View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starrnico and Nickyknack

Post by Starrnico on Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Theme: Woman sent back in time

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Starrnico and Nickyknack

Post by Starrnico on Thu May 31, 2018 6:57 pm

"Look, these were on the floor here." Cat said, showing him the pair that she had picked up. "Would they work for what you wanted?" 
~~~
Silvia chuckled softly and followed him to play the games and just have some fun for the evening. 
~~~
Keith chuckled and patted the stallion's neck "Yeah, he isn't much for standing around. Always moving, like a river. His name's Aibne, and he's the only other stallion we keep at my castle. We make deals to breed the mares with other stallions around here to keep the lines from getting too tight when we need to, though we sell quite a few of the foals and rent out a couple other stallions when a trade is wanted." He informed happily.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:14 am

"Yes, they'll work especially well. Enough to make one for you and me, great find Cat. " He said happily as he came to look closer at them. He rolled them over in her hands to see all sides. "Their shape is remarkable. They are tapered at both ends. " He observed aloud.
~☆~
Duncan chuckled at the slight ribbing his men gave him when they'd gathered around to watch their game. Silva had a fair amount of skill with this game.  "Aye! That may be, impotent welp!  But I don’t see ya stepping forward to play aginst lady Silva. Come Braden, let's see how you fair aginst the lass. " He said with levity. 

Braden grinned and retorted jokingly, "That be because I'm quite found of my height and thought you'd clobber me if I tried.....Being the big burly Lord that you are."  

That was met with a riot of laughter as Duncan straightened proudly and nodded. "Now see, he's wise beyond his years."  He winked to Silva and added, "But I'd not deprive her of besting you in this game as well. So set up and try your luck! 
~☆~
Keira smiled fondly and reached to comb her fingers through the stallions mane while Keith explained some of his business to her. She looked to her husband when he'd concluded, "He's as aptly named as he's beautiful. So what else shall you show me, husband? You can't keep a river damned, not when he's chopping at the bit." She said with a grin.

I am the damaged,  I am the relief.  Sometimes I'm people I never hope that I could be.  I take in whatever they turn out. What's  that going to make me now?  Don't you understand? I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. Yeah, I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion.
 ~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:01 am

Cat looked at the stones in her hand too and smiled "They are pretty, I'm glad you know how to make them into a pendant and that we can each have one to remember this place." 
~~~
Silvia chuckled softly at the banter between the males. She waited to see if he would start a game with her before joining in. 
~~~
Keith chuckled and looked around them "Well, we have the entire property to see, do you want to go to the river and see the mares and foals?"

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Sin smiled as he gently took the crystals and wrapped them in a cloth for safe keeping and handed them back to Cat. "It'll be our secret hiding in plain sight. At least until we tell the others, that is. " He mused with delight as he glanced around again. "Shall we push onwards or have our lunch here?" He asked. 
~☆~
With the jeering get more boisterous at Braden's obvious reluctance,  Ingram shouted,  " Quick! Someone check under his Kilt and see if he's wearing a swaddle. He's acting like a wee bairn! " 

"Maybe he needs to be changed!" Shouted another. 

"Aye?! Well you can kiss this arse, since you're all so interested aboot it! Ya, bevvy bawheid!" Braden said with humor as he stepped forward to take up a bean bag and smiled sweetly to Silva and said, " Apologies lassie." 

Duncan laughed heartily at that last retort. He shook his head and slapped his thigh as he laughed. 
~☆~
"Oh, Keith! I'd love too! " Keira said with exuberance and excitement.  She took up her reins and got ready to go again.

I am the damaged,  I am the relief.  Sometimes I'm people I never hope that I could be.  I take in whatever they turn out. What's  that going to make me now?  Don't you understand? I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. Yeah, I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion.
 ~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:59 pm

"I think have it here, together in our cavern." Cat said with a smile as she pocketed the stones. They could use just a couple of lights and put the others out for now to save them so they wouldn't be left in the dark down here. 
~~~
Silvia had no idea what those words meant, but she didn't think now was a good time to ask either. She smiled at the male and motioned to the game. "It's fine, do you want to go first?" She asked to change the subject.
~~~~
Keith smiled and settled back on his stallion, turning to lead her to the field the mares and foals were kept in most of the time. He knew it was safe to go there, since none of the mares were in heat and he had watchers over the herd. There were about 20 mares here, all but one with a foal at her side. The one without was an elder matron that liked to play the part of stallion for the herd. He had decided she was past the age of bearing young safely, so he let her guard the others out here. She seemed happy with the way things were to him, which was good since the only other thing he would do is put her in a different job if she was sad here. 

As they came closer, he gave a whistle, calling to the herd and smiling as the lead mare came over to them, almost prancing like a younger mare would at his call. "This is Rhona, our lead mare out here. She keeps watch over the mares with foals for us."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Sin smiled and followed Cat's example by extinguishing some of the lanterns as well. Once that was done, he spread out the blanket upon the floor so they could sit comfortably while they ate. "I'm glad we saved our lunch until after we found this cavern. "  He said as he  unwrapped the waxed cloth from around their food. 
~☆~
Braden shook his head and held the bean bags out for her. "Nay, bonnie lasses go first. Regardless of what you may hear, I'm a gentleman. " He said pleasantly, before he sent a look to Duncan who now had an eyebrow raised and his arms crossed.
~☆~
Keira smiled fondly of the proud mare as she came over to see Keith. "Hello Rhonda. You're doing a fine job with the mommies and little ones, aren't you?"  She said with a gentle tone to let the mare get used to her voice.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:28 pm

"So am I, it feels right to eat in here together." Cat said, helping him to get their meal out and sitting on the blanket near him. 
~~~
Silvia chuckled softly and nodded, taking the bag to start her turn. She wasn't surprised they could be gentlemen here, Duncan certainly could be
~~~
Keith dismounted and tied the stallion before going over to pet the mare. After a moment, he brought her over to meet Keira and let her pet her. "Now we can let you see the foals" He said when the mare wandered off.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:00 pm

As they ate together,  Sin thought about many things. And admitted out of the blue, "I'm so glad you all came here. Change is always scary, but sometimes it's brings only good with it. I'm happier then I've ever been. " 
~☆~
Braden watched as Silva took her turn. The jeering from his friends only getting rowdier the more holes in one she got. 

Duncan chuckled along with the good-natured banter. 
~☆~
Keira smiled softly and looked to all the foals as they played and were frolicking around.  "Oh, Keith.  This is wonderful! Thank you for bringing me here. She said as she got a handful of grass to feed one nearby.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Cat smiled at that and nodded. "You get new friends and we get a place to call home with you. Plus we get this cavern. Yep, all good so far." 
~~~
Silvia was glad she was doing so well when she hadn't thought she would. Beginner's luck was all she could think to call it.
~~
The mares knew Keith and his scent, so they soon trusted her and let her pet them or feed them as she wanted. This was one reason he kept his men out here with them, so they didn't become feral and distrust people. "Soon enough, they will trust you without me and you will be able to come out here whenever you want to play or pet them. Maybe even help me name the little ones." He said with a smile.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Sin nodded and enjoyed eating with Cat. He did kinda wonder what time it was getting to be. The only drawback to being in relative darkness in his book. "I think we should maybe start back after this. We are kinda at a halfway point. We have to account for how long the way back will take us." He reasoned aloud.  
~☆~
Braden slashed his hand to tell his friends to shut it as he took the bean bags handed him. "Well, you didn't get them all, bonnie lass. So I can still best ya!" He said with good spirits as he got ready for his turn. 
~☆~
"Oh, Keith, I'd love that very much. It is a special place and I could get lost here for hours on end. I adore babies of any species. Especially as they play and discover the world is for the first time." Keira said with radiant fondness.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Cat nodded and glanced around "Yeah, it's probably best to head back once we are done. We want our guardians to know we are alright." 
~~~
Silvia smiled and moved to Duncan's side to watch him play his turn "Give it your best shot." She would actually like to see him win, maybe just because the others placed him as the underdog.
~~~
Keith smiled, loving the sight of her being as happy as she was now. "'Tis a truly bonnie sight to see you glow with happiness like this." He said quietly

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:45 am

Sin nodded and said, "And not mad at us enough to not let us come back. " He said as he sipped some water and held it out to Cat, to see if she wanted some. 
~☆~
Duncan chuckled and whispered confidingly to Silvia, " He's a better shot then they'd let you believe. Especially since Braden is my best archer. They just give him a hard time because the lasses favor him." 

Braden concentrated on each shot as he angled the bean bags with the right trajectory to land them into the hole. He was making all the shots until a broadsword smacked him smartly on his arse and caused him to miss. "Ah! Ya dafty bastart! Ya ruined my shot!" He complained with a glare to the culprit.
~☆~
Keira blushed slightly as she brushed the stray hairs from her face as she said, " Thank you. It is good to feel this way....." She paused as she felt a tugging on her sleeve as a foal she hadn't seen nibbled on the lace. "Oh! No, no, little one. Nothing to eat there. Here, try this instead." She said with pearls of laughter to the mischievous youngster, as she offered it the tender guess in her free hand.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:29 am

Cat took the water to take a sip with a smile. "Thank you." Cat nodded  "We don't want to not be allowed back to our cavern. 
~~~
Silvia smiled and leaned close to him, watching Braden take his turn. She looked to the one that had hit Braden with a frown. She didn't say anything though, letting them work it out.
~~~~
Keith chuckled at the curious foal. "Making friends already." He said with a smile. " What do you think his name should be?"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:13 pm

"Definitely not. It's the prettiest place I've ever seen. It would be a shame to never gaze upon it again. Which my mum should be pleased.  She's been trying to find my currency for years." Sin said with a grin. 
~☆~
Duncan chuckled and whispered,  "It be in jest. Don't worry. They are good lads. " 

Braden waved off the culprit and went back to tossing bean bags. When iron was tallied, he'd just missed the one. Which was enough to win the game. 
~☆~
Keira smiled fondly to the male foal and asked, "What is his temperament? That should play a factor in naming,  shouldn't it?"

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:01 am

Cat frowned a little at that then shook her head and finished eating. His mom didn't sound like she acted like a parent, more like a grumpy guardian forced to watch the kids. 
~~~
Silvia clapped when he won, taking the loss well. She looked back to Duncan again and smiled "What shall we try next?"
~~~
"Aye, he's curious, obviously, he isn't afraid of hardly anything. Gives his dam quite the workout just keeping him safe with the other foals. Brave and playful and protective of the younger foals." Keith said with a smile. "I plan to keep him."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyknack Yesterday at 4:15 am

Sin finished off the last of his lunch and started getting ready to head back with Cat. He was reluctant to leave this wonderful cavern and head back to the world above them, but he knew they both had to."Ready? " He asked. 
~☆~
Duncan looked around and tried to decide. But then remembered his manners, " Naw, lass. I chose this game ya have to choose the next. I'll not be boring ya with all my entertainments. " He said courteously.
~☆~
Keira stroked the foals velvet nose as she thought of a name that fit him. She finally smiled and said wistfully, "Gearoid, it means breath with a spear or perhaps Locrcan. He'll be a brave warrior and quite the stallion. What do you think? " She asked as she turned to look to Keith.

~ Rob Thomas ~
nickyknack
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Yesterday at 7:18 am

Cat finished her meal and helped to clean up then looked to him again "I am ready" She said with a last look around them. 
~~~
Silvia chuckled softly and would go to another of the games to try it out.
~~~
"Those are wonderful names." Keith said with a smile. "I like Lorcan, it suits him."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content