The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's the year 1970, and the American railroad industry is modernizing at an incredible pace.  Steam locomotives as a species are being killed off in preference of more reliable and efficient diesel-electric locomotives.  Thousands of the old iron giants are being dragged off to scrap yards and smelting plants in long, ominous funeral trains, their eyes wide and pleading for help that will never come to any human they pass by on their way to their inevitable deaths.  To their old crews, these locos are family, but to the industry, they're now a liability, worth nothing more than their weight in scrap steel, at a rate of about forty seven dollars per metric ton.

In northern Washington State, trouble is brewing in the small railroad city of Fort Fairfax.  The local railroad company has been run out of business by the mega-tycoon that is the Union Pacific.  With the rail line shut down and deteriorating from years of disuse, the only way in and out of the valley was via the main 'highway', Route Seven, but on December 8th, 1970, heavy snow and ice caused a rock face in the mountains to collapse, completely burying three miles of Route Seven under millions of tons of granite boulders, snow, and ice near the town of Saint Josef.  Luckily only ten people were killed, but the road was rendered completely impassable, practically cutting off the entire valley of Bucket Falls from the outside world.  (There are other roads out of the valley, but Route Seven was the only one that was remotely safe in winter conditions, and the only route capable of supporting large trucks in any weather)  The only hope for Fort Fairfax, as well as the neighboring towns of Thomas Canyon, Josha's Cradle, Simonville, and Dunk Town, and the hamlet of Elena Junction, was reopening the old railroad.  The two main industries in the canyon, Dyken's Coal Mine and the Lena's Mineral Mining Company, were among the first to get onboard the bandwagon of reopening the line, followed closely by the Dunk Town Sawmill and Fort Fairfax Petrochemicals.  The companies could all theoretically survive through the winter by temporarily shutting down their operations to save capital, then reopening after the spring thaw would allow for Route Seven to be cleared and rebuilt, but in a rare stroke of plain humanity all four of the company CEOs decided that the railroad reopening would not only be good news for all of them, but more importantly, would be good news for all the people living in the valley.  With the support from the local industries and the residents of the valley, a group of citizens from Fort Fairfax formed the Full Bucket Line Preservation Society, which soon enough became the Full Bucket Line Railroad Company.  The initial investments from the industrial companies provided the FBLRR with most of the initial capital they needed to get most of the line repaired to the point of being safely usable, but that still left them with a rather serious problem.

What the hell good is a railroad with no locomotives and no rolling stock?

When the line was first shut down, the Union Pacific bought up everything worth recovering at the bankruptcy auction, which included all the locomotives and nearly all of the rolling stock.  There were a few cars left behind scattered around the line, but all needed serious work if they were even salvageable at all, and even all of them put together weren't going to be enough to run the railroad with.  Luckily most of the old railroad's employees were local residents, so there was no shortage of qualified workers, but the company was quickly running out of cash, and they still didn't even have any locomotives.

And so the search began for the trains that could help to save the valley of Bucket Falls.  For the size of the line they would be trying to run, starting off they would need at least one or two small locomotives for shunting work and pulling maintenance trains (probably small steam tank engines or diesel switchers), two or three mid-sized locos for general freight traffic and short, local passenger trains, and one large, powerful main-line locomotive for bringing the big freight trains in and out of the valley, as well as pulling the fast passenger services.  It's a tall order, but hopefully the folks at the FBLRR can find some of what they need without breaking the bank.

And hopefully the engines themselves will be willing to cooperate after being neglected and cast aside for so long.

Its the nature of time that the old ways must give in
Its the nature of time that the new ways come in sin
When the new meets the old it always ends the ancient ways
But as history told, the old ways go out in a blaze

~~~~~

Okay, so if you can't tell, this is a world where many of the vehicles that humans build and use are sentient beings, sort of like in "Thomas the Tank Engine" or "Cars" (if Cars had humans).  They have a fair bit of control over themselves, but still need human crew to fully operate most of the time.  They do have faces, but not Thomas-style faces where it covers most of the front of their body.  They're much less intrusive, being just eyes and a mouth somewhere that makes sense on the front of their body, like this:
As sentient beings, they've all got their own personalities and feelings, most have names, they can feel pain and other physical sensations with surprising sensitivity.  Their bodies are a bit flexible, but not quite to the extent of the characters in "Cars".  When a locomotive and its crew are familiar with one another and have formed a tight bond, one can expect to see significantly better physical performance out of both.  The mental health of a sentient vehicle has a significant and direct impact on their physical capabilities, meaning a happy, satisfied train with a good crew that they're close to will tend to perform significantly better than their design specifications say they should be able to, while a depressed or angry locomotive or one with a crew that they're always at odds with will have substantially worse general performance, or may even straight-up refuse to work at all.

Please keep in mind for the vehicles that most of what the FBLRR is going to be using/getting their hands on is going to be old, outdated, and generally unwanted equipment.  Very little, if anything, is going to be new or modern (for the present time period of 1970) so try to keep to trains that were built between the 1940s and the early '60s, or were being retired from service in 1966 at the latest.  Trucks could probably be a bit newer, like '68 or '69 (giggity), but toss in some older ones as well for added historical nostalgia stuff.

Character Forms:

Human:

Name:
Appearance/Picture:
Personality:
Relevant skills:
Recommended/Desired/Current job:
Other:

Trains:

Name: (If they were ever given one, or can remember their name)
Class: (The exact type of train they were.  Please be specific.  If you have an idea about what you want from the character, do some searching online to find something that might match what you want)
Personality:
Picture (Optional):
Other:

Trucks:

Name: (Again, if they ever got one)
Personality:
Picture: (Optional)
Other:

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor gramatical revisions, added a short bit of symbolic poetry)
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Post by Starrnico on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Cat eagerly took the bags she had been given, following Connie out of the store. She frowned and pressed closer to Nathan and Connie when some guys came over to them. 

"What do we have here?" One guy asked as he leered at the females, despite Cat still being a child. 

~~~
Starr smiled as she listened to the others talk about the business and the newer aspects of it. "I hope all goes well" She said happily. 

~~~
Gus nodded again and looked around the car then tilted his head "You want my help out here restoring the cars? Can't do much else till the others get back and we can make a run."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:04 am

Nathan hid closely behind Cat and Connie as he watched this first guy approaching them all, already almost crying as he started having brief, frequent flashbacks about the men who had attacked his parents and kidnapped him.

Connie frowned and moved to keep herself protectively between this thug and the kids as she watched him intently, trying to get a read on his body language and use that to gauge how he might be armed, if he was, yet still frequently scanning around them to search for additional threats, in case any might appear.  “What we've got here is a whole bunch of none’ya, as in none’ya godd#mn business.  If you know what’s good for you, boy, you’re gonna turn around and just keep walking, I don’t think that you’re going to like my second warning very much.”

~~~
“You know what, sure, why not?” Corey chuckled as he glanced back to Roger at the other end of the car and headed in that direction.  “I think we’re about done with this car, and some help would actually be pretty nice, since the next car in the consist is the dormitory-buffet-lounge car, so we’re gonna have old catering equipment and dorm rooms and like all of the windows ever to clean since this dome section runs the whole length of the car and is essentially made of more glass than the domes on all three of the chair cars.”

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:30 pm

"Fiesty one, ain'tcha?" He asked with a grin. "Behave girlie, all we are after is money, but if you make this hard we will take the girl."

There was a second man, coming up from behind them to grab for Cat to make the threat more 'real' to the three, though with Nathan so close that wouldn't be simple. 

~~~
(want to send Starr and the others home or just let them fade for now?)
~~
Gus chuckled and nodded "Lots of glass in that car, six hands are better than four in the cases of cleaning." He said, following Corey over to Roger, who had just finished.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:10 am

“Oh, really?  Is that so?...” Connie laughed humorlessly as she kept her attention on the guy in front of her, not yet seeing the second one coming up from behind as she readied herself to act if she deemed it necessary.  “Well sorry to disappoint, but I don’t really have much, and what I do have I don’t plan on handing out to someone who wants to take it by force and threaten orphaned children to try and get their way,” she huffed defiantly, making moves to head out towards the middle of the street with the kids in order to make a bigger, more noticeable spectacle of the encounter and also to make herself and the kids more visible in the street lights.

~~~
(I think let them fade out for now.)

~~~
“Yeah, ain’t that the truth,” Corey said as they gathered the tools and cleaning solutions they’d been using and headed towards the lounge car.  “Though what I’m mostly weary of is if someone accidentally left some food in any of the appliances from the buffet, because I don’t think anyone would enjoy cleaning decade-old potato salad or tuna casserole or something out of one of these ovens microwaves.”

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Cat screamed when she was grabbed, until the guy covered her mouth to make her be quiet. She struggled a little in his hold, but couldn't get away on her own. 

"Are you sure that's your final answer girlie?" The speaker taunted, following her movements. "We are hungry, so even a little is worth it." 

~~~
Gus frowned at that thought then shook his head a little. "I hope they didn't leave any food in there, that just sounds gross and would look even worse." He said honestly.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Connie whipped her gaze around when she heard Cat scream in terror and immediately backed off further with Nathan behind her.  "Yes, I'm damn positive that's my final answer," she said flatly as she pulled something out of her coat that wasn't easily identified in the dark.  "Now if you guys had asked nicely and offered a favor in return, I likely would've shared something with you willingly, but now I'm the one making the demands here.  You're going to release that girl and lay down on the sidewalk with your hands together behind your heads while we wait for the police, or I put two rounds of forty-five ACP through your brains and then wait for the police to show up.  I'd personally prefer that you elect to go with the first of those choices because I wouldn't want the kids to have to watch the second one play out if I can avoid it."  From her stance and her tone of voice it would now be pretty clear that she was packing something serious and was not scared of using it, or of her chances of hitting the guy holding Cat without hurting her in the process.  "I'll give you guys ten seconds or until you make any sort of sudden moves before I choose for you."

~~~
Corey simply nodded his head in quiet, hopeful agreement as he headed off towards the kitchen of the buffet-lounge car to investigate that possibility himself, apparently letting Roger and Gus take care of the windows for now.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:07 am

The guy holding Cat slowly started to back off, though he kept her in front of himself. He had obviously expected there to not be a fight. He froze when his back hit the building behind him, just staring from Connie to the other guy and back. Definitely a follower and an easily scared one at that. 

"Favor?" The speaker asked and shook his head "Nah, girly, we done been burned by that too many times. The only way to get what you want or need is to take it in this life. 
~~~
Gus nodded and went to help Roger get started on all the glass and woodwork, getting it clean but listening for Corey to say anything or asking for help in the meal preparation area.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:28 pm

Connie noticed the obvious fear in the eyes and actions of the one still holding Cat and shifted her attention and aim mostly towards the arrogant, overconfident one who was still talking.  She essentially just ignored what he was saying as her finger slipped inside of the trigger guard of the .45 caliber Colt M1911 she had pointed squarely at his head.  "Last chance man, five seconds," she said flatly.  "Get on the ground now or I'll put you on the ground."

~~~
After a few moments Corey could be heard hooping and laughing humorlessly at something that he had found, which almost certainly didn't smell very good based on the occasional coughing.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:31 pm

He laughed and moved out a bit into the road as he spread his hands to show he had no weapons in them "You really going to shoot an unarmed 'beggar'?" He asked mockingly and shook his head a little "Certainly not charitable and will land you in prison, love." 

The other guy slowly moved to the alley with the attention off of him, he wanted out of there. 

~~~
Gus looked that way then to Roger before they both moved to open windows to air out the car. Once that was done, they went to see what was up in the galley. "You alright?" Roger called out.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:35 am

“Last time I decided not to shoot an 'unarmed' 'beggar' it cost me a lot, I’m not making that mistake again,” Connie said coldly as her finger closed around the trigger.  The old Colt handgun let out a pair of angry barks as she placed two of the heavy slug rounds cleanly between the man's eyes and he dropped like a bag of rocks onto the snowy asphalt.  With that threat neutralized she smoothly shifted her aim to the retreating man still holding Cat and quickly advanced towards him, not intending to let him break line of sight with her.  “You!” she ordered.  “One chance!  Let the girl go and slowly lie down on the ground or you get the same!  I’m sick of f#cking arrogant people testing me and expecting no consequences, so go ahead!  Make my damn day!”

Nathan had been taken totally by surprise by Connie actually shooting the guy coming at them, and even though inside he was eternally grateful to have someone willing to go to such lengths for his safety, it had still scared the bejezus out of him and he had almost instantly disappeared to go hide under a nearby car.

~~~
Rosie had been resting a bit, the engine in her booster on idle for heat and her own motor off to save fuel and wear, but she immediately woke up when she heard the clear and distinctive *crack crack* of nearby gunshots, something she’d heard far too much of while she’d been left stranded in Chicago.  “Oh my God, L-Lilly, did you hear that?” she asked in surprise.  “I’m pretty sure I just heard gunshots pretty close to here…”

~~~
“Yeah, I’m uh… I’m alright… “ Corey chuckled, apparently in a bit of surprise at something.  “I’m just pretty sure that *this* doesn’t belong in our oven…”  When the other two got to a place where they could see Corey, they’d find him holding the tail of a large, apparently frozen solid raccoon by the tail in one gloved hand.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 pm

The guy jumped at the crack of the gun, letting Cat go and turning as if to try to run away until she spoke. He flinched and dropped in place, hurting himself a little, but not caring if it meant he didn't get shot. He was a small guy, skinny and looking like he was in his late teens though that could be malnutrition partially. "You shot him, you shot my brother." He wasn't sure whether to be happy about that or sad and was really bad at hiding his feelings. "He said he knew you, wanted to play a prank on you." 

Cat had frozen in place, staring at the now dead guy in shock. 

~~~
Lilly frowned and looked to the window, going to look outside at the darkness worriedly. She couldn't just go running off, though she wondered what was going on. "Yes, I heard it." 
~~~
Gus gave a short, surprised laugh at the find and shook his head a little "No, that doesn't belong." He agreed and shook his head a little "At least it's frozen so you can throw it out in one piece."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 pm

“Well your brother was threatening the kids I am charged with protecting and was making provocative moves towards me,” Connie said, moving over towards the one still speaking and breathing and keeping her gaze and aim solidly on him.  “Cat, go get Nathan,” she said, speaking over her shoulder without diverting her attention from the young man on the ground.  “I want the two of you to go back to the store and have Marvin call the police, then stay there with him until Lilly or I or one of the officers comes to get you.”  She then spoke again to the brother of the man she’d shot.  “Really?  Seems like a really sh#tty idea for a 'prank' if you ask me.  Did he say how he knew me and from where and when?”

~~~
“Oh man, what do you think is going on?...” the F7 asked nervously.  “You think that Connie and the kids are in trouble?...”

~~~
“Yeah, that’s for sure,” Corey agreed as he began making his way to the big loading door nearby that was for getting foodstuffs and equipment in and out of the buffet area of the rail car.  “And since she’s frozen she doesn’t smell nearly as bad as she could have, lucky us.”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Cat turned slowly to look at Connie then looked around the area, calling for Nathan. She hadn't seen where he went.

"It had to be after he left home and before he came back to take care of me and our little sister." He said and shook his head a little. "I'm not sure it was a prank, not when he started talking like that."
~~~
Lilly frowned and bit her lip worriedly. "I hope not." She said then looked to the engine and back out into the night. "Should I go?"
~~~
"Yeah, I just hope she didn't have any young in there." Gus said, thinking of how long the cars had been left unattended in the lot.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:41 pm

After a moment of searching and calling for him, Cat would suddenly find Nathan with his arms wrapped around her legs and softly weeping, the young boy having scurried out from beneath the car she had been next to once he had recognized her snow pants and boots.

This was getting more and more curious by the moment, Connie thought as she began delving back through her memories to prepare to search for anything that might help her remember who these men were.  “When was it that he left home, and when did he come back?” she asked.  “You ha e any idea of about how long ago it might have been?”

~~~
“I don’t know, it’s your call,” Rosie said nervously.  “If you feel like there’s something you could do, or if Connie and the kids might be in trouble, then go.  If I hear you call my name I’ll start blowing my horn to draw attention, okay?”

~~~
“Well thankfully it was just her in there,” Corey said as he opened the loading door, put the deceased critter in a trash bag, hooked it by the knot in the bag to a handle on the outside of the car for him to retrieve later, then shut the door again.  “Though how she managed to get the door closed and latched from inside the thing is beyond me.”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:36 am

Cat looked down at Nathan and knelt, hugging him close "Connie wants us to go back to the market and call for the cops." She said gently "Are you alright?" 

He sighed and shrugged a little "Dad died a couple of years ago, Paul left about ten years ago, he was gone for eight years, so anytime in there. If that wasn't another lie just to get me to help. For what it's worth, I am sorry for my part in this." 
~~~
Lilly bit at her lip then looked to Rosie and out again. "You honk if they come back, short if they do, and long if you need help. It could be a distraction to get the cars too." She said worriedly before stepping out to head for where the shots had sounded from.
~~~
Gus watched him then chuckled and shook his head, thinking of a way. "The car was on the lot, we had a lot of vagrants go through, maybe she surprised one and he shut her up in there to keep from being attacked?" It made sense to him anyway.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:36 am

Nathan looked up at Cat timidly as he eagerly leaned into her embrace, still too frightened to say anything but slowly nodding his answer “Yes” and his understanding of what Connie wanted them to go do.

“Paul?... Between ten and a few years ago?...” Connie repeated to herself as she slowly moved over towards “Paul's” body to take a better look and see if she recognized his face, which would be made much more difficult than it otherwise would have been by all the blood on his face and the big gory hole in the middle of his forehead.  “Whats your name, and did you two share your last name?”

~~~
“Got it, Lilly, I’ll keep my eyes sharp and my mirrors moving,” Rosie said, confident but still understandably wary of the potential dangers around their situation.  “You stay safe out there.”

~~~
“Yeah, that’d make sense to me too,” Corey shrugged.  “And then he didn’t unlock it again either because he forgot or he felt too scared of getting bit and possibly catching some nasty pathogen.  A little sad, but the past is in the past, and at least she didn’t make much of a mess.”  He crouched down to inspect the interior of the appliance more closely for a moment, then started removing the interior cooking racks and unplugging the electric elements so that all those pieces, and the inside of the oven, could all be properly cleaned.  “Doesn’t seem like she even scratched at the inside of the oven hardly at all.  Probably got shut in while she was asleep and either suffocated or froze in her sleep without even knowing it, so that’s at least a little comforting.”

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Cat nodded and stood, helping him up so they could leave this place and get back to the market. She was upset by all of this too, but trying to hold on to her emotions. 

~~~
"He had a different mom than us, though we had the same last name by the time I was old enough to notice such things." He said, watching her carefully. "My name's Charles Lee, my little sister is Vera." She might recognize Paul, or not, though he had known her. He had dark hair and brown eyes and was tall and skinny and had a mean look to him even when he was younger. 

~~~
Lilly nodded and looked out worriedly. "I will do my best" She replied and left the train to follow the path to the market where Connie had been heading, though she would come across the odd scene first. 

~~~
Gus nodded before he and Roger would get back to cleaning all that glass in this car.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Nathan shakily followed close by Cat's side as they left the site of the shooting, flushing white as a ghost as he passed Connie and saw Paul’s body lying on his belly with his head rolled to one side and all the crimson-stained snow around him, much of it steaming slightly from its relative warmth.  He clung even more tightly to Cat's side as they walked, an image now burned into his innocent mind of that brutal scene.  This would mark the moment where his childhood innocence had been destroyed, replaced by the cruel, adult world's experience in him witnessing for the first time (for certain) the death of another human.

~~~
Connie sighed and winced at the realization and memory that she did in fact know her would-be attacker, as well as the testimony of his younger half-brother.  She also shuddered when she noticed a cocked revolver, probably a Colt Python, tucked into the back waistband of his snow pants.  She let the back of Paul’s jacket fall back into place naturally so it wouldn’t seem as if she had tampered with anything or planted the gun on his body, then groaned at the memories that were flowing back to her now about her past with Paul Lee.  He’d first started with simply making repeated romantic advances on her a little less than a decade before, all of which she turned down because she simply wasn’t interested and because he had come across as a bit of a creep.  Then it evolved into stalking and light harassing, which had progressed to the point where she felt it necessary to get a restraining order on him.  Before it had gone through, however, he had come to her house and attacked her.  She had been hesitant to shoot him in self-defense because initially she had thought he was just a hungry homeless person at her door asking for food, but when she had come back to the door unarmed she had her guard down and he jumped her.  Thankfully a neighbor called the police and they got there in time to prevent either of them from killing the other, but Connie had nearly lost her left eye in the fight.  She hadn’t seen him since then, but she had heard him talking about his little sister Vera on multiple occasions, so she couldn’t help but feel sympathy for Charles and Vera for this and the situation they’d apparently been in for so long.  “I remember him…” she sighed.  “He always spoke pretty highly of you and Vera, even if he was a creep and a stalker himself...”  She thought for a moment, then lowered her aim and relaxed slightly, then said to the younger brother of her ex-stalker “Charles, get up.  Go home and take care of your little sister and your mom.  I’m sorry you got wrapped up in all this.  Stay out of trouble and I'll see if I can get you a job once the railroad company I’m with gets off the ground.  It might be a week or two, but I think I can get you some kind of work by Christmas.  I’ll say I couldn’t see who the second person was in the snow and the dark, and that they got away and I didn’t chase them.  Just… go home before the cops show up and make sure you don’t leave a trail of footprints leading back with you.  You’re a good kid, Paul always said that he wished that he could have stayed as good a person as you, and I don’t want his fetish for me landing you with a first degree felony, alright?  Stay out of trouble, I’ll sort this out with the police, and I’ll come find you when I have a second chance open for you.”  She made her way over to rummage through the plastic bags they’d gotten from the store and pulled out the paper bag with her footlong hot meatball sub, chips and cookies in it.  She quickly pulled a pen from her jacket, scribbled her home phone number on the bag, then headed over to hand it to Charles once he got to his feet.  “Here, have this too, you look like a Halloween decoration and it kinda scares me.”  She hadn’t seen Lilly approaching the scene from down the street, but what the other young woman would come across would be rather bizarre and extreme for what she’d experienced in her life thus far.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:16 am

Cat shuddered at the sight of the dead guy and turned a little, pulling Nathan closer to try to block his view a little as they went past, heading for the market to call the cops. She never wanted to see anything like that again. She was still shaking when they got there and spoke to the employee.

~~~
Charles blinked, standing slowly. He was surprised by her words and actions though he took the sandwich eagerly enough. "Our mom died not long after Vera was born. It's part of why dad turned so mean." He said and held a hand out to her. "Thank you, I really didn't think he would go so far and I'm sorry for everything he did to you." He said then turned to leave, starting off on the road where there wasn't any snow.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Nathan was softly whimpering and clinging tightly to Cat's side as they headed back into the store to talk with the clerk about what had happened.  The man at the counter was visibly shocked by what had transpired just down the street and immediately got on the phone to notify the police.

~~~
Connie sighed as she shook Charles’ outstretched hand and added “Well then your little sister needs you even more than I thought.  It’s okay at this point, the past is in the past, we’ve gotta keep moving forward as best we can.  Good luck Charlie…”  After he’d disappeared she looked back over at Paul's body and sighed, then glanced down at her own firearm.  She put the handgun on safety and removed the magazine, then racked the slide back a few times to eject the live round currently in the chamber and ensure the chamber was clear.  She then picked the ejected round up out of the snow, brushed it off, then thumbed it back into the top of the magazine before reinserting the magazine and holstering the pistol.  She groaned and leaned back against the closest lamp post, about three paces towards the railyard from Paul's body and groaned, nothing left for her to do but wait for someone to show up.  She was expecting the police or maybe some random bystander to be who arrived next, totally not expecting that Lilly was already almost upon the scene.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Once the story was told Cat found a place to sit on the floor, curling up against Nathan and holding him close. She just wanted to cry too, that had been such a scary experience. 

~~
Lilly came across the scene, looking at the body then to Connie before going over to her. "Connie? What happened, are you alright, where are the kids?" She asked, coming over to kneel next to her.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:35 am

Nathan was all too eager to curl right up with Cat and start crying softly on the floor, occasionally whimpering a weak call for his mother.  Most of him was wanting for what he had just been through to somehow turn out to be just a really bad, vivid dream, but there was some small part of him that oddly was glad that this had happened for reasons he didn’t yet understand.

~~~
Connie tensed up when she heard and saw Lilly approaching, her right hand instinctively moving to her shoulder holster, but she visibly relaxed when she recognized who it was coming towards her and she released her grip on her gun.  “Oh my God, Lilly…” she sighed, glancing over the scene again then giving the condensed version of what had happened, focusing mostly on what Paul had done and hardly mentioning Charles' involvement aside from him having been the one to reluctantly restrain Cat.  “Its really not his fault, his brother dragged him into this, that’s why I let him go and sent him home.  I sent the kids back to the store we just went to and told them to have someone call 9-1-1, then wait there until either the police arrived or one of us got there and told them to do something different.”  She sighed and looked back over at Paul's body, remembering something about Charles’ attire that would prove to be quite helpful to the young woman's plan for him.  “They’re probably gonna keep me in custody at least for tonight as they investigate the incident, and they’re probably going to hold the kids temporarily for questioning.  Lilly, I need you to do something for me regarding the kids.  Can you go down to the store before the police get there and tell the two of them to say they couldn’t see Charles’ face or to say anything about him that could identify him?  He’s a really good kid, as well as the only family and source of care that his little sister Vera has left.  I don’t want him to get slapped with a felony over this, Paul had lied to him and told him that it was just supposed to be a prank.”  Thankfully Charles' face had remained rather well hidden by the hood of his jacket and the shadow it cast, so there wouldn’t be much about him the kids could identify in the first place.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Lilly nodded and went over to Connie to hug her gently. "I will keep an eye on the kids and tell them." She said once Connie was done explaining everything. Goodness, that was a lot. She left then, going to the market to find the kids and sit with them, passing on the message when they were alone so that the other guy wouldn't get into trouble.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Nathan looked like he was about to start sobbing in joy when Lilly showed up, and he clung tightly to the young woman's legs when she reached him and Cat.  He would still be there in that same position eight minutes later when a pair of police cruisers sped past the store with their lights and sirens on, and shortly afterwards a third pulled up and parked in front of the store.  The human officer got out and headed inside the store, looking around for a moment and speaking to the clerk briefly before he started making his way over towards Lilly and the children.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Lilly sat down when Nathan held her like that to keep from falling over and so she could hug both children close. She looked to the officer when he came in then back to the kids. "The cop is here." She said gently, looking to him then giving a small wave. "How do you want to do this?"

~~~
The other cars came to a stop near the body, one getting out to start collecting evidence while the other went over to Connie. "You the one the clerk was talking about?"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:06 am

“Well, I suppose we aught to start with making sure that nobody is physically hurt, especially the kids,” the young officer said with a sigh, clearly not pleased that this situation had happened in the first place, but especially displeased that it had involved two young children.  “The shock and adrenaline can sometimes make you unaware of the pain from an injury, so let’s just make sure everyone is alright first, and then we can start asking about what exactly happened out there.”

~~~
Connie looked up and sighed in relief and a bit of despair when she saw the police arriving and one of the officers heading over to her, though she was easily more put-out by the fact that this had happened at all than anybody else except perhaps Charles.  “Yes, I suppose that would be me,” she said, slowly standing up from the curb then moving her hands out away from her sides where they were clearly visible.  “Officer, before we go any further, I feel it necessary to inform you that I am presently still armed.  There is a pistol in a shoulder holster under my jacket on my left hip, and if you wish to remove it from my person yourself for your own safety please do so.  I know a bit about local law and police safety procedures, and I think we’d all prefer that we get through this as smoothly and calmly as we can manage."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next