopening the old railroad.  The two main industries in the canyon, Dyken's Coal Mine and the Lena's Mineral Mining Company, were among the first to get onboard the bandwagon of reopening the line, followed closely by the Dunk Town Sawmill and Fort Fairfax Petrochemicals.  The companies could all theoretically survive through the winter by temporarily shutting down their operations to save capital, then reopening after the spring thaw would allow for Route Seven to be cleared and rebuilt, but in a rare stroke of plain humanity all four of the company CEOs decided that the railroad reopening would not only be good news for all of them, but more importantly, would be good news for all the people living in the valley.  With the support from the local industries and the residents of the valley, a group of citizens from Fort Fairfax formed the Full Bucket Line Preservation Society, which soon enough became the Full Bucket Line Railroad Company.  The initial investments from the industrial companies provided the FBLRR with most of the initial capital they needed to get most of the line repaired to the point of being safely usable, but that still left them with a rather serious problem.

What the hell good is a railroad with no locomotives and no rolling stock?

When the line was first shut down, the Union Pacific bought up everything worth recovering at the bankruptcy auction, which included all the locomotives and nearly all of the rolling stock.  There were a few cars left behind scattered around the line, but all needed serious work if they were even salvageable at all, and even all of them put together weren't going to be enough to run the railroad with.  Luckily most of the old railroad's employees were local residents, so there was no shortage of qualified workers, but the company was quickly running out of cash, and they still didn't even have any locomotives.

And so the search began for the trains that could help to save the valley of Bucket Falls.  For the size of the line they would be trying to run, starting off they would need at least one or two small locomotives for shunting work and pulling maintenance trains (probably small steam tank engines or diesel switchers), two or three mid-sized locos for general freight traffic and short, local passenger trains, and one large, powerful main-line locomotive for bringing the big freight trains in and out of the valley, as well as pulling the fast passenger services.  It's a tall order, but hopefully the folks at the FBLRR can find some of what they need without breaking the bank.

And hopefully the engines themselves will be willing to cooperate after being neglected and cast aside for so long.

Its the nature of time that the old ways must give in
Its the nature of time that the new ways come in sin
When the new meets the old it always ends the ancient ways
But as history told, the old ways go out in a blaze

~~~~~

Okay, so if you can't tell, this is a world where many of the vehicles that humans build and use are sentient beings, sort of like in "Thomas the Tank Engine" or "Cars" (if Cars had humans).  They have a fair bit of control over themselves, but still need human crew to fully operate most of the time.  They do have faces, but not Thomas-style faces where it covers most of the front of their body.  They're much less intrusive, being just eyes and a mouth somewhere that makes sense on the front of their body, like this:
As sentient beings, they've all got their own personalities and feelings, most have names, they can feel pain and other physical sensations with surprising sensitivity.  Their bodies are a bit flexible, but not quite to the extent of the characters in "Cars".  When a locomotive and its crew are familiar with one another and have formed a tight bond, one can expect to see significantly better physical performance out of both.  The mental health of a sentient vehicle has a significant and direct impact on their physical capabilities, meaning a happy, satisfied train with a good crew that they're close to will tend to perform significantly better than their design specifications say they should be able to, while a depressed or angry locomotive or one with a crew that they're always at odds with will have substantially worse general performance, or may even straight-up refuse to work at all.

Please keep in mind for the vehicles that most of what the FBLRR is going to be using/getting their hands on is going to be old, outdated, and generally unwanted equipment.  Very little, if anything, is going to be new or modern (for the present time period of 1970) so try to keep to trains that were built between the 1940s and the early '60s, or were being retired from service in 1966 at the latest.  Trucks could probably be a bit newer, like '68 or '69 (giggity), but toss in some older ones as well for added historical nostalgia stuff.

Character Forms:

Human:

Name:
Appearance/Picture:
Personality:
Relevant skills:
Recommended/Desired/Current job:
Other:

Trains:

Name: (If they were ever given one, or can remember their name)
Class: (The exact type of train they were.  Please be specific.  If you have an idea about what you want from the character, do some searching online to find something that might match what you want)
Personality:
Picture (Optional):
Other:

Trucks:

Name: (Again, if they ever got one)
Personality:
Picture: (Optional)
Other:

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:53 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor gramatical revisions, added a short bit of symbolic poetry)
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 am

“Well, I suppose we aught to start with making sure that nobody is physically hurt, especially the kids,” the young officer said with a sigh, clearly not pleased that this situation had happened in the first place, but especially displeased that it had involved two young children.  “The shock and adrenaline can sometimes make you unaware of the pain from an injury, so let’s just make sure everyone is alright first, and then we can start asking about what exactly happened out there.”

~~~
Connie looked up and sighed in relief and a bit of despair when she saw the police arriving and one of the officers heading over to her, though she was easily more put-out by the fact that this had happened at all than anybody else except perhaps Charles.  “Yes, I suppose that would be me,” she said, slowly standing up from the curb then moving her hands out away from her sides where they were clearly visible.  “Officer, before we go any further, I feel it necessary to inform you that I am presently still armed.  There is a pistol in a shoulder holster under my jacket on my left hip, and if you wish to remove it from my person yourself for your own safety please do so.  I know a bit about local law and police safety procedures, and I think we’d all prefer that we get through this as smoothly and calmly as we can manage."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:44 am

Lilly nodded and looked to the kids again. "That's true enough. Though I haven't seen any blood on either of them." She said and tried to stand so they could look over the kids.

~~~
The cop nodded and came over to take her gun, checking it to be sure it was safe and went to set it on the car hood. "Thanks, it will be good to do this without having any misunderstandings. Now, can you tell me what happened?" He asked, taking out his notebook and a pen to write her side down.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:50 am

“I-I haven’t felt anything weird since it happened…” Nathan said timidly as he stood and looked over himself and Cat a bit.  He would turn out to be just fine physically, and Cat would likely have nothing worse than some light bruising from where she had been grabbed and held, if even that much.

~~~
“Well… I’m an engineer with the Full Bucket Line Railroad Company, and I was returning from picking up a train with my co-driver, Lilly Iverson, and the two children we're guardians for and that I am working to tutor.  The children, Nathan Iverson and Kathrine Hill, are both adopted, by the way, not biological children.  We stopped the train back near the end of this street and I took the kids in to the corner store back there to get them something to eat.”  She looked back towards the dark, narrow gap between the buildings that Paul and Charles had come from.  “On the way back, two men came out of this alleyway here right as we were passing it.  One of them grabbed Kathrine and held her back by the buildings while I stayed with Nathan and backed up into the street.  The other man stayed between us all and kept moving towards Nathan and I while making threats about hurting Kathrine if I didn’t hand over everything valuable I had on me.  That was when I drew my pistol and gave him two very clear warnings that I would fire if he didn’t stop and let the girl go.  When he still kept coming closer, I was really in fear for the safety of the children, so I fired and killed him.  When I looked over at the other one, he had already released Kathrine and run into the alleyway.  By the time I had a clear shot, he was back in the dark part of the alley and he was clearly no longer a threat, so I let him go and went to check on the kids.  I told them to head down to the corner store to call you guys and to stay safe there, and I stayed here since I knew I was going to need to help you officers with figuring out what happened, and I didn’t want to potentially be liable for leaving the scene of a crime.”  She kept a tone of confidence and certainty throughout her account of what had happened, and hoped that it being almost entirely factual would be enough to fill up the small gaps left by her covering for Charles and trying to keep him from getting involved.

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:24 am

Lilly helped look over the kids, finding nothing wrong with either of them. She sighed softly, glad of that and hugged them both close for a moment. Cat might develop some light bruises, but for now, she didn't show anything, thankfully. She looked back to the officer and smiled "They seem fine, I just hope they don't get nightmares from this." 

~~~
The officer nodded, writing down what she said then looking at her again "You didn't get a look at the other guy?" That would certainly make it hard to find him. 

"It's Paul" The other cop said, looking over from his report and evidence collecting. "It could have been anyone from the gangs he hung around with. You know how that guy was. Going to have to inform his brother and sister that he won't be back again. Doubt they will be surprised, but it'll still be hard on them." 

The cop with Connie winced and shook his head a little "You shouldn't speak ill of the dead, though there is little good in Paul." He said then refocused on Connie again "So, the Full Bucket line is up and running now?"

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:23 am

“Well that’s a relief…” the officer said after they’d looked over Cat and Nathan for a moment.  “That could easily have turned out a lot worse, so at least the kids are okay.”  He glanced over at Lilly, sighing as he pulled out a notepad and a pencil, then looked at the kids and asked “So would you two be able to tell me about what happened from the beginning as accurately as you can remember?”

~~~
“Ohh, oh dang, that’s right…” Connie said, shuddering at the reminder of the name.  “I umm… I knew Paul Lee, but not on  … After the kids left I looked at this guy’s face and I realized I knew him.  I filed a restraining order against him for sexual harassment about eight years ago and I testified against him for physically assaulting me.  I haven’t seen since any of that happened, I had no idea it was him until after I’d already killed him.  I have the court documents and the original restraining order at my home as well if you want proof of that, for whatever it’s worth.”

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Cat started telling her side, able to be honest most of the time since she had not seen the guy's face until she was released. She kept most of it vague and cuddled against Lilly's side because it scared her to remember and so she wouldn't have to admit seeing the guy's face once she was free.

~~~
"That will certainly help with the self defense story, though if it's on file, all we have to do is get a copy from the county it was filed in." He said and glanced over to his partner then looked to her again. "I do need you to come with me to sign the official copy of your statement and provide home and work address so we can reach you if there is any problem, but this seems pretty cut and dried to me. Only real hiccup is the guy who got away, wouldn't want him to come and try again, so we will send a man to the train you rode in on to watch it until you are on your way."

The other cop nodded "I got this, the coroner will be here soon to pick him up, we can send Detective Benson to the train to guard it."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:11 am

The young officer there with them mostly stayed quiet and simply listened to Cat's story about what had happened, allowing her to take all the time she needed to feel comfortable enough to tell her part.  When she eventually finished he gently reached down to rest a hand on her shoulder and say “Hey, don’t worry Kathrine, it'll be alright.  Its over now and you’re safe, nobody is going to try and hurt you anymore.”  After another few moments he pulled back a bit and started softly talking to a still teary-eyed Nathan and letting him tell what he was willing to say about everything.

~~~
“Oh yeah, right, of course the Blaine County Sheriff’s Department would have that on file,” Connie said as she was reminded of that, feeling a little relieved that that would be at least one more small thing she personally didn’t need to deal with to get this whole mess resolved.  “I’d be happy to come and sign my official statement and give you folks whatever other information you need to work through this.  And having someone go to look after Rosie until Lilly can take her the rest of the way home sounds like a great idea, officer, thank you.  Just make sure he knows not to sneak up on her, she can get a bit… overly jumpy sometimes when she’s startled.”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Cat tried not to flinch away when he touched her shoulder, she didn't even realize she wanted to until he reached over. She hid her face against Lilly's side and tried to ignore everyone for the moment. 

Lilly held Cat gently and looked to Nathan as he spoke, listening to him and rubbing Cat's back. 

~~~
He made a note then gestured to his car "You want to ride up front? We should be able to get you all out together soon enough. We know how to get a hold of you if we have any other questions come up." He said as he led her to the car and let her have her gun back. He had already decided this would be listed under self defense unless there was some huge evidence to say otherwise. That was mostly because they all knew Paul, and because she had had the two young kids with her. No one wanted kids to see something like a shooting.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Nathan took a good while to finish his account of what had happened, clinging tightly to Lilly’s legs throughout, but eventually he reached the relative end where he and Cat had gone into the store here.  The police officer sighed heavily at the thought of such a little kid having to go through something like that, but after he’d finished scribbling down notes on his pad he stood and said “I think that’s all I’m going to ask of you folks.  You’ve all been through a lot tonight, if you’d like I could drive you somewhere in my cruiser.  That way we at least wouldn’t have to worry as much about another attack.”

~~~
For the first time since she’d left the store, Connie finally smiled a bit as she followed him towards his car and said “Yes, officer, I would like that, thank you.  That sounds great, I would love to be done with this as soon as possible.”  She gave a humorless chuckle and added “I already have a sinking feeling that I’m not going to be getting any good sleep tonight.  The kids will almost certainly be having nightmares all night, or just not sleeping at all, and I wouldn’t dare not be there with them during that."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Lilly hugged the kids close and nodded to the officer. "We should get back to Rosie, the engine we came here on. She'll be getting worried if we don't get back soon. Do you know if Connie will be able to get back with us?" 
~~~
The cop nodded and got the door for her. "Kids are resilient, all you can do is be there for them now." He said, waiting for her to get in then going around to the driver's side so he could take her to the station to sign her statement and get it on file.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:43 am

“Yes, that sounds like a good idea to me,” the young officer said as he gently offered a hand to each of the kids to help them stand, which Nathan slowly accepted and used to stand up.  “I don’t know exactly if you’ll all be able to leave together tonight, we’ll have to see how the initial investigation is going on her end, but I really have no idea myself.”

~~~
Connie took her weapon when the officer presented it back to her, thanking him before she stowed it into her shoulder holster again, then clipped in the extra holding strap as well before she opened the police cruiser's door and sat down inside.

~~~
Rosie was keeping vigilant, her vision always shifting around her, when she saw a white Plymouth Satellite coming down one of the side streets towards her.  It was too dark for her to see that it was a police vehicle, so she was still nervous and hollered towards Detective Benson “Hey, who goes there?  You better stay back, you hear me?  I’m from Nooyauk, I’m not playin around!”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:21 am

Lilly frowned a little then nodded "Alright, if it comes down to it, I can call my father and let him know we will be sending the night here. For now, let's get back to Rosie." She said, reaching for the kid's hands to go with them.
~~~
He waved to the other officer before heading for the station to get this done and filed for her. 
(*Shrugs* I don;t know what else to say with them atm.)
~~~
"Easy there, I'm officer Phil, my driver is Detective Benson. Your friends asked us to come help keep watch over you while they are tending to the paperwork. Miss Iverson and the two kids will be back soon." The Plymoth said as they drew close enough to stop near the engine so the detective could get out.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:11 am

“You know, I already like you folks,” the young officer replied as the group headed outside towards his partnered car, a very stylish black and white Plymouth Fury.  (I’m gonna retcon this so that he already introduced himself as Kevin Vince, just because by now him having no name is annoying but it’d be super awkward to only introduce himself just now, XD)  “You all seem to really understand how useful and important good, clear, and frequent communication can be, especially in complicated situations like this.”  He opened both of the passenger side doors of the older Crysler for Lilly and the kids to get in and said “Warden, this is Lilly, Cat, and Nathan, we're gonna be giving them a lift back to their train, or possibly bringing them back to the station to stay the night if it turns out that they’ll need to for one reason or another.  Nobody here did anything, its just the kids who got caught up in the 10-49 and one of their guardians.  From what I’ve gathered the shots were the other woman taking care of them killing someone who had tried to kidnap Cat in order to save her.  I don’t have all the details yet, but so far I’d consider it pretty justified.”

“Pleasure to meet you folks,” Warden said as Nathan cautiously clambered up into the back seat and moved over so Cat could get in after him.  “Sorry you little ones had to go through something like that.  People who mess with kids are my least favorite kind of person, I’ll tell you that for sure.”

~~~
(We could drop them just for now, until the groups meet back up together somewhere)

~~~
Rosie was pretty obviously skeptical for a moment as Phil explained the situation to her, but once he mentioned the kids, and referred to Lilly by her last name, she noticeably calmed and did so again when she was able to properly see what exactly Phil was.  “Ohh good, they’re aulright… thank God... And thanks for the help, Ah've aulready had quite ma fill of bein' aull alone, so Ah appreciate the company too.”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Cat reluctantly let go of Lilly and climbed in the seat, turning to Nathan when she was buckled in.

"Hello Warden" Lilly said then got in, looking to the kids then back to the officer. "While my father and I hoped to not have any troubles, we went over laws and procedures just in case anyone on our crews was arrested or needed help from the law enforcement in whichever town we were in. We certainly didn't want to cause any troubles in trying to save our towns."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 am

“Oh really, is that so?” Kevin replied with a smile as he got into Warden's driver seat, buckled up, then got the five of them on their way back towards the rail yard.  “Well that’s very smart and forward-thinking of you, I'd have to say.  You folks seem to be keeping yourselves very well prepared, even for more remotely possible situations, but I guess that goes to show that it pays to be prepared.”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 am

Lilly smiled a little and nodded. "Prepare for the worst while you hope for the best. Is a good description for us right now." She said, relaxing for the ride. She kept glancing to the kids to see how they were doing.

~~~
Phil chuckled a little. "Well, we won't leave you alone until your people get back to you and you are on your way home." He said kindly.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:03 pm

“And I’d say that its a fairly wise way to operate on a more normal basis as well,” Kevin added in simple agreement.

Nathan was, understandably, still a bit frightened and nervous about all of this, but being close together here with Cat and Lilly seemed to be keeping him relatively much calmer than before.

~~~
“Oh great, that’s such a relief, thank you,” Rosie said gratefully.  “I spent more than enough nights totally alone when I got abandoned in Chicago for three years.  Its really not fun, as I’m sure you can imagine…”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:45 am

Lilly gave him a soft smile and nodded. He was right, it was a good way to live, if you could handle the balance of it. 

Cat looked to Nathan and reached for his hand, wanting that connection while they were in here. She had gotten scared for him when he had vanished. 

~~~
"We had a couple of years in Chicago when Benson was in training for his detective badge. I am glad we are back here." Phil said

Benson was simply watching the area, letting the two talk. He wasn't one to say much unless he had something to say anyway, but Phil liked talking, especially to other living vehicles.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:38 am

Nathan glanced down briefly when he caught the movement of Cat's hand, and before she'd even stopped moving, his hand was already firmly grasping hers, the little boy searching for comfort in the aftermath of the second scariest situation of his young life.

~~~
"Oh Gauwd, you guys were working as police officers in Chicago?..." Rosie said, a bit in shock and having gained a lot of respect for the pair.  "Jeez, I've heard about how much of a nightmare it is for law enforcement there.  Does the real thing match up with most of the news and the stories?"

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:42 am

Cat looked to him and gave a small smile. She wasn't happy, but she was glad that he was here with her. She was glad when the car came to a stop. 

~~~
"We were, though only for a short time." Benson said with a nod. "It was not an easy assignment." 

"The stories that reached the media were sometimes 'watered down' for the citizens." Phil added softly. That was not a fun time to remember.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:39 am

“Huh, that’s interesting,” Kevin said as he and Warden came to a stop near the other pair of officers.  “Phil, Detective Benson?  What are you guys doing here?”

Rosie frowned as she heard the pair's explanation about what went on within Chicago and how it was portrayed to the general public.  “Aww jeez, I tell ya', there is something seriously messed up with that city.  Almost like everyone just acts as if there’s no natural consequences for anything they do, and its wrong on so many levels…”  When she saw the other, older police car pulling up she arched her wipers in curiosity, then chuckled a bit and jokingly said “What’s up with you guys, everyone wants to come take a peek at what a real Brooklyn gal looks like?  Lucky there’s so much of me to go around.”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:05 am

Benson looked over and waved to Kevin "We got asked to come over and keep an eye on the train, so we have been chatting a bit." He said then shrugged "Guess they figured someone would try to use the opportunity to take something from her."

"There is" Phil agreed, though there wasn't much of anything that could be done about it. 

Lilly looked to the kids then got out, giving a wave to Rosie. "Who wouldn't want to come by and see you?" She asked, teasing a little then shaking her head. "They were giving us a ride back so we wouldn't have to walk." She explained as she moved to open the door for the kids to get out. "We just have to wait a little bit to see what's happening with Connie to see if we will be spending the night or can head home tonight."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:33 am

“Ahh, I see, shame to say that I’m not too surprised,” Warden sighed in reluctant agreement.  “The people around here are starting to get a bit desperate and panicky from being blocked off from the rest of the world for so long.  It’s been relatively better here and in Fort Fairfax, but the smaller settlements have been pretty bad.  Josha's Cradle is essentially a ghost town now, almost everybody there packed up what essentials and valuables they could fit into their vehicles and evacuated, mostly here to Simonville, just because there’s nothing there as far as food or other necessary supplies are concerned.  I’m glad to see that this rail line is truly reopening, though, I think it’s the saving grace that we've all needed.  Relying purely on Route Seven for everything was just too risky and vulnerable, and an avalanche like that was bound to happen sooner or later.”

Nathan carefully stepped out of Warden’s back seat when Lilly came and opened the door for him, trying his best to step in places where the snow had already been packed down or trampled as he moved over next to her for the feelings of comfort and security that she seemed to give him whenever she was near.

Rosie blushed and giggled a bit at the compliment from Lilly, then sobered a bit and, in a more serious tone, asked “So what exactly happened anyways, is Connie alright?  What’s going on with her and why might we need to spend the night here?”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Lilly hugged Cat and Nathan to either of her sides as she looked to Rosie. "Connie is alright, they were jumped by a wanna-be thief." She said, keeping it to the bare minimum for now. "The kids are really scared, so I will let the cops explain more." She said, glancing to the officers then dipping her head to them before heading inside. There was no need in her mind to making the kids re-live the experience again.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:17 am

Rosie frowned, but slowly nodded her understanding as she watched Lilly, then Cat, then Nathan climb up the short ladder to enter her cab again.  She flicked on her interior lights for them, then waited until she felt Nathan shut her cab door before she started speaking with the officers there and Kevin repeated everything that the two children had told him, not just to the locomotive, but to Warden, Phil, and Detective Benson as well.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:17 am

Lilly got the kids in and settled them on the blankets, sitting with them so they could try to get comfortable. 

Benson and Phil listened to the story with frowns. Benson shook his head when the story ended. "That is sad, those kids sure went through a lot tonight." He said, looking to the cab of the train even though it was closed.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content