The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

A raven's feather. A mysterious warning. Missing food, articles of clothing, money, and a few objects of value. What does this mean? You have been targeted by the Cloak. Be prepared to be stolen from for the rest of your life, or change your ways for the better. 

The Cloak is a guild of thieves, spies, and artisans dedicated to equality for all. This expansive guild steals from the cruel wealthy and gives to the deserving poor; a tradition passed down and improved on for generations. They choose their targets with care, and the artisans alter all stolen items beyond recognition. At the head of the Cloak is the one and only Raven Hood, King of Thieves, the Hood of the Cloak. 

Yet the world is against them. Raven's "naughty list" grows longer than his "nice list" daily. The upper classes naturally don't appreciate the Cloak's deeds. The guards are constantly at their backs, but Raven always finds an escape. How long can this continue? With society as it stands against you, how can you survive? Where will you stand?

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY KNOWN TO CLOAK MEMBERS. It's a secret, that they should know.
Cloak Members Read This:
The Cloak base is comprised of two buildings and an underground system of tunnels. The buildings are open to the public. The smaller of the two is a shop to sell the altered goods. The larger one, the main base, is a tavern, inn, and orphanage all rolled into one. Tavern on the first floor. Inn on the next few floors (with lodging available for anyone who needs it), orphanage on the top few floors. On the second floor of the tavern/inn is a bookshelf. On this bookshelf is a collection of various scrolls and books, as well as one special book. The special book triggers a magic door to open behind the bookshelf, leading to a staircase and the secret part of the base where loot is stored, raids are planned, thieves live, etc. However, only someone who is part of the guild, can enter. For anyone who isn't part/doesn't know about it, the special book is just a book. For anyone who means harm to the guild, it will seem to burn them. And yes, Raven is still very uncomfortable around it and it still gives him the heebie jeebies, but he tolerates it for the most part.

Rules:
1. No OP, gming, autohitting, etc. Everyone wants to be powerful, but balance yourself. 
2. Romance is fine, but don't go into detail. Use timeskips for strong sexual content. (See Roleplay Guidelines)
3. To be honest, I don't care if you swear. But to keep with the Forum Rules, please only show the first letter of stronger swear words, followed by ***. 
4. Gore is fine, just don't go overboard with it. 
5. Decent bios; use complete sentences in at least appearance, personality, and history. No perfect bios. You have three chances. Use the bio skeleton.
6. Do your best to use proper grammar and spelling, and try to have detailed posts. Use "..." for talking, Italics for mental speech/thinking, and (...) for out of character. 
7. ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT TALK
8. No killing without permission. 
9. This is MEDIEVAL FANTASY. No modern clothes, weapons, etc. 
10. Try to even out the genders and roles. I doubt I'll get them perfectly even, but I will put more limits if we seem to be getting to many of one role (ie thieves). 
11. Put "Justice" in other section of the bio skeleton if you have read everything. 
12. YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED BEFORE YOU START RPING. 
13. Any questions, just ask. I prefer if you use the OOC, since there's a chance someone else might have a similar question, but you may use the chatbox or PM.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Maela on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix spoiler, hopefully)
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Raven skidded to a stop once they reached the infirmary, letting go of the girl and gesturing to one of the beds. "Sarah--"

Sarah cursed under her breath and dropped the pestle, rising to her feet in one graceful motion and taking long swift steps towards them. She held out her hands, her expression worried and impatient. "Let me see him," she said, her voice surprisingly clear and steady.

Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Aurora entered the town and looked around at the people there as her guards drew closer around her. She was quiet as she rode, smiling and waving gently then pausing in the marketplace. In a gesture that was mostly seen as unnecessary and dangerous by some of her guards, she pulled out a few coins, tossing them to some beggars before moving on only to pause again and have one of her men bring a pretty scarf over for her to look at, since she wasn't allowed to dismount in town. She had always been told that was far too dangerous, though she didn't see why herself.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Maela wrote:Raven skidded to a stop once they reached the infirmary, letting go of the girl and gesturing to one of the beds. "Sarah--"

Sarah cursed under her breath and dropped the pestle, rising to her feet in one graceful motion and taking long swift steps towards them. She held out her hands, her expression worried and impatient. "Let me see him," she said, her voice surprisingly clear and steady.
Ila stumbled in but managed to keep her balanced before she fell. She took half a step backwards when this new woman strode towards her, hesitating a moment before slowly reaching out to hand her precious cargo to the healer with shaking hands.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:04 am

Sarah cradled the tiny baby in her arms, humming softly to soothe him. Her song faded quickly once she realized he wasn't responding. She felt for his pulse, any pulse, any sign of life. Barely a flutter. She closed her eyes and put a hand  lightly on his chest, seeking out what the problem was. The healer then walked swiftly across the room to the cabinet of herbs, keeping the baby balanced in one arm while searching with the other. Finding what she was looking for, she took both the baby and the herbal oil to a cradle, setting him down and spreading some of the strongly-scented oil on his chest. If they weren't too late, it would help. 
Sarah exhaled deeply and turned her attention back to the girl. "There is nothing to do but wait," she said softly. "Please, let me take a look at you, to be sure his illness hasn't spread."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:28 am

Maela wrote:Sarah cradled the tiny baby in her arms, humming softly to soothe him. Her song faded quickly once she realized he wasn't responding. She felt for his pulse, any pulse, any sign of life. Barely a flutter. She closed her eyes and put a hand  lightly on his chest, seeking out what the problem was. The healer then walked swiftly across the room to the cabinet of herbs, keeping the baby balanced in one arm while searching with the other. Finding what she was looking for, she took both the baby and the herbal oil to a cradle, setting him down and spreading some of the strongly-scented oil on his chest. If they weren't too late, it would help. 
Sarah exhaled deeply and turned her attention back to the girl. "There is nothing to do but wait," she said softly. "Please, let me take a look at you, to be sure his illness hasn't spread."
Ila followed every movement the healer made, stiffening when she produced the strange substance. She almost ran over to grab him when the woman began to spread the oil on her brother's chest, and had to remind herself that this was to help. It was more help than what Ila could offer, anyway. 
At Sarah's last comment, she took a step back, bumping into Raven and skittering away like a startled cat as if she forgot he was there. Ila then ducked behind him. It wasn't that she trusts him, rather he was just something to block her from the healer's view.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:38 am

Raven grunted as Ila ran into him, then helped steady her with a grim smile. "She is rather frightening, isn't she? I wouldn't let her come near me first time we met, but one day I was brought here unconscious and she nursed me back to health," he commented, glancing back at Sarah. "Been patching me up ever since. She's saved many lives, more than I can count." He sighed, looking at the baby sadly, then back to Ila. 

Sarah grimaced. "Wouldn't need to save so many if you didn't actively put yourselves at risk," she retorted, then looked back at the girl and smoothed her expression. "I only want to help." If she couldn't save the baby, she wanted to do whatever she could for the poor girl.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:49 am

Maela wrote:Raven grunted as Ila ran into him, then helped steady her with a grim smile. "She is rather frightening, isn't she? I wouldn't let her come near me first time we met, but one day I was brought here unconscious and she nursed me back to health," he commented, glancing back at Sarah. "Been patching me up ever since. She's saved many lives, more than I can count." He sighed, looking back at the baby sadly, then back to Ila gently. 

Sarah grimaced. "Wouldn't need to save so many if you didn't actively put yourselves at risk," she retorted, then looked back at the girl and smoothed her expression. "I only want to help." If she couldn't save the baby, she wanted to do whatever she could for the poor girl.
Ila glanced up at Raven when he spoke. She didn't laugh or smile at his words, her brow farrowing in confusion instead. "Why do you get hurt so much?"
Ila turned towards Sarah at her comments, looking back and forth between the two.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:59 am

Raven shrugged. "Roof-walking, fighting guards, getting caught and beaten by guards, escaping again, over-drinking, stopping brawls..." he listed, then smirked. "No one said being King of Thieves was easy."

Sarah sighed in exasperation. "No, but you could be more careful," she replied crossly, shaking her head as if dealing with an errant child. The healer turned her attention back to the girl. "Now, please. I won't do anything without your permission."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:10 am

Ila was silent for a moment in thought, her brow still drawn. Then, as if she decided on something, she opened her mouth but was interrupted by a round of coughing. She ended up walking over to the healer, with her head down to avoid sreing the sick infant.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:16 am

( Ila coughing or Damon?)

Sarah looked the girl up and down. Far too skinny to be healthy, but that would take time to fix. She sighed. "Take a few deep breaths. Let me hear your lungs." Sarah knelt down so she would be around the same height as the girl, to appear less intimidating and to hear better. 

Raven leaned back against the wall and watched them silently.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:30 am

(Oh, sorry. Ila)

Ila hesitated, now eye height with the healer. Previously, she would have ran away if someone came so close to her, to hide in the comfort of the alley with Damon. Damon... Ila turned to him and voiced her ultimate fear. "What if he never gets better?" Her voice was quiet, and broke midway through the sentence when tears been streaming down her checks again. This ultimately let her comply with Sarah's wishes as her breathing became heavier.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:47 am

Raven stepped forward to comfort the girl, but Sarah held up a hand to stop him. 

The healer sighed, her eyes full of sorrow and pain as she wrapped her arms around the girl. This served two purposes: to give the girl comfort and to feel what was wrong. "He will be beyond pain, beyond this corrupt world, in a better place," she murmured softly, lightly dabbing the girl's tears away with a clean handkerchief.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:56 am

Sapphire was leaning on the wall as she watched them. Hoping Sarah would be able to save the infant.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:06 am

Ila stiffened in response to the embrace, taking half a step back. "With momma," she replied, staring at her bare feet.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:13 am

Sarah smiled sadly, then rose to her feet, pressing the handkerchief into the girl's hand in case Ila needed it again. She rummaged in the cabinet for a moment, then made a cup of tea with special herbs. "Here, this will help you," she said, handing the girl the small mug. It smelled sweet, though earthy as well. It supply nutrients and fight against the start of the illness. Sarah sighed and went back to the baby, humming softly once more.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:30 am

Ila studied the handkerchief, quite amused by it. She balled it up and opened it out again repeatedly, but forgot about it when Sarah returned with the beverage. Her eyes lit up like a child on Christmas and reached out for the drink, breathing in the sweet scented fumes. She didn't bother with sips - she drank the whole thing in one go.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 am

Sarah's lips twitched in a small smile, glad she had made the girl happy--at least temporarily. She turned her attention back to the baby, feeling for his pulse and silently praying that he would get better. Unfortunately, things still looked bleak. If only they had brought him sooner. 

Raven smiled sadly. "Hungry?" he asked the girl, belatedly remembering what his original purpose in finding her was. He offered one of the rolls, still vaguely warm.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:24 am

Sapphire  glanced at Raven before looking at the girl with a  smile "What's your name?" She was glad that the girl was happy at the moment.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Ila set the mug on the floor when it had been drained and started over towards her brother to check how he was getting on. She was about to ask, when Raven spoke up and produced the most beautiful thing she had seen in too long. Ila darted over to him and took the roll from his hands, devouring it like a wild animal. She left a bite and walked over to Damon with it, looking briefly at Sapphire. "Ila".
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:50 pm

Raven chuckled softly as she devoured the bread, then watched quietly as she walked over to her brother, fidgeting a bit nervously. What if they were too late? "It's nice to meet you," he offered kindly, then gestured to the two women." This is Sapphire and that's Sarah."

Sarah glanced over at the girl, noticing the piece of bread in her hand. "He won't be able to eat that," she said quietly. "Perhaps some water..."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Ila looked at each in turn, then dismissed this fact as insignificant for the moment. "I mush it up when I can't find water," she said, though the water she found was sometimes murky and tasted funny. She had learned the hard way that he can't eat solids, and had watched to see how others fed their babys
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Sarah smiled sadly. "That's a good start," she said gently, "though it might not always work." She left the baby's side to prepare an infusion that might help. A moment later, she returned with a small bottle and offered it to Ila. "Try giving him this. A few drops at a time."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:36 pm

"Why not?" She asked, her brows furrowing. She had thought she was doing everything right. She had assumed every baby went through a coughing phase. She certainly couldn't remember what she was like when she was a year old.
She took the bottle from Sarah,  though had to set it on the floor before picking up Damon and settling down on the ground in order to hold her brother better. The lack of pinky on her left hand meant she could sometimes drop items.
She situated the bottle at Damon's lips, letting a drop fall in his mouth.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Sapphire's eyes zoomed in on the missing pinky. She shook her head with disgust that someone would actually do that to a child.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Sarah sighed. "Babies need their mother's milk, or something similar, for quite a time after their birth. Solids aren't meant for infants, at least not so early in their lives," she said gently. "Mashing it is better than giving it hard, but still is difficult sometimes."

(Is that around right? I don't know that much about babies either. XD)
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Ila looked up at Sarah from her position on the floor. "But i don't have milk." Or a mother to offer it. She turned her attention to the infant again, his breathing barely audible. "What's wrong with him?" She asked.

(I'm assuming so. Haha I'm in the same boat as you.)
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum