Forum Reviews!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum Reviews!

Post by Storytellers CAN on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Legends Lore Fantasy & More

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]First Impressions[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]General Forum Appearance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Forum Activity[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Staff & Usergroups[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Forum Originality[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Forum Layout & Organization[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Grammar & Spelling[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Conclusions

• Your banner looks fantastic and relates to your theme perfectly. The font used is similar, resembling some of the medieval and fantasy aspects of your forum.  The image is very clear and crisp, instantly grabbing my attention.  It is bright, but still doesn't hurt your eyes.  The scrolling text is a pleasant addition and supports the welcoming impression.  The paragraph below this is equally cheerful, and is very friendly for new members and guests.  However, I personally believe that it takes up a little too much space.  This could be fixed by making the font slightly smaller and/or shortening the spacing.  The colours used throughout the forum really aid this too, and everything goes with black.  Great choice with this colour.  It relates to your theme and a slight 'mystical' aura is achieved.  I personally think that green and blue and good choices for text to balance out the light and the dark, but they aren't bright enough to hurt the eyes.
    Your activity is greatm with 139 members and over 100,000 messages.  That is a great achievement, so congratulations there.  Your usergroups total is suited to your RP theme, and I like the diversity that is shown with them.  I can't access the usergroup definitions, but some of them would need detailed descriptions to show what they specialize in.  You staff members are also active, which is very important for a forum and the member-to-staff relationship.
    I love your originality.  Your blue cursor is a really nice touch, and sets your forum apart from everything else.  Furthermore, when you hover over a hyperlink, it's great that it is highlighted.  All these little quirks define your forum and make it seem special.
    Your layout is very nice, and I personally like the set-up of your widgets to the right and how many you have.  Listing what your staff members actually do in the widget is commendable, allowing members to quickly access who they may need to contact for a certain reason.  The tabs at the top of your forum listings is another little quirk that I love.  All of these little quirks together create a very solid layout.  However, I think that interchanging the order of the widgets could help with the priority of the members.  I'd suggest moving latest topics and posters to the top (the votes section would be fine remaining above them), and moving your affliates to the bottom (above your arenas though).  Other than this, your forum, including your grammar and spelling, is very exceptional.

Forum Strengths

• Activity
  • Originality and features
  • Appearance

Forum Weaknesses

• Order of Widgets
  • Size and spacing of text

Average Review Score:9.43

Last edited by Storytellers CAN on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)
Gold Pieces: 9gp 79sp 90cp

http://www.legendsroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Reviews!

Post by Storytellers CAN on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]First Impressions[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]General Forum Appearance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Forum Activity[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Staff & Usergroups[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Forum Originality[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Forum Layout & Organization[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Grammar & Spelling[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Conclusions

• Fantasy. That would be my very first impression as I entered your forum. Your forum banner could simply intrigue even the people who do not know what your forum is all about except for one thing, and again, that is fantasy. Though, I would suggest re-sizing your banner for a better view (my personal taste though). Moving to the general appearance of the forum, I liked the fact that you chose a dark theme, which would really contribute to the overall theme of your forum. The texts, as well as the colors, kind of complement with one another. They also contribute to the easy reading of your contents. As for the forum and post buttons, there are buttons that feels like they don't belong to one another. Say for example, your M. Quote, Quote, and Alert(Report) Buttons, though having the same font, appear to be separated from your overall forum theme. For your forum activity, I can say that your members have recent visits on your forum (from the time of writing this). Looking at your memberlist, you have regular members having 800+ posts, which I would say that you have good forum activity going on. Since your forum is about Roleplay and Gaming, it is expected that these members would be active, given that the administrators of the forum is "THAT" creative to provide worthy and enjoyable activities. Next, in your Staff and Usergroups, I can see that there are 10 usergroups, and also they are conveyed at the Legend Staff's List widget of your forum. The number of your groups is understandable, given that your forum is RPG-based. Your forum originality, I'd say, is a bit of unique. My reason for that is because I have seen a lot of RPG-based forums, and they all have the same way of running it. Nonetheless, creativity will bring out a forum from commonalities. The forum layout and organization, overall, is great. Personally, in my taste, I would prefer having the texts for your forums be left-aligned, and that only necessary texts must be put to bold, but it's up to you. Grammatically, I can't find major errors, so it is great. However, omit the apostrophe in RPG's and RP's, as it would denote possession, which I believe you really do not intend so.

Forum Strengths

• Forum Activity
  • Forum Appearance
  • Ranks
  • Hp/ EXP bars at the profile field
  • Intelligent use of widgets

Forum Weaknesses

• Banner Size
  • Forum Buttons (M. Quote, Quote, Report, Lock Post for New Reports)

Average Review Score: 8.14 / 10

Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Storytellers CAN on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:48 am

Conclusions

• While looking at your forum, I noticed that the background grabs a user's attention. I've never been really interested in role play but I do think it is a large community to serve. I want to give you props for the layout of your forum. It is easy to find things because it is categorized. However, the widget 'Sister Sites' seems to have the words and images cut off. I would recommend fixing those as it will make the board look a bit more professional. The locked forum icon you are using is not matching the others and in my opinion it should be. As for the activity of your forum it looks great that you have members and they are posting. Your staff are active which gives a good vibe to your board. I joined and not more than 20 minutes later I got mentioned in a topic welcoming me to the forum. To me this shows you have attentive staff as well. I did not see any grammar or spelling errors on your forum. In conclusion, I liked your forum alot.

I would like to recommend this board for people who like to role play. The caring staff and user friendly atmosphere make it a great place to be at.

Forum Strengths

• User Activity
  • Great Staff
  • Popular Subject
  • Easy Navigation

Forum Weaknesses

• Cut off images
  • No clear specification of administration

Average Review Score: 8.57

Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Storytellers CAN on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:46 pm

[list=linenums]
[*]
[*]Legends, Lore, Fantasy, and More

[*]

[*]

• You're forum's a very successful eye-catcher, thanks to the amazing banner that completely captures the forum's subject and ideas.  It relates to your forum beautifully, and will impress a guest instantly.  This is pleasantly aided by the greetings message below it, which gives a guest basic knowledge of the forum and there is also no need for a pop-up message with that detailed paragraph.  A new member or guest can't help but feel welcomed and this allows for an instant connection to be made.  The only suggestion I have is that you may like to downsize the banner a bit.  That's just my personal opinion, so do what you would like. Smile

[*]

[*]

• Your forum appearance is quite spectacular.  Black is perfect as the background colour, and it allows so many different colours to compliment it.  No colours really conflict, so vision is easy.  Most images relate to the forum's subject really well, but I'm slightly confused by the statistics image at the bottom of the main forum page.  Otherwise, everything else seems to have been thoroughly planned out, including the forum icons.

[*]

[*]

• Your forum has a nice amount of members, posts and your members seem to be logging in regularly.  However, recent posts are quite spread out, and there isn't much actual posting activity as of late.  You do have a fan-base, so I'd suggest general advertising, gaining more affiliates and promoting your website on other forums.  This will be beneficial in gaining new members and bringing some older ones back.

[*]

[*]

• Your staff seem to have created a strong presence in your forum community, and also remain active.  This is very important, so good job here.  You have a large range of usergroups, which is good for a RP forum.  However, I cannot access the usergroup descriptions as I'm not a member.

[*]

[*]

• As an RP forum, you may find it hard to be an original forum.  However, you are quite successful in making your forum stand out.  The forum is really organised and seems quite modern.  There are many small features that make your forum 'yours,' including your mouse and some of the unique names you use.  The forum is different from a lot of others, which is necessary for an RP forum.  Great job.

[*]

[*]

• Your forum is very organised and navigation is really easy.  The forum tabs feature is very useful for members who may not need a certain section.  The main page is filled out quite well, and there isn't much space that is left empty.  The widgets are pivotal in this, and the widgets that you do offer are unique and relate to the forum.  Everything seems thoroughly planned out, and it pays off well.

[*]

[*]

• The only error I could find was the misspelling of 'Legends' (spelt Lengends) in the opening post of the "Welcome to Legends" forum.

[*]

[*]
Average Review Score: 9.29

[*]

[/list]

Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡