The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

A raven's feather. A mysterious warning. Missing food, articles of clothing, money, and a few objects of value. What does this mean? You have been targeted by the Cloak. Be prepared to be stolen from for the rest of your life, or change your ways for the better. 

The Cloak is a guild of thieves, spies, and artisans dedicated to equality for all. This expansive guild steals from the cruel wealthy and gives to the deserving poor; a tradition passed down and improved on for generations. They choose their targets with care, and the artisans alter all stolen items beyond recognition. At the head of the Cloak is the one and only Raven Hood, King of Thieves, the Hood of the Cloak. 

Yet the world is against them. Raven's "naughty list" grows longer than his "nice list" daily. The upper classes naturally don't appreciate the Cloak's deeds. The guards are constantly at their backs, but Raven always finds an escape. How long can this continue? With society as it stands against you, how can you survive? Where will you stand?

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY KNOWN TO CLOAK MEMBERS. It's a secret, that they should know.
Cloak Members Read This:
The Cloak base is comprised of two buildings and an underground system of tunnels. The buildings are open to the public. The smaller of the two is a shop to sell the altered goods. The larger one, the main base, is a tavern, inn, and orphanage all rolled into one. Tavern on the first floor. Inn on the next few floors (with lodging available for anyone who needs it), orphanage on the top few floors. On the second floor of the tavern/inn is a bookshelf. On this bookshelf is a collection of various scrolls and books, as well as one special book. The special book triggers a magic door to open behind the bookshelf, leading to a staircase and the secret part of the base where loot is stored, raids are planned, thieves live, etc. However, only someone who is part of the guild, can enter. For anyone who isn't part/doesn't know about it, the special book is just a book. For anyone who means harm to the guild, it will seem to burn them. And yes, Raven is still very uncomfortable around it and it still gives him the heebie jeebies, but he tolerates it for the most part.

Rules:
1. No OP, gming, autohitting, etc. Everyone wants to be powerful, but balance yourself. 
2. Romance is fine, but don't go into detail. Use timeskips for strong sexual content. (See Roleplay Guidelines)
3. To be honest, I don't care if you swear. But to keep with the Forum Rules, please only show the first letter of stronger swear words, followed by ***. 
4. Gore is fine, just don't go overboard with it. 
5. Decent bios; use complete sentences in at least appearance, personality, and history. No perfect bios. You have three chances. Use the bio skeleton.
6. Do your best to use proper grammar and spelling, and try to have detailed posts. Use "..." for talking, Italics for mental speech/thinking, and (...) for out of character. 
7. ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT TALK
8. No killing without permission. 
9. This is MEDIEVAL FANTASY. No modern clothes, weapons, etc. 
10. Try to even out the genders and roles. I doubt I'll get them perfectly even, but I will put more limits if we seem to be getting to many of one role (ie thieves). 
11. Put "Justice" in other section of the bio skeleton if you have read everything. 
12. YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED BEFORE YOU START RPING. 
13. Any questions, just ask. I prefer if you use the OOC, since there's a chance someone else might have a similar question, but you may use the chatbox or PM.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Maela on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix spoiler, hopefully)
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Starrnico on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oh, this girl was definitely testing Ishtar's patience. "You are clearly light on your feet and have skills at sneaking around. Use this to your advantage; listen in on conversations and find out information you can sell." Ishtar looked hee up and down. "Your height also means you will be able to hide in small places." That was something Ishtar herself had issues with. Being so tall, she had to rely on the darkness to conceal her.
"But how could I give that without everyone knowing what I do, which would get me killed?" Alexis asked, frowning at her and folding her arms "I am trying to live, not get myself killed off"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:12 am

"That is what blackmail is for, " Ishtar replied.  "If you find information important enough,  chances are they'd care more about that than having some kid arrested." To answer her other question, she paused for a moment to think. "Find someone you believe wants any possible information, though it's better to discover any disagreeable habits they have before hand, for blackmail." Gods,  she's been talking a lot the past few days; usually she go days without saying a word. Her voice wasn't used to such extensive use, and it was beginning to show. "You've been following me for what, two days? Surely you've discovered a bit of information about me."
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:42 am

"Who said anything about arrested? There's some dangerous people who don't care about how young you are, just what you know, and they don't want that information to get out." Alexis said, frowning again "You should get something to drink, honey tea works real good" She wasn't about to say what she had learned from following her around the city, that could easily get her killed, especially out here. She glanced around at an owl's hoot. She much preferred the city noises to country ones. Her gaze flashed back to Ishtar again, the woman had fascinated her by being able to do pretty much what she wanted to without fear.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:04 am

"Perhaps," She replied vaguely. "Though not if you tell them you have already let it slip. Ishtar her cocked an eye brow and tilted her head slightly, "Honey tea? It is rather too sweet for my tastes." She shook her head with a slight smile. "But I digress," Stalking towards the child, she knelt down until they were eye height. "Come on, enlighten me, what did you discover about me?"
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:56 am

Alexis wanted to move back away from her. She was too close, not that she had anywhere to go at this point.  "Um, that you are an assasin, and that you talk to that group in the tavern.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

"That's all you got?" She asked, expecting something juicier. Though, she's have to make sure this kid kept her mouth shut on what she did discover. "I'm disappointed." Ishtar straightened up, vaguely disappointed the kid was too young to flirt with. It sort of lessens the fun of threats. That, as well as blackmail.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:50 pm

Alex frowned then shrugged "You give to beggars, and live out here somewhere. you don't kill without reason, even if the reason is money. " She said,  continuing now that Ishtar had backed from her a little. "You are really goodat hiding in shadows and that guy you had watching the alley when you talked to the tavern man is not a killer." For some reason, she didn't want Istar disappointed in her.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:01 pm

The kid's reply elicited a smile from Ishtar. "There you go," she replied. "I hope I won't need to remind you that this information doesn't escape your lips." Despite how fun she found black mailing to be, she didn't particularly enjoy being blackmailed to. "Although you are correct in saying the man was not a killer, he was something arguably worse," she didn't particularly care if the girl understood this, nor does she have any desire to shed any  more light on the subject.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Alexis shrugged then nodded "I won't tell." Not that she currently had anyone to tell. She always had kept to herself as much as possible, though she had some connections for the stuff she stole.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:14 pm

"Good," she replied. "I'd hate to have to kill you," she continued nonchalantly. "As for the way out, it's that way," Ishtar pointed due East, almost the opposite way the kid was about to travel.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Alexis looked east then the way she had been going and back again. " I don't get turned around in the city." She said, perturbed about that.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:01 am

"That's great, kid," she muttered dryly. "But unless you want to die out here, I recommend going that way," she jerked her head towards the way she has motioned before. Glancing at the sky to estimate the time of day, she continued to herself, more as an after thought, "I have work to do."
(Anyone wish to hire an assassin? Razz )
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Alexis sighed then headed in the indicated direction to get back to her hideaway once more. She would crawl in and fall asleep as soon as she reached it

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Raven sent a group of thieves to the dead nobleman's house, instructing them to be careful not to leave a trace. Of course, he would much rather go himself, but he had done quite a bit that day, and it was time to finally get that rest Sapphire and Sarah nagged him about.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:50 am

The old man walked along the far side village path slowly, humming gaily as he went along towards the destination of the forest. The beaten and worn walking stick he had in his hand kept him steady and upright, his unseeing eye staring blankly downwards, his gazed half-closed in brooding thought.
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Ishtar returned to Merek's shop, sneaking in through the back and pressing a blade to his throat as he packed up. Thanks to the training she had been offering him, the young man managed to maneuver his way free and it was Ishtar who ended up at knife point.

Merek shrugged off her compliments, before passing her the arrows he knew she had come for. After explaining how their form had been improved slightly to the assassin, she left in the same manner she had come with little more than a "thank you." Merek didn't mind this, though. He kept telling himself he didn't mind being treated with such flippant disregard. He didn't mind only being needed because of his skills at weapon crafting. He didn't mind.

Ishtar made her way home slowly, enjoying the sights and sounds and smells of the town. Closer to the edge of the forest, she heard a distinct humming sound and, curiosity getting the better of her, followed the tune.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:38 pm

The man paid no attention to his follower. Whether he noticed her or not was unknown, holding disregard to his human surroundings as he Trekker into the forest. He kept digging into the ground with his staff, still humming that same nostalgic tune that one could never recall except that it used to be some form of nursery rhyme. After a while of this, he suddenly stopped and tilted his head slightly, before smiling and limping off the path, only to achingly kneel down at a bushel of plants, studying their vitality for a time.
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Ishtar traveled towards the repetitive tune like a sailer towards a siren's song until she discovered its source, whom she found examining something on the ground. She made a wide arc around him, far enough away that she could be concealed by the trees but close enough that she was able to see this stranger. And he would be able to see her were he to look up. Sensing he wasn't a threat, Ishtar soon grew bored and started her journey back home again.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:20 pm

"Leaving so soon, Madame?" The old man's voice was surprisingly vigor as he stood holding up a Fine example of Atropa Belladonna. "To follow an old man all he way out here, I was worried I would have to defend myself."
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Ishtar froze, a hand resting upon the rough bark of a tree. She hadn't travelled far before the old man had spoken, and frankly wished she had been more subtle in her stalking. Using the time to study him, her gaze was immediately drawn to the milky eye and she made a mental note of his quite literal blind spot in case she needed it later. "Curiosity got the better of me, is all," Ishtar replied, though didn't step out from the safety of the trees and tugged the hood over her head. "I pose no threat to you." Ishtar doubted this man would be able to defend himself for long, though still remained wary; underestimating a person got you killed.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:12 pm

He chuckled light heartedly, returning to cultivate the plants. They seemed to oddly away with his hands, and he harvested them masterfully, and surprisingly any that he chose to take seemed to effortlessly rid themselves from the earth, as if he was softly prompting them to. "Now why would an old man like me be an object of curiosity, Young Lady?"
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:26 pm

Ishtar couldn't help but admire the man's handiwork, and was momentarily distracted from replying immediately. She didn't expect most people to have such extraordinary fine motor control, and certainly not a man of his age. He may be a wise ally, should she require one.

Choosing to ignore his question on the grounds that she could think of nothing believable to reply with, she instead asked: "How did you know I was here?" Ishtar knew she wasn't perfect at sneaking around -- there were very few who are -- but she could manage to stay reasonably silent in the right conditions. Obviously these were the wrong conditions. Still, some constructive criticism never hurt anyone.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:11 pm

"Well, Young Lady, oftentimes you'll find that nature tries to make up for a man's misfortune," he replied to her while taking out a small pack. He retrieved a small piece of cloth and carefully folded the herb inside of it, cautious not to harm the petals too harshly before returning his one-eyed gaze back to her, welcoming and warm, "When he loses one good sense..."

He tapped the cheekbone right underneath the milky white eye, "He gains strength in another." He then tapped the hinge of his jaw, right below the ear. "Of course, even then it's not perfect, but during my youth I had grown adept at learning the many thing flora has to offer, including the sounds faded oak leaves and twigs make under the soft crunch of a boot."
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:32 am

Ishtar stiffened automatically, a hand shot towards a blade at her hip, when the man reached for the pack and produced something she didn't recognize immediately. It took her another moment to relax when she realized his harmless actions, though her hand didn't move from her side next to the dagger concealed amidst the fabric of her waistband.

"Fascinating," came her quite breathless reply, her eyes unconsciously flicking to his ear as if doing so could unlock its secrets.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by NightshadeTheFox on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:26 pm

He couldn't help but chuckle at her skittish actions, "Now, Miss, do you honestly think a man of my age could overpower you?" He smiled warmly, closing his eyes and shaking his head before opening them again. He had assumed she was carrying a concealed weapon now, and too, grew a bit wary, but mostly in just a slight shift of weight than anything. "I mean you no harm, nor anyone any harm, really. I don't fancy myself in such departments."

He chuckled slightly again at her answer, as if the thought of her intrigued eluded him. "When a person spends his life in a single setting, they learn the very earth they walk upon. Just as me, and just as you. It is not a prodigy skill, just one gained by decades of recognizing the tune."
NightshadeTheFox
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:16 pm

"I try to not underestimate anyone," She replied, recalling when she did do so, and now wears a deep scar that hugs her left ribs to remind her not to do it again. This, along with the now scabbed slice on her cheek. "Wise... you must have very little enemies," of course, if he did, she knew the man wouldn't have lived this long. This, of course, means he wouldn't be able to defend himself should anyone wish to hurt him...

A knowing grin fluttered across her mouth briefly at his next statement, chasing away any rebellious thoughts. "Indeed." She could perhaps feel the same about the shadows that so lovingly caress her and hide her from view when she is on a job. They also show her anyone else that try to use the darkness to conceal themselves.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum