The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

A raven's feather. A mysterious warning. Missing food, articles of clothing, money, and a few objects of value. What does this mean? You have been targeted by the Cloak. Be prepared to be stolen from for the rest of your life, or change your ways for the better. 

The Cloak is a guild of thieves, spies, and artisans dedicated to equality for all. This expansive guild steals from the cruel wealthy and gives to the deserving poor; a tradition passed down and improved on for generations. They choose their targets with care, and the artisans alter all stolen items beyond recognition. At the head of the Cloak is the one and only Raven Hood, King of Thieves, the Hood of the Cloak. 

Yet the world is against them. Raven's "naughty list" grows longer than his "nice list" daily. The upper classes naturally don't appreciate the Cloak's deeds. The guards are constantly at their backs, but Raven always finds an escape. How long can this continue? With society as it stands against you, how can you survive? Where will you stand?

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY KNOWN TO CLOAK MEMBERS. It's a secret, that they should know.
Cloak Members Read This:
The Cloak base is comprised of two buildings and an underground system of tunnels. The buildings are open to the public. The smaller of the two is a shop to sell the altered goods. The larger one, the main base, is a tavern, inn, and orphanage all rolled into one. Tavern on the first floor. Inn on the next few floors (with lodging available for anyone who needs it), orphanage on the top few floors. On the second floor of the tavern/inn is a bookshelf. On this bookshelf is a collection of various scrolls and books, as well as one special book. The special book triggers a magic door to open behind the bookshelf, leading to a staircase and the secret part of the base where loot is stored, raids are planned, thieves live, etc. However, only someone who is part of the guild, can enter. For anyone who isn't part/doesn't know about it, the special book is just a book. For anyone who means harm to the guild, it will seem to burn them. And yes, Raven is still very uncomfortable around it and it still gives him the heebie jeebies, but he tolerates it for the most part.

Rules:
1. No OP, gming, autohitting, etc. Everyone wants to be powerful, but balance yourself. 
2. Romance is fine, but don't go into detail. Use timeskips for strong sexual content. (See Roleplay Guidelines)
3. To be honest, I don't care if you swear. But to keep with the Forum Rules, please only show the first letter of stronger swear words, followed by ***. 
4. Gore is fine, just don't go overboard with it. 
5. Decent bios; use complete sentences in at least appearance, personality, and history. No perfect bios. You have three chances. Use the bio skeleton.
6. Do your best to use proper grammar and spelling, and try to have detailed posts. Use "..." for talking, Italics for mental speech/thinking, and (...) for out of character. 
7. ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT TALK
8. No killing without permission. 
9. This is MEDIEVAL FANTASY. No modern clothes, weapons, etc. 
10. Try to even out the genders and roles. I doubt I'll get them perfectly even, but I will put more limits if we seem to be getting to many of one role (ie thieves). 
11. Put "Justice" in other section of the bio skeleton if you have read everything. 
12. YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED BEFORE YOU START RPING. 
13. Any questions, just ask. I prefer if you use the OOC, since there's a chance someone else might have a similar question, but you may use the chatbox or PM.

Characters

Chat

Last edited by Maela on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix spoiler, hopefully)
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Dox was curled up in a corner of the tavern, brow furrowed, reading. On occasion she'd sound out a particularly long word in a quiet voice. It was a heavy book. Myla was making her read it. That was what happened when you were being taught how to read, after all – you read. A lot.

Dox shut the book in frustration with a satisfying thump and a huff. she pulled a long, thin dagger from her boot and began playing with it, catching the firelight and watching it bounce about the room, while also surreptitiously watching the other members. Watch. Study. It was instinct to her. Always had been, and had always been helpful in keeping her alive. And, of course, listen. Ignoring the flirtation between Raven and Sapphire – though when had this started? – Dox perked up at the idea of another raid. She'd been feeling a little bored. Maybe the raid could take place on a day she was supposed to be learning how to read. Then she slumped. Never mind. Giving it was then. Not something she was needed for.

Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:58 am

Raven made a face and patted down his hair, making sure she hadn't messed it up instead of fixing it. Not that it mattered that much. "Well, you coming?" he asked. "Or going to get that bath?"
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:06 am

"I'm coming and I plan to take my bath before I head to bed, helps me sleep." She said before exiting the room with Raven.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:14 am

Raven shrugged and stepped lightly out of the tavern, glancing around for a moment before heading off towards the food stalls.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:20 am

Sapphire was looking around as she exited the tavern. As a spy she had the habit of listening in on conversations for anything that would help the Cloak. Not the best habit but it paid off at times.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ila's small voice echoed down the narrow alleyway that housed the little den she had discovered and resides in. She was mostly asking herself questions such as, "Will that man with the jingling pockets be here today?", followed by the quick chirp of her reply, "No, I saw him leave town yesterday."
Her conversation with herself continued in this way until she reached where the alley meets the crowded streets, where she shut up and shoved her way through the throng until she spotted a gold mine. "Apples!" Her voice squeaked with excitement and she continued on her path towards the fruit, her hand plucking one from the stall and tucking it into the folds of her tunic.

Raven whistled a random tune as he strolled down the street, pausing to buy a basket of fresh rolls and a bag of apples. As he was paying the apple merchant, a flicker of movement moving away to an alley. He tilted his head to the side, watching the blur. A girl, it seemed to be. He smiled grimly and took the bag of apples, motioning to Sapphire in the direction the girl had gone before following at a leisurely pace.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ila's small voice echoed down the narrow alleyway that housed the little den she had discovered and resides in. She was mostly asking herself questions such as, "Will that man with the jingling pockets be here today?", followed by the quick chirp of her reply, "No, I saw him leave town yesterday."
Her conversation with herself continued in this way until she reached where the alley meets the crowded streets, where she shut up and shoved her way through the throng until she spotted a gold mine. "Apples!" Her voice squeaked with excitement and she continued on her path towards the fruit, her hand plucking one from the stall and tucking it into the folds of her tunic.

Raven whistled a random tune as he strolled down the street, pausing to buy a basket of fresh rolls and a bag of apples. As he was paying the apple merchant, a flicker of movement moving away to an alley. He tilted his head to the side, watching the blur. A girl, it seemed to be. He smiled grimly and took the bag of apples, motioning to Sapphire in the direction the girl had gone before following at a leisurely pace.
Sapphire nodded and quickly but quietly moved ahead of him. Making sure she kept to the shadows along the way.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Ila glanced behind her, her gaze skipping past the dark haired stranger. Without recognising him, she continued on her journey down the alley, turning left when she reached the end where it branched off slightly and stopped suddenly at a dead end. But it kept her brother hidden as the space is mostly concealed from wondering eyes.
A soft wheezing and cough greeted her, the infant's breaths shallow and quick. Ila settled down in the space in front of the child lying on a pile of material she had accumulated over the years and reached out to wipe a reddish brown substance dribbling down the corner of the child's mouth. "Oh, I do wish you would eat something, Damon." She had given him liquids along with the occasional mushed up food if she was lucky but he had been refusing everything lately.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Ila glanced behind her, her gaze skipping past the dark haired stranger. Without recognising him, she continued on her journey down the alley, turning left when she reached the end where it branched off slightly and stopped suddenly at a dead end. But it kept her brother hidden as the space is mostly concealed from wondering eyes.
A soft wheezing and cough greeted her, the infant's breaths shallow and quick. Ila settled down in the space in front of the child lying on a pile of material she had accumulated over the years and reached out to wipe a reddish brown substance dribbling down the corner of the child's mouth. "Oh, I do wish you would eat something, Damon." She had given him liquids along with the occasional mushed up food if she was lucky but he had been refusing everything lately.
Sapphire  continued to follow the girl, watching her when she interacted with the infant. Stepping out of the shadows she sighed "So young yet you take on the responsibility of caring for the infant, I admire you for that" she said softly.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Sapphire  continued to follow the girl, watching her when she interacted with the infant. Stepping out of the shadows she sighed "So young yet you take on the responsibility of caring for the infant, I admire you for that" she said softly.
Raven came into view a moment later, frowning slightly at the sound of coughing. "Is he alright?" he asked, sounding genuinely concerned as he walked over to the girl and baby.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Ila's eyes widened to the size of saucers once her followers came Into view. She stood, shielding her baby brother from the strangers as if she could do anything to protect him.
"No!" She screeched, her shaking hands tightened into fists, the apple in her palm prepared to be thrown. "Get away!"
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ila's eyes widened to the size of saucers once her followers came Into view. She stood, shielding her baby brother from the strangers as if she could do anything to protect him.
"No!" She screeched, her shaking hands tightened into fists, the apple in her palm prepared to be thrown. "Get away!"
Sapphire glanced at Raven before looking back at the girl. She then took her daggers out and threw them to the side so it would show that she meant no harm "We have no intention of harming you or him" she then asked gently "If I may, what is your name?"
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ila's eyes widened to the size of saucers once her followers came Into view. She stood, shielding her baby brother from the strangers as if she could do anything to protect him.
Sapphire glanced at Raven before looking back at the girl. She then took her daggers out and threw them to the side so it would show that she meant no harm "We have no intention of harming you or him" she then asked gently "If I may, what is your name?"

Raven lifted his hands, open to show he meant no harm. "She's right. We only want to help," he said gently. "Please, keep your voice down, and we'll talk through this."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:59 pm

"Leave me a-" her voice cut off with the sound of the infant's coughing fit. Bending down, she scooped up Damon and cradled him. Ila whispered softly in her ear, sketching out a rough melody to try and soothe him but to no avail. The Apple now lay abandoned, her own hunger forgotten as she wiped his mouth with the fabric of her clothing.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Leave me a-" her voice cut off with the sound of the infant's coughing fit. Bending down, she scooped up Damon and cradled him. Ila whispered softly in her ear, sketching out a rough melody to try and soothe him but to no avail. The Apple now lay abandoned, her own hunger forgotten as she wiped his mouth with the fabric of her clothing.
Raven sighed and took a step closer, still keeping his hands raised. "I know someone who can help with that cough, without charge," he offered, then grimaced slightly. "I may not be a healer myself, but that doesn't sound healthy, and being out in the streets won't help him get any better. We can get you both some good food and clean clothing."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Leave me a-" her voice cut off with the sound of the infant's coughing fit. Bending down, she scooped up Damon and cradled him. Ila whispered softly in her ear, sketching out a rough melody to try and soothe him but to no avail. The Apple now lay abandoned, her own hunger forgotten as she wiped his mouth with the fabric of her clothing.
Raven sighed and took a step closer, still keeping his hands raised. "I know someone who can help with that cough, without charge," he offered, then grimaced slightly. "I may not be a healer myself, but that doesn't sound healthy, and being out in the streets won't help him get any better. We can get you both some good food and clean clothing."
Watery eyes gazed up at the two strangers, their decorated words almost convinced her, but her mother's voice broke through the haze of her memories, "People lie and cheat for their own gain. Trust no one." Of course, this memory uncovered other,  more unpleasant memories which Ila hastily locked away where they can only haunt her at night. The young girl shook her head furiously, hugging her child as if he was was a buoyancy, letting his wheezing soothe her. But something was wrong. There was no wheezing. No movement. Only a drop of blood rolling down his chin. 
"Damon?" Ila's voice was soft, tears streaking unnoticed down her cheeks and dripping onto the small bundle she cradled.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Watery eyes gazed up at the two strangers, their decorated words almost convinced her, but her mother's voice broke through the haze of her memories, "People lie and cheat for their own gain. Trust no one." Of course, this memory uncovered other,  more unpleasant memories which Ila hastily locked away where they can only haunt her at night. The younge girl shook her head furiously, hugging her child as if he was was a buoyancy, letting his wheezing soothe her. But something was wrong. There was no wheezing. No movement. Only a drop of blood rolling down his chin. 
"Damon?" Ila's voice was soft, tears streaking unnoticed down her cheeks and dripping onto the small bundle she cradled.
"No..." Sapphire said softly as she looked at the limp infant. She then looked down at the ground, her shoulders sagging in defeat that they couldn't save the infant.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Raven froze, looking down at the baby. "Please. There might not be much time left. You have to trust us," he implored, taking another step closer. As an afterthought, he added quietly, "I'm Raven Hood. Surely you've heard of me? I know where to get help, if there's any hope."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Empty eyes stared into her own, so much like her mother's, yet so innocent. Ila nodded weakly, hugging the small child to her chest and stepped forward on shaking legs.
Her heart hammered in her throat, strangling her. She couldn't breath. Ila leaned against the wall for support as a round of coughing stole her breath away.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Raven bounded towards the girl and took her arm gently, supporting her and the baby as he ushered them back towards the tavern as quickly as possible without risking them falling over.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Sapphire ran as fast as she could to the tavern to let the healer be aware of their arrival and to make the preparations needed. She hoped it wouldn't be too late the save the baby, if it was possible.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Ida was barely aware of the journey, the only thing she could focus on was the baby's cold, empty blue eyes that now resembled her own. Her bare feet slapped the ground and her breathing came in great gulps to help push down the bile that was rising in her throat.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Sarah was in a back room of the tavern, in a make-shift infirmary that still had nearly everything she could need. Her brow was furrowed as she ground up herbs for a poultice for another patient that was currently asleep. She brushed a lock of hair out of her eyes using her arm.

Raven continued to run down the alleys, casting concerned looks back at the baby every few seconds. He burst in through the door and ignored the stares, heading back to the infirmary.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Sapphire rushed through to the back room, accidentally shoving some people out of the way. Rushing into the infirmary she looked at Sarah "Sarah we have a sick baby on the way and he's close to death" she spoke calmly so she didn't have to repeat herself.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sarah was in a back room of the tavern, in a make-shift infirmary that still had nearly everything she could need. Her brow was furrowed as she ground up herbs for a poultice for another patient that was currently asleep. She brushed a lock of hair out of her eyes using her arm.

Raven continued to run down the alleys, casting concerned looks back at the baby every few seconds. He burst in through the door and ignored the stares, heading back to the infirmary.
Ila let herself be dragged to the healer, but had to fix her grip on the small bundle a few times to stop him sliding from her grip. Each time sent a jolt through her heart, cracking off another piece until it was nonexistent. She could see it crumbling away, slipping through her fingers like the life of her brother.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Raven skidded to a stop once they reached the infirmary, letting go of the girl and gesturing to one of the beds. "Sarah--"

Sarah cursed under her breath and dropped the pestle, rising to her feet in one graceful motion and taking long swift steps towards them. She held out her hands, her expression worried and impatient. "Let me see him," she said, her voice surprisingly clear and steady.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum