Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

​It is the year 2199.  For the past five years Earth has been under constant attack by forces from the mysterious planet Gamilon.  Earth's self-defense space fleet has been decimated, and deadly 'planet bombs' constantly bombard the surface of the earth, covering it with dangerous radioactive pollution.  No life exists on the barren surface, and all the exposed liquid water has long ago evaporated, leaving the lethal, radioactive air incredibly humid and much of the atmosphere covered in thick clouds.  As a result of the bombings, the only places left fit to survive are in massive underground cities, though soon even those safe havens will fade away.  The radiation is beginning to seep down through the earth's crust and infect the hiding remnants of the human population, and scientists calculate that the earth only has about one year's time left before all life on it is extinguished and it becomes permanently uninhabitable.  What little future the human race has left seems incredibly bleak and empty.

But then... there appears a beacon of hope...

A strange starship crashes near the north end of what used to be the Philippine island chain, and inside is discovered a number of things that can give the earth a fighting chance.  A message from a woman named Queen Starsha of the planet Iskandar saying that there is a ​device called the 'Cosmo DNA' that can cleanse the earth of its radioactive poison and reverse the effects of the Gamilon bombardment.  She also gave the exact coordinates of her home planet Iskandar and where on that planet to find the Cosmo DNA.  There's just one problem.  The trip to Iskandar is a 296,000 light-year round-trip, and earth only has one year left to live.

However, Queen Starsha also provided the humans with detailed designs and instructions for a so-called 'Wave-Motion Engine,' a warp drive that is capable of converting the vacuum of space into tachyon energy, as well as functioning like a normal rocket engine.  It also provides essentially infinite power to the ship and enables the vessel to "ride" the wave of tachyons and travel much,​ much faster than light.  With time running out, the humans quickly build a Wave-Motion Engine into their newest, biggest, and last space battleship, constructed inside the buried hulk of a sea-faring battleship lost in a war more than two and a half centuries ago.  They also find a way to construct a 'Wave-Motion Gun', an immensely powerful weapon which harnesses the power of the WME and directs it through a firing gate in the bow, shooting it in a stream directly forwards. (Because of course we did.  We're humans, we always find a way to turn every good technology into something destructive. Yay us!)  The group operating this new vessel puts out a call all over the world for people to volunteer for the dangerous mission, needing a crew for the vessel and a way to give humanity one last chance; to save Mother Earth and stop the Gamilons once and for all.

What's that?  What's the vessel's name, you ask?...

Space Battleship Yamato.

*cue the following epic montage theme song*

(Yeah, the lyrics are in Japanese.  I don't care, it's still cool as cr#p.  I'm trying to work on getting an accurate translation, and when I do I'll stick it here.)

Rules/Info:

General Site Rules apply, as usual.

If you don't know what Space Battleship Yamato (or 宇宙戦艦ヤマト or Uchū Senkan Yamato)

​is all about​, first of all, have you watched or heard anything at all about great Anime since the 1970's? (XD)  But seriously, if you don't know what it's about, just look it up, and preferably watch at least some of the Anime.  (If you want it in English, look for Star Blazers.  That's the English Dub and the series that the plotline of the RP will be following the closest, at least Star Blazers Season One.)

This RP is going to have a couple somewhat mature (but not necessarily in a bad way) themes throughout, including very deep personal tragedy, funeral scenes for fallen comrades, and desperation caused by the total extinction faced by all of humanity.  There'll still be some more childishly-fun moments here and there, but I'm just giving everyone fair notice.

During the incredibly long, perilous journey that Yamato and her crew will be facing, morale and trust are certain to start wearing thin sooner or later.  Some crew will want to keep going, some will want to turn back and return to earth, mid-way through the trip, and some will want to decide to basically say 'screw earth!' and just take Yamato off and find another habitable planet that her crew can colonize to re-start the human race.  Fights won't happen immediately, but they will likely be inevitable.

There will be plenty of older girls and younger women onboard Yamato, as a matter of fact they will likely slightly outnumber the men.  This is intentional because, since the EDF was thinking ahead when they looked over the volunteer applications, they planned it out so that should Yamato fail to save the earth in time they would be well-equipped and have sufficient females to colonize a new planet and restart the human race elsewhere.  Even though they're girls and young women, that doesn't mean they won't be expected to pull their weight as crewmembers.

Romance: People can start getting very lonely in space surprisingly fast.  Romance will definitely be a thing that may set in very quickly, but remember that a fair few of the people still alive will have a tragic past to some degree, some will be worse off than others, and some won't reveal anything unless given some nudging from someone trying to get close to them.

There are no free rides on Yamato, everyone has a job.  That being said, they might later find a stowaway or two who, after being punished, will end up becoming a part of the crew so they aren't just a waste of food and air, and because Yamato WILL steadily end up taking casualties along the way  and therefore there'll be jobs to fill.  She'll leave with over a thousand crew, but (if she returns at all) she'll be left with only a fraction of that still alive.  Anyways, there's a lot of different positions that need to be filled on a space battleship, especially one as massive as Yamato.  I've listed everything I can think of below:

Captain (Taken)
Executive Officer (XO, second-in-command, would also have another officer's position on top of that.)
Communications (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Navigation (2 officers, one of whom acts as Helmsman (the guy that actually steers the vessel) + normal crewmembers)
Tactical (All the ship's weapons and other combat systems, like countermeasures) (1 chief officer + 2 officers beneath them + normal crewmembers, mostly gunners.)
RADAR/ Sensors (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Damage Control/repair (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Engineering (1 chief officer + 1 officer beneath them + normal crewmembers)
Medical (1 officer (the ship's surgeon/main doctor) + nurses)
Galley (The ship's mess hall, also in charge of growing more food for the crew in the greenhouses) (1 officer (the head chef) + a few mess attendants)
Aircraft (Yamato carries one elite fighter squadron, the Black Tigers (Call signs Black 1 through Black 12), one squadron of heavy attack aircraft, the Vipers (Viper 1 through Viper 12), and a number of other craft, like small transports, survey ships (basically large, multi-seat fighters with less weapons and more protection and other systems like scanning equipment), landing craft, etc.  Each attack squadron is led by one officer and the rest of the pilots are normal crewmembers.  Black 1 (the leader of the Black Tigers) is taken.)
Maintenance (Like Damage Control/Repair, but is instead in charge of fixing things in less-than-life-or-death situations and just keeping everything running in general) (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Security/Space Marines (1 chief officer + 2 beneath them + normal crewmembers)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

I've been gone from the internet for a while, finally returning.  I had been having some serious morality troubles with what I was using this great tool for, and had to temporarily cut myself off completely and do some deep thinking.  I'm back now, and I'm a changed young man.
Please go give her a look!
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR, BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY.
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:50 am

"No Cat, that's not true," Jim said with a sigh as he went over and put his arm around her shoulders.  "It's not that you're easily replaceable, because you aren't.  You've been training up someone to be able to take your place in an emergency ever since we lost Stephon, it's taken us all that long to get someone else up to your level of qualification.  You're a great mechanic, Kathrine, and you're important to us, but I know that you're more important to at least one very special little boy, and you're already been through far more than anyone like you deserves to be put through.  That's why I'm discharging you, you understand?..."  Jim glanced up and around them when he flew and heard the firm jolt of the Yamato settling down onto its massive landing legs, then smiled and patted Cat on the back a little.  "And there's what I've been waiting for, we're home now."  He stood back up fully and his voice took on a slightly joking tone to it, and he said "Now get on out of here you.  Go and see your soulmate Nathan, that's an order.  Think of it as your last order, so you can always know you left the crew of this ship on a high note, a happy one."

~~~
Rachael Slattery was one of the first ones to come down the boarding ramp, though what Shrelle would see her holding onto (or rather holding onto her) would likely make her blood run cold.  Marcus was there, his one remaining arm wrapped up and around Rachael's shoulders, his left arm gone starting halfway between his elbow and where his wrist had been.  What had once been his good leg was also gone, though at least this time he still had his own knee joint, whereas with his left leg he'd lost it up near his pelvis, though not quite at the actual joint like where Ashley had lost hers.  He definitely stumbled as he walked down the ramp, but his eyes were scanning the crowd until they locked onto Shrelle.  His eyes teared up and his mouth curled upwards in a happy grin, like nothing else that had happened mattered anymore, all because he could see the girl he'd fallen in love with waiting there for him.

~~~
"Yeah, there seems to be quite a few people down there waiting for the Yamato," Grey agreed.  "Hey, look at them... there's two eagle kids each holding... I think those are human babies... and the blonde girl next to them with the really long hair, you think that might be her?... holy balls, is she pregnant, look at that!"  He chuckled a bit as he pointed it out to his CO.  "She looks like she's just gone and swallowed a whole watermelon or something!"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Cat sighed softly and nodded a little. She turned to go to the ramp and see Nathan. She would get her things later for now, she would see what seeing Nathan would do.

~~~
Shrelle covered her mouth, surprised by how he looked. She lowered her hands then ran over to hug Marcus. "Marcus, are you alright? What happened?" She asked, not wanting him to be hurt like that.

~~~
Reddy looked down and smiled at the sight. "Wonderful. She must be almost to her due date." He said then turned to leave. "Well, let's go. I want to meet her."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:56 am

Marcus winced a bit in pain, but smiled happily nonetheless when Shrelle came over and wrapped her arms around him.  "Oh Shrelle, I'm so sorry..." he said, leaning lightly on her for support in addition to Rachael's help so he could hug her in return.  "The ship only got hit a few times, but one of those hits was right at the anti-aircraft gun where I worked... it set off the ammunition in the ready-use lockers and killed everyone there except me, since I was far enough away at the moment, but the shrapnel took off my arm and my good leg... I'm sorry sweetie, I was trying to be careful for you..."

~~~
"Yeah, I agree," Grey said as he got up to follow Reddy.  "I feel the same way, let's head down there and meet her and all those other people that are with her."

~~~
"Come on Gus..." Connie mumbled nervously as she and Ashley watched the boarding ramp like hawks.

"...Please, please come out here in one piece, daddy..." the younger parrot girl whimpered, her grip on Dale's hand becoming like a vice with her anxiety.

I've been gone from the internet for a while, finally returning.  I had been having some serious morality troubles with what I was using this great tool for, and had to temporarily cut myself off completely and do some deep thinking.  I'm back now, and I'm a changed young man.
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:39 am

Shrelle buried her face against his neck and took in his scent. "Marcus, you lived, that's what matters." She said softly. It was sadening to see him like this, but he had come back to her 

~~
Reddy nodded and started down to the ramp to go and meet with the other humans on solid ground. He would lead his crew out after warnings to be on their best behavior for now.

~~~
Gus came down the ramp, looking around then to Connie and Ashley. Seeing them made him smile as he hurried over to wrap both in a hug.

Cat paused at the top of the ramp, frowning and holding her arms and watching her feet instead of looking out over the area.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:38 am

Marcus sighed as he gently held Shrelle's head against himself, his tail subconsciously working its way around their bodies to curl around one of Shrelle's tails as they embraced.  "I know I made it back, sweetie..." he said softly.  "And I'm glad I did, I'm just... I'm sad I couldn't manage to bring more of me back..."
"Gus!" Connie practically squealed with delight as she wrapped her arms tightly around her husband when he got to them, locking their lips together in a passionate, 'Oh my God I'm so glad you're alive' kind of kiss.
"Dad!  You made it!" Ashley added as she only barely managed to avoid being sandwiched between the two adults as they embraced and smooched, instead having to settle for coming in from the side and wrapping her arms and wings around both of them.

Nathan could already smell Cat a little before he could see him, and as soon as he did his tail started wagging uncontrollably, a huge grin spreading across his face as he fought his desires to bolt up and run to see her now, instead deciding that he wanted to stay perfectly loyal to his promise to her and wait right where he sat until she was at least on the actual ground and saw him there.

(And Starr's coming out within a moment to see her babies, right?  Just wanted to say that in case it had slipped your mind Very Happy )

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:29 pm

(Hahaha, yeah. Nurse was here so some charries slipped my mind)

Shrelle pulled her head away and looked him in the eye. "No, that is what matters, you vame back to me." She said softly then kissed him.

Gus kissed Connie, holding her and Ashley as close as he could. He had missed them both so much, but he knew there was something else that he had to do, so he pulled back from the kiss after a moment. And looked for the other mother, the wife of his lost pilot.

Cat glanced up quickly then walking down the ramp before looking around herself. She saw Nathan and stopped again, suddenly uncertain if he would still like her if he found out what had happened. 

Starr came out and smiled when she saw the twins, going down to hold them and kiss them both lovingly.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:09 pm

"Yeah, you're right Shrelle," Megan's voice said as she made her way down and joined in the hug with her adopted little sister.  "We both made it back okay..."

"Gus?... What's wrong?..." Connie and Stacy both asked worriedly.  "W-where're Edward?... He's okay, right?..."

When Nathan could tell that Cat had seen him, he immediately jumped up from his little spot and bolted over to her, clinging to her torso tightly and affectionately and wrapping his arms and legs around her in a hug.  "Oh God, Cat, you're here..." he said in relief.  "I've been waiting for so long..."

The twins both giggled and cooed as Starr took them from Jess and Joey, apparently still recognizing her as their mom despite almost three months of Connie and Stacy both filling that role for her.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Shrelle looked to Megan as she came out and opened one arm to hug her as well as Marcus, show she wasn't letting go of any time soon. 

Gus looked to Connie then Ashley before gently disentangling himself from them and going to Stacy "I'm sorry" He said gently, getting close enough to catch her if she fainted or something. "He died in the fighting at Earth" 

Cat burst into tears at his hug, releasing her arms and wrapping him in a tight hug. "Nathan, I missed you so much" 

Starr was crying happy tears, letting herself be led over to the bench to sit down and hold her babies close, talking and cooing to them 

Reddy slowed as he came closer to the blond girl, stopping a short distance from her and the avian girl "Um, excuse me. Are you Connie Fitzgerald...or Vasa now I suppose. " 
(And I can't remember his first name, lol)

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 am

Stacy paled noticeably at hearing that and staggered a little, eventually muttering "...h-he's g-gone?... I-I'm gonna b-be raising Maeve.. alone?... as a w-widow?..."

"I missed you too Cat..." Nathan practically cried as he hugged her.  "I've been so worried, I thought something had happened... But you guys did it, right?  You got back home and saved the Earth, and now you just came back here to get us."

(Matthew Patrick Reddy was his name. Smile )

Connie turned around in a bit of surprise, having been watching Gus go over to talk to Stacy.  "Oh, uhh... yeah, I am... um, who are you exactly and how do you know my middle name?..."  She looked over his long outdated Starfleet uniform and the ancient ship behind him for a moment.  "And where the hell did you get a ship and clothes like that?  There weren't any vessels of the old Lambda class that weren't lost or scrapped, and that was centuries ago.  And those clothes, did you steal that uniform from a museum or something?..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:11 am

"I am sorry" Gus said again, moving to give her a brotherly hug. He hated to bring her such news but knew it was his responsibility.

"No" Cat said, shaking her head and crying harder "It's gone. All of them...the whole planet is gone" She said as she tried to get her breath.

"I am Captain Matthew Patrick Reddy. The Yamato found us and rescued us from a time loop we were trapped in, so our uniforms and ship are original" He said a bit jokingly then sobered again "I was told that you are my descendant, so I wanted to meet you."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:54 am

"Tell me that at least the Earth is okay..." Stacy wept as she leaned against Gus to keep from falling.  "Tell me he didn't die in vain..."

"Wait, w-what?..." Nathan said, sounding confused and worried.  "What do you mean it's gone?... what happened?..."

"A time loop?" Connie chuckled.  "Yeah right, that's like something straight out of science fiction.  If you're really my ancestor, then how would you prove it to me?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:45 am

Gus was silent, wincing at that question as he rubbed her back. He gently started to guide her to the seat 

Cat shook her head and pressed close to him. She didn't want to talk about that. "The Gamalons were there before us." She said then shook her head again.

Reddy chuckled softly and shook his head "I am not sure how to answer that. Blood tests would work."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:23 am

Stacy staggered a bit as Gus helped her sit down, looking up at her with dread and confusion in her tear-soaked eyes.  "G-Gus?..." she stuttered.  "...answer me, please... tell me that my husband, that Maeve's dad... didn't die for nothing... tell me that one day I'll be able to show her the place where we all grew up, where our peoples have all come from..."

"Oh God, Cat..." Nathan said, tearing up again but this time from grief as he let himself slide down off of her body and onto the ground, then started leading her over towards the spot he'd been waiting for her in for almost three months.  "...I'm so sorry, why would they do something like that?... I thought they wanted to take the Earth for themselves, not destroy it..."

"Blood tests?..." Connie echoed in surprise.  "Wow, you seem... pretty confident about this, actually.  Do you um... do you know of anyone that we could talk to that would be able to verify your word on the matter?  Someone that I would trust but who knows whether your story is true or false?..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:00 am

Gus shook his head "He didn't die for nothing, but I am afraid that no one will ever see the Earth again." He said sadly.

Cat followed him and took a seat then shook her head and looked to Nathan again "They didn't, Dirk ordered the Earth destroyed because we couldn't save it or the people left there." She said and pulled her legs up to wrap her arms around them.

"Well, I had to go by Dirk's word and the information he gave me through the records on Yamato, so I am assuming we could use that. Though Jim or Grace could tell you, since they were there when I was informed." He said with a shrug

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:31 am

"...n-never see the Earth again?..." Stacy echoed.  "Gus, what are you talking about?  What happened?..."

"Oh Cat..." Nathan whimpered softly, wrapping his arms around Cat's chest and his tail around her leg again as he pulled her close to cry with her.  "...I'm so sorry... At least we still have each other, we won't let those mean Gamilons take that away from us..."

Connie glanced around for a moment, looking for a sign of either of those people, and soon spotted Grace making her way down the ramp.  She beckoned for her to come over towards them, curious as to if what Matt was talking about was really true.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:04 am

Gus took a breath then looked to her again "Earth is gone, destroyed." He said just to not draw this out any further.

Cat curled around him as well as she could on the seat. He might see the scar on her wrist as she reached for him

Grace came over to Connie when the other girl waved to her. "Hello Connie, Captain Reddy" She said, dipping her head to both of them.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:34 pm

Stacy was quiet for a moment in shock, then her eyes welled back up and spilled over with tears as she began sobbing, collapsing against Gus as she did so.

"...Cat?... what happened to your arm?..." Nathan asked worriedly.  "...w-who hurt you?..."

"Grace, this guy, Captain Reddy..." Connie started skeptically.  "He's saying that he's a direct ancestor of mine and that he, his crew, and that ship all traveled forwards in time from 2067.  Is any of that true?..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Gus held her gently, rubbing her back in useless circles to try to comfort her. He knew how much of a shock that information was 

Cat sniffed and looked to him then her arm and tried to hide the mark. "I fell and cut myself" She said as she tried to hide her arm.

Grace nodded and smiled a little "Yeah, that was quite the experience and why we were so late, we got caught in a time loop where we kept running into his ship and well, we finally got out of it and finished heading to Earth...did Gus tell you that yet?"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 pm

"Oh Cat, I'm so sorry..." Nathan said softly as Ashley walked up with a very disgusted look on her face.
"It's more than that, Kathrine..." she said in disappointment.  "Cat, Nathan's been waiting for you in this very spot for almost three months, day and night, through thunderstorms, hail, and even a blizzard, not once leaving this courtyard, waiting for your return, and you tried to commit suicide on the way back to him... I don't even know what to say about you anymore..."
"W-what?... C-Cat, d-d-did you really?..."

"Wow, that's... Wait, no, he hasn't told me anything yet.  So how does the Earth look now?  Have the oceans recondensed yet?  Have the plants and animals you guys brought started spreading well enough?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:00 am

Cat flinched and looked to Ashley then shook her head and looked away from her accusing glare. "I didn't cut my arm on purpose." She said then started to try to untangle herself from Nathan only to stop quickly. She had nowhere to go from here. She stilled and looked at the scar, rubbing it and crying still. "No, if I had tried on purpose, I would be dead, cause I would have done both arms and Megan wouldn't have been able to get in in time to save me. But you go ahead Ashley, go ahead and pile more guilt on me for not fighting harder, that's sure to make me not fell so bad." She said, looking to Ashley with anger now. "Not that you can make me feel much worse than they already have." She started struggling to get free again, just wanting to be away from all the fuss and bother and accusations. She didn't even care where, she just wanted away.

Grace frowned and shook her head "You should probably sit down" She said gently, knowing how bad the news was herself.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Ashley was quiet in surprise, though Nathan had started crying again, clinging to Cat tightly and not letting her try to leave, like he thought that she would die if he let her go again.  "Oh Cat, why?... why would you want to let something like that happen?..."

Connie's smile faded a little and she slowly took a seat, saying "What is it?... what happened Grace?..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:24 pm

"Because Earth is gone, daddy and everyone else are gone." Cat said and stopped fighting him to get away. "Ever since we left here I was hurting but I pushed that down because I was going to get to see daddy and save Earth. Then we get there and destroy what was left of Earth and I get the order to delete everything about where our system was so no one can ever go back again. And every battle we lost more fighters or they came back hurt." She said, starting to hiccup "I helped send them out to get killed in battles then patched the jets to send them out again. I tried Nathan. I tried but I had to do something, so I got the cats out and just started throwing things because I didn't know anything else to do. Then I tripped on the blanket and twisted my ankle and landed on something sharp." She said in a rush then sniffed and closed her eyes, bowing her head "The pain stopped but I couldn't move...I know it is impossible, but I talked to daddy until Megan showed up. I wanted to be with him and mommy and not have any more pain"

She stopped for breath though she didn't dare to look at him again yet. "Now, I am no longer a crew member too. I have nothing but you and my cats, Nathan, if I even have them after so long on the ship." It was likely she would die if he let her go at this point. She felt like she had lost everything that mattered, including her friends with the way they treated her now. 

Grace sat with Connie to explain everything that had happened, glossing over most of the trip since it wasn't important, though she went into detail about the time loop and when they reached Earth

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:24 pm

(I'm sitting here crying as I type. I get too invested in my Cat.)

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:17 pm

(I know just how you feel, I was crying as I wrote about Bernie and Dirk's deaths, as well as Thomas' and the past Connie's.  I even get choked up about significant NPCs of mine, plus it doesn't help that I'm pretty emotional too.)

Nathan managed to quiet his crying as Cat poured her heart out to him, but when she was done he immediately started whimpering again.  "Cat, I'm so sorry..." he eventually managed to say.  "I'll never let you go again, I promise.  I'll always be with you from now on... I love you too much to ever want to leave..."

Connie was quiet in shock and disbelief for a while as she listened, her face draining of color as she was told of the horrible events that had unfolded while she had been here.  "...everything's g-gone?..." she eventually said.  "...the kids from the orphanage, the Earth... Dirk... everything?..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Cat buried her face against his shoulder and neck again, just holding him close now as she tried to not sob too much on him. 

Grace nodded and reached for her hand "Yes, it is. I'm sorry Connie" She said gently.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:30 am

Ashley just watched the two of them crying against each other for a moment before sighing heavily and sulking off on her own, heading off to grab Dale before heading over to see what was bothering her mom so much.  She was already starting to feel bad about how quickly she had jumped to a conclusion about what Cat had done and then gone and blurted it out right in her face in front of Nathan.

"...oh my God, no..." Connie muttered softly, slowly collapsing against Grace as she started sobbing openly.  "...b-but the kids, Grace... I p-p-promised I'd c-come back to g-get them..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum