The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

A raven's feather. A mysterious warning. Missing food, articles of clothing, money, and a few objects of value. What does this mean? You have been targeted by the Cloak. Be prepared to be stolen from for the rest of your life, or change your ways for the better. 

The Cloak is a guild of thieves, spies, and artisans dedicated to equality for all. This expansive guild steals from the cruel wealthy and gives to the deserving poor; a tradition passed down and improved on for generations. They choose their targets with care, and the artisans alter all stolen items beyond recognition. At the head of the Cloak is the one and only Raven Hood, King of Thieves, the Hood of the Cloak. 

Yet the world is against them. Raven's "naughty list" grows longer than his "nice list" daily. The upper classes naturally don't appreciate the Cloak's deeds. The guards are constantly at their backs, but Raven always finds an escape. How long can this continue? With society as it stands against you, how can you survive? Where will you stand?

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY KNOWN TO CLOAK MEMBERS. It's a secret, that they should know.
Cloak Members Read This:
The Cloak base is comprised of two buildings and an underground system of tunnels. The buildings are open to the public. The smaller of the two is a shop to sell the altered goods. The larger one, the main base, is a tavern, inn, and orphanage all rolled into one. Tavern on the first floor. Inn on the next few floors (with lodging available for anyone who needs it), orphanage on the top few floors. On the second floor of the tavern/inn is a bookshelf. On this bookshelf is a collection of various scrolls and books, as well as one special book. The special book triggers a magic door to open behind the bookshelf, leading to a staircase and the secret part of the base where loot is stored, raids are planned, thieves live, etc. However, only someone who is part of the guild, can enter. For anyone who isn't part/doesn't know about it, the special book is just a book. For anyone who means harm to the guild, it will seem to burn them. And yes, Raven is still very uncomfortable around it and it still gives him the heebie jeebies, but he tolerates it for the most part.

Rules:
1. No OP, gming, autohitting, etc. Everyone wants to be powerful, but balance yourself. 
2. Romance is fine, but don't go into detail. Use timeskips for strong sexual content. (See Roleplay Guidelines)
3. To be honest, I don't care if you swear. But to keep with the Forum Rules, please only show the first letter of stronger swear words, followed by ***. 
4. Gore is fine, just don't go overboard with it. 
5. Decent bios; use complete sentences in at least appearance, personality, and history. No perfect bios. You have three chances. Use the bio skeleton.
6. Do your best to use proper grammar and spelling, and try to have detailed posts. Use "..." for talking, Italics for mental speech/thinking, and (...) for out of character. 
7. ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT TALK
8. No killing without permission. 
9. This is MEDIEVAL FANTASY. No modern clothes, weapons, etc. 
10. Try to even out the genders and roles. I doubt I'll get them perfectly even, but I will put more limits if we seem to be getting to many of one role (ie thieves). 
11. Put "Justice" in other section of the bio skeleton if you have read everything. 
12. YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED BEFORE YOU START RPING. 
13. Any questions, just ask. I prefer if you use the OOC, since there's a chance someone else might have a similar question, but you may use the chatbox or PM.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Maela on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix spoiler, hopefully)
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Ebonee on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:16 pm

She flashed him a quick smile before giving him the location, which proved to be quite close to the inn. "I would recommend going in after the body is found, so that way you won't be seen as the murderer." She added, though wasn't sure why she should even care.

Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:01 am

Raven tilted his head to the side thoughtfully, then nodded, commiting the location to memory and connecting it to the name of the noble. A cruel, selfish man, unafraid to delve into business of questionable morality. Figures. "Well, that's that. Stay out of our way, and we'll stay out of yours," he said after a moment. "Unless for whatever reason we need each other's services." Highly doubtful, but still possible.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:38 am

"Of course," another flash of white teeth. "Call me sometime." By this she meant, of course, the wooden box nailed to a building in the poorest slums of the city decorated with a bloody kiss where clients can slip in jobs for her if they are not connected enough to contact her directly. This method also prevented just anyone to contact her, since many commoners couldn't write.

She tapped her lip, thoughtful for a moment. "I have a question for you now: why did you not have me arrested?" She asked, lowering her voice so only he would be able to hear.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Raven smirked slightly. "You should know by now the government and I aren't quite on speaking terms with one another," he replied. "Perhaps I could have left a tip of sorts. I assume you have quite a list of accomplishments, no doubt deserving punishment." He paused for a moment. "But I believe in second chances. You didn't kill me, which means you do have a heart hidden beneath that dark, slippery exterior."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:01 pm

"You have no idea," it came out as more of a purr, though the words were true. It disgusted her occasionally, but she didn't often allow herself to think of the moral boundaries she broke; she'd go insane if she did. That is, is she wasn't already. "A heart? Please, those old things get you killed." With this, her gaze flicked towards his dear body guard before returning to him, along with a knowing smile.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:21 am

Raven frowned, narrowing his eyes warningly once he saw her glance. "You are not to touch anyone under the Cloak's protection," he said in a threateningly soft voice. "I won't let it happen again." Then his expression smoothed to a more open, casual countenance. "Granted, caring for others could be seen as a weakness, but what's life without a little love?"
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Ishtar's expression changed immediately at his words, her mouth forming a hard line, the cold glint returning to her eyes, a subtle straightening of her spine... "I may have spared your life, but that in no way means you have some sort of control over me." Her voice was harsh as rock, as she glared down at him. "If I find you or a member of your cadre becomes a threat, I will not hesitate to put them down."

She gathered herself again and took a breath so she wouldn't claw his eyes out at the incredibly patronizing words. "I wouldn't know," was all she said, her voice remaining cold and distant.

Last edited by Ebonee on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:48 am

Raven stiffened, watching her as if watching a snake that might or might not strike. After a moment, he exhaled slowly. "You said you approve of our work," he said, changing the subject and offering a small smile that wasn't quite forced. "We could always use donations--food, clothing, coin, information."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:22 am

Ishtar didn't relax from her poised position and her eyes swept the room as if searching for danger. Of course, this whole tavern was dangerous; it was full of people who would defend such a powerful man in the blink of an eye. Some she suspected of eavesdropping on their conversation. She better mind her tongue from now on.

Raising an eyebrow, she thought about his request. It would mean she could gain the trust of the members, and perhaps gain herself sanctuary in the tavern and gave her closer access to whatever secrets it contained. Of course, these weren't a given. "What would be in it for me?" She asked carefully.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Raven flashed a grin. "You'd be doing some good for a change," he replied. "Isn't that enough of a reward?" Sensing that wouldn't be enough for her, he continued, "We could arrange for you to have indirect access to our spy reports. Free drinks while you're here. Anything more, we'll see."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:54 pm

"You give the filth of the world a second chance, whereas I don't believe they deserve one. Is that not good enough?" She replied, studying her nails as if he was of no interest to her. She peeked a glance up again. "We are the same, you and I," save for her previous statement, of course. She just had a more reliable method, but many of whom who hired her were the worst of them. 

"It seems fair enough," She said after a moment's pause. She pulled out a fair few coins from the heavy purse and tossed each, one by one, to Raven. "I will give you a portion of my salary, then, but the amount will depend on how much I receive. I'll also include any information I think you should know of." She resumed her scrutiny of her finger nails. "In return, I request your silence of my identity as well as asylum, should I need it, and anything else I seek, within reason." A smile whispered at the edges of her mouth. "The free drinks and your reports wouldn't go amiss, either."
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Raven gave her a strange look once she claimed they were the same, curious yet guarded. Life was precious to him, while death was her profession. He snapped out of his thoughts when she started tossing coins, catching all but the first, which he bent down to pick up. A reasonable amount. He flashed a smile and pocketed the money. "Fair enough," he replied.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Ishtar turned slightly, clearly aiming towards the door, though she hesitated enough in case he had more to say."Come out and play some time," she said before striding off, weaving through the tables and chairs before exiting. She absently tossed a coin to a beggar nearby and made her way home, completely lost in her thoughts.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Alex caught the coin, easily hiding it a way and making sure her disguise hadn't slipped. The woman hadn't seemed to be paying attention, but that could easily be a ruse. After she had moved a ways, she started to follow again.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:40 am

Ishtar made her usual route, following complex paths throughout the city and the same through the thick forest. This was clearly to through off any possible stalkers, though she had alternative means in case her other method should fail...
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:13 am

Alex was able to follow through the streets, but the woods were another story. She lost the trail then she got lost herself. After a while, she sat down and curled her legs under her as she leaned against a tree, looking around at the dark trees with fear.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Ishtar could hear the occasional whisper of footsteps, and circled back when these steps were no longer audible to check who it was. From them, she had decided they belonged to a small person, perhaps a child, judging by their light feet and short steps. Despite the thick shadows the trees cast, she tracked her stalker with little problem by the dappled light that sprinkled on the forest floor and finally reached them. "Did your mother never tell you not to wonder into the forest alone?" She knew she wouldn't be completely visible to the child, though couldn't resist adding a little more fear. She stepped forward until her face was illuminated, giving the child a chance to recognize her. "You might get lost."
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:22 pm

Alex jumped at the voice, standing as if to run before she saw who was speaking. When she did she shrugged a bit. "Not much my mother could tell me since she was dead." She said bravely, though she was still very scared.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:53 pm

"Well, luckily I am here to tell you in her stead," She answered, not bothering with fake declarations of sympathy. The girl didn't seem terribly concerned, so why should Ishtar be? It wasn't her loss. "I wouldn't recommend entering again unless you are sure you will be able to leave unscathed." A smirk flashed across her face momentarily. "There is no one about that would be able to hear cries for help, or at least ones that would be willing to come to the rescue."
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:39 pm

Alex glanced around herself again at that, fear showing through before she could hide it behind brave words again. "Wouldn't be all that many that would come to help even in the city, so its not all that different. Just don't know how to get around out here."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:11 pm

"Well you're in luck," another smile crossed her lips. Oh, how she enjoyed being in control. "I may be able to help you in that regard, but only if you stop following me"
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Alexis looked down to the ground at that. "But you are interesting." She said then sighed and nodded. "I guess I can quit following you. Not that anyone else ever wanted me to stay around them either." She said then turned to walk away.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Alexis looked down to the ground at that. "But you are interesting." She said then sighed and nodded. "I guess I can quit following you. Not that anyone else ever wanted me to stay around them either." She said then turned to walk away.
Ishtar sighed through her nose. "Children," she hissed softly, shaking her head. "I am sure it will not take you long to realize that most people only want to spend time with others if they receive something out of it," she said louder so the kid could hear, and cocked her head slightly. "Also, that direction will get you more lost."
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ishtar sighed through her nose. "Children," she hissed softly, shaking her head. "I am sure it will not take you long to realize that most people only want to spend time with others if they receive something out of it," she said louder so the kid could hear, and cocked her head slightly. "Also, that direction will get you more lost."
Alexis stopped and bit at her lip lightly. "Something like what?" She asked after a minute, turning to look at her again. "I don't have much of anything." She said, confused at her meaning. She was used to people wanting things from her, even the ones the costume fooled into thinking she was a boy.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:18 pm

Oh, this girl was definitely testing Ishtar's patience. "You are clearly light on your feet and have skills at sneaking around. Use this to your advantage; listen in on conversations and find out information you can sell." Ishtar looked hee up and down. "Your height also means you will be able to hide in small places." That was something Ishtar herself had issues with. Being so tall, she had to rely on the darkness to conceal her.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oh, this girl was definitely testing Ishtar's patience. "You are clearly light on your feet and have skills at sneaking around. Use this to your advantage; listen in on conversations and find out information you can sell." Ishtar looked hee up and down. "Your height also means you will be able to hide in small places." That was something Ishtar herself had issues with. Being so tall, she had to rely on the darkness to conceal her.
"But how could I give that without everyone knowing what I do, which would get me killed?" Alexis asked, frowning at her and folding her arms "I am trying to live, not get myself killed off"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum