Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Post by SirenFlame on Tue May 16, 2017 6:39 am

First topic message reminder :

STORY

You come home to find in your room a letter sitting on your bed. You take it and read it aloud to yourself: 

Dear ______,

You have shown great skills in your lifetime that can come in use later to us, so as headmaster of the Magic Academy For The Unique, I invite you to take part as a student here to learn what further skills you have and train you for the magic that you possess. Come to _________ for your invitation. I hope to see you then.

Sincerely,

Your future Headmaster

So you get on a plane or find your own way to the island the Academy stands on. And you begin your life as a student there, but before you do any of that you have to test your strength and knowledge. 

RULES

1. Follow all rules stated below as well as those of Not Rated!

2. Your character must be some kind of mythical or supernatural creature of some sort, they can be basically anything from a tiny shape-shifting fox (kitsune) to a huge dragon.

3. No foul language, gore, or mature content. You must timeskip over everything beyond kissing on the neck! You can create your own foul language or you can replace it with the * symbol, but other than that it is unacceptable.

4. All couple types are allowed!

5. No bullying other members!

6. NO HUMAN CHARACTERS OUTSIDE OF TEACHERS!

7. Characters must be at least 16 years old to qualify unless you have RP owner's approval before you make that character.

8. If you would like to be RP Thread contact the RP owner.

9. All spells/powers are accepted as long as you explain what it does in your forms. Just do not make it to stupid or over-powered.

10. NO MARY SUES!

11. In forms if you've read and agreed to the rules, put "DOUGHNUT" in "Other"

12. Have fun!

Link to character sheets here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

Hidden Truth in the Drakest Lies Characters
Hailey Elizabeth McCormic - blonde with hazel eyes; Red panda; 15 years old
Joshua Alexander Scott-Pierce - black haired with blue eyes; African wild dog; 17 years old
Cylin Monty Henderson - dirty blonde hair with brown eyes; Bobcat; 18 years old
Samantha Marie Deergrove - curly red hair with brown eyes; Irish setter; 17 years old
Chloe Ravenswood - dyed orange hair, left eye brownish hazel, right eye icy-blue; Pine marten; 17 years old
Johnny "Derrick" Cade - longish black hair, grey eyes; Black jaguar; 14 years old
Aiko Chung - Asian, long dark brown hair, blonde highlights, black eyes; Gazelle; 17 years old
Bailey Marie Applebottom - long, slightly curly light auburn hair, blue eyes; Cotoye; 18 years old
SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

http://www.sharedborders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Post by nickyknack on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Maxton looked up from the battle scorched-sand cautiously at the foreign sounds. He searched and scented the air for danger. In his crouching position,  he slowly moved his hand to the hilt of his dagger in preparation should he require it. This wouldn't be the first time he was charged by indigenous life in an unfamiliar realm. His sharp vision carefully scanned for the slightest movement that defied the movement of the breeze. It was then he fixated upon a creature that was not what it seemed.  At least it's aura suggested as much.
The shape shifter was in the form of a fennecc fox. It looked at hum and then scratched itself behind the ear.
Maxton resumed his search of the beach.  He saw the obvious Ainykkoir's foot print and cursed in Fae as he realized it wasn't very fresh.  At least two days old. He glanced to the creature and asked,  "Where is he? " He asked slowly.  The earth speak was strange to his tounge.

The creature didn't understand him very well because heck, it was still an animal. They blinked their eyes and then licked their paws silently.
Interesting,  the indigenous life didn't all communicate with Earth speak.  Dismissing it from his attention , he went about his mission.  He pulled a small moonstone bowl out of his satchel and moved to get a little water from the ocean.  He could smell the salt, but it should still work efficiently. He dislodged a tuft of hair from some driftwood that belonged to the Ainykkoir. He then carefully swished it through the water as he murmured the incantation to activate the gazing spell scribed upon the bowl. Within minutes,  it glowed to life to show the image of Nektar where he was at that very moment. He growled as he saw him alive and well. He watched on as a cave and a fire....no, not a fire.... a creature that was glowing was talking with him. As he asked a different question of the gazing pool, so it would show a map in relevance to Nektar's location to his. That's when he realized he was on the wrong island. He drained the water onto the sand and dried the bowl while he looked out at see with speculation. To fly or to teleport? He thought as he slipped the bowl back in his satchel.

nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 pm

The shape shifter was in the form of a fennecc fox. It looked at hum and then scratched itself behind the ear.
Maxton resumed his search of the beach.  He saw the obvious Ainykkoir's foot print and cursed in Fae as he realized it wasn't very fresh.  At least two days old. He glanced to the creature and asked,  "Where is he? " He asked slowly.  The earth speak was strange to his tounge.

The creature didn't understand him very well because heck, it was still an animal. They blinked their eyes and then licked their paws silently.
Interesting,  the indigenous life didn't all communicate with Earth speak.  Dismissing it from his attention , he went about his mission.  He pulled a small moonstone bowl out of his satchel and moved to get a little water from the ocean.  He could smell the salt, but it should still work efficiently. He dislodged a tuft of hair from some driftwood that belonged to the Ainykkoir. He then carefully swished it through the water as he murmured the incantation to activate the gazing spell scribed upon the bowl. Within minutes,  it glowed to life to show the image of Nektar where he was at that very moment. He growled as he saw him alive and well. He watched on as a cave and a fire....no, not a fire.... a creature that was glowing was talking with him. As he asked a different question of the gazing pool, so it would show a map in relevance to Nektar's location to his. That's when he realized he was on the wrong island. He drained the water onto the sand and dried the bowl while he looked out at see with speculation. To fly or to teleport? He thought as he slipped the bowl back in his satchel.

Trixila and Rantan of course were not aware of this at all but Trixila lifted her head and gazed outside of the cave, her ears twitching.

Joshua Alexander Scott-Pierce - black haired with blue eyes; African wild dog; 17 years old
Samantha Marie Deergrove - curly red hair with brown eyes; Irish setter; 17 years old
Chloe Ravenswood - dyed orange hair, left eye brownish hazel, right eye icy-blue; Pine marten; 17 years old
Johnny "Derrick" Cade - longish black hair, grey eyes; Black jaguar; 14 years old
Aiko Chung - Asian, long dark brown hair, blonde highlights, black eyes; Gazelle; 17 years old
Bailey Marie Applebottom - long, slightly curly light auburn hair, blue eyes; Cotoye; 18 years old
SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:42 pm

Maxton decided to fly, so he could become more accustomed to the gravity and atmosphere of this world. He called forth his Fae form, spread his wings he took flight out over the vast body of water.  He looked to the horizon and his destination.  It was night still, but he knew it was there. The moon cast his silhouette down upon the inky blackness of the ocean's depths below him. He glanced down to look as the sound of a whale breaking the surface caught his attention.  The massive head disrupting the mirror image. He marveled at the sheer size as he continued onwards.

I am the damaged,  I am the relief.  Sometimes I'm people I never hope that I could be.  I take in whatever they turn out. What's  that going to make me now?  Don't you understand? I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. Yeah, I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion.
 ~ Rob Thomas ~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maxton decided to fly, so he could become more accustomed to the gravity and atmosphere of this world. He called forth his Fae form, spread his wings he took flight out over the vast body of water.  He looked to the horizon and his destination.  It was night still, but he knew it was there. The moon cast his silhouette down upon the inky blackness of the ocean's depths below him. He glanced down to look as the sound of a whale breaking the surface caught his attention.  The massive head disrupting the mirror image. He marveled at the sheer size as he continued onwards.

Another shadow appeared in front of him, it looked like a giant bird of some sort.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maxton decided to fly, so he could become more accustomed to the gravity and atmosphere of this world. He called forth his Fae form, spread his wings he took flight out over the vast body of water.  He looked to the horizon and his destination.  It was night still, but he knew it was there. The moon cast his silhouette down upon the inky blackness of the ocean's depths below him. He glanced down to look as the sound of a whale breaking the surface caught his attention.  The massive head disrupting the mirror image. He marveled at the sheer size as he continued onwards.

Another shadow appeared in front of him, it looked like a giant bird of some sort.
Maxton noticed this but made no discernible difference in his movements.  He readied for a possible attack as he used his peripheral vision to try to identify the distance of the shadow's owner. He'd cloak himself if need be.

I am the damaged,  I am the relief.  Sometimes I'm people I never hope that I could be.  I take in whatever they turn out. What's  that going to make me now?  Don't you understand? I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. Yeah, I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion.
 ~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:16 am

Maxton noticed this but made no discernible difference in his movements.  He readied for a possible attack as he used his peripheral vision to try to identify the distance of the shadow's owner. He'd cloak himself if need be.

(Sorry for the wait, are you thinking on what to post in Dragons RP?)

It was too far ahead of him to notice him being there. It was just a harmless hippogriff.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:35 am

It was too far ahead of him to notice him being there. It was just a harmless hippogriff.
(Answered.  I over looked it. )
Maxton relaxed agian.  This earth realm was not what he expected.  On Drothican minor, everything there wanted to eat him. The creatures here were interesting at least.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:30 pm

Maxton relaxed agian.  This earth realm was not what he expected.  On Drothican minor, everything there wanted to eat him. The creatures here were interesting at least.

The hippogriff did dive though into view to catch a fish in its talons from the water but it still didn't notice Maxton.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:36 pm

The hippogriff did dive though into view to catch a fish in its talons from the water but it still didn't notice Maxton.
He marveled at the splendor of the creature and it's graceful elegance is it procured it's food.  He looked ahead and saw the silhouette of the island against the horizon. He knew then he was getting close.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:59 pm

He marveled at the splendor of the creature and it's graceful elegance is it procured it's food.  He looked ahead and saw the silhouette of the island against the horizon. He knew then he was getting close.

The hippogriff was heading right towards it and then flapped its wings and skimmed the water with its legs, catching yet another fish in its beak.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:37 pm

The hippogriff was heading right towards it and then flapped its wings and skimmed the water with its legs, catching yet another fish in its beak.
Maxton moved to a higher elevation to not disrupt the creature's hunting.  He looked down from above to watch though.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:57 pm

The hippogriff still wasn't noticing him until another arrived and let out chirps to the other one. This one was younger and looked like it might be a youngster by the looks of things. It was begging the adult for the food.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:03 pm

Maxton broke off from the two and moved to land on the shores of the far part of the island.  He looked around and inhaled deeply to take in the scents of this new place, before moving inland.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Owls screeched in the darkness and whenever a deer was too close they bolted away from him. The sounds of the night were mainly crickets, night-time birds, some bats squeaking, deer leaping around, and fireflies in the air.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Owls screeched in the darkness and whenever a deer was too close they bolted away from him. The sounds of the night were mainly crickets, night-time birds, some bats squeaking, deer leaping around, and fireflies in the air.
Maxton survey the area with his exceptional night vision. The sounds were strange and new to him. He listened and watched for a time as he walked along silently.  He soon sought some fresh water and filled his palm with the cool fragrant water and brought it to his thirsty lips. It's flavor was intriguing, metallic, yet still alkaline in its ph. He noted as he analyze it.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Owls screeched in the darkness and whenever a deer was too close they bolted away from him. The sounds of the night were mainly crickets, night-time birds, some bats squeaking, deer leaping around, and fireflies in the air.
Maxton survey the area with his exceptional night vision. The sounds were strange and new to him. He listened and watched for a time as he walked along silently.  He soon sought some fresh water and filled his palm with the cool fragrant water and brought it to his thirsty lips. It's flavor was intriguing, metallic, yet still alkaline in its ph. He noted as he analyze it.

An owl flew past him in the night chasing after a mouse apparently.

Rantan curled up next to Trixila and Nektar and fell asleep.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:41 pm

An owl flew past him in the night chasing after a mouse apparently.

Rantan curled up next to Trixila and Nektar and fell asleep.
Maxton got his fill of water and move closer to the cave that held his fugitive. He hunkered down as the cave came into view.  Two of the occupants were asleep.  His target,  however was still awake.  Not that it mattered much. 

Nektar frowned at the odd feeling he had. The fine hairs at the back of his neck stood on end. He looked around for the possible source of it in the inky blackness beyond the mouth of the cave. Was something watching him? He thought nervously.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Trixila somehow got the same feeling he did and she lifted her head, looking around with wide eyes. She glanced towards Nektar worryingly and then she slowly stood up.

Rantan was still asleep.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Trixila somehow got the same feeling he did and she lifted her head, looking around with wide eyes. She glanced towards Nektar worryingly and then she slowly stood up.

Rantan was still asleep.
"Are you feeling that too?" Nektar asked in a whisper.  

Maxton looked down at his hand as something crawled across it. He smiled and shifted into its nondescript form and moved onwards in disguise.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Trixila somehow got the same feeling he did and she lifted her head, looking around with wide eyes. She glanced towards Nektar worryingly and then she slowly stood up.

Rantan was still asleep.

Maxton looked down at his hand as something crawled across it. He smiled and shifted into its nondescript form and moved onwards in disguise.

Trixila nodded her head and glanced around. "I think we should retreat, I don't like this presence." she told him in a whisper.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Rantan was still asleep.

Trixila nodded her head and glanced around. "I think we should retreat, I don't like this presence." she told him in a whisper.
"Retreat where though? There's nothing on this island that can would want to harm us. We'll be save enough in this cave. There's only one way in and out. Which makes it easier to defend if there is a hostile force out there. Just as fire keeps most animals away." Nektar reasoned logically.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Rantan was still asleep.

"Retreat where though? There's nothing on this island that can would want to harm us. We'll be save enough in this cave. There's only one way in and out. Which makes it easier to defend if there is a hostile force out there. Just as fire keeps most animals away." Nektar reasoned logically.

Trixila blinked her eyes and then gulped. "That's no animal." she told him.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 pm

"Retreat where though? There's nothing on this island that can or would want to harm us. We'll be safe enough in this cave. There's only one way in and out. Which makes it easier to defend if there is a hostile force out there. Just as fire keeps most animals away." Nektar reasoned logically.

(I need to go to bed. I'm not making sense anymore.   Sleep )

"How do you know? I can't get anything from it. It was just a feeling of uneasiness at being watched.  What do you feel" Nektar asked quietly. 

A few moths came in and fluttered around the fire as he spoke.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:53 pm

"Retreat where though? There's nothing on this island that can or would want to harm us. We'll be safe enough in this cave. There's only one way in and out. Which makes it easier to defend if there is a hostile force out there. Just as fire keeps most animals away." Nektar reasoned logically.

"How do you know? I can't get anything from it. It was just a feeling of uneasiness at being watched.  What do you feel" Nektar asked quietly. 

"I feel magic, like the magic I use to shift into different things, and I smell fey, but it's not from you." she told him.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:51 am

"I feel magic, like the magic I use to shift into different things, and I smell fey, but it's not from you." she told him.
Nektar visibly paled at Trixila's words. He spoke in Fae as he cursed his luck. For twenty years of hiding he'd never used his magic in force until coming here. That was how the high prince had found him. He rushed to the mouth of the cave a put up a force field to keep out the high prince.  "That will keep hI'm out. We'll be safe in here. Nothing can pass through this warding." Nektar assured Trixila.  He stared out I to the darkness with trepidation of what was waiting to kill him.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:46 am

Trixila gulped nervously. "Do you want me to wake Rantan? He has got magic too like that." she offered.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum