Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

​It is the year 2199.  For the past five years Earth has been under constant attack by forces from the mysterious planet Gamilon.  Earth's self-defense space fleet has been decimated, and deadly 'planet bombs' constantly bombard the surface of the earth, covering it with dangerous radioactive pollution.  No life exists on the barren surface, and all the exposed liquid water has long ago evaporated, leaving the lethal, radioactive air incredibly humid and much of the atmosphere covered in thick clouds.  As a result of the bombings, the only places left fit to survive are in massive underground cities, though soon even those safe havens will fade away.  The radiation is beginning to seep down through the earth's crust and infect the hiding remnants of the human population, and scientists calculate that the earth only has about one year's time left before all life on it is extinguished and it becomes permanently uninhabitable.  What little future the human race has left seems incredibly bleak and empty.

But then... there appears a beacon of hope...

A strange starship crashes near the north end of what used to be the Philippine island chain, and inside is discovered a number of things that can give the earth a fighting chance.  A message from a woman named Queen Starsha of the planet Iskandar saying that there is a ​device called the 'Cosmo DNA' that can cleanse the earth of its radioactive poison and reverse the effects of the Gamilon bombardment.  She also gave the exact coordinates of her home planet Iskandar and where on that planet to find the Cosmo DNA.  There's just one problem.  The trip to Iskandar is a 296,000 light-year round-trip, and earth only has one year left to live.

However, Queen Starsha also provided the humans with detailed designs and instructions for a so-called 'Wave-Motion Engine,' a warp drive that is capable of converting the vacuum of space into tachyon energy, as well as functioning like a normal rocket engine.  It also provides essentially infinite power to the ship and enables the vessel to "ride" the wave of tachyons and travel much,​ much faster than light.  With time running out, the humans quickly build a Wave-Motion Engine into their newest, biggest, and last space battleship, constructed inside the buried hulk of a sea-faring battleship lost in a war more than two and a half centuries ago.  They also find a way to construct a 'Wave-Motion Gun', an immensely powerful weapon which harnesses the power of the WME and directs it through a firing gate in the bow, shooting it in a stream directly forwards. (Because of course we did.  We're humans, we always find a way to turn every good technology into something destructive. Yay us!)  The group operating this new vessel puts out a call all over the world for people to volunteer for the dangerous mission, needing a crew for the vessel and a way to give humanity one last chance; to save Mother Earth and stop the Gamilons once and for all.

What's that?  What's the vessel's name, you ask?...

Space Battleship Yamato.

*cue the following epic montage theme song*

(Yeah, the lyrics are in Japanese.  I don't care, it's still cool as cr#p.  I'm trying to work on getting an accurate translation, and when I do I'll stick it here.)

Rules/Info:

General Site Rules apply, as usual.

If you don't know what Space Battleship Yamato (or 宇宙戦艦ヤマト or Uchū Senkan Yamato)

​is all about​, first of all, have you watched or heard anything at all about great Anime since the 1970's? (XD)  But seriously, if you don't know what it's about, just look it up, and preferably watch at least some of the Anime.  (If you want it in English, look for Star Blazers.  That's the English Dub and the series that the plotline of the RP will be following the closest, at least Star Blazers Season One.)

This RP is going to have a couple somewhat mature (but not necessarily in a bad way) themes throughout, including very deep personal tragedy, funeral scenes for fallen comrades, and desperation caused by the total extinction faced by all of humanity.  There'll still be some more childishly-fun moments here and there, but I'm just giving everyone fair notice.

During the incredibly long, perilous journey that Yamato and her crew will be facing, morale and trust are certain to start wearing thin sooner or later.  Some crew will want to keep going, some will want to turn back and return to earth, mid-way through the trip, and some will want to decide to basically say 'screw earth!' and just take Yamato off and find another habitable planet that her crew can colonize to re-start the human race.  Fights won't happen immediately, but they will likely be inevitable.

There will be plenty of older girls and younger women onboard Yamato, as a matter of fact they will likely slightly outnumber the men.  This is intentional because, since the EDF was thinking ahead when they looked over the volunteer applications, they planned it out so that should Yamato fail to save the earth in time they would be well-equipped and have sufficient females to colonize a new planet and restart the human race elsewhere.  Even though they're girls and young women, that doesn't mean they won't be expected to pull their weight as crewmembers.

Romance: People can start getting very lonely in space surprisingly fast.  Romance will definitely be a thing that may set in very quickly, but remember that a fair few of the people still alive will have a tragic past to some degree, some will be worse off than others, and some won't reveal anything unless given some nudging from someone trying to get close to them.

There are no free rides on Yamato, everyone has a job.  That being said, they might later find a stowaway or two who, after being punished, will end up becoming a part of the crew so they aren't just a waste of food and air, and because Yamato WILL steadily end up taking casualties along the way  and therefore there'll be jobs to fill.  She'll leave with over a thousand crew, but (if she returns at all) she'll be left with only a fraction of that still alive.  Anyways, there's a lot of different positions that need to be filled on a space battleship, especially one as massive as Yamato.  I've listed everything I can think of below:

Captain (Taken)
Executive Officer (XO, second-in-command, would also have another officer's position on top of that.)
Communications (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Navigation (2 officers, one of whom acts as Helmsman (the guy that actually steers the vessel) + normal crewmembers)
Tactical (All the ship's weapons and other combat systems, like countermeasures) (1 chief officer + 2 officers beneath them + normal crewmembers, mostly gunners.)
RADAR/ Sensors (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Damage Control/repair (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Engineering (1 chief officer + 1 officer beneath them + normal crewmembers)
Medical (1 officer (the ship's surgeon/main doctor) + nurses)
Galley (The ship's mess hall, also in charge of growing more food for the crew in the greenhouses) (1 officer (the head chef) + a few mess attendants)
Aircraft (Yamato carries one elite fighter squadron, the Black Tigers (Call signs Black 1 through Black 12), one squadron of heavy attack aircraft, the Vipers (Viper 1 through Viper 12), and a number of other craft, like small transports, survey ships (basically large, multi-seat fighters with less weapons and more protection and other systems like scanning equipment), landing craft, etc.  Each attack squadron is led by one officer and the rest of the pilots are normal crewmembers.  Black 1 (the leader of the Black Tigers) is taken.)
Maintenance (Like Damage Control/Repair, but is instead in charge of fixing things in less-than-life-or-death situations and just keeping everything running in general) (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Security/Space Marines (1 chief officer + 2 beneath them + normal crewmembers)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

I've been gone from the internet for a while, finally returning.  I had been having some serious morality troubles with what I was using this great tool for, and had to temporarily cut myself off completely and do some deep thinking.  I'm back now, and I'm a changed young man.
Please go give her a look!
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR, BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY.
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Cat sighed and stopped trying to move since it was pointless anyway. "I put the cats out so I could be angry without hurting them. I wanted to throw things and cry and just let my emotions take over" She said then tried to swallow though her throat was dry. "Do you have water?" If she was going to have to talk she wanted water though she didn't really want to talk at all.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Megan glanced to the nurse in charge, who nodded her approval and soon brought Cat a small cup of cool water to wet her throat with.  "Go on," Megan encouraged.  "That would have been somewhat okay on its own, but something else must have happened."

I've been gone from the internet for a while, finally returning.  I had been having some serious morality troubles with what I was using this great tool for, and had to temporarily cut myself off completely and do some deep thinking.  I'm back now, and I'm a changed young man.
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Cat drank the water though she couldn't take much at one time. She nodded and pointed to her leg "The blanket got wrapped around my legs somehow, I tripped and twisted it or something and landed on something I broke." She said then drank some more water then set the cup aside. "Then I gave up cause I wanted mom and dad and I don't want to fight anymore. It hurts too much...then to not even have a gravemarker..." She started to get upset again, looking to the iv and bandages and thinking of pulling them off despite the tears that welled in her eyes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:14 am

"You don't think I miss my mom?" Megan said, starting to tear up a bit herself.  "You don't think I've wanted to quit sometimes?  Well I do, and I have, but every time I decide that I can't just give up, because other people need me, because other people depend on me and care about me.  If you wanna just lay down and give up, then fine.  Train yourself up a replacement, and I'll have you discharged as soon as we reach Nekomura.  Then you can go be with Nathan and Ashley and the other kids, and we'll keep doing what has to get done."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:07 am

Cat just stared at her as she spoke, tears flowing once again. The words hurt her but she couldn't say anything so she simply made herself turn away, laying on her side and curling up as well as she could. She was still a kid but she didn't have the will or energy to fight back. Megan's words only confirming to her that she was replaceable here. Her shoulders shook though her crying was quiet, the loudest sound her trying to get her breath. "Th-then wh-why bother saving m-me?"

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:21 am

"Because it's the right thing to do," Megan said.  "Because you're one of the few friends I have left.  Because Nathan would never be himself again if something happened to you.  It's already going to be hard enough when we get back and Shrelle finds that Marcus is in a coma, he's lost his other leg and one arm.  Shrelle's already gonna be devastated, we don't need to have Nathan hurting even worse than her."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:35 am

Cat sniffed and moved one hand to her heart, covering it. Nathan...it hurt to think of him. How could she look at him again? It wouldn't be fair to him to saddle him with her problems. Her eyes closed as sleep claimed her again. Her body needed to heal as much as her mind did.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:45 am

Megan sighed as she watched Cat settle down to sleep, deciding to let her try and rest as she turned around and started heading towards the aft torpedo bay for Dirk's funeral ceremony.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:53 am

Most of the crew would be there for the ceremony, Starr standing at the front as the surviving family member. She was holding the picture of him and his first family, having replaced the frame since the other was broken. 

Scotty was in the crowd along with Gus. Neither was happy with the circumstances, though Gus had gone to take his anger out on the punching bags in the gym. 

Grace, as first officer, was on the bridge so that Jim could be there for the funeral and to help keep watch for any lingering Gamelons.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:33 am

Jim watched quietly as the casket torpedo was carefully brought in and placed on the rails that led up to the launch tube, then the honor guard retreated respectfully as Jim stepped up.  "Today... we're going to be taking part in something that all of us saw coming, but none of us ever wanted to have to deal with.  Today, we're going to be laying Fleet Admiral Dirk William Hodges to rest, as we leave what used to be our home system.  We haven't just lost our CO today, Dirk was much more than that to all of us.  He was a leader, an inspiration to many of us, he was a caring husband, a loving new father, and a fiercely loyal friend..."  He had to stop for a moment and deal with the tears staining his eyes and recover from becoming quite choked up about the whole thing, then he quietly continued.  "Though he lost his first wife Mary nearly two decades ago, and his first son Robert just over a year ago, he is survived today by his wife, our own ship's surgeon, Mrs. Starr Loretta (Right middle name?) Jennings, and their two children on Nekomura, Julia Marx and James Elliot Hodges.  Starr, I believe you wanted to say a few words?..."

~~~
"...man, I still can't really believe that we came all this way for nothing..." Jenkins said, his voice carrying a mix of rage and grief.  "I mean... we've lost almost the entire Earth-born human race now... there's only, what... 52 humans left in the universe that were either born on the Earth or born to parents that came from the Earth, and most of them are right here on the Yamato... what's even the point anymore?..."  He turned around and looked to Grace, searching for some kind of wisdom or guidance from the older woman.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:35 pm

(I have no idea what to say)
Starr moved to take the center stage so to speak and spoke about Dirk, the Yamato and everyone they had lost along the way. She didn't want any of them to be forgotten and wanted this place to be a memorial for all of them, even though they could never return here again. When she was through, she moved to take her place again, crying softly.

~~~
Grace looked to him then shook her head "No, it wasn't for nothing, we are alive and still free. If we hadn't fought and tried then this war would never end, as it is now they only have one ship of their kind left, while we have a planet of humans as well as ourselves and those left on Nekomara, and the friends we have made on the way. No Jenkins, this was not for nothing despite our losses." She said with passion "The point is that we live and we will continue to live free. We will not be a race of slaves to them."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:34 am

(Yeah, neither would I. lol)
Jim gently put his arm around Starr's shoulder to try and comfort her as several of the others went up and spoke briefly about their late Commanding Officer, including Maria, Matt, Silva, and Megan, but eventually Jim spoke up once again.  "I think it's time that we call the ceremony to a close and lay our old Skipper to rest.  All present, atten-hut!"  Everyone there quickly snapped to attention, and Jim said "Commander Scott, if you would, sound off," giving Scotty his cue to begin playing Amazing Grace on his bagpipes.

~~~
"Yeah, but that's the thing, we're barely a race at all anymore..." he continued to argue.  "There's barely anyone left in the universe that's ever even seen or been on the Earth, and once we're gone, then that's it.  All the memories and the history of Earth after the Olympians left is gone, just like the planet.  We might not even be able to save the population of Olympia either.  Who even knows if they'll be able to reverse what's happened to Iscandar's star and the planet itself.  If we can't manage to pull off that miracle, then we'll have lost everything.  The Olympians will lose their people, and they'll slowly die out with nobody left to follow their faith, and there won't be anything we can do about it..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:59 am

Scotty nodded and came forward to start playing. He had been honored to have the chance to play for the captain one more time.

~~~
Grace looked to him again "We must keep our hope. We may be the last earthlings, but that does not mean we have to give up our knowledge or our way of living. We can teach our children even if they will never know what our earth was like."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:16 am

Jim was only barely able to keep himself from crying along with Starr as Dirk's casket torpedo was slowly slid down the rails and into the launch tube, Scotty's tune playing proudly and everyone else in the room throwing a stiff salute as it went.  As it reached its destination and the tube door slowly slid shut, Scotty was just finishing the first verse of the song, and Jim bowed his head for a moment, then gave a simple, small nod to the crewman who was tasked with sending Dirk off, and in reply he very professionally locked in the unique tracking data that would have the torpedo fly itself into the debris field of what was left of Earth, stabilize itself to remain floating with that field even as it orbited Sol, then shut itself down and remain there.  From then, all it took was the press of a single button and, via the view screens, everyone on the ship would be able to watch the lone torpedo fire out of its tube in the stern and streak away, carrying Dirk's body to its eternal resting place.  As it streaked away, the three surviving Neko destroyers fired off a salvo upwards from each of their main guns, as did the Walker, and the Yamato fired off her main battery guns in a three-salvo salute as well.

~~~
Jenkins was going to keep arguing further, but he paused and watched when he could see the torpedo casket streak off from behind them, and as he saw and heard the saluting gunfire from each of the ships still with them.  "I still can't believe he's really gone... I mean, of all the people to lose, why'd it have to be the Skipper?..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Starr had to sit down, unable to stay standing. She was crying too much to stay upright. She just wanted him to be with her and alive and healthy so they could raise their kids together, not that that could happen.

~~~
Grace sighed, saluting the torpedo casket as it sped off to the remains of the Earth. "I know, it's hard to lose him now."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:39 am

Jim sat down with Starr to continue holding her, knowing that she really needed the comfort and compassion more than any of them did, even himself.  He said a short prayer aloud, then called the ceremony to a close, telling everyone still present to return to their posts and pass on the order to continue onwards towards Nekomura at best possible speed.  By the time everyone else was gone, Jim as still sitting there on the floor holding Starr in his arms, and had started softly weeping along with her.

~~~
"Yeah, it's almost like the universe has some kind of issue with us Earthlings being happy or prosperous anymore..." Jenkins huffed as the other bridge officers started returning to their posts, with Silva relaying Jim's orders on to Grace before taking his chair.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:04 am

Starr held to him as Jim started to cry also. She knew he cared about Dirk as much as she did, many of the crew did, he was just that kind of captain.

~~~
Grace nodded and made sure the other ships were coordinated and that they were watching for any last Gamelons as they moved away from there for the last time.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:32 am

Two weeks later, on August 21st, the EDS Yamato, USS Walker, HMS Shimakaze, HMS Minekaze, and HMS Okikaze finally warped into their new home system of Nekomura, all of them tired, worn, and in serious need of relief for their crews.

"Well... here we are..." Jim said with a sigh as he watched the planet before them grow closer and closer.  "We're finally home..."

~~~
Nathan was still waiting stubbornly for Cat's return at that same spot at the spaceport, still feeling worried but not yet having given up hope.

Connie was there as well, sitting next to Nathan with James and Julia in each of her arms.  Her belly was incredibly swollen and round from her pregnancy, since she was now at 276 days on her gestation.  She, unlike Nathan, was a complete nervous wreck inside.  She was due to give birth any day now, and the Yamato was closing in on being three months overdue without any sort of contact being made to explain it, and everyone was starting to wonder if she had succeeded at all or if she had been lost.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:22 am

Grace nodded and looked at the growing planet then looked over to Jenkins to have him send a message on that they were coming in finally.

Cat was better if not back to her happy self again. She did her job but Megan's words that day had really hit her hard and she couldn't forget them, that she was that replaceable. She didn't want to leave the crew and she didn't want to die now, but she was still depressed.

~~~
Jess was there also, more to keep an eye on Connie and the babies than anything else. After all, the ones here she knew much better than those in space. 

Shrelle was there, waiting with Nathan. She kept looking to the sky nervously. Three months over due was a long time to wait.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:33 am

Jenkins nodded his understanding and acknowledgement of the order Grace had given him, then immediately went to work on getting it done.

Jim, meanwhile, got up from his command chair and, a few minutes later, knocked on the door to Cat's quarters.  "Kathrine?... May I come in and have a word with you for a moment?..."

~~~
Connie would be the first of the group to see anything out of the ordinary, and it would be in the form of the ancient frigate USS Walker breaking through the cloud layer above them and slowly coasting towards a landing in one of the hangers adjacent to the one that the Yamato was supposed to come to rest in.  She was followed shortly afterwards by the three surviving neko destroyers, and Connie arched an eyebrow in curiosity at the sight of such an old Earth vessel this far from the planet.  "Okay, the DDs are here, maybe that's a good sign... but what the hell is that thing doing here?..." she said, pointing towards the Walker as it approached its landing spot.  "I've only ever seen a Lambda class in history records, and what's that big thing on the belly?..."

~~~
"My God, skipper..." Grey mumbled in amazement as he looked over the alien world they were coming down onto.  "This is... this is incredible..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:05 pm

"Come in" Cat said, looking to the door then moving Quicksilver to the pillow and off her lap to stand up. They had replaced the door, but she hadn't used the lock except when she showered so that Megan wouldn't get onto her again. 

~~~
Shrelle looked to the strange vessel curiously but kept looking for the Yamato also. She wanted to see Marcus and find out why they were so late getting back. Her tails twitched as she stood up. "It has to be a good sign"

Jess reached over to take one or both of the infants so that Connie could have her hands free and greet her husband when the Yamato arrived finally. 

~~~~
Reddy nodded, looking out over the world with no little curiosity and awe. This planet was amazing from what he could see.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:33 am

"Good morning Kathrine..." Jim said as he made his way into the room and sat down on her bed next to her.  "So we're finally coming in for a landing at Nekomura.  I've been watching the progress of you training up DeSanta as your first subordinate, and I've been thinking about your... incident as we were leaving Earth and the recommendations that Lieutenant-Commander Fisher made to me on that subject in the aftermath of that, and... Well, I'm here to tell you that I've decided to give you an honorable discharge from the crew of the Yamato and from the Earth Defense Force, effective immediately.  You're a great girl and a hard worker, Cat, but I can't in good conscience keep you here with your psyche in the condition that its in, so I'm letting you go.  I know you've got pretty much the only person left in the galaxy that truly cares about you and that you truly care about waiting down there for you, and I know that its better for you to just be able to stay here with Nathan and live out the rest of your life where you can be relatively happy.  There have already been too many families and relationships torn apart by this war, and if I can prevent one more from finding the same fate then I'm glad to do it."

~~~
"Yeah, you're right," Ashley said hopefully as she watched her mother hand one of the kids off to Jess and the other to Joey.  The parrot girl glanced to Dale with a happy sigh and wrapped her arm around his waist as she, Shrelle, Connie, and especially Nathan all scanned the sky intently, searching for any sign of the ship they hoped would be returning with their loved ones.

~~~
"Sh#t, they weren't kidding cap'..." the Walker's navigator said as the helmsman carefully guided the ship down and into the hanger and gently set her down on the skids.  "It really is a whole bloody-great planet full of them furry little 'nekos'... And did you see this city?  And this spaceport?  I mean, feckin' hell, everything's just so sodding huge!  How do ya even make a building that big in the first place, let alone make it strong enough to hold up a whole buncha big heavy starships without collapsing on itself?..."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:19 am

Cat frowned and looked away at that. The worst part of this all was that she didn't want to leave the ship, but there was nothing she could do and she knew that. "But what about Iskandar and the Olympian's planet?" She asked quietly. 

~~
Shrelle motioned to the Yamato as she started to come down to join the other ships. "There she is" She said happily, glad to see the familiar shape. 

~~~
"Well, that is something to ask about." Reddy said, making sure they were fully landed before having everything shut down so the crew would be able to explore later on with the warnings they had been given in mind.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:11 am

"Those will be the next destinations for the rest of us and this vessel," Jim said.  "With the Gamilons hurt so badly, our other allies the Olympians and their human subjects are our next priorities."

~~~
"Oh thank God..." Connie, Ashley, and Nathan all said at once, breathing a large sigh of relief as they saw that the ship appeared entirely undamaged, save for a few small scuffs and burns from stray small caliber shots that hit but did no damage against her thick, armored hull.

~~~
"You gonna go try to find that great times eight granddaughter of yours that is apparently here, sir?..." Grey asked curiously.

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:36 am

Cat sighed and sat down, nodding a little then picking up Ebony to pet her. She frowned as she did that then looked to him again after a minute "I feel like I am leaving things undone." She said softly then sighed and shook her head "But to all of you I am just replaceable." She added then set the cat down to walk away from him as far as she could in the little room, hugging herself. 

~~~
Shrelle's tails were almost twisted around themselves as she waited for the ship to land so they could go and see their loved ones. She was practically bouncing in place

~~~
"Yes, I am." Reddy said and grinned "Family is important and it isn't everyday you get to defy time and meet someone so long removed from your place in history." He said ans stood, looking out the viewer to the spaceport "I wouldn't be surprised if she is waiting for her husband at the dock right now."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:50 am

"No Cat, that's not true," Jim said with a sigh as he went over and put his arm around her shoulders.  "It's not that you're easily replaceable, because you aren't.  You've been training up someone to be able to take your place in an emergency ever since we lost Stephon, it's taken us all that long to get someone else up to your level of qualification.  You're a great mechanic, Kathrine, and you're important to us, but I know that you're more important to at least one very special little boy, and you're already been through far more than anyone like you deserves to be put through.  That's why I'm discharging you, you understand?..."  Jim glanced up and around them when he flew and heard the firm jolt of the Yamato settling down onto its massive landing legs, then smiled and patted Cat on the back a little.  "And there's what I've been waiting for, we're home now."  He stood back up fully and his voice took on a slightly joking tone to it, and he said "Now get on out of here you.  Go and see your soulmate Nathan, that's an order.  Think of it as your last order, so you can always know you left the crew of this ship on a high note, a happy one."

~~~
Rachael Slattery was one of the first ones to come down the boarding ramp, though what Shrelle would see her holding onto (or rather holding onto her) would likely make her blood run cold.  Marcus was there, his one remaining arm wrapped up and around Rachael's shoulders, his left arm gone starting halfway between his elbow and where his wrist had been.  What had once been his good leg was also gone, though at least this time he still had his own knee joint, whereas with his left leg he'd lost it up near his pelvis, though not quite at the actual joint like where Ashley had lost hers.  He definitely stumbled as he walked down the ramp, but his eyes were scanning the crowd until they locked onto Shrelle.  His eyes teared up and his mouth curled upwards in a happy grin, like nothing else that had happened mattered anymore, all because he could see the girl he'd fallen in love with waiting there for him.

~~~
"Yeah, there seems to be quite a few people down there waiting for the Yamato," Grey agreed.  "Hey, look at them... there's two eagle kids each holding... I think those are human babies... and the blonde girl next to them with the really long hair, you think that might be her?... holy balls, is she pregnant, look at that!"  He chuckled a bit as he pointed it out to his CO.  "She looks like she's just gone and swallowed a whole watermelon or something!"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum