The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's the year 1970, and the American railroad industry is modernizing at an incredible pace.  Steam locomotives as a species are being killed off in preference of more reliable and efficient diesel-electric locomotives.  Thousands of the old iron giants are being dragged off to scrap yards and smelting plants in long, ominous funeral trains, their eyes wide and pleading for help that will never come to any human they pass by on their way to their inevitable deaths.  To their old crews, these locos are family, but to the industry, they're now a liability, worth nothing more than their weight in scrap steel, at a rate of about forty seven dollars per metric ton.

In northern Washington State, trouble is brewing in the small railroad city of Fort Fairfax.  The local railroad company has been run out of business by the mega-tycoon that is the Union Pacific.  With the rail line shut down and deteriorating from years of disuse, the only way in and out of the valley was via the main 'highway', Route Seven, but on December 3rd, 1970, heavy snow and ice caused a rock face in the mountains to collapse, completely burying three miles of Route Seven under millions of tons of granite boulders, snow, and ice near the town of Saint Josef.  Luckily only ten people were killed, but the road was rendered completely impassable, practically cutting off the entire valley of Bucket Falls from the outside world.  (There are other roads out of the valley, but Route Seven was the only one that was remotely safe in winter conditions, and the only route capable of supporting large trucks in any weather)  The only hope for Fort Fairfax, as well as the neighboring towns of Thomas Canyon, Josha's Cradle, Simonville, and Dunk Town, and the hamlet of Elena Junction, was reopening the old railroad.  The two main industries in the canyon, Dyken's Coal Mine and the Lena's Mineral Mining Company, were among the first to get onboard the bandwagon of reopening the line, followed closely by the Dunk Town Sawmill and Fort Fairfax Petrochemicals.  The companies could all theoretically survive through the winter by temporarily shutting down their operations to save capital, then reopening after the spring thaw would allow for Route Seven to be cleared and rebuilt, but in a rare stroke of plain humanity all four of the company CEOs decided that the railroad reopening would not only be good news for all of them, but more importantly, would be good news for all the people living in the valley.  With the support from the local industries and the residents of the valley, a group of citizens from Fort Fairfax formed the Full Bucket Line Preservation Society, which soon enough became the Full Bucket Line Railroad Company.  The initial investments from the industrial companies provided the FBLRR with most of the initial capital they needed to get most of the line repaired to the point of being safely usable, but that still left them with a rather serious problem.

What the hell good is a railroad with no locomotives and no rolling stock?

When the line was first shut down, the Union Pacific bought up everything worth recovering at the bankruptcy auction, which included all the locomotives and nearly all of the rolling stock.  There were a few cars left behind scattered around the line, but all needed serious work if they were even salvageable at all, and even all of them put together weren't going to be enough to run the railroad with.  Luckily most of the old railroad's employees were local residents, so there was no shortage of qualified workers, but the company was quickly running out of cash, and they still didn't even have any locomotives.

And so the search began for the trains that could help to save the valley of Bucket Falls.  For the size of the line they would be trying to run, starting off they would need at least one or two small locomotives for shunting work and pulling maintenance trains (probably small steam tank engines or diesel switchers), two or three mid-sized locos for general freight traffic and short, local passenger trains, and one large, powerful main-line locomotive for bringing the big freight trains in and out of the valley, as well as pulling the fast passenger services.  It's a tall order, but hopefully the folks at the FBLRR can find some of what they need without breaking the bank.

And hopefully the engines themselves will be willing to cooperate after being neglected and cast aside for so long.

Its the nature of time that the old ways must give in
Its the nature of time that the new ways come in sin
When the new meets the old it always ends the ancient ways
But as history told, the old ways go out in a blaze

~~~~~

Okay, so if you can't tell, this is a world where many of the vehicles that humans build and use are sentient beings, sort of like in "Thomas the Tank Engine" or "Cars" (if Cars had humans).  They have a fair bit of control over themselves, but still need human crew to fully operate most of the time.  They do have faces, but not Thomas-style faces where it covers most of the front of their body.  They're much less intrusive, being just eyes and a mouth somewhere that makes sense on the front of their body, like this:
As sentient beings, they've all got their own personalities and feelings, most have names, they can feel pain and other physical sensations with surprising sensitivity.  Their bodies are a bit flexible, but not quite to the extent of the characters in "Cars".  When a locomotive and its crew are familiar with one another and have formed a tight bond, one can expect to see significantly better physical performance out of both.  The mental health of a sentient vehicle has a significant and direct impact on their physical capabilities, meaning a happy, satisfied train with a good crew that they're close to will tend to perform significantly better than their design specifications say they should be able to, while a depressed or angry locomotive or one with a crew that they're always at odds with will have substantially worse general performance, or may even straight-up refuse to work at all.

Please keep in mind for the vehicles that most of what the FBLRR is going to be using/getting their hands on is going to be old, outdated, and generally unwanted equipment.  Very little, if anything, is going to be new or modern (for the present time period of 1970) so try to keep to trains that were built between the 1940s and the early '60s, or were being retired from service in 1966 at the latest.  Trucks could probably be a bit newer, like '68 or '69 (giggity), but toss in some older ones as well for added historical nostalgia stuff.

Character Forms:

Human:

Name:
Appearance/Picture:
Personality:
Relevant skills:
Recommended/Desired/Current job:
Other:

Trains:

Name: (If they were ever given one, or can remember their name)
Class: (The exact type of train they were.  Please be specific.  If you have an idea about what you want from the character, do some searching online to find something that might match what you want)
Personality:
Picture (Optional):
Other:

Trucks:

Name: (Again, if they ever got one)
Personality:
Picture: (Optional)
Other:

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Wed May 23, 2018 10:17 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor gramatical revisions, added a short bit of symbolic poetry)
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: The Full Bucketniers RP (Open)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:01 pm

"Yeah, I believe three years is right," Jim replied.  "But we only finally got engaged a few months ago.  It's been a pretty long road, but I think we're finally approaching some straight and level here with you folks."

"Let's hope so," Sam piped up.

~~~
"Yep, exactly like that," Connie replied with a smile, flicking her radio back on and calling to Rosie and Lilly.  "Alright, you're good to reverse," she said, gesturing with hand signals as well.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 am

Starr smiled and leaned against Jim a little, hugging him. She was happy to be here with him and engaged, and having a place she could set up shop. It seemed everything was falling into place here.

~~
Cat moved back to watch the train start to move backwards. This was pretty exciting to know she had helped to move things into place.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:08 pm

(Just went back and checked, and we never specified how long they'd known each other, only that they'd been engaged for about eight months and that Jim had worked for the Union Pacific for seven years before his accident, so since she's twenty years old and he's thirty three, we could say that they met three years ago when she was only a nurse, but in the time that has passed since then they fell in love, got engaged just after she turned twenty, and she earned her qualification as a trauma surgeon sometime between then and now.  Man, Jim's luckier than I realized, lol)

"Well since there's not too much else to do right now, how would you two like a bit of a tour of the facilities here?" Dirk suggested after a short silence.

"Beats anything that I can think of to do," Jim shrugged, smiling as he hugged his fiancé back.  "What do you think, love?  That sound like fun to you?"

~~~
"I think I can assume you've hopped onto a moving train at least a few times before," Connie chuckled, jogging a few yards closer to the approaching train.  She waited for the first coal hopper to reach her, then deftly grabbed the first side ladder as the car passed, letting the momentum of the train help swing her up and fully onto the ladder without much effort on her part.  She then transferred over to the small grate that acted as a cramped platform at the end of the car in order to clear the ladder for Cat to climb on.

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:47 pm

(lol, alright, that works for me Smile )
"That sounds wonderful. I would like to see more of this place" Starr said happily. She looked to Jim again and reached for his hand to hold it. "This is our new home after all." 

~~~
Cat watched her then followed, running up to lump onto the ladder after Connie moved out of the way for her. She chuckled and looked to the other female "Yeah, once or twice, though my parents would have hated it."

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:20 pm

"I was just thinking the same thing, darling," Jim said, happily taking Starr's hand in his as he turned to listen to Dirk.

"I'm glad you guys think you've found where you belong,"  Dirk said with a smile.  "Might as well start right here in the work shed and introduce you to the engines as well."  He started pointing to each of the locomotives and introducing them in turn.  "The two little ones over there are Duck, an ex-Great Western Railway 8600 Class Pannier tank engine, and Malcom, a Western Pacific B4a dockside switcher.  This one here is Helen, she's a Canadian Pacific H1b Hudson, possibly the last non-streamlined Hudson left in the world.  Rosie's out right now, but she's a New York Central F7 diesel-electric unit.  Then the big girl all the way down at the far end blushing like she just chugged a bottle of Tabasco sauce, that's Sam.  She's a really special one:  a Southern Pacific GS-7, but the GS-7 as a class never actually existed.  She was the prototype, and since SP cancelled the project after she was built, she's the only engine of her kind to ever exist."

~~~
"Well I'm sure they would understand you doing it now," Connie said, smiling at how surprisingly good Cat was at jumping back up onto the moving train.  "And besides that, if you've only done it a few times, I'd say you're a natural."

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Starr smiled and called a greeting to each engine as they were introduced. She was glad to hear the names and be able to talk to the engines here. 

~~~
Cat flushed and moved away a little "I was always sure-footed." She said shyly. She liked being complimented but was still shy about it.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:55 pm

"As I'm sure you can guess, the workshop here is where most of the maintenance, repairs, modifications and such would be made to the locomotives," Dirk said as he started heading towards the back of the room.  "It's also part of the same building as the roundhouse, which is pretty convenient for us."

"How many tracks do you guys have in the roundhouse?" Jim asked.

"I believe there's twelve in there," Dirk answered.  "Which should be sufficient for us long into the future, provided we can get this company off the ground and on the rails."

~~~
"Well I suppose that you still are, which again is good for our new line of work," Connie chuckled, looking forwards as they slowly backed into the refuse dumping area.  "Hold up here Lil, looks like we've got some switching to do before we're on track to the gravel cars."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:13 am

Starr nodded, looking around the place as they went on the tour. "I imagine you will, since you already have working engines and a plan in place."

~~~
Lilly slowed them to a stop again to let the two move the next tracks over. They were already going slow, so it wouldn't take long 

Cat grinned and waited a moment before jumping off and running over to the switch to check if it looked like the other enough for her to move it.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:13 pm

"It pays to think positive," Dirk said with a smile.  "Helen should be ready to work in a day or two, and then we can start running passenger services regularly with her while Rosie handles the freight for the time.  Sam might take a week or so, since Julia's having to forge a very precision part from scratch for her main piston system, but once we've got her going again I don't think that there's anything that'll stop her."

~~~
The switches would all look the same as the first one they'd rearranged, and though they'd take a bit of work, eventually they'd all come loose and be willing to be realigned properly.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:58 am

Starr nodded and looked over to Sam again "I bet she'll be ready to go by then." She said then chuckled softly "Kind of like a hospital in here, getting the engines fixed up so they can go again." 

~~~
Cat was glad they were the same, doing her best to help move them so they could continue on and get the rest of the cars and be able to head home again.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 pm

"Yeah, I suppose it is," Sam agreed with a chuckle.  "Helen's getting some internal stitching done on her lungs, I'm getting a hip joint replaced, and Malcom has some serious stomach issues and he can't stop himself reliably."

~~~
It would take them another few minutes, but soon enough they had everything set up properly and Connie gave the signal for Lilly to start bringing Rosie and the train back again.

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 am

(ew on Malcolm, lol *stomach problems+can't stop*)

Starr laughed at the comparisons, nodding in agreement. It made sense and there was a correlation between them. "It's even still a lot of learning to become an engine doctor vs a human one." She liked Sam, she knew how to joke around.
~~~
Cat was glad when they could get Rosie moving again, going to get on the ladder again until they got close to the other cars to watch that part of this process.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:36 am

(lol, yeah, eww is right.  Also, thanks for the reminder about his braking problems)

"Yeah, you're definitely right about that one," Sam chuckled.  "Not many of those kind of people left, unfortunately.  Most of the folks who had that sort of intimate knowledge and wisdom about how our bodies worked have either died, moved on and forgotten most of it, gotten too old to put it into practice, or simply don't care anymore."

"Yeah, that's definitely true," Dirk said with a sigh.  "We're really lucky to have Connie, Gus, and Mr. Iverson here.  Between them they've got about sixty years of experience working with big, old steamers like you guys.  Julia might not have that level intimate knowledge gained from experience quite yet, she's still very mechanically gifted and she catches on fast, and Roger and Ben are both plenty competent enough to help with the normal, day-to-day stuff.  And who knows, Starr, maybe you could start training up to be able to work on that same sort of thing as well?"

~~~
Connie went on ahead to the gravel cars to make sure the coupler there was open and movable, then stayed there by those cars to guide Rosie and Lilly in close.  Once they had coupled up to this new consist and completed their train, she gestured for Cat to come with her so they could go down the string of gravel hoppers and make sure everything was in order along the whole train, as well as to release the hand brakes so they could all get moving once their quick inspection was done.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Starr chuckled softly but shook her head, she just couldn't see herself becoming an engineer after going through so much to become a doctor. She probably could, if she put her mind to it, but right now, she didn't see a need or have the will to try that. That's what the others wanted, and she was glad they did. 

Helen had fallen asleep with all this talking and the warmth that was melting the ice in her. 

~~~
Cat stayed close to Connie, watching and helping as they got the cars connected, then walked with her to release the handbrakes and get the rest of the cars ready to move once more. "This is great that we will have so much fuel from this trip" She said happily.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Sam shrugged her pistons and said "Ehh, no biggie, I'm sure being a surgeon for humans is pretty complicated on its own and you'd have enough on your plate anyways.  I just thought I might as well suggest that."

"Yeah, no harm in asking," Dirk agreed.  "Now if you guys want I can show you around the back of this building and the roundhouse a bit."

~~~
"Yeah, I agree," Rosie replied with a smile from up front before Connie could speak up.  "Helen's gonna be so eager to get up and go once she gets that patchwork on her boiler done and passes her re-inspection."

"Took the words right out of my mouth, Rosie," Connie chuckled as she and Cat would eventually reach the far end of the train.  "Alright, everything seems pretty good to me with the gravel cars," she called over the radio.  "I think we're all set to go once we get back to you three up there.  What do you think, Cat?  Did you see anything that worried you?"

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:53 pm

"No, no harm in asking" Starr agreed, going over to touch Sam before following Dirk to look at the roundhouse with Jim and anyone else that was tagging along. 

Scotty focused on the ice melting again and cleaning that mess out while Helen slept lightly.
~~~
Cat looked at the cars again then shook her head "We can double check as we head up to Rosie again, but I didn't see anything." She said honestly.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm

"So back here is where a lot of the rest of the magic happens," Dirk said as they headed back through the crew barracks and the various other back rooms.  "This is the barracks here, where the train and maintenance crews would generally hang out and sleep once they've brought their trains back to the roundhouse and are off shift.  Some of them head to their actual home instead, but for some who either don't have a place to stay locally or think it's just too inconvenient they just stay here.  Since you guys are both new to the area, I'm sure you don't have somewhere of your own to stay yet, so if you'd like to set up here for a while please feel free."

Sam chuckled a little as she watched the three humans heading off into the back, then decided to take after Helen's example and settle down to rest a bit herself.

~~~
"That's what I like to hear," Connie said, smiling at Cat as they did just as the girl had suggested, this time each of them returning on the opposite side of the train so they could each check over the areas the other had looked at first.

One long, snowy hike later, both girls arrived back at the head of the train having discovered only two minor problems with loose hoses that they easily fixed on the spot.  "Alright, I think we're finally set to head back towards home," Connie said as she clambered back into the blissful warmth of Rosie's cab.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Starr looked to Jim and smiled at him, nodding "That might be best to find a place here, at least for now."She said agreeably, though she would want to get to getting married before too long. 

~~~
Cat climbed in and knocked the snow off her shoes then went over to curl up in her blanket, setting the now wet shoes where they would dry off a little while Lilly and Connie got them moving again. "It's really cold out there." She said, glad for the warmth of the cab

Lilly would start them off slow, wanting to be sure Rosie could handle the load and the cars would move before they would get any kind of speed at all, though she planned to go slow anyway.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:57 pm

"Well if you like that plan, then so do I," Jim said with a smile.

"Like I said, if you guys want to stay here for a while, be our guest," Dirk reaffirmed with a smile.  "You guys want to see Julia's workshop now?"

~~~
"You're telling me," Rosie laughed as she strained for a moment against the heavy cars.  Her wheels spun and ground against the frozen rails until she inched forwards enough to hit the sand she'd started dumping in place, then her wheels dug in hard and she surged forwards.  "At least my body is heated anyways, so it's not too bad for me.  Oooooh yeah that's good, this is gonna be a workout.  Let's do this!"

"Someone sure is eager," Connie chuckled as she set her wet boots down near one of the air vents with Cat's, then headed over to sit back in the co-driver's seat again.  "Once we get out onto the main line again we should be good to let her stretch her legs and bring us up to speed."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm

"Sure" Starr said with a smile. She was happy to see anywhere he would show them. "Could we see one of the places to stay on the tour?" They would have to put their things away somewhere anyway.
~~~
Lilly nodded then frowned a little "The more weight, the longer it takes to stop. Are you sure we should try for speed with this many cars?" She asked curiously.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:47 pm

"Yeah, sure, there's actually a few unused office areas right here near the crew quarters that could be pretty easily converted into a more personal room or two for you both to use until you get your feet under you here in Fort Fairfax," Dirk said as he changed his course and led the pair over to show off a few mostly empty rooms located near the crew barracks.  Between the three of them they were about the size of a modest apartment, but each one individually could easily serve as an adequate one or two person bedroom, since most of the other necessary facilities and living spaces were communal and more than sufficient.

"I think this is definitely something we can work with," Jim said after taking a look around for a while.  "You think one or two of these rooms will be alright for one or both of us to stay in for a while?"

~~~
"Well I don't see too much of a reason not to," Connie shrugged.  "I mean, visibility is pretty good since, while there's a ton of snow on the ground, it's not actively snowing.  There's no other traffic on the lines for us to worry about, and anyone who's out wandering around the tracks in three or four feet of snow right now would have to be completely out of their mind.  We'll be more than fine to go up to fifty-five or sixty for now, but if we decide not to stop in Simonville, then we can slow down to thirty or forty when we're in that area if you'd like."  Connie shrugged again and leaned back in her chair a bit as she watched the train behind them through the windows in Rosie's cab.

"I say let's go for it," Rosie added as they started trundling back onto the main line heading south with the heavy coal and gravel hoppers.  "Personally I'd rather not take it slow and have the journey home take four or five hours when we can easily and safely do it in half that time."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Starr nodded and smiled as she looked at the rooms "That will work, one each until we can get married, then we can just stay together?" She said and looked to Jim. 
~~~
Lilly nodded and dipped her head a little. She was only concerned about keeping them safe, and they didn't know if any of the cars needed brake work, though hopefully they wouldn't have to find out one or more were broken or frozen in place. "Alright, I guess the question now is if we are stopping to eat somewhere along the way or just go home?"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:17 pm

"That sounds like a wonderful plan to me, sweetie," Jim chuckled, leaning down to kiss Starr softly on the cheek.

"Well I hope that'll come soon," Dirk laughed.  "You two can't seem to get enough of each other already."

~~~
"Well I think you know what answer you're gonna get from me," Connie shrugged as she broke out her lunch and started eating.  "I'm never not hungry, but I'll let the kids decide for us."

Nathan had already eaten his lunch on the way up, and when asked about whether they should stop or not he glanced down at his growling stomach.  "I guess I'm still hungry..." he said meekly, looking over to Cat to see how she'd answer.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:37 am

Starr blushed and chuckled, looking to Jim and nodding. "Yeah, we can't get enough of one another now, so waiting is hard." She said softly. 
~~~
Cat looked up to the others then shrugged "I'm still hungry too" She added in her vote to stop and eat together. Maybe it had something to do with not eating well for so long that made her hungry more often now.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:08 am

“Well congratulations on keeping your morals intact despite the momentary pain and urges,” Dirk said, his voice showing he was impressed and pleased with the story.  “It should be pretty easy to refurnish two of these rooms with a bed each and some simple drawers or dressers for clothes.  You wanna see Julia's little den of metallurgy and witchcraft next?”

~~~
“Well then I suppose that settles it,” Rosie shrugged.  “The kids are hungry, so we’re gonna stop and get them fed.”

“Sure, I’ll use that excuse,” Connie chuckled as they were gradually picking up speed on the main line.  The young Swede was rather impressed by Rosie’s performance so far.  For a diesel locomotive that had been designed and built more than twenty five years ago, and hadn’t been started in over thirteen years, she was doing remarkably well at pulling a loaded forty car hopper train in sub-zero conditions.  Based on the sounds that Connie knew could tell her how hard the F7's motors were being pushed and the rate at which they were picking up speed, without looking out the window she wouldn’t have even been able to tell that it wasn’t seventy degrees and sunny with zero percent humidity outside, and that really impressed her even beyond her initial surprise.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 am

Starr chuckled at that and nodded "Sure, to the den of witchcraft and metallurgy." She said with a grin. It was hard to wait with Jim, but they did try their best. 
~~~
Cat smiled at that and pulled the blanket a little closer around herself, willing to wait since she knew they would stop. 

Lilly nodded too and looked ahead at the tracks. She was glad Rosie was doing so well even with not being run in so long and her age. She reached over an patted the cab wordlessly.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content