Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Post by SirenFlame on Tue May 16, 2017 6:39 am

STORY

You come home to find in your room a letter sitting on your bed. You take it and read it aloud to yourself: 

Dear ______,

You have shown great skills in your lifetime that can come in use later to us, so as headmaster of the Magic Academy For The Unique, I invite you to take part as a student here to learn what further skills you have and train you for the magic that you possess. Come to _________ for your invitation. I hope to see you then.

Sincerely,

Your future Headmaster

So you get on a plane or find your own way to the island the Academy stands on. And you begin your life as a student there, but before you do any of that you have to test your strength and knowledge. 

RULES

1. Follow all rules stated below as well as those of Not Rated!

2. Your character must be some kind of mythical or supernatural creature of some sort, they can be basically anything from a tiny shape-shifting fox (kitsune) to a huge dragon.

3. No foul language, gore, or mature content. You must timeskip over everything beyond kissing on the neck! You can create your own foul language or you can replace it with the * symbol, but other than that it is unacceptable.

4. All couple types are allowed!

5. No bullying other members!

6. NO HUMAN CHARACTERS OUTSIDE OF TEACHERS!

7. Characters must be at least 16 years old to qualify unless you have RP owner's approval before you make that character.

8. If you would like to be RP Thread contact the RP owner.

9. All spells/powers are accepted as long as you explain what it does in your forms. Just do not make it to stupid or over-powered.

10. NO MARY SUES!

11. In forms if you've read and agreed to the rules, put "DOUGHNUT" in "Other"

12. Have fun!

Link to character sheets here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be put back together
It can be cherished
And it can come in many sizes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

http://www.sharedborders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Magic Academy For The Unique (OPEN AND ACCEPTING!)

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 am

It was the start of a new day.

The sun was rising and M.Sgt. Tyger Dallas, Academy Professor of Combat/Defense, was finishing his morning 10k. Seeing Headmaster Darkwood, he tacked on another hundred yards.

"Headmaster, I ain't gonna argue yer choice, nor yer methods. I will say this: I'm a military man, through an' through. What good am I gonna be to ya? I ain't got no magic; I'm human fer the sake a' the gods!"

At that moment, Josiah Do'Rasnixthis, a dragon, landed ten yards away and folded his wings like a cape about his body.
"Ah, I'm here because of a Summons?" He held out the letter.
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It was the start of a new day.

The sun was rising and M.Sgt. Tyger Dallas, Academy Professor of Combat/Defense, was finishing his morning 10k. Seeing Headmaster Darkwood, he tacked on another hundred yards.

"Headmaster, I ain't gonna argue yer choice, nor yer methods. I will say this: I'm a military man, through an' through. What good am I gonna be to ya? I ain't got no magic; I'm human fer the sake a' the gods!"

At that moment, Josiah Do'Rasnixthis, a dragon, landed ten yards away and folded his wings like a cape about his body.
"Ah, I'm here because of a Summons?" He held out the letter.
Headmaster Lawrence sighed deeply at Tyger's words. "Because unlike me you have the energy to do things without magic, I have to use magic all the time to get from place to place, especially when my back is killing me." he complained before glancing up away from the ground to see Josiah land. He took the letter. "You're at the right place however to qualify you have to battle against me." he said strongly. He was rather frail for an old man with a beard that ran down twice the size of his face.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Wed May 17, 2017 10:52 am

Josiah bowed in humble respect. "Honored Elder, I greet you in the manner befitting a human of your rank. I-"
He never saw the fist coming; it plowed into Josiah's face, knocking the "young" dragon back a pace. A boot pounded into his gut with all the force of a charging bull. Josiah saw it was the muscular human attacking him and bolted into the sky with a whoosh of wings.
"He said I had to combat him!" Josiah coughed.
Tyger Dallas just smiled. "Yeah... And he told me I'm here because his back is out of sorts this morning, lizard."
Josiah's breath was now a fiery wreath about his face. "Lizard" was a classic insult to a dragon, much like the human n-word. In his outrage, he didn't see the rock zooming straight at him; Josiah felt it, though. He felt it in the nards.
The wind kicked out of him, Josiah fell thirty feet to the surf.
"P***y. Ijit lizard can't even take a hit." Tyger had hoped for more, but he had NOT expected the lightning bolt, nor the little balls of pure force that followed.
Josiah stood, waist deep in the surf, his tail protecting his insulted masculinity, his hands outstretched, vibrating with a power he'd been told he should never have possessed. His breath was a storm now, crackling and thundering.
Tyger crooked his finger. Josiah's eyes blazed; this human had just signaled Josiah's mother was a harlot. He fired a beam of flames at the human to get him off-balance, then leaped into the air and landed inches from Tyger's boot in a three-point stance. It would have been a stupid move had his fast not landed first. It would have been a colossal mistake if that move had not triggered the incredible shock wave that threw Tyger back like a leaf on the wind. 
Professor Dallas looked up at Lawrence's beard from his prone position at the elder man's feet, where he'd been thrown by the blast.
"I want him in my classroom, Sir."
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Wed May 17, 2017 2:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Josiah bowed in humble respect. "Honored Elder, I greet you in the manner befitting a human of your rank. I-"
He never saw the fist coming; it plowed into Josiah's face, knocking the "young" dragon back a pace. A boot pounded into his gut with all the force of a charging bull. Josiah saw it was the muscular human attacking him and bolted into the sky with a whoosh of wings.
"He said I had to combat him!" Josiah coughed.
Tyger Dallas just smiled. "Yeah... And he told me I'm here because his back is out of sorts this morning, lizard."
Josiah's breath was now a fiery wreath about his face. "Lizard" was a classic insult to a dragon, much like the human n-word. In his outrage, he didn't see the rock zooming straight at him; Josiah felt it, though. He felt it in the nards.
The wind kicked out of him, Josiah fell thirty feet to the surf.
"P***y. Ijit lizard can't even take a hit." Tyger had hoped for more, but he had NOT expected the lightning bolt, nor the little balls of pure force that followed.
Josiah stood, waist deep in the surf, his tail protecting his insulted masculinity, his hands outstretched, vibrating with a power he'd been told he should never have possessed. His breath was a storm now, crackling and thundering.
Tyger crooked his finger. Josiah's eyes blazed; this human had just signaled Josiah's mother was a harlot. He fired a beam of flames at the human to get him off-balance, then leaped into the air and landed inches from Tyger's boot in a three-point stance. It would have been a stupid move had his fast not landed first. It would have been a colossal mistake if that move had not triggered the incredible shock wave that threw Tyger back like a leaf on the wind. 
Professor Dallas looked up at Lawrence's beard from his prone position at the elder man's feet, where he'd been thrown by the blast.
"I want him in my classroom, Sir."
Lawrence sighed deeply. "Dallas, go to your gym before you make this young man think he's not welcome here. You do not call a dragon "lizard" unless you want to be fried by their fire breath. Go NOW!" he said to the teacher. Josiah could feel that the headmaster had resepect and hadn't wanted Dallas to take part in the test to see if Josiah was worth being here. It was supposed to had been him. "Go, I can teleport, remember?!" he shouted.

Laughing came from close by. "Oh Draget, you have much to learn to get in this school." a female voice came from a fallen tree close by. A purple and blue fox with 6 tails emerged - a kitsune.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 pm

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. DON'T FORGET YOUR TEA AGAIN!!" Prof. Dallas walked through the school grounds, smiling. That had been fun.

Josiah stood to his full 7' of height and asked, "And what have I missed, Trickster-fox? The fact the human is a pata'q?! Or the fact the Elder is about to hand me my own pasra'q on a platter?"
He looked to the elder humanoid. "Elder, I ask your forgiveness, but you have seen what I know; am I accepted, or do I fly home in disgrace?"
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Wed May 17, 2017 10:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Yeah, yeah, yeah. DON'T FORGET YOUR TEA AGAIN!!" Prof. Dallas walked through the school grounds, smiling. That had been fun.

Josiah stood to his full 7' of height and asked, "And what have I missed, Trickster-fox? The fact the human is a pata'q?! Or the fact the Elder is about to hand me my own pasra'q on a platter?"
He looked to the elder humanoid. "Elder, I ask your forgiveness, but you have seen what I know; am I accepted, or do I fly home in disgrace?"
Lawrence laughed at Josiah. "No need to always call me Elder, I am human after all. Just call me Mr. Darkwood if you must. Yes, you are accepted however snarky there isn't yet, want to watch our duel?" he asked the young dragon.

Trixila let out a rude scoff. "Oh please, I'm better at magic than you are." she said to the headmaster.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Wed May 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Josiah bowed and backed away, knowing such were famous last words.
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Wed May 17, 2017 10:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Josiah bowed and backed away, knowing such were famous last words.
Lawrence then cracked his neck. "Knowing how overly-confident you are I have this win in the bag." he said and stood there defensively. Trixila chuckled and shot a fireball at him which was quickly blocked my Lawrence's force-field shield. He then teleported behind her and kicked her up into the air. Then fired a stunning bolt at her. It struck Trixila with a yelp and she fell down, completely paralyzed besides the fact she could still talk. "I think I should've redone my strategy a bit." she said. Lawrence wiped the dirt from his clothes and smirked.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 pm

"You think?" Josiah leaned against a palm tree.
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Wed May 17, 2017 11:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"You think?" Josiah leaned against a palm tree.
Lawrence chuckled. "Trixila Darksoul I assume?" he asked her.

After about 10 minutes the spell wore off and the kitsune stood. She nodded at the question. "Was I accepted?" she asked.

Lawrence placed his old wrinkled hand against his chin. "I guess so, but I have to warn the teachers about you attitude. Speaking of teachers there's one who's excited to meet you both. See that mountain over there?" he asked, pointing to a mountain very far away.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Josiah nods. "Am I to fly or walk, Master Darkwood?"
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Wed May 17, 2017 11:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Josiah nods. "Am I to fly or walk, Master Darkwood?"
"You don't have to, I could easily teleport us all there, that is unless you'd two rather fly rather than getting there in one second flat." Lawrence explained.

"I'd rather teleport, I hate flying." Trixila complained.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Wed May 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Josiah joined them and accepted the teleport, neglecting to mention he distrusted teleportation magic.
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Wed May 17, 2017 11:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Josiah joined them and accepted the teleport, neglecting to mention he distrusted teleportation magic.
Lawrence made a hand motion and all three of them found themselves just a little ways away from where Tuhili was sleeping. But for now they couldn't tell the mountain was actually her.

Trixila fell onto her butt after the teleport happened. "Youch!" she exclaimed.

Lawrence chuckled. "You can walk from here, right?" he asked them both. "When you get to the mountain don't be surprised that it's a moving one, for the mountain is the teacher." he told them with a laugh. "Tuli! Wake up!" he called to her.

The mountain 100 yards ahead of them started moving and suddenly the large head of a dragon rose from it. It was a giant sleeping dragon.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Fri May 19, 2017 12:30 am

Josiah stared in horror, then dropped to his face, prostrating himself before Tuli. In Draconic, he cried out the FORMAL greeting demanded by Draconic Tradition.
::Great and Mighty Elder, your humble servant greets you with reverence and admiration.::

((I will use ::{Color=red}Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.:: for Draconic. ))
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Fri May 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Tuhilih glanced down at Josiah and gave a chuckle. "No need to bow before me young one, I require no respect given to me." she said, sitting up.

Trixila had been so scared she had hid herself as a bee flying around.

Lawrence smiled. "She was a teacher when I was a student here. She is 2000 years old." he told them.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Sat May 20, 2017 10:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tuhilih glanced down at Josiah and gave a chuckle. "No need to bow before me young one, I require no respect given to me." she said, sitting up.

Lawrence smiled. "She was a teacher when I was a student here. She is 2000 years old." he told them.
::But, Elders... I... DOES NO ONE HERE KNOW HOW TO ASSIGN HONOR?!::
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Sun May 21, 2017 11:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tuhilih glanced down at Josiah and gave a chuckle. "No need to bow before me young one, I require no respect given to me." she said, sitting up.

::But, Elders... I... DOES NO ONE HERE KNOW HOW TO ASSIGN HONOR?!::
Tuhili raised her head higher and flapped her wings, telling him to shut up.

Lawrence backed away a bit. "Easy Tuli." he said soothingly.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Thu May 25, 2017 11:07 am

Duly chastised, Josiah folded his wings about himself and tucked his tail.
"Apologies, Professor."
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Thu May 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Tuhili folded her wings down a bit. "You must be Josiah. Lawrence has been talking about you ever since he sent the letter. I am the professor of navigation and history." she told them.

"This is rather boring." Trixila stated licking her paws close by.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Fri May 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Tyger had finished his patrol of the grounds and had come to tell Tulia her rookery had been finished to her specifications when he heard Trixila's remark.
"I could fix that for you, Trixi; perhaps a few laps around the entire island would fix your attitude?"
Without waiting her reply, Tyger turned and genuflected to Tulia.
"Excelsus, I have word your rookery has been completed as you wished. It awaits you and your students."
To Headmaster Darkwood, Tyger inclined his head, "Hyongyang-san says she has prepared your afternoon tea. Your acupuncture therapy and massage also await your return."
Marching away, Tyger grumbled, "Show one piece of initiative to save the old man some grief and you're suddenly a messenger-boy."
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Fri May 26, 2017 11:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tyger had finished his patrol of the grounds and had come to tell Tulia her rookery had been finished to her specifications when he heard Trixila's remark.
"I could fix that for you, Trixi; perhaps a few laps around the entire island would fix your attitude?"
Without waiting her reply, Tyger turned and genuflected to Tulia.
"Excelsus, I have word your rookery has been completed as you wished. It awaits you and your students."
To Headmaster Darkwood, Tyger inclined his head, "Hyongyang-san says she has prepared your afternoon tea. Your acupuncture therapy and massage also await your return."
Marching away, Tyger grumbled, "Show one piece of initiative to save the old man some grief and you're suddenly a messenger-boy."
Headmaster Darkwood sighed deeply. "Tyger, how dare you embarrass me in front of the student, I'm not that OLD!" he shouted.

Trixila growled at him a bit.

Tuhili rolled her eyes and stood up, flapping her wings, stirring up more wind than a jet engine would.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyg3rW01f on Fri May 26, 2017 11:47 pm

"Shoot Hyongyang-san then; I just delivered the messages I was told to deliver by your house-mistress."
The gust of wind knocked him into a tree face-first. Tyger backed off the tree, one hand bracing himself against the wind as he crunched his nose back into place and wiped at the bleeding.
"You can stop with the wind gusts, please! Hyongyang-san doesn't care that you're still young! She cares (as do I) that your back hasn't been the same since you got hit by that Reflect spell eight years ago."
Blast it, Tyger thought. If this bleeding doesn't quit soon, I'm gonna hafta visit that creepy Asian house-mistress for healing!

Josiah unfurled his wings in a silent plea for Tuli to stop. ::He's been through enough? Please, Professors? For the sake of the great sun-serpent, he's injured!::
Tyg3rW01f
•{Dungeon Master}•
•{Dungeon Master}•

Back to top Go down

Post by SirenFlame on Fri May 26, 2017 11:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Shoot Hyongyang-san then; I just delivered the messages I was told to deliver by your house-mistress."
The gust of wind knocked him into a tree face-first. Tyger backed off the tree, one hand bracing himself against the wind as he crunched his nose back into place and wiped at the bleeding.
"You can stop with the wind gusts, please! Hyongyang-san doesn't care that you're still young! She cares (as do I) that your back hasn't been the same since you got hit by that Reflect spell eight years ago."
Blast it, Tyger thought. If this bleeding doesn't quit soon, I'm gonna hafta visit that creepy Asian house-mistress for healing!

Josiah unfurled his wings in a silent plea for Tuli to stop. ::He's been through enough? Please, Professors? For the sake of the great sun-serpent, he's injured!::
Tuhili stopped flapping her wings and the gusts of wind stopped. "Sorry, it's just I'm trying to take flight and you're too close." she said.

Meanwhile the Headmaster when the gust of wind happened had sort of vanished into thin air.

Trixila came over to Tyger. "Don't worry, I got a healing spell." she told him.

A heart is like glass
It can be broken
It can be cherished

SirenFlame
♧ Section Dominator ♧
♧ Section  Dominator ♧

Back to top Go down