The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

A raven's feather. A mysterious warning. Missing food, articles of clothing, money, and a few objects of value. What does this mean? You have been targeted by the Cloak. Be prepared to be stolen from for the rest of your life, or change your ways for the better. 

The Cloak is a guild of thieves, spies, and artisans dedicated to equality for all. This expansive guild steals from the cruel wealthy and gives to the deserving poor; a tradition passed down and improved on for generations. They choose their targets with care, and the artisans alter all stolen items beyond recognition. At the head of the Cloak is the one and only Raven Hood, King of Thieves, the Hood of the Cloak. 

Yet the world is against them. Raven's "naughty list" grows longer than his "nice list" daily. The upper classes naturally don't appreciate the Cloak's deeds. The guards are constantly at their backs, but Raven always finds an escape. How long can this continue? With society as it stands against you, how can you survive? Where will you stand?

 THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY KNOWN TO CLOAK MEMBERS. It's a secret, that they should know.
Cloak Members Read This:
The Cloak base is comprised of two buildings and an underground system of tunnels. The buildings are open to the public. The smaller of the two is a shop to sell the altered goods. The larger one, the main base, is a tavern, inn, and orphanage all rolled into one. Tavern on the first floor. Inn on the next few floors (with lodging available for anyone who needs it), orphanage on the top few floors. On the second floor of the tavern/inn is a bookshelf. On this bookshelf is a collection of various scrolls and books, as well as one special book. The special book triggers a magic door to open behind the bookshelf, leading to a staircase and the secret part of the base where loot is stored, raids are planned, thieves live, etc. However, only someone who is part of the guild, can enter. For anyone who isn't part/doesn't know about it, the special book is just a book. For anyone who means harm to the guild, it will seem to burn them. And yes, Raven is still very uncomfortable around it and it still gives him the heebie jeebies, but he tolerates it for the most part.



Rules:
1. No OP, gming, autohitting, etc. Everyone wants to be powerful, but balance yourself. 
2. Romance is fine, but don't go into detail. Use timeskips for strong sexual content. (See Roleplay Guidelines)
3. To be honest, I don't care if you swear. But to keep with the Forum Rules, please only show the first letter of stronger swear words, followed by ***. 
4. Gore is fine, just don't go overboard with it. 
5. Decent bios; use complete sentences in at least appearance, personality, and history. No perfect bios. You have three chances. Use the bio skeleton.
6. Do your best to use proper grammar and spelling, and try to have detailed posts. Use "..." for talking, Italics for mental speech/thinking, and (...) for out of character. 
7. ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT TALK
8. No killing without permission. 
9. This is MEDIEVAL FANTASY. No modern clothes, weapons, etc. 
10. Try to even out the genders and roles. I doubt I'll get them perfectly even, but I will put more limits if we seem to be getting to many of one role (ie thieves). 
11. Put "Justice" in other section of the bio skeleton if you have read everything. 
12. YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED BEFORE YOU START RPING. 
13. Any questions, just ask. I prefer if you use the OOC, since there's a chance someone else might have a similar question, but you may use the chatbox or PM.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by Maela on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix spoiler, hopefully)
avatar
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 864
Likes : 6
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down


Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Silver176 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:11 am

Silver176 wrote:
Maela wrote:Raven smirked slightly, then looked over a report of last night's raid. A reasonable turnout for something he would rather not have needed to do. But it what's done is done.
After she was done Sapphire went over to Raven "How was the raid?'
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Posts : 14244
Join date : 2015-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:13 pm

(Sorry)

Raven glanced up and forced a smile. "Well enough," he replied. "More coins than goods, and everyone's back safely." He sipped at some tea, trying to put his mind at ease. It was done.
avatar
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 864
Likes : 6
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Silver176 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Sapphire nodded "Alright, I'm glad it went well." She turned to leave "I'll be in my room if you need me."
avatar
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Posts : 14244
Likes : 6
Join date : 2015-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Wed May 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Ebonee wrote:Ishtar watched him warily as he appeared to be figuring out something. Perhaps she has said too much. No, she had definitely said too much. And done too much by coming here. Hopefully she will be able to leave soon, and the old man will forget about her. Why do you keep pausing? She decided she is not going to leave the house, unless to gather supplies from Merek and jobs, for a year while everyone she has met forgets about her existence.

Ishtar was hesitant to enter his house, though hid it as best she could. Her nose crinkled at the thick stench that reminded her of something... she couldn't place it. It was like the forest, but covered in a thick layer of dust. She took half a step inside, propping the door open with a foot, while she scanned the interior for danger, despite already knowing there would be dangerous plants here. He had nightshade, after all, and most likely water hemlock as well. Bingo. "I merely assumed. You have incredible knowledge with plants, and their properties, so it was a possibility," She replied, her gaze once again returning to his face.
The old man could tell he had made her nervous, and frowned a bit, looking slightly crestfallen and guilty. "Did I startle you? I apologize. I tend to ponder on puzzles, be it man-made or man himself. Forgive me if I seem to be intruding..." He seemed to think for a bit, before a light bulb went off in his head. He smiled warmly. "Here -- as an apology gift, I will let you take an ounce of whatever plant you wish to take from here. They're labelled, so in the case you get confused or curious, I will be free to tell you..."

The place was packed with shelves -- shelves filled with containers that each had pristine dried or otherwise healthy floral examples.  They were all dutifully marked, the painted scriptures flaking lightly with age. The handwriting was neat -- loopy, but neat and resourceful. It was obvious a careful hand had tattooed the words onto the jars. The place itself was musty, but each part seemed to have a certain section, with health poultices and poisons separated. All of which, remained behind a counter that the man had appeared on the other side of, thanks to an old wooden gate that had seen better years, but was oiled and kept well with passionate care.
avatar
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Posts : 4400
Likes : 2
Join date : 2015-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Ebonee on Sat May 07, 2016 11:02 am

NightshadeTheFox wrote:
Ebonee wrote:Ishtar watched him warily as he appeared to be figuring out something. Perhaps she has said too much. No, she had definitely said too much. And done too much by coming here. Hopefully she will be able to leave soon, and the old man will forget about her. Why do you keep pausing? She decided she is not going to leave the house, unless to gather supplies from Merek and jobs, for a year while everyone she has met forgets about her existence.

Ishtar was hesitant to enter his house, though hid it as best she could. Her nose crinkled at the thick stench that reminded her of something... she couldn't place it. It was like the forest, but covered in a thick layer of dust. She took half a step inside, propping the door open with a foot, while she scanned the interior for danger, despite already knowing there would be dangerous plants here. He had nightshade, after all, and most likely water hemlock as well. Bingo. "I merely assumed. You have incredible knowledge with plants, and their properties, so it was a possibility," She replied, her gaze once again returning to his face.
The old man could tell he had made her nervous, and frowned a bit, looking slightly crestfallen and guilty. "Did I startle you? I apologize. I tend to ponder on puzzles, be it man-made or man himself. Forgive me if I seem to be intruding..." He seemed to think for a bit, before a light bulb went off in his head. He smiled warmly. "Here -- as an apology gift, I will let you take an ounce of whatever plant you wish to take from here. They're labelled, so in the case you get confused or curious, I will be free to tell you..."

The place was packed with shelves -- shelves filled with containers that each had pristine dried or otherwise healthy floral examples.  They were all dutifully marked, the painted scriptures flaking lightly with age. The handwriting was neat -- loopy, but neat and resourceful. It was obvious a careful hand had tattooed the words onto the jars. The place itself was musty, but each part seemed to have a certain section, with health poultices and poisons separated. All of which, remained behind a counter that the man had appeared on the other side of, thanks to an old wooden gate that had seen better years, but was oiled and kept well with passionate care.
A slight tilt of her head, as she tried to discern his expression. Is he sad? Perhaps. But something else, as well. But why? "Oh, no, I too enjoy puzzles," She replied quickly. Like your emotions. "You have not startled me." It was simply the situation she was uncomfortable with. He very much reminded her of a domestic dog; unwilling to displease people, and passionate about his hobbies. Intelligent, as well. She could tell this clearly, and was quite worried he would discover her secret, if he hadn't already.

Her eyes looped over the samples painstakingly labeled. She certainly wouldn't have the patience to look after mere plants so fastidiously. He clearly doesn't get out much. "That is quite alright, sir," She replied, quite startled at his offer. It would be a shame for her, who cared little for herbs, to take something so well cared for. "I would hate to be a bother."
avatar
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Posts : 2478
Likes : 2
Join date : 2014-06-17
Location : The closet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Tue May 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Ebonee wrote:
NightshadeTheFox wrote:
Ebonee wrote:Ishtar watched him warily as he appeared to be figuring out something. Perhaps she has said too much. No, she had definitely said too much. And done too much by coming here. Hopefully she will be able to leave soon, and the old man will forget about her. Why do you keep pausing? She decided she is not going to leave the house, unless to gather supplies from Merek and jobs, for a year while everyone she has met forgets about her existence.

Ishtar was hesitant to enter his house, though hid it as best she could. Her nose crinkled at the thick stench that reminded her of something... she couldn't place it. It was like the forest, but covered in a thick layer of dust. She took half a step inside, propping the door open with a foot, while she scanned the interior for danger, despite already knowing there would be dangerous plants here. He had nightshade, after all, and most likely water hemlock as well. Bingo. "I merely assumed. You have incredible knowledge with plants, and their properties, so it was a possibility," She replied, her gaze once again returning to his face.
The old man could tell he had made her nervous, and frowned a bit, looking slightly crestfallen and guilty. "Did I startle you? I apologize. I tend to ponder on puzzles, be it man-made or man himself. Forgive me if I seem to be intruding..." He seemed to think for a bit, before a light bulb went off in his head. He smiled warmly. "Here -- as an apology gift, I will let you take an ounce of whatever plant you wish to take from here. They're labelled, so in the case you get confused or curious, I will be free to tell you..."

The place was packed with shelves -- shelves filled with containers that each had pristine dried or otherwise healthy floral examples.  They were all dutifully marked, the painted scriptures flaking lightly with age. The handwriting was neat -- loopy, but neat and resourceful. It was obvious a careful hand had tattooed the words onto the jars. The place itself was musty, but each part seemed to have a certain section, with health poultices and poisons separated. All of which, remained behind a counter that the man had appeared on the other side of, thanks to an old wooden gate that had seen better years, but was oiled and kept well with passionate care.
A slight tilt of her head, as she tried to discern his expression. Is he sad? Perhaps. But something else, as well. But why? "Oh, no, I too enjoy puzzles," She replied quickly. Like your emotions. "You have not startled me." It was simply the situation she was uncomfortable with. He very much reminded her of a domestic dog; unwilling to displease people, and passionate about his hobbies. Intelligent, as well. She could tell this clearly, and was quite worried he would discover her secret, if he hadn't already.

Her eyes looped over the samples painstakingly labeled. She certainly wouldn't have the patience to look after mere plants so fastidiously. He clearly doesn't get out much. "That is quite alright, sir," She replied, quite startled at his offer. It would be a shame for her, who cared little for herbs, to take something so well cared for. "I would hate to be a bother."
He noted the tilt of her head -- was she thinking on something? Perhaps he had been too overbearing. He supposed this was why he was such a recluse. To some, he was insufferable. Her assurances said otherwise, and he seemed to relax a bit at them. He suddenly knew they had come to a common ground of some sort, each trying to decipher the other. The only difference was that he was open, and she closed off.

"Well, the offer is still up, if you ever need something." The elder apothecary said, closing up a final jar and setting it back on the shelf, adjusting it to his liking. He smiled, before he started chuckling. "You? A bother? Shouldn't I be being the bother? I am the one that dragged you here. To which, I thank you, young lady. This old man has not had a companion to talk to in some time. My day is a bit brighter, and I have probably kept you from your daily duties..."
avatar
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Posts : 4400
Likes : 2
Join date : 2015-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Ebonee on Wed May 11, 2016 5:07 pm

NightshadeTheFox wrote:
Ebonee wrote:
NightshadeTheFox wrote:
Ebonee wrote:Ishtar watched him warily as he appeared to be figuring out something. Perhaps she has said too much. No, she had definitely said too much. And done too much by coming here. Hopefully she will be able to leave soon, and the old man will forget about her. Why do you keep pausing? She decided she is not going to leave the house, unless to gather supplies from Merek and jobs, for a year while everyone she has met forgets about her existence.

Ishtar was hesitant to enter his house, though hid it as best she could. Her nose crinkled at the thick stench that reminded her of something... she couldn't place it. It was like the forest, but covered in a thick layer of dust. She took half a step inside, propping the door open with a foot, while she scanned the interior for danger, despite already knowing there would be dangerous plants here. He had nightshade, after all, and most likely water hemlock as well. Bingo. "I merely assumed. You have incredible knowledge with plants, and their properties, so it was a possibility," She replied, her gaze once again returning to his face.
The old man could tell he had made her nervous, and frowned a bit, looking slightly crestfallen and guilty. "Did I startle you? I apologize. I tend to ponder on puzzles, be it man-made or man himself. Forgive me if I seem to be intruding..." He seemed to think for a bit, before a light bulb went off in his head. He smiled warmly. "Here -- as an apology gift, I will let you take an ounce of whatever plant you wish to take from here. They're labelled, so in the case you get confused or curious, I will be free to tell you..."

The place was packed with shelves -- shelves filled with containers that each had pristine dried or otherwise healthy floral examples.  They were all dutifully marked, the painted scriptures flaking lightly with age. The handwriting was neat -- loopy, but neat and resourceful. It was obvious a careful hand had tattooed the words onto the jars. The place itself was musty, but each part seemed to have a certain section, with health poultices and poisons separated. All of which, remained behind a counter that the man had appeared on the other side of, thanks to an old wooden gate that had seen better years, but was oiled and kept well with passionate care.
A slight tilt of her head, as she tried to discern his expression. Is he sad? Perhaps. But something else, as well. But why? "Oh, no, I too enjoy puzzles," She replied quickly. Like your emotions. "You have not startled me." It was simply the situation she was uncomfortable with. He very much reminded her of a domestic dog; unwilling to displease people, and passionate about his hobbies. Intelligent, as well. She could tell this clearly, and was quite worried he would discover her secret, if he hadn't already.

Her eyes looped over the samples painstakingly labeled. She certainly wouldn't have the patience to look after mere plants so fastidiously. He clearly doesn't get out much. "That is quite alright, sir," She replied, quite startled at his offer. It would be a shame for her, who cared little for herbs, to take something so well cared for. "I would hate to be a bother."
He noted the tilt of her head -- was she thinking on something? Perhaps he had been too overbearing. He supposed this was why he was such a recluse. To some, he was insufferable. Her assurances said otherwise, and he seemed to relax a bit at them. He suddenly knew they had come to a common ground of some sort, each trying to decipher the other. The only difference was that he was open, and she closed off.

"Well, the offer is still up, if you ever need something." The elder apothecary said, closing up a final jar and setting it back on the shelf, adjusting it to his liking. He smiled, before he started chuckling. "You? A bother? Shouldn't I be being the bother? I am the one that dragged you here. To which, I thank you, young lady. This old man has not had a companion to talk to in some time. My day is a bit brighter, and I have probably kept you from your daily duties..."
Ishtar hadn't moved since they had arrived at his store, the door remaining propped open with her foot. She followed his every movement with her eyes, however, and her fingers twitched towards her waist when he made any sudden movements out of habit, rather than her worrying this man could genuinely be a threat. It was a rather bad habit though, as it made it clear to anyone observant enough that A. she had a nervous tick, or B. a concealed weapon she was so used to grabbing.

"You are very kind, sir," she replied absently, carefully watching his movements, with a subtle twitch of a finger. The young woman returned his smile with her usual emotionless-yet-somehow-also-intrigued mask she wore so often, as she answered, "We are similar in that regard, then. I too don't often have anyone to talk to." It is rare that she would speak to so many people and for so long in such a short space of time. It has kept her safe so far, and so many have figured out who she is lately. "It has been my pleasure to make your day slightly better, and you needn't worry; there is nothing I would rather do than be involved in an intelligent conversation. They seem so rare these days."
avatar
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Posts : 2478
Likes : 2
Join date : 2014-06-17
Location : The closet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Sat May 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Ebonee wrote:
NightshadeTheFox wrote:
Ebonee wrote:
NightshadeTheFox wrote:
The old man could tell he had made her nervous, and frowned a bit, looking slightly crestfallen and guilty. "Did I startle you? I apologize. I tend to ponder on puzzles, be it man-made or man himself. Forgive me if I seem to be intruding..." He seemed to think for a bit, before a light bulb went off in his head. He smiled warmly. "Here -- as an apology gift, I will let you take an ounce of whatever plant you wish to take from here. They're labelled, so in the case you get confused or curious, I will be free to tell you..."

The place was packed with shelves -- shelves filled with containers that each had pristine dried or otherwise healthy floral examples.  They were all dutifully marked, the painted scriptures flaking lightly with age. The handwriting was neat -- loopy, but neat and resourceful. It was obvious a careful hand had tattooed the words onto the jars. The place itself was musty, but each part seemed to have a certain section, with health poultices and poisons separated. All of which, remained behind a counter that the man had appeared on the other side of, thanks to an old wooden gate that had seen better years, but was oiled and kept well with passionate care.
A slight tilt of her head, as she tried to discern his expression. Is he sad? Perhaps. But something else, as well. But why? "Oh, no, I too enjoy puzzles," She replied quickly. Like your emotions. "You have not startled me." It was simply the situation she was uncomfortable with. He very much reminded her of a domestic dog; unwilling to displease people, and passionate about his hobbies. Intelligent, as well. She could tell this clearly, and was quite worried he would discover her secret, if he hadn't already.

Her eyes looped over the samples painstakingly labeled. She certainly wouldn't have the patience to look after mere plants so fastidiously. He clearly doesn't get out much. "That is quite alright, sir," She replied, quite startled at his offer. It would be a shame for her, who cared little for herbs, to take something so well cared for. "I would hate to be a bother."
He noted the tilt of her head -- was she thinking on something? Perhaps he had been too overbearing. He supposed this was why he was such a recluse. To some, he was insufferable. Her assurances said otherwise, and he seemed to relax a bit at them. He suddenly knew they had come to a common ground of some sort, each trying to decipher the other. The only difference was that he was open, and she closed off.

"Well, the offer is still up, if you ever need something." The elder apothecary said, closing up a final jar and setting it back on the shelf, adjusting it to his liking. He smiled, before he started chuckling. "You? A bother? Shouldn't I be being the bother? I am the one that dragged you here. To which, I thank you, young lady. This old man has not had a companion to talk to in some time. My day is a bit brighter, and I have probably kept you from your daily duties..."
Ishtar hadn't moved since they had arrived at his store, the door remaining propped open with her foot. She followed his every movement with her eyes, however, and her fingers twitched towards her waist when he made any sudden movements out of habit, rather than her worrying this man could genuinely be a threat. It was a rather bad habit though, as it made it clear to anyone observant enough that A. she had a nervous tick, or B. a concealed weapon she was so used to grabbing.

"You are very kind, sir," she replied absently, carefully watching his movements, with a subtle twitch of a finger. The young woman returned his smile with her usual emotionless-yet-somehow-also-intrigued mask she wore so often, as she answered, "We are similar in that regard, then. I too don't often have anyone to talk to." It is rare that she would speak to so many people and for so long in such a short space of time. It has kept her safe so far, and so many have figured out who she is lately. "It has been my pleasure to make your day slightly better, and you needn't worry; there is nothing I would rather do than be involved in an intelligent conversation. They seem so rare these days."
Darwyn chuckled, "Indeed. Not many people to pleasantly talk to these days. Most of them are busy trying to keep their heads above water in their own work, never having any time to enjoy life's pleasures much any more. Thankfully I happen to be the lucky few who's work is his passion, and every day I am able to work happily even in the winter of my age. My only regret is that I never married. Once I am gone, this place will not have an heir. It is a shame, but there is little I can do about it now. Now, I merely tend to what little I have left." As if to prove a point, he seemed to check over his stock after pulling out a piece of parchment. 

"Ah, do you need anything before you go, Fair Lady? My work today is done, and I have nothing much else to wander to. It'd be too dreary in here for a youth such as yourself to sit in 'til evening. Go enjoy the final rays of today's light, I say. Perhaps we may see each other on the road again, or perhaps not. You seem to be one of those reclusive types, but a fair lady nonetheless."
avatar
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Posts : 4400
Likes : 2
Join date : 2015-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Silver176 on Sat May 14, 2016 9:05 pm

Silver176 wrote:Sapphire nodded "Alright, I'm glad it went well." She turned to leave "I'll be in my room if you need me."
avatar
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Posts : 14244
Likes : 6
Join date : 2015-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Ebonee on Sun May 15, 2016 8:58 am

NightshadeTheFox wrote:
Ebonee wrote:
NightshadeTheFox wrote:
Ebonee wrote:
A slight tilt of her head, as she tried to discern his expression. Is he sad? Perhaps. But something else, as well. But why? "Oh, no, I too enjoy puzzles," She replied quickly. Like your emotions. "You have not startled me." It was simply the situation she was uncomfortable with. He very much reminded her of a domestic dog; unwilling to displease people, and passionate about his hobbies. Intelligent, as well. She could tell this clearly, and was quite worried he would discover her secret, if he hadn't already.

Her eyes looped over the samples painstakingly labeled. She certainly wouldn't have the patience to look after mere plants so fastidiously. He clearly doesn't get out much. "That is quite alright, sir," She replied, quite startled at his offer. It would be a shame for her, who cared little for herbs, to take something so well cared for. "I would hate to be a bother."
He noted the tilt of her head -- was she thinking on something? Perhaps he had been too overbearing. He supposed this was why he was such a recluse. To some, he was insufferable. Her assurances said otherwise, and he seemed to relax a bit at them. He suddenly knew they had come to a common ground of some sort, each trying to decipher the other. The only difference was that he was open, and she closed off.

"Well, the offer is still up, if you ever need something." The elder apothecary said, closing up a final jar and setting it back on the shelf, adjusting it to his liking. He smiled, before he started chuckling. "You? A bother? Shouldn't I be being the bother? I am the one that dragged you here. To which, I thank you, young lady. This old man has not had a companion to talk to in some time. My day is a bit brighter, and I have probably kept you from your daily duties..."
Ishtar hadn't moved since they had arrived at his store, the door remaining propped open with her foot. She followed his every movement with her eyes, however, and her fingers twitched towards her waist when he made any sudden movements out of habit, rather than her worrying this man could genuinely be a threat. It was a rather bad habit though, as it made it clear to anyone observant enough that A. she had a nervous tick, or B. a concealed weapon she was so used to grabbing.

"You are very kind, sir," she replied absently, carefully watching his movements, with a subtle twitch of a finger. The young woman returned his smile with her usual emotionless-yet-somehow-also-intrigued mask she wore so often, as she answered, "We are similar in that regard, then. I too don't often have anyone to talk to." It is rare that she would speak to so many people and for so long in such a short space of time. It has kept her safe so far, and so many have figured out who she is lately. "It has been my pleasure to make your day slightly better, and you needn't worry; there is nothing I would rather do than be involved in an intelligent conversation. They seem so rare these days."
Darwyn chuckled, "Indeed. Not many people to pleasantly talk to these days. Most of them are busy trying to keep their heads above water in their own work, never having any time to enjoy life's pleasures much any more. Thankfully I happen to be the lucky few who's work is his passion, and every day I am able to work happily even in the winter of my age. My only regret is that I never married. Once I am gone, this place will not have an heir. It is a shame, but there is little I can do about it now. Now, I merely tend to what little I have left." As if to prove a point, he seemed to check over his stock after pulling out a piece of parchment. 

"Ah, do you need anything before you go, Fair Lady? My work today is done, and I have nothing much else to wander to. It'd be too dreary in here for a youth such as yourself to sit in 'til evening. Go enjoy the final rays of today's light, I say. Perhaps we may see each other on the road again, or perhaps not. You seem to be one of those reclusive types, but a fair lady nonetheless."
"Likewise, my passion is also my job," A sly smile, nothing more than a slight upturning of her lips, but she uncovered nothing more of her work. "That is terribly tragic, sir," She replied, though the monotonous tone of voice showed no sympathy. "Perhaps you could sell it. I have no doubt that there are people with their eye on such a successful store." The woman herself kept her eye on his movements, following his reaching for the parchment with her gaze.

"There is nothing I desire, kind sir," She said. "Though I thank you for your offer. Likewise, should you require anything, I will be happy to oblige." She stole a quick glance outside, at the soft light that trickled in through the open door, before forcing a smile on her lips to flash at the old man. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Darwyn Brooker. I shall hope to see you again," A slight inclination of her head in farewell before she disappeared, letting the door shut behind her.

Ishtar paused for a breath when she exited, allowing the nervous energy she had welled up to escape in that one exhale. Shaking out her hands, she made her way home and headed straight to the training room beneath the house through one of the many secret passageways her father had adored so much. This particular one was one of the least well hidden ones, a simple button concealed beneath heavy curtains in the dusty old drawing room she never used. Most of the downstairs of the building was caked with dust; she kept it that way to keep up appearances should anyone find their way inside.

Weapons of all description lined the walls, and she plucked a gracefully arched sword. She ran her fingers along the silver blade, following the winding swirls carved into it, before beginning her routine. Should anyone see her, they may describe it as more of a carefully choreographed dance. Her movements were both graceful and treacherous, the blade now nothing more than an extension of her arm. She slashed at invisible opponents, urging all negative energy into her movements. She would spend hours doing this, until her energy recedes and she winds up on the floor, wiping invisible blood from her blade, from her hands, her face, her clothes, until it covers every surface, dripping from the ceiling and drowning her in its crimson glory.
avatar
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Posts : 2478
Likes : 2
Join date : 2014-06-17
Location : The closet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Storytellers CAN on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

Posts : 21952
Likes : 8
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : The Enchanted Forest

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)
Gold Pieces: 9gp 79sp 90cp

http://www.legendsroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Storytellers CAN on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:35 am

Storytellers CAN wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

Posts : 21952
Likes : 8
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : The Enchanted Forest

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)
Gold Pieces: 9gp 79sp 90cp

http://www.legendsroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum