Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

​It is the year 2199.  For the past five years Earth has been under constant attack by forces from the mysterious planet Gamilon.  Earth's self-defense space fleet has been decimated, and deadly 'planet bombs' constantly bombard the surface of the earth, covering it with dangerous radioactive pollution.  No life exists on the barren surface, and all the exposed liquid water has long ago evaporated, leaving the lethal, radioactive air incredibly humid and much of the atmosphere covered in thick clouds.  As a result of the bombings, the only places left fit to survive are in massive underground cities, though soon even those safe havens will fade away.  The radiation is beginning to seep down through the earth's crust and infect the hiding remnants of the human population, and scientists calculate that the earth only has about one year's time left before all life on it is extinguished and it becomes permanently uninhabitable.  What little future the human race has left seems incredibly bleak and empty.

But then... there appears a beacon of hope...

A strange starship crashes near the north end of what used to be the Philippine island chain, and inside is discovered a number of things that can give the earth a fighting chance.  A message from a woman named Queen Starsha of the planet Iskandar saying that there is a ​device called the 'Cosmo DNA' that can cleanse the earth of its radioactive poison and reverse the effects of the Gamilon bombardment.  She also gave the exact coordinates of her home planet Iskandar and where on that planet to find the Cosmo DNA.  There's just one problem.  The trip to Iskandar is a 296,000 light-year round-trip, and earth only has one year left to live.

However, Queen Starsha also provided the humans with detailed designs and instructions for a so-called 'Wave-Motion Engine,' a warp drive that is capable of converting the vacuum of space into tachyon energy, as well as functioning like a normal rocket engine.  It also provides essentially infinite power to the ship and enables the vessel to "ride" the wave of tachyons and travel much,​ much faster than light.  With time running out, the humans quickly build a Wave-Motion Engine into their newest, biggest, and last space battleship, constructed inside the buried hulk of a sea-faring battleship lost in a war more than two and a half centuries ago.  They also find a way to construct a 'Wave-Motion Gun', an immensely powerful weapon which harnesses the power of the WME and directs it through a firing gate in the bow, shooting it in a stream directly forwards. (Because of course we did.  We're humans, we always find a way to turn every good technology into something destructive. Yay us!)  The group operating this new vessel puts out a call all over the world for people to volunteer for the dangerous mission, needing a crew for the vessel and a way to give humanity one last chance; to save Mother Earth and stop the Gamilons once and for all.

What's that?  What's the vessel's name, you ask?...

Space Battleship Yamato.

*cue the following epic montage theme song*

(Yeah, the lyrics are in Japanese.  I don't care, it's still cool as cr#p.  I'm trying to work on getting an accurate translation, and when I do I'll stick it here.)

Rules/Info:

General Site Rules apply, as usual.

If you don't know what Space Battleship Yamato (or 宇宙戦艦ヤマト or Uchū Senkan Yamato)

​is all about​, first of all, have you watched or heard anything at all about great Anime since the 1970's? (XD)  But seriously, if you don't know what it's about, just look it up, and preferably watch at least some of the Anime.  (If you want it in English, look for Star Blazers.  That's the English Dub and the series that the plotline of the RP will be following the closest, at least Star Blazers Season One.)

This RP is going to have a couple somewhat mature (but not necessarily in a bad way) themes throughout, including very deep personal tragedy, funeral scenes for fallen comrades, and desperation caused by the total extinction faced by all of humanity.  There'll still be some more childishly-fun moments here and there, but I'm just giving everyone fair notice.

During the incredibly long, perilous journey that Yamato and her crew will be facing, morale and trust are certain to start wearing thin sooner or later.  Some crew will want to keep going, some will want to turn back and return to earth, mid-way through the trip, and some will want to decide to basically say 'screw earth!' and just take Yamato off and find another habitable planet that her crew can colonize to re-start the human race.  Fights won't happen immediately, but they will likely be inevitable.

There will be plenty of older girls and younger women onboard Yamato, as a matter of fact they will likely slightly outnumber the men.  This is intentional because, since the EDF was thinking ahead when they looked over the volunteer applications, they planned it out so that should Yamato fail to save the earth in time they would be well-equipped and have sufficient females to colonize a new planet and restart the human race elsewhere.  Even though they're girls and young women, that doesn't mean they won't be expected to pull their weight as crewmembers.

Romance: People can start getting very lonely in space surprisingly fast.  Romance will definitely be a thing that may set in very quickly, but remember that a fair few of the people still alive will have a tragic past to some degree, some will be worse off than others, and some won't reveal anything unless given some nudging from someone trying to get close to them.

There are no free rides on Yamato, everyone has a job.  That being said, they might later find a stowaway or two who, after being punished, will end up becoming a part of the crew so they aren't just a waste of food and air, and because Yamato WILL steadily end up taking casualties along the way  and therefore there'll be jobs to fill.  She'll leave with over a thousand crew, but (if she returns at all) she'll be left with only a fraction of that still alive.  Anyways, there's a lot of different positions that need to be filled on a space battleship, especially one as massive as Yamato.  I've listed everything I can think of below:

Captain (Taken)
Executive Officer (XO, second-in-command, would also have another officer's position on top of that.)
Communications (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Navigation (2 officers, one of whom acts as Helmsman (the guy that actually steers the vessel) + normal crewmembers)
Tactical (All the ship's weapons and other combat systems, like countermeasures) (1 chief officer + 2 officers beneath them + normal crewmembers, mostly gunners.)
RADAR/ Sensors (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Damage Control/repair (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Engineering (1 chief officer + 1 officer beneath them + normal crewmembers)
Medical (1 officer (the ship's surgeon/main doctor) + nurses)
Galley (The ship's mess hall, also in charge of growing more food for the crew in the greenhouses) (1 officer (the head chef) + a few mess attendants)
Aircraft (Yamato carries one elite fighter squadron, the Black Tigers (Call signs Black 1 through Black 12), one squadron of heavy attack aircraft, the Vipers (Viper 1 through Viper 12), and a number of other craft, like small transports, survey ships (basically large, multi-seat fighters with less weapons and more protection and other systems like scanning equipment), landing craft, etc.  Each attack squadron is led by one officer and the rest of the pilots are normal crewmembers.  Black 1 (the leader of the Black Tigers) is taken.)
Maintenance (Like Damage Control/Repair, but is instead in charge of fixing things in less-than-life-or-death situations and just keeping everything running in general) (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Security/Space Marines (1 chief officer + 2 beneath them + normal crewmembers)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

I've been gone from the internet for a while, finally returning.  I had been having some serious morality troubles with what I was using this great tool for, and had to temporarily cut myself off completely and do some deep thinking.  I'm back now, and I'm a changed young man.
Please go give her a look!
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR, BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY.
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:30 am

Ashley just watched the two of them crying against each other for a moment before sighing heavily and sulking off on her own, heading off to grab Dale before heading over to see what was bothering her mom so much.  She was already starting to feel bad about how quickly she had jumped to a conclusion about what Cat had done and then gone and blurted it out right in her face in front of Nathan.

"...oh my God, no..." Connie muttered softly, slowly collapsing against Grace as she started sobbing openly.  "...b-but the kids, Grace... I p-p-promised I'd c-come back to g-get them..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Dale took Ashley's hand but stopped her before they went over to Connie. "Ashley, come here" He said gently and wrapped her in a hug.

Grace held Connie as she started to cry. "I know, but there was no way to get to them. We arrived too late to help them." She said sadly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:37 am

Ashley didn't need much persuasion to melt into Dale's embrace, but after a moment of quiet she softly said "W-what is it honey?... I-is something wrong?..."

Connie wasn't able to respond with anything intelligible by this point and simply blubbered in grief as she thought of everyone she'd left behind that she'd never see again.

I've been gone from the internet for a while, finally returning.  I had been having some serious morality troubles with what I was using this great tool for, and had to temporarily cut myself off completely and do some deep thinking.  I'm back now, and I'm a changed young man.
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:47 am

"You looked like you needed a hug" Dale said gently then tipped her chin up to look at her "I heard what they said, and what Grace was saying, that strange ship is a ship from Earth that was stalled in time until the Yamato freed it, the captain is Connie's ancestor." 

Reddy came to her other side to hug her also, though he was prepared to move away if she didn't want him there. "I know it is hard to hear that you have lost everyone on Earth, my crew has gone through that twice now. We are still searching the records provided to see who else has descendants among the crew of the Yamato." He said softly then looked around "Do you have a place to stay at here on this world? It may be better to rest and let your minds have time to accept what has happened."

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:22 am

Ashley was quiet in shock for a moment, but eventually said "St-stalled in time?... b-but, how is that even possible?... I-I mean, dad told me about the time that he, Jim, Starr, and Thomas went back in time with the help of that 'Guardian' thing, but..."  She looked over at where her mom, Grace, and Reddy were with a puzzled expression, then added "...that was just a few people, and that Guardian was very powerful.  We're talking about an entire starship, and it was just stuck somewhere while the rest of the universe simply passed it by?..."

Connie looked up at Reddy when he came over to her other side then paused for a moment, her blubbering seeming to stop momentarily.  She soon reached over and wrapped one arm around the 21st-century human and pulled him in against her in a surprisingly tight hug, then resumed crying.  It took her a moment before she seemed to finally cry herself out, and she eventually looked up and said "...y-yeah, we d-do have a place... I don't know how long I'll be able to stay there, though..."  She glanced down at her very swollen belly and softly added "I'm at 262 days of gestation with Thomas here, so he's liable to pop out at any time now... but at least Gus made it home in time, I was really starting to get worried that he was going to miss the birth of his firstborn son..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:37 am

Dale shrugged and looked over to Connie and Reddy again "Let's find out." He said then turned to walk over with her. He wanted to know more about that also, since it was so unusual. 

"We are back now, focus on the good and try not to focus on the losses too much." Reddy said, rubbing her back gently. "I know seeing this little one and getting to know you will be a good thing."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:08 am

Ashley glanced over at the other group again, then slowly nodded and made her way over to them with Dale.

Connie silently nodded her understanding, then softly said "...I think I'm starting to really believe that you actually are an ancestor of me... I see so much of myself in you, and my grandmother as well, for the short time that I knew her..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Dale walked with her over to Connie and Grace, looking at them and the new people curiously.

Reddy smiled at that "I think I would have liked to meet your grandmother then." He said glad to have her like him that much so soon.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:18 am

(Sorry my replies have been so slow lately, but work has had me busy in the mornings and going to bed early, plus I've been getting more and more opportunities recently to hang out with a friend that I haven't been able to see nearly enough of in a long time.  I still love this RP to pieces though, we've gone so incredibly far and deep with the plot and the character development, it's kinda amazing. Very Happy )

"Yeah, I'm sure you would have..." Connie said softly, glancing to Ashley and Dale when they came over then pulling the two of them into a soft hug as well.  "...And I'm sure she would have loved to meet her great-grandkids as well... Godd#mn breast cancer had other ideas though..."  She sighed heavily and was quiet for a moment, then said "At least I've still got all of you, and Gus as well, wherever he ran off to..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:58 am

Reddy looked over to Gus and nodded "Yes, we have much to be thankful for, look, her went to get a vehicle to take us to your housing here." He said as Gus came over to Connie to help her up as a flying car came to them and parked nearby.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Connie smiled a little as she saw what her husband had been off doing and started to head towards the car when it landed, but before she was able to get there she suddenly stumbled and fell lightly to the ground, clutching her abdomen and wailing in pain for a moment as Ashley and Nathan quickly rushed over in worry.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Gus and Reddy both rushed to her as well, though Reddy backed off at the number of others there.

Starr came closer tot hem, looking to Connie then reluctantly handing her babies back tot he two haws so she could check on Connie and find out what had happened

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:43 pm

"St-starr... I think..." Connie managed, a large wet stain starting to appear between her legs.  "It's Thomas, he's coming... My water just broke, it's finally time..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:30 am

Starr looked to Gus and smiled a little as the male came over to lift Connie in his arms "The Yamato is closer" Starr said, moving to walk beside them and get to the medical bay of the ship so Connie could have her baby there.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:53 am

Connie simply nodded her agreement. letting out a short yelp of surprise as she felt her husband and her great x8 grandfather pick her up off her feet and start carrying her towards the ship.  They just managed to make it to the Medical Bay by the time Connie let out another wail of agony, signaling that she was having another contraction, and that they seemed to be rather close together for how early in the process they were.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Gus took her hand and held it as Starr started shooing everyone else away so she could get it set up for the delivery. "You had to have been having pains last night, this is going to be fast." She said. She let Gus stay for her, but made everyone else stay out of the room besides her nurses.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:51 am

"...n-no, there wasn't anything last night..." Connie said, starting to breath rather heavily.  "...th-this is the first time I've noticed anything happening... it's like Thomas was j-just waiting for his dad to come home, and now that Gus is here he just wants out..."  When she saw that Starr was chasing Reddy out of the room as well, she called out "Starr, wait... he's family too, just like Gus is... he deserves to stay if he wants, but I don't think Ashley or Dale should see something like this just yet..."

Ashley remained stubborn, regardless of Starr's shooing and insisting that she and Dale leave, but eventually when Connie agreed she reluctantly left the room with her sweetheart.  "Man, it's been so long, and now it's finally happening..." she said with a happy sigh.  "And dad got home just in the nick of time to be able to see it happen..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:04 am

Starr nodded and came back over to Connie to check on her "It is your choice to have him here or not, I did hear about his relationship to you before" She said with a smile to the other female. "It's not often you get to meet your ancestor"

Dale hugged Ashley and took her to sit in the waiting room "We can be among the first to see him when he's born, just not the first. And who knows, he may have been waiting for just this."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:32 am

"Yeah, I want him here..." Connie said softly, reaching over and grasping Gus' hand in her own.  "He's family, he deserrraaaAAAAGH!!..." she added, starting to wail in pain when she was hit with another contraction and started to squeeze Gus' hand surprisingly tightly.

"You know, I bet he probably was," Ashley said, shuddering a bit as she heard her mother's cry of pain.  "The timing seems to be pretty remarkable for it to be anything else."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Reddy came over to hold her other hand to help even though he knew how little it actually did help. 

Starr was checking how dilated she was so she could guess how long this would take now.

Dale held her close, glancing back to the other room then focusing on Ashley. "Maybe Connie's excitement made him want to come. We can't know." He said with a shrug then led her to a seat

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:16 am

Connie's cries soon enough stemmed off and she started breathing heavily, clutching Gus and Reddy's hands tightly as she tried to cope with the pain.

Starr would find that Connie's dilation was only at one centimeter so far, so despite how quickly her labor had started, the poor young blonde still had a long way to go.

~~~
"Yeah, you're right, we can't know for certain," Ashley agreed softly.  "We can only speculate, and wait eagerly for my little brother to get here..."

(Sorry I was gone all of yesterday, I lost Maya, my feathered best friend of six years. weep I had been outside holding her yesterday afternoon, then like an hour later when I went to lock them all up for the night she was just dead.  No injuries, no signs of any illnesses, no nothing.  She was very warm and very flexible when I found her too (meaning rigor mortis hadn't even started to kick in yet), so I must have been at the most five minutes too late to see her one more time. weep I cried myself to sleep Thursday night and last night, I feel like I've lost a human friend we were so close... broken )

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:06 am

Starr frowned a little and moved to finish getting things ready at a more relaxed pace. "You can pace if you want to, that can help sometimes, with the pain and the delivery."

~~
Dale smiled then glanced around the room before looking to her again "You want anything to eat or drink while we wait?"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:50 am

Connie actually managed to laugh a little and said "Are you kidding me?  There's no way that I'm gonna try getting up and walking around to right now.  I'm certain that I'll end up collapsing in pain and whacking my head on something."

~~~
"Yeah, I am kinda hungry now that I think of it," Ashley said with a soft smile.  "Any ideas on where we should go?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:33 pm

Star chuckled then shrugged "You would be surprised how many do want to walk right now." She said and checked her again 

~~~
Dale shrugged "Well, we are on the ship, so we can get whatever we want from here, right?"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:56 am

"Well I'm pretty sure I don't wanna get up, Starr," Connie replied with a small chuckle of her own.  "Unless you really think it would help somehow..."

~~~
"Well yeah, I guess we probably could," Ashley said as she started heading towards Ten Forward.  "Though what if they're running out of a bunch of stuff since they've been in space for a while without resupplying?  Is there somewhere on my home planet you'd want to go?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:17 am

Starr smiled and patted her knee. She would keep a close eye on her anyway.

~~
"If you want to, I figured you would want to stay on the ship until we could see your brother though." Dale clarified then shrugged again "I don't mind either way."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top