Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Post by SirenFlame on Tue May 16, 2017 6:39 am

First topic message reminder :

STORY

You come home to find in your room a letter sitting on your bed. You take it and read it aloud to yourself: 

Dear ______,

You have shown great skills in your lifetime that can come in use later to us, so as headmaster of the Magic Academy For The Unique, I invite you to take part as a student here to learn what further skills you have and train you for the magic that you possess. Come to _________ for your invitation. I hope to see you then.

Sincerely,

Your future Headmaster

So you get on a plane or find your own way to the island the Academy stands on. And you begin your life as a student there, but before you do any of that you have to test your strength and knowledge. 

RULES

1. Follow all rules stated below as well as those of Not Rated!

2. Your character must be some kind of mythical or supernatural creature of some sort, they can be basically anything from a tiny shape-shifting fox (kitsune) to a huge dragon.

3. No foul language, gore, or mature content. You must timeskip over everything beyond kissing on the neck! You can create your own foul language or you can replace it with the * symbol, but other than that it is unacceptable.

4. All couple types are allowed!

5. No bullying other members!

6. NO HUMAN CHARACTERS OUTSIDE OF TEACHERS!

7. Characters must be at least 16 years old to qualify unless you have RP owner's approval before you make that character.

8. If you would like to be RP Thread contact the RP owner.

9. All spells/powers are accepted as long as you explain what it does in your forms. Just do not make it to stupid or over-powered.

10. NO MARY SUES!

11. In forms if you've read and agreed to the rules, put "DOUGHNUT" in "Other"

12. Have fun!

Link to character sheets here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be put back together
It can be cherished
And it can come in many sizes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

http://www.sharedborders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Post by SirenFlame on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"No need to lay down, I can still use my neck for things, plus there is a teacher here who is taller than all of us combined." he said.
Nektar stood,  grateful for being given leave to do so. He scratched his mane in thought.  "That is quite a teacher. How ever do you fit him in the school? Is he two natured?" He asked with some speculation.
Darkwood laughed hysterically. "That he is a she, and she teaches outside the school and only comes inside as her human form when there's a meeting among the teachers. She teaches navigation. She is the very being the legend of the breathing mountain is based off of here in this school, but she is no mountain." he said.

All of a sudden a very loud thud was heard and even the very ground shook beneath Nektar's feet.
Startled, Nektar called forth a portal dome to protect them from the unforeseen threat. He looked with alert eyes and a sturdy stance for the cause of the disruption.
The "distruption" was standing exactly behind him. A huge at least 3-story-tall dragon with a glowing pattern on its scales and bright blue eyes. It gazed down at him. "No need to be scared youngster." she told him gently.

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Nektar stood,  grateful for being given leave to do so. He scratched his mane in thought.  "That is quite a teacher. How ever do you fit him in the school? Is he two natured?" He asked with some speculation.
Darkwood laughed hysterically. "That he is a she, and she teaches outside the school and only comes inside as her human form when there's a meeting among the teachers. She teaches navigation. She is the very being the legend of the breathing mountain is based off of here in this school, but she is no mountain." he said.

All of a sudden a very loud thud was heard and even the very ground shook beneath Nektar's feet.
Startled, Nektar called forth a portal dome to protect them from the unforeseen threat. He looked with alert eyes and a sturdy stance for the cause of the disruption.
The "distruption" was standing exactly behind him. A huge at least 3-story-tall dragon with a glowing pattern on its scales and bright blue eyes. It gazed down at him. "No need to be scared youngster." she told him gently.
Nektar bellowed in surprise at the voice behind him, until the words registered in his mind. He dropped the dome and looked up to her in awe. " I apologize for mistaking your gender."

Did the moth know that the flame was going to change your life forever, or did she simply fly towards that heated embrace, knowing it would offer her something she couldn't give herself? In the end, the answer didn't really matter. The moth had never wanted the choice. ~Joey W. Hill~
nickyknack
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Nektar bellowed in surprise at the voice behind him, until the words registered in his mind. He dropped the dome and looked up to her in awe. " I apologize for mistaking your gender."
Tuhili, the dragon sniffed at him. Her breath hot in his face. "I've never met a creature like you before, not even in my 2000 years of existence. I am Professor Tuhili, you can call me Tuli for short though." she said.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Tuhili, the dragon sniffed at him. Her breath hot in his face. "I've never met a creature like you before, not even in my 2000 years of existence. I am Professor Tuhili, you can call me Tuli for short though." she said.
" Then we are on equal footing, for I have never met such a creature as yourself. It is an honor to meet you Professor Tuhili. I am humbled in your presence. My name is Nektar Ayko. Last of the Ainykkoir. " Nektar admitted truthfully and bowed formally to her.

Did the moth know that the flame was going to change your life forever, or did she simply fly towards that heated embrace, knowing it would offer her something she couldn't give herself? In the end, the answer didn't really matter. The moth had never wanted the choice. ~Joey W. Hill~
nickyknack
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Tyger watched this exchange from a doorway. The Escape and Evasion / Combat-Defense Professor seemed to lurk EVERYWHERE. He dragged Josiah into the area.
"Hey kid, looks like somebody else just had your same reaction. Now go make friends."
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tyger watched this exchange from a doorway. The Escape and Evasion / Combat-Defense Professor seemed to lurk EVERYWHERE. He dragged Josiah into the area.
"Hey kid, looks like somebody else just had your same reaction. Now go make friends."
Nektar glanced to the male who spoke and the one he was dragging curiously.

nickyknack
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Josiah stumbled forward and hunched his shoulders until he felt Tuhli's gaze on him. It once again took everything he had to straighten and stand like a dragon ought.
"I- ahem! am Josiah Do'Rasnixthis... Greetings and may the blessing of the First Dragon be upon you all."
It was an overly-formal greeting, and Josiah knew it, but it was all his half-panicked brain could conjure for his tongue to utter.
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Tuhili heard Josiah and gently nipped at his tail. "Stop being so formal!" she scolded him. "It is a pleasure to meet you Nektar." she added in.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tuhili heard Josiah and gently nipped at his tail. "Stop being so formal!" she scolded him. "It is a pleasure to meet you Nektar." she added in.
(I didn't get a notification you'd answered, strange.  Neutral  )

Nektar glanced to Tuhili,  before returning his gaze to Josiah again.  Curious about the red dragon.

nickyknack
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:56 pm

"Ow! I panicked! Profe- Where in the name of the First Dragon's s*** did that *Dragon curse* go?!"
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Ow! I panicked! Profe- Where in the name of the First Dragon's s*** did that *Dragon curse* go?!"
"Did what go?" Nektar inquired quietly.

nickyknack
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Ow! I panicked! Profe- Where in the name of the First Dragon's s*** did that *Dragon curse* go?!"
Tuhili herself was even confused at his outburst and actually recoiled her massive head. She blinked in confusion before letting Nektar take over questioning Josiah, feeling talking now would make matters worse.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:45 am

Tuhili herself was even confused at his outburst and actually recoiled her massive head. She blinked in confusion before letting Nektar take over questioning Josiah, feeling talking now would make matters worse.
Nektar glanced to Headmaster Darkwood and back up to Tuhili as he contemplated slipping away to go explore, like he longed to do. He was not used to all this attention and being with others, he just wanted to hide. He hadn't even recognize he'd started backing.

nickyknack
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:38 am

Josiah growled, his breath a crackle of lightning --not fire-- as he explained. "What was said in Draconic isn't fit to utter, much less translate. Suffice to say it is something used for the lowest of the low; I was 20 human years old before I realized it was not my name."
He calmed, his breath no longer electric. "That human in pants the colors of the forest... He claims to be a professor, but he is a lurker, an insult-thrower, and yet... He moves like no human I have ever met."

Professor Tyger Dallas had spent months learning the island and its buildings after he arrived. He could move undetected if he wished, so long as the "prey" didn't know Spectral Shadow. Now, he stood over their heads on the balcony that ringed the library, giving it a "second floor" and leaned on the rail.
"Oh, that's too bad, Josiah. I have a feeling the first time you encounter a group of humans who want your hide as either armor or footwear after you attend my mandatory for all students class that you'll feel different. And before you warm up a spell, take notice of the rules for this building posted on each door, each reading station, and on the podium of the statue in the center."

The rules were plain to see:
1. NO combat in the Library. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Speak in whispers to avoid disturbing others.
3. ALWAYS RETURN books borrowed!
4. Use the Book Returns to return borrowed books.
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Josiah growled, his breath a crackle of lightning --not fire-- as he explained. "What was said in Draconic isn't fit to utter, much less translate. Suffice to say it is something used for the lowest of the low; I was 20 human years old before I realized it was not my name."
He calmed, his breath no longer electric. "That human in pants the colors of the forest... He claims to be a professor, but he is a lurker, an insult-thrower, and yet... He moves like no human I have ever met."

Professor Tyger Dallas had spent months learning the island and its buildings after he arrived. He could move undetected if he wished, so long as the "prey" didn't know Spectral Shadow. Now, he stood over their heads on the balcony that ringed the library, giving it a "second floor" and leaned on the rail.
"Oh, that's too bad, Josiah. I have a feeling the first time you encounter a group of humans who want your hide as either armor or footwear after you attend my mandatory for all students class that you'll feel different. And before you warm up a spell, take notice of the rules for this building posted on each door, each reading station, and on the podium of the statue in the center."

The rules were plain to see:
1. NO combat in the Library. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Speak in whispers to avoid disturbing others.
3. ALWAYS RETURN books borrowed!
4. Use the Book Returns to return borrowed books.
Tuhili frowned deeply and glanced towards the school. "I'm afraid this school's going to need a new headmaster soon." she said sadly. "Tyger, Master Darkwood isn't doing too well lately, I think he may be falling ill." she told the fellow teacher.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:50 am

Utterly confused as to what was being said and what was going on, when Nektar hit the edge of the treeline,  he turned and bolted.

nickyknack
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:52 am

Tyger crossed his legs at the ankle as he leaned on the railing, his voice stern. "And you didn't think the students might not have needed that knowledge, Matron Tuhili?"
Tyger always used the closest pronunciation he could manage to Tuli's name as his accent allowed. He may not have liked her, but he respected her and Darkwood, as it had been Darkwood to bring him hear, and TUli to be the one making him feel like part of the faculty.
"That should have been disseminated in the Teacher's Lounge, and you know that!" Tyger pointed at her, nose to nose with her as she had put her head at his level. "How many of the rest of the faculty know?"
He put up a hand to postpone the answer, then called in his Command Tone, "Students to the Dorms! NOW."
Only after the library had been clear two full minutes, did Tyger restate his question.
"You realize you felt it necessary; I know you like the students; but for the sake of your scales and my skin, Matron Tuhili, did you have to say that now? And how many of the Faculty Members know?"
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tyger crossed his legs at the ankle as he leaned on the railing, his voice stern. "And you didn't think the students might not have needed that knowledge, Matron Tuhili?"
Tyger always used the closest pronunciation he could manage to Tuli's name as his accent allowed. He may not have liked her, but he respected her and Darkwood, as it had been Darkwood to bring him hear, and TUli to be the one making him feel like part of the faculty.
"That should have been disseminated in the Teacher's Lounge, and you know that!" Tyger pointed at her, nose to nose with her as she had put her head at his level. "How many of the rest of the faculty know?"
He put up a hand to postpone the answer, then called in his Command Tone, "Students to the Dorms! NOW."
Only after the library had been clear two full minutes, did Tyger restate his question.
"You realize you felt it necessary; I know you like the students; but for the sake of your scales and my skin, Matron Tuhili, did you have to say that now? And how many of the Faculty Members know?"
(Um, they're outside Tyger XD Tuhili's as tall as the building, she can't even fit her head through a doorway)

Tuhili raised her head. "Whoever faculty saw him limping earlier would guess it. Also why did you call them to their dorms? If the headmaster falls tonight then the whole school will fall with him." she said.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:08 pm

((Dragons like Tuli CAN use Magic to change size... at least from what I'm used to.))

"Because they don't need to see you and I arguing about this!! Don't you think this is why I tried to take on the dracoling?! I did it to SPARE the Old Man from draining himself physically! I KNOW if he dies the school dies with him! And you have as much magic as he, can't you go through some sort of known-only-to-ancient-dragons-and-Darkwood ritual to transfer Headmaster to yourself?! He's been grooming you for the position from Day One!"
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:((Dragons like Tuli CAN use Magic to change size... at least from what I'm used to.))

"Because they don't need to see you and I arguing about this!! Don't you think this is why I tried to take on the dracoling?! I did it to SPARE the Old Man from draining himself physically! I KNOW if he dies the school dies with him! And you have as much magic as he, can't you go through some sort of known-only-to-ancient-dragons-and-Darkwood ritual to transfer Headmaster to yourself?! He's been grooming you for the position from Day One!"
Tuhili frowned deeply and shifted into her human form, a woman in mid 20s with long curly brown hair and blue eyes. "You're saying that he wants me to follow in his footsteps?" she asked him, glancing towards the school.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:13 pm

"Well he sure as *horrendously butchered Draconic word for Dragon-hell* doesn't want ME running this place! I don't want it either! The Old Mand brought me here, and you helped me feel like a member of the Faculty! WHAT ELSE am I supposed to do besides try and protect him and bow and scrape to you like Josiah is always doing?!"
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Well he sure as *horrendously butchered Draconic word for Dragon-hell* doesn't want ME running this place! I don't want it either! The Old Mand brought me here, and you helped me feel like a member of the Faculty! WHAT ELSE am I supposed to do besides try and protect him and bow and scrape to you like Josiah is always doing?!"
Tuhili sighed deeply and closed her eyes. "I've been a teacher here before he was a student, I was here from the very beginning, but I do not wish to follow in his steps as the next head master. Maybe one of the other staff can, but I can't. I-I just can't." she said, lowering her head, ashamed that in all her 2000 years, she had never been this fearful of something.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Tyger punched Tuli in the ankle, which was as high as he could reach. "Snap out of it, ya mountain range-sized lee-zahrd! You wanna badgerbadgerbadger Josiah about bein' a whelp, then go be one yourself?! NOT ON MY WATCH! STAND UP STRAIGHT! PUT THAT GLOW BACK IN YOUR SCALES! Be the Ancient DRAGON you are!!"
Tyger crossed his arms and stared at Tuli as she got in his face.
"THAT is more like it!"
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tyger punched Tuli in the ankle, which was as high as he could reach. "Snap out of it, ya mountain range-sized lee-zahrd! You wanna badgerbadgerbadger Josiah about bein' a whelp, then go be one yourself?! NOT ON MY WATCH! STAND UP STRAIGHT! PUT THAT GLOW BACK IN YOUR SCALES! Be the Ancient DRAGON you are!!"
Tyger crossed his arms and stared at Tuli as she got in his face.
"THAT is more like it!"
Tuhili growled right in Tyger's face and flapped her wings, roaring so loud she could've deafened him for a minute.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Nektar finally returned to the room that the headmaster had given him. He was physically exhausted, yet invigorated. He'd ran like he hasn't ran in years,  exploring the woods here getting him so familiar with the layoutof the land. As he slipped in the door to his room, he searched for the fold out bed.

nickyknack
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nektar finally returned to the room that the headmaster had given him. He was physically exhausted, yet invigorated. He'd ran like he hasn't ran in years,  exploring the woods here getting him so familiar with the layoutof the land. As he slipped in the door to his room, he searched for the fold out bed.
The foldable bed was right next to where Svalbard was but to get to it he'd have to walk over Svalbard's sleeping figure.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next