The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm

A raven's feather. A mysterious warning. Missing food, articles of clothing, money, and a few objects of value. What does this mean? You have been targeted by the Cloak. Be prepared to be stolen from for the rest of your life, or change your ways for the better. 

The Cloak is a guild of thieves, spies, and artisans dedicated to equality for all. This expansive guild steals from the cruel wealthy and gives to the deserving poor; a tradition passed down and improved on for generations. They choose their targets with care, and the artisans alter all stolen items beyond recognition. At the head of the Cloak is the one and only Raven Hood, King of Thieves, the Hood of the Cloak. 

Yet the world is against them. Raven's "naughty list" grows longer than his "nice list" daily. The upper classes naturally don't appreciate the Cloak's deeds. The guards are constantly at their backs, but Raven always finds an escape. How long can this continue? With society as it stands against you, how can you survive? Where will you stand?

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY KNOWN TO CLOAK MEMBERS. It's a secret, that they should know.
Cloak Members Read This:
The Cloak base is comprised of two buildings and an underground system of tunnels. The buildings are open to the public. The smaller of the two is a shop to sell the altered goods. The larger one, the main base, is a tavern, inn, and orphanage all rolled into one. Tavern on the first floor. Inn on the next few floors (with lodging available for anyone who needs it), orphanage on the top few floors. On the second floor of the tavern/inn is a bookshelf. On this bookshelf is a collection of various scrolls and books, as well as one special book. The special book triggers a magic door to open behind the bookshelf, leading to a staircase and the secret part of the base where loot is stored, raids are planned, thieves live, etc. However, only someone who is part of the guild, can enter. For anyone who isn't part/doesn't know about it, the special book is just a book. For anyone who means harm to the guild, it will seem to burn them. And yes, Raven is still very uncomfortable around it and it still gives him the heebie jeebies, but he tolerates it for the most part.

Rules:
1. No OP, gming, autohitting, etc. Everyone wants to be powerful, but balance yourself. 
2. Romance is fine, but don't go into detail. Use timeskips for strong sexual content. (See Roleplay Guidelines)
3. To be honest, I don't care if you swear. But to keep with the Forum Rules, please only show the first letter of stronger swear words, followed by ***. 
4. Gore is fine, just don't go overboard with it. 
5. Decent bios; use complete sentences in at least appearance, personality, and history. No perfect bios. You have three chances. Use the bio skeleton.
6. Do your best to use proper grammar and spelling, and try to have detailed posts. Use "..." for talking, Italics for mental speech/thinking, and (...) for out of character. 
7. ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT TALK
8. No killing without permission. 
9. This is MEDIEVAL FANTASY. No modern clothes, weapons, etc. 
10. Try to even out the genders and roles. I doubt I'll get them perfectly even, but I will put more limits if we seem to be getting to many of one role (ie thieves). 
11. Put "Justice" in other section of the bio skeleton if you have read everything. 
12. YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED BEFORE YOU START RPING. 
13. Any questions, just ask. I prefer if you use the OOC, since there's a chance someone else might have a similar question, but you may use the chatbox or PM.

Characters

Chat

Last edited by Maela on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix spoiler, hopefully)
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cloak (Robin-Hood-esque RP; Players Needed!)

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:56 pm

(STARTING NOW!
You may still post characters if you haven't already.)
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Raven leaned back in his "throne" in the tavern--really only an oversized armchair by the fireplace. He swirled a glass of wine in one hand, looking over a map spread out on the table. 

----

Myla was inside her office, referred to as her cave by many, though it was one of the best-lit rooms in the secret part of the base. Bookshelves lined the walls, filled with spy reports, maps, inventories, and more; all carefully organized and maintained. One door in the back led to her private chambers, while another led to the archives.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Raven leaned back in his "throne" in the tavern--really only an oversized armchair by the fireplace. He swirled a glass of wine in one hand, looking over a map spread out on the table. 

----

Myla was inside her office, referred to as her cave by many, though it was one of the best-lit rooms in the secret part of the base. Bookshelves lined the walls, filled with spy reports, maps, inventories, and more; all carefully organized and maintained. One door in the back led to her private chambers, while another led to the archives.
Sapphire came to the room and stopped at the doorway, giving the door a little knock so she wouldn't surprise Raven. "Some nobles have started to take measures in order to protect  their precious jewls" she smirked.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:13 pm

(There are probably other people around, and relatively loud, just so you know)

Raven glanced around, making sure no one nearby would hear or be unsettled by the conversation. Most were a part of the Cloak anyway, but it couldn't hurt. He turned his attention back to Sapphire and quirked a brow. "How so?"
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:(There are probably other people around, and relatively loud, just so you know)

Raven glanced around, making sure no one nearby would hear or be unsettled by the conversation. Most were a part of the Cloak anyway, but it couldn't hurt. He turned his attention back to Sapphire and quirked a brow. "How so?"
Sapphire went over to Raven and spoke quietly "A certain group of nobles made a deal with each other that they would send their treasures to a certain location, I planned to go into the estate to find that location but it was too bright out" she crossed her arms "I'm going tomorrow night, they'll have less guards by then since they plan on meeting each other."
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Raven took a sip of his wine, then cocked his head to the side. "You know you shouldn't go alone," he commented. "I have complete faith in your abilities, of course, but if something were to happen..." He frowned slightly and shook his head. "Pick someone, or several someones. Or I'll assemble a team."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Aurora was out riding in the fields around the castle, of course she had her required guards at the moment, though she was headed to the town nearby to ride through it.

~~~
Mark was at his workshop, the official one so that he could provide for his mother and sister, though he often took in the cloak members and helped them out on the side.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Raven took a sip of his wine, then cocked his head to the side. "You know you shouldn't go alone," he commented. "I have complete faith in your abilities, of course, but if something were to happen..." He frowned slightly and shook his head. "Pick someone, or several someones. Or I'll assemble a team."
"Raven..." She sighed "I don't want to draw attention and since the guard rotation will be totally new because of the lack of guards its best I go alone so no one else will get caught, in case that happens."
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Ila's small voice echoed down the narrow alleyway that housed the little den she had discovered and resides in. She was mostly asking herself questions such as, "Will that man with the jingling pockets be here today?", followed by the quick chirp of her reply, "No, I saw him leave town yesterday."
Her conversation with herself continued in this way until she reached where the alley meets the crowded streets, where she shut up and shoved her way through the throng until she spotted a gold mine. "Apples!" Her voice squeaked with excitement and she continued on her path towards the fruit, her hand plucking one from the stall and tucking it into the folds of her tunic.

Last edited by Ebonee on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Raven shook his head again and gave her a stern look. "All the more reason to have someone guard your back, or be available go get help if things go sour."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:51 pm

Sapphire shook her head "Fine" she looked at him "I love you but good lord you get on my nerves" she said with a slight playfulness in her tone.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Raven smirked and lifted his glass in a mock-toast. "I get on everyone's nerves one way or another. Surely you know that by now?" he replied, his eyes glittering mischievously.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Sapphire chuckled "Oh yes" she teased and looked into his eyes "You look like you're up to no good" she smirked.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Raven chuckled a bit. "That depends entirely on your point of view," he replied with a grin. "To the so-called nobles, I'm always up to no good. To others, everything I do is good."
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Sapphire smiled "Very true" she stretched and looked at the map "What were you working on?"
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Raven shrugged and looked back at the map on the table. "Simply getting my bearings for another raid," he replied, tracing a random route on the map. "Or perhaps another round of giving." He traced another route around town, then stared at the map for a moment as if an answer would appear to quell his current indecision.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Sapphire rubbed  his arm reassuringly "Maybe you could do another round of giving since I'm working on the nobles treasure?" She suggested.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Raven smirked slightly and downed the remaining wine. "Giving it is," he replied, standing up and stretching briefly. It was good to get out and about in the daylight hours as well as nighttime.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Sapphire smiled and rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm definitely taking a hot bath tonight, being stuck in that tree has put tension in my neck and shoulders."
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Raven snorted softly. "How long were you up there?" he asked, then waved his hand dismissively; he didn't really need to know, though he couldn't help being curious. He put his bird-mask on, straightening it and his tunic.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:51 pm

"Couple hours" she said as she fixed her hair before looking at him. With a nod of approval she smiled "You look good."
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Maela on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Raven bowed dramatically and flashed a grin. "Thank you, fair lady," he replied, then stood straighter and patted at his pockets to check for coins, deciding he had enough for the time being and wouldn't need to venture into the tunnels.
Maela
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver176 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Sapphire laughed "Your welcome handsome" she said as she winked. Walking up to him she fixed his hair "Now you'll have the ladies all over you" she teased.
Silver176
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Dox was curled up in a corner of the tavern, brow furrowed, reading. On occasion she'd sound out a particularly long word in a quiet voice. It was a heavy book. Myla was making her read it. That was what happened when you were being taught how to read, after all – you read. A lot.

Dox shut the book in frustration with a satisfying thump and a huff. she pulled a long, thin dagger from her boot and began playing with it, catching the firelight and watching it bounce about the room, while also surreptitiously watching the other members. Watch. Study. It was instinct to her. Always had been, and had always been helpful in keeping her alive. And, of course, listen. Ignoring the flirtation between Raven and Sapphire – though when had this started? – Dox perked up at the idea of another raid. She'd been feeling a little bored. Maybe the raid could take place on a day she was supposed to be learning how to read. Then she slumped. Never mind. Giving it was then. Not something she was needed for.

"If it's not logical, you can't argue with it." ~Ari Marmell, Thief's Covenant, Book 1 of the Widdershins Adventure Series, aka the Covenant Cycle
~Yesterday's News – RP~

~Yesterday's News – Story~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: