The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

A raven's feather. A mysterious warning. Missing food, articles of clothing, money, and a few objects of value. What does this mean? You have been targeted by the Cloak. Be prepared to be stolen from for the rest of your life, or change your ways for the better. 

The Cloak is a guild of thieves, spies, and artisans dedicated to equality for all. This expansive guild steals from the cruel wealthy and gives to the deserving poor; a tradition passed down and improved on for generations. They choose their targets with care, and the artisans alter all stolen items beyond recognition. At the head of the Cloak is the one and only Raven Hood, King of Thieves, the Hood of the Cloak. 

Yet the world is against them. Raven's "naughty list" grows longer than his "nice list" daily. The upper classes naturally don't appreciate the Cloak's deeds. The guards are constantly at their backs, but Raven always finds an escape. How long can this continue? With society as it stands against you, how can you survive? Where will you stand?

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY KNOWN TO CLOAK MEMBERS. It's a secret, that they should know.
Cloak Members Read This:
The Cloak base is comprised of two buildings and an underground system of tunnels. The buildings are open to the public. The smaller of the two is a shop to sell the altered goods. The larger one, the main base, is a tavern, inn, and orphanage all rolled into one. Tavern on the first floor. Inn on the next few floors (with lodging available for anyone who needs it), orphanage on the top few floors. On the second floor of the tavern/inn is a bookshelf. On this bookshelf is a collection of various scrolls and books, as well as one special book. The special book triggers a magic door to open behind the bookshelf, leading to a staircase and the secret part of the base where loot is stored, raids are planned, thieves live, etc. However, only someone who is part of the guild, can enter. For anyone who isn't part/doesn't know about it, the special book is just a book. For anyone who means harm to the guild, it will seem to burn them. And yes, Raven is still very uncomfortable around it and it still gives him the heebie jeebies, but he tolerates it for the most part.

Rules:
1. No OP, gming, autohitting, etc. Everyone wants to be powerful, but balance yourself. 
2. Romance is fine, but don't go into detail. Use timeskips for strong sexual content. (See Roleplay Guidelines)
3. To be honest, I don't care if you swear. But to keep with the Forum Rules, please only show the first letter of stronger swear words, followed by ***. 
4. Gore is fine, just don't go overboard with it. 
5. Decent bios; use complete sentences in at least appearance, personality, and history. No perfect bios. You have three chances. Use the bio skeleton.
6. Do your best to use proper grammar and spelling, and try to have detailed posts. Use "..." for talking, Italics for mental speech/thinking, and (...) for out of character. 
7. ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT TALK
8. No killing without permission. 
9. This is MEDIEVAL FANTASY. No modern clothes, weapons, etc. 
10. Try to even out the genders and roles. I doubt I'll get them perfectly even, but I will put more limits if we seem to be getting to many of one role (ie thieves). 
11. Put "Justice" in other section of the bio skeleton if you have read everything. 
12. YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED BEFORE YOU START RPING. 
13. Any questions, just ask. I prefer if you use the OOC, since there's a chance someone else might have a similar question, but you may use the chatbox or PM.

Characters

Chat

Last edited by Maela on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix spoiler, hopefully)
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Ebonee on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:16 pm

"I try to not underestimate anyone," She replied, recalling when she did do so, and now wears a deep scar that hugs her left ribs to remind her not to do it again. This, along with the now scabbed slice on her cheek. "Wise... you must have very little enemies," of course, if he did, she knew the man wouldn't have lived this long. This, of course, means he wouldn't be able to defend himself should anyone wish to hurt him...

A knowing grin fluttered across her mouth briefly at his next statement, chasing away any rebellious thoughts. "Indeed." She could perhaps feel the same about the shadows that so lovingly caress her and hide her from view when she is on a job. They also show her anyone else that try to use the darkness to conceal themselves.

Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:39 pm

The man looked to the forest floor, his gaze swaying across the leaves before nodding, "A good idea to follow, then, Young Lady. If you underestimate those you communicate with, you might very well be swindled. Their are two enemies in this world you must watch out for, the man of physical combat and the man of words. Both of those titled are riddled with both allies and opponents, and you may very well be one of those title-bearers, Miss, being so young yet already on your toes so easily." He tapped his staff to the ground and sighed.

"My own youth has fled me. I no longer have the privilege of such power within my bones. All I have left is the mind. I must use it with care, must I not?" He looked back up at her, the friendly expression still etched in his crevasse'd face of years passed.
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The man looked to the forest floor, his gaze swaying across the leaves before nodding, "A good idea to follow, then, Young Lady. If you underestimate those you communicate with, you might very well be swindled. Their are two enemies in this world you must watch out for, the man of physical combat and the man of words. Both of those titled are riddled with both allies and opponents, and you may very well be one of those title-bearers, Miss, being so young yet already on your toes so easily." He tapped his staff to the ground and sighed.

"My own youth has fled me. I no longer have the privilege of such power within my bones. All I have left is the mind. I must use it with care, must I not?" He looked back up at her, the friendly expression still etched in his crevasse'd face of years passed.
"We have to protect ourselves in some way from those enemies, and may end up becoming one ourselves," The young woman's reply purposefully gave him little idea as to which one she was, and she preferred to keep it that way. "It is not age that matters; it is experience," She added after a moment's hesitation. She certainly believed her words to be true: you would hardly grow and improve mentally if you had not experienced hardship and challenges throughout your life.

"Of course you must," She replied to his next statement. "If you take care of the weapons at your disposal, they shall take care of you."  Unlike the man, Ishtar had less of a welcoming expression, and more of a distant, yet inquisitive one. It was clear the stranger fascinated her, but a few unconscious steps showed her agitation. The man was smart - she didn't want him to guess what she was.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The man looked to the forest floor, his gaze swaying across the leaves before nodding, "A good idea to follow, then, Young Lady. If you underestimate those you communicate with, you might very well be swindled. Their are two enemies in this world you must watch out for, the man of physical combat and the man of words. Both of those titled are riddled with both allies and opponents, and you may very well be one of those title-bearers, Miss, being so young yet already on your toes so easily." He tapped his staff to the ground and sighed.

"We have to protect ourselves in some way from those enemies, and may end up becoming one ourselves," The young woman's reply purposefully gave him little idea as to which one she was, and she preferred to keep it that way. "It is not age that matters; it is experience," She added after a moment's hesitation. She certainly believed her words to be true: you would hardly grow and improve mentally if you had not experienced hardship and challenges throughout your life.

"Of course you must," She replied to his next statement. "If you take care of the weapons at your disposal, they shall take care of you."  Unlike the man, Ishtar had less of a welcoming expression, and more of a distant, yet inquisitive one. It was clear the stranger fascinated her, but a few unconscious steps showed her agitation. The man was smart - she didn't want him to guess what she was.
The man's eyes flicked towards such movement, and questioned it. She was agitated, why? Her expression was cold yet curious at the same time. The agitation wasn't from impatience. Something else. It intrigued him, but he held his poker face. He began to turn, still smiling. "I must keep gathering, but I love a good conversation if you were to walk with me, though I'd understand if you wouldn't. You do not seem the type to easily trust. You could say I'm gathering my own weapons." He chuckled good-naturedly again, no foul intent in his mind.
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:34 pm

The man's eyes flicked towards such movement, and questioned it. She was agitated, why? Her expression was cold yet curious at the same time. The agitation wasn't from impatience. Something else. It intrigued him, but he held his poker face. He began to turn, still smiling. "I must keep gathering, but I love a good conversation if you were to walk with me, though I'd understand if you wouldn't. You do not seem the type to easily trust. You could say I'm gathering my own weapons." He chuckled good-naturedly again, no foul intent in his mind.
His question was extremely tempting, Ishtar had to admit. She also enjoys intriguing conversations occasionally, especially since she often goes days or weeks without talking to someone. These few days, however, she has been extremely social. Her vocal chords aren't familiar with such extensive use. I shouldn't accept. I shouldn't accept. She repeated this a few more times in her head, though her mind had already formed a decision.

Tugging her hood further down until her face was partly concealed in the darkness, she strode forward, urging herself to adopt the confident and graceful gait she so often used."It would be my pleasure," came her only reply as she neared him, and stopped a comfortable talking distance away.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:02 am

His question was extremely tempting, Ishtar had to admit. She also enjoys intriguing conversations occasionally, especially since she often goes days or weeks without talking to someone. These few days, however, she has been extremely social. Her vocal chords aren't familiar with such extensive use. I shouldn't accept. I shouldn't accept. She repeated this a few more times in her head, though her mind had already formed a decision.

Tugging her hood further down until her face was partly concealed in the darkness, she strode forward, urging herself to adopt the confident and graceful gait she so often used."It would be my pleasure," came her only reply as she neared him, and stopped a comfortable talking distance away.
The old man would walk, occasionally suddenly stopping on the path and turning his head towards a certain direction, always saying, "Hmm? They seem to be over that way..." And when he stepped off the beaten path, at first there seemed nothing of value, but after going through underbrush he'd find the patches of wild herb he'd been looking for, despite them remarkably not being visible from the forest road.

"So, Young Lady, might you give me a name? It doesn't have to be yours, as much as something I can call you other than Young Lady or Young Miss, unless you prefer me calling you that?" He chuckled, his walking stiff faithfully holding up his bent weight. "In a bribe, I'll give you mine. Darwyn Brooker, a pleasure."
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:49 am

She kept up easily, though remained a step behind the man. She watched him work with halfheartedly veiled wonder as he successfully found otherwise hidden plants that all looked the same to Ishtar.  She could recognize a few, mainly the poisonous ones, but the rest remained a mystery to her. She didn't follow when he strayed away from the path, staying where she was until he returned with yet another gently handled herb.

Her gaze flicked from his hands to his face for the first time in what seemed to be ages when he spoke. "You can call me Cythera, " she replied after a moment's consideration as she searched in the back of her mind for yet another alias. This one, like the last one she used, was derived from Venus, as was her real name. She enjoyed using them to see if anyone realized this. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Darwyn Brooker."
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:51 am

"The pleasure is mine, Miss Cythera. A wonderful name..." He folded yet another plant neatly into a small rag and placed it in his bag. Once he had finished gather what he needed he seemed to nod in satisfaction, having gathered quite a bit of the things he had found. "Do you mind if we turn and return to the village? I'll need to get these home so I can start working with them, and then I will stop bothering a young lady such as yourself." He chuckled again, tapping his walking stick twice to the ground.
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:41 am

Truly wonderful, she thought dryly, watching his skilled hands at work. "Not at all," she replied. She supposed it wouldn't hurt to discover where he lived; it might come in handy sometime. She fiddled with her fingers, as if pondering something. "If you don't mind my asking, how did you learn to recognise the different plants?"
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Raven sent a group of thieves to the dead nobleman's house, instructing them to be careful not to leave a trace. Of course, he would much rather go himself, but he had done quite a bit that day, and it was time to finally get that rest Sapphire and Sarah nagged him about.
Sapphire was glad he was finally getting some rest. She went to her room to give Raven some space and was reading a book.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Raven woke sometime later, when the sun was up and shining. Sarah had fixed his bandages and poultices, granting him permission to leave the infirmary. Of course the first thing he did was check on the previous night's mission, which had luckily gone off without a hitch despite his absence.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Sapphire was already up. She was eating breakfast in the tavern.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:34 pm

Aurora woke and got up, looking around for her maid then informing her guards that she wanted to go riding after breakfast today. She would find what answers she could before this day was over with. 

~~
Mark was in the tavern as he usually was for breakfast and to get whatever news might have come in through the night's activities. 

~~~
Alexis slept in a little later than usual, but would soon be up to sell off some other jewels so she could get some breakfast, glad for the latest hauls even with the assassin finding her the night before.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Raven strolled over to his throne, greeting those already in the tavern with a smile. The pain was nearly gone by now. He ordered his usual breakfast, then leaned back in his chair.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:45 pm

Sapphire smiled back at him before she finished up her breakfast. She was glad that he was getting better.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:21 am

Raven smirked slightly, then looked over a report of last night's raid. A reasonable turnout for something he would rather not have needed to do. But it what's done is done.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Aurora woke and got up, looking around for her maid then informing her guards that she wanted to go riding after breakfast today. She would find what answers she could before this day was over with. 
Vixen would be by Aurora's bedside with breakfast, expertly carrying the tray where the morning tea barely quivered in her step. When the tray was set down, she bowed herself away, setting herself in the corner of the room and did not make a sound, as if she wasn't there at all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Truly wonderful, she thought dryly, watching his skilled hands at work. "Not at all," she replied. She supposed it wouldn't hurt to discover where he lived; it might come in handy sometime. She fiddled with her fingers, as if pondering something. "If you don't mind my asking, how did you learn to recognise the different plants?"

The old man thought for a moment, his gaze cast far away in his musing, before he finally answered with a slight tilt to his head. "I use numerous way to tell plants apart. Ever since I was but a child, my father had taught me how to tell flora apart by sight, texture and even by scent, though the latter can be dangerous, depending on the plant. Take water hemlock, for example."

The man took his walking stick to the ground and began trailing a path back to the village, continuing with this outwards thoughts, "That vile little plant can sit itself in water and take over its surface like a parasite. The scent gets you dizzy and drowsy enough. Consuming it can make you sleep the sleep of the dead. Usually people come to me for hemlock when they don't have a bullet to put down an animal."
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:00 pm

"Thanks" Aurora said then ate what she could of the meal. Her apatite was not what it would normally be,  since she was nervous about what she might learn by going a different way in town. When she was done, she got up and went to the window,looking out at the land she could see. "Are you ready?" She asked softly. It wasn't apparent if she was talking to Vixen or her reflection.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:12 pm

"It is wise to teach a child the dangers of plants," Ishtar replied. "It would be truly tragic if one were to get themselves killed." Her tone of voice was more sarcastic than sympathetic, making it clear that, despite what she said, she doesn't truly believe her own words. In fact, it is almost like she is quoting words from another, and in a mocking way.

Ishtar nodded along politely, hardly paying attention to what he was saying. "Yes, yes," she murmured occasionally, as she followed the old man to his house. It took her a moment after he had finished speaking for her to fully process his words and she perked up almost immediately. "Yes, I have heard of that," She never used such humane poisons, always preferred the ones that left the victim in agony for a few hours before death took them. They usually deserved it. "You are the apothecary, yes?" She concluded, despite never having visited the place before; she would pay Merek to buy her anything she needed.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Raven smirked slightly, then looked over a report of last night's raid. A reasonable turnout for something he would rather not have needed to do. But it what's done is done.
After she was done Sapphire went over to Raven "How was the raid?'
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Thanks" Aurora said then ate what she could of the meal. Her apatite was not what it would normally be,  since she was nervous about what she might learn by going a different way in town. When she was done, she got up and went to the window,looking out at the land she could see. "Are you ready?" She asked softly. It wasn't apparent if she was talking to Vixen or her reflection.
Vixen bowed slightly, answering out of safety, "I follow you, M'Lady." The girl answered softly, but proudly as well. She looked at the unfinished plate and frowned softly in concern, wondering if it was okay for her to go out on a less than full stomach, "Are you... Sure you want nothing else, M'Lady?"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"It is wise to teach a child the dangers of plants," Ishtar replied. "It would be truly tragic if one were to get themselves killed." Her tone of voice was more sarcastic than sympathetic, making it clear that, despite what she said, she doesn't truly believe her own words. In fact, it is almost like she is quoting words from another, and in a mocking way.

Ishtar nodded along politely, hardly paying attention to what he was saying. "Yes, yes," she murmured occasionally, as she followed the old man to his house. It took her a moment after he had finished speaking for her to fully process his words and she perked up almost immediately. "Yes, I have heard of that," She never used such humane poisons, always preferred the ones that left the victim in agony for a few hours before death took them. They usually deserved it. "You are the apothecary, yes?" She concluded, despite never having visited the place before; she would pay Merek to buy her anything she needed.
The man paused and seemed to frown slightly as she used mocking words. Was she mocking him? His work? Or the understandable ignorance of others? The woman seemed both polite, but also condescending, as if the world had wronged her in some way. Perhaps it had, as she wouldn't be alone. He sighed happily as he opened the door to his herbal shop, inhaling the earthy scents with a nostalgic delight.

Her interest in poisons made him pause again, as well as her knowledge of water hemlock. Knowledge of poisons and also with a weapon, always jumpy... He had a hunch, but did not voice it. His olden gaze flicked towards her, as he chuckled slightly and nodded, "Yes, I am the apothecary. What, you've heard of me?" He chortled a bit more as he put his things away, setting them in flasks, vials, drawers among other things.
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Aurora nodded and looked to the window again "I am not hungry right now. I will bring coins to buy something if I get hungry later" She said then smiled a little. That would be a way to get to other sections of town if she timed it right. She would give it more thought. For now, she would start for the courtyard and the horses.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Aurora nodded and looked to the window again "I am not hungry right now. I will bring coins to buy something if I get hungry later" She said then smiled a little. That would be a way to get to other sections of town if she timed it right. She would give it more thought. For now, she would start for the courtyard and the horses.
Vixen simply followed diligently, saying nothing, keeping her back straight and poised as she followed behind Aurora, merely a shadow of the princess's elegance. She certainly did have to wonder why the Princess would take such an interest in lower class folk, when she was perfectly well-fed up with the other nobles. Perhaps there was something more... noble about it.
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Aurora nodded and looked to the window again "I am not hungry right now. I will bring coins to buy something if I get hungry later" She said then smiled a little. That would be a way to get to other sections of town if she timed it right. She would give it more thought. For now, she would start for the courtyard and the horses.
Vixen simply followed diligently, saying nothing, keeping her back straight and poised as she followed behind Aurora, merely a shadow of the princess's elegance. She certainly did have to wonder why the Princess would take such an interest in lower class folk, when she was perfectly well-fed up with the other nobles. Perhaps there was something more... noble about it.
Aurora let herself be helped onto her mare then waited for the others to be mounted so they could go on their ride. She would steer the entourage to the town after a brief ride in the meadows between the castle and the town.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:10 am

Ishtar watched him warily as he appeared to be figuring out something. Perhaps she has said too much. No, she had definitely said too much. And done too much by coming here. Hopefully she will be able to leave soon, and the old man will forget about her. Why do you keep pausing? She decided she is not going to leave the house, unless to gather supplies from Merek and jobs, for a year while everyone she has met forgets about her existence.

Ishtar was hesitant to enter his house, though hid it as best she could. Her nose crinkled at the thick stench that reminded her of something... she couldn't place it. It was like the forest, but covered in a thick layer of dust. She took half a step inside, propping the door open with a foot, while she scanned the interior for danger, despite already knowing there would be dangerous plants here. He had nightshade, after all, and most likely water hemlock as well. Bingo. "I merely assumed. You have incredible knowledge with plants, and their properties, so it was a possibility," She replied, her gaze once again returning to his face.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Raven smirked slightly, then looked over a report of last night's raid. A reasonable turnout for something he would rather not have needed to do. But it what's done is done.
After she was done Sapphire went over to Raven "How was the raid?'
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum