Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

​It is the year 2199.  For the past five years Earth has been under constant attack by forces from the mysterious planet Gamilon.  Earth's self-defense space fleet has been decimated, and deadly 'planet bombs' constantly bombard the surface of the earth, covering it with dangerous radioactive pollution.  No life exists on the barren surface, and all the exposed liquid water has long ago evaporated, leaving the lethal, radioactive air incredibly humid and much of the atmosphere covered in thick clouds.  As a result of the bombings, the only places left fit to survive are in massive underground cities, though soon even those safe havens will fade away.  The radiation is beginning to seep down through the earth's crust and infect the hiding remnants of the human population, and scientists calculate that the earth only has about one year's time left before all life on it is extinguished and it becomes permanently uninhabitable.  What little future the human race has left seems incredibly bleak and empty.

But then... there appears a beacon of hope...

A strange starship crashes near the north end of what used to be the Philippine island chain, and inside is discovered a number of things that can give the earth a fighting chance.  A message from a woman named Queen Starsha of the planet Iskandar saying that there is a ​device called the 'Cosmo DNA' that can cleanse the earth of its radioactive poison and reverse the effects of the Gamilon bombardment.  She also gave the exact coordinates of her home planet Iskandar and where on that planet to find the Cosmo DNA.  There's just one problem.  The trip to Iskandar is a 296,000 light-year round-trip, and earth only has one year left to live.

However, Queen Starsha also provided the humans with detailed designs and instructions for a so-called 'Wave-Motion Engine,' a warp drive that is capable of converting the vacuum of space into tachyon energy, as well as functioning like a normal rocket engine.  It also provides essentially infinite power to the ship and enables the vessel to "ride" the wave of tachyons and travel much,​ much faster than light.  With time running out, the humans quickly build a Wave-Motion Engine into their newest, biggest, and last space battleship, constructed inside the buried hulk of a sea-faring battleship lost in a war more than two and a half centuries ago.  They also find a way to construct a 'Wave-Motion Gun', an immensely powerful weapon which harnesses the power of the WME and directs it through a firing gate in the bow, shooting it in a stream directly forwards. (Because of course we did.  We're humans, we always find a way to turn every good technology into something destructive. Yay us!)  The group operating this new vessel puts out a call all over the world for people to volunteer for the dangerous mission, needing a crew for the vessel and a way to give humanity one last chance; to save Mother Earth and stop the Gamilons once and for all.

What's that?  What's the vessel's name, you ask?...

Space Battleship Yamato.

*cue the following epic montage theme song*

(Yeah, the lyrics are in Japanese.  I don't care, it's still cool as cr#p.  I'm trying to work on getting an accurate translation, and when I do I'll stick it here.)

Rules/Info:

General Site Rules apply, as usual.

If you don't know what Space Battleship Yamato (or 宇宙戦艦ヤマト or Uchū Senkan Yamato)

​is all about​, first of all, have you watched or heard anything at all about great Anime since the 1970's? (XD)  But seriously, if you don't know what it's about, just look it up, and preferably watch at least some of the Anime.  (If you want it in English, look for Star Blazers.  That's the English Dub and the series that the plotline of the RP will be following the closest, at least Star Blazers Season One.)

This RP is going to have a couple somewhat mature (but not necessarily in a bad way) themes throughout, including very deep personal tragedy, funeral scenes for fallen comrades, and desperation caused by the total extinction faced by all of humanity.  There'll still be some more childishly-fun moments here and there, but I'm just giving everyone fair notice.

During the incredibly long, perilous journey that Yamato and her crew will be facing, morale and trust are certain to start wearing thin sooner or later.  Some crew will want to keep going, some will want to turn back and return to earth, mid-way through the trip, and some will want to decide to basically say 'screw earth!' and just take Yamato off and find another habitable planet that her crew can colonize to re-start the human race.  Fights won't happen immediately, but they will likely be inevitable.

There will be plenty of older girls and younger women onboard Yamato, as a matter of fact they will likely slightly outnumber the men.  This is intentional because, since the EDF was thinking ahead when they looked over the volunteer applications, they planned it out so that should Yamato fail to save the earth in time they would be well-equipped and have sufficient females to colonize a new planet and restart the human race elsewhere.  Even though they're girls and young women, that doesn't mean they won't be expected to pull their weight as crewmembers.

Romance: People can start getting very lonely in space surprisingly fast.  Romance will definitely be a thing that may set in very quickly, but remember that a fair few of the people still alive will have a tragic past to some degree, some will be worse off than others, and some won't reveal anything unless given some nudging from someone trying to get close to them.

There are no free rides on Yamato, everyone has a job.  That being said, they might later find a stowaway or two who, after being punished, will end up becoming a part of the crew so they aren't just a waste of food and air, and because Yamato WILL steadily end up taking casualties along the way  and therefore there'll be jobs to fill.  She'll leave with over a thousand crew, but (if she returns at all) she'll be left with only a fraction of that still alive.  Anyways, there's a lot of different positions that need to be filled on a space battleship, especially one as massive as Yamato.  I've listed everything I can think of below:

Captain (Taken)
Executive Officer (XO, second-in-command, would also have another officer's position on top of that.)
Communications (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Navigation (2 officers, one of whom acts as Helmsman (the guy that actually steers the vessel) + normal crewmembers)
Tactical (All the ship's weapons and other combat systems, like countermeasures) (1 chief officer + 2 officers beneath them + normal crewmembers, mostly gunners.)
RADAR/ Sensors (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Damage Control/repair (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Engineering (1 chief officer + 1 officer beneath them + normal crewmembers)
Medical (1 officer (the ship's surgeon/main doctor) + nurses)
Galley (The ship's mess hall, also in charge of growing more food for the crew in the greenhouses) (1 officer (the head chef) + a few mess attendants)
Aircraft (Yamato carries one elite fighter squadron, the Black Tigers (Call signs Black 1 through Black 12), one squadron of heavy attack aircraft, the Vipers (Viper 1 through Viper 12), and a number of other craft, like small transports, survey ships (basically large, multi-seat fighters with less weapons and more protection and other systems like scanning equipment), landing craft, etc.  Each attack squadron is led by one officer and the rest of the pilots are normal crewmembers.  Black 1 (the leader of the Black Tigers) is taken.)
Maintenance (Like Damage Control/Repair, but is instead in charge of fixing things in less-than-life-or-death situations and just keeping everything running in general) (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Security/Space Marines (1 chief officer + 2 beneath them + normal crewmembers)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

I've been gone from the internet for a while, finally returning.  I had been having some serious morality troubles with what I was using this great tool for, and had to temporarily cut myself off completely and do some deep thinking.  I'm back now, and I'm a changed young man.
Please go give her a look!
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR, BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY.
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Patrick smiled when he saw the group entering and stood to go greet them, shaking all their hands and giving brief, compassionate hugs to Jim and Silva, since they'd lost a wife and a sister, respectively, in the destruction of the Earth.  When that was done he went and sat back down behind his desk as the earthlings took their seats before him, and sighed as he said "Now then, I know we have much to do has, so where should we start?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Patrick smiled when he saw the group entering and stood to go greet them, shaking all their hands and giving brief, compassionate hugs to Jim and Silva, since they'd lost a wife and a sister, respectively, in the destruction of the Earth.  When that was done he went and sat back down behind his desk as the earthlings took their seats before him, and sighed as he said "Now then, I know we have much to do has, so where should we start?"
Reddy looked to Jim then shrugged lightly "We have to at least get started on getting the humans moved to Iskandar to help both planets. Maybe we can split up and one of us does that while the other goes after the last of the gamalons?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:46 am

"Well yes, of course," Jim replied as Patrick and Silva nodded their agreement.  "But the question is more of who gets sent where in what vessels?  I mean, obviously Scotty is going to be heading up the planetary evacuation mission, but other than that nothing has been decided for sure.  Do we and the Yamato all go with you there, or does she stay here to protect Nekomura or go spearhead the pursuit of the Gamilons?  Do I and the rest of my command staff all stay aboard her where they're used to being, or do we spread ourselves out as commanders throughout the fleet?"  He then glanced to Reddy thoughtfully and added "And what of your old greyhound Walker?  What are we going to be doing with her?"

I've been gone from the internet for a while, finally returning.  I had been having some serious morality troubles with what I was using this great tool for, and had to temporarily cut myself off completely and do some deep thinking.  I'm back now, and I'm a changed young man.
Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:17 am

Reddy shrugged a little at that "Well, my girl may be old, but she could still fight those Gamelons if needed. Most likely we could mix crews, those that don't want to fight can help with the resettlement and those who still want to fight can start the search for the leftover enemies. It would not be safe or fair to have all the generals and leaders on one ship together. Never put all your eggs in one basket and all that."

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:53 am

"Yeah, I can definitely agree with that," Jim said.  "She may be old and slow, but she can still dish out some serious pain.  I've watched her and that Gauss Cannon in action, it was truly spectacular."  Patrick nodded his understanding and turned to Reddy, adding "I've been having my best shipwrights toiling over the design schematics for your vessel all night, and I'm proud to say that they've determined it would be possible to give her a major retrofit that, primarily, would modernize the power and propulsion systems and, most importantly, give her warp capabilities on par with even our fastest destroyers.  Now this would take some time, at least three weeks, but we'd also be able to use that time to upgrade most of the other subsystems, particularly the computers, as well as retrain you and your crew on how to operate a warp vessel, so I think it would be well worth the time investment.  Would that be something you'd be accepting of, giving the Walker a brand new lease on life?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:14 am

Reddy smiled at that then chuckled "Fastest old girl of our time, yeah, I wouldn't mind taking that title again if we can." He said with a nod. Yeah, he didn't much like being the slowest and having to be towed through warp jumps, besides that did look like it would be fun to learn that new tech.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:37 am

Patrick and Jim both smiled at hearing that, and Patrick reached over to his communications panel and spoke to someone for a moment, telling them to begin consulting with the Walker's chief engineer and proceed with the next stage of the vessel's retrofit and modernization.  "Now, next up, what should we do with that Cosmo DNA machine and all the living cargo you folks picked up at Olympus?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:17 pm

"Well the cosmo DNA machine is useless to us unless it can somehow save Iscandar" Reddy said with a shrug. He frowned as he said that, trying to think of what should be done. 

"We should give it back to Starsha" Grace said softly. "She entrusted it to us to try to save Earth, that can't happen now, so we should take it back to her. As she said, it is dangerous technology."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:32 pm

"Did she really?" Jim asked in confusion.  "I know she said that the Wave Motion technology was dangerous, but all that Cosmo DNA machine does is essentially act as an environmental Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser.  It definitely won't help Iskandar, but I don't think we'd need to waste a ship bringing it back to Queen Starsha.  That same weight and space could be used instead for something else like food and supplies, or a few hundred people from Olympus."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:29 pm

"Didn't she?" Grace asked with a frown. "That was the whole point in us almost losing the opportunity to take the Cosmo DNA in the first place, wasn't it?" So much had happened in a relatively short period of time that she could easily be getting confused.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Jim was quiet for a moment in thought, then sighed and shook his head a bit.  "I don't really even know for sure anymore, honestly.  There's been so much going on in the past year I think it's starting to get hard to keep track.  I don't really think that we should go to the effort of bringing it back on the first trip, but I'm sure we aught to ask her if she would like it back when we get there."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Grace sighed and nodded "Alright. That sounds good to me." She said honestly. She herself was no longer sure what was said before about which thing. Maybe the don't tell others thing was about the wave motion gun and it's tech? The strain of this year and the war and so much loss was showing in all of them by now.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:13 am

Everyone else nodded their agreement to Grace's conclusion, then Patrick spoke back up with "Alright, I believe the last main thing we need to discuss here is how to handle the efforts of evacuating Oympus. As you all likely know, there are a huge volume of commercial and military pilots and captains who are willing to volunteer to be sent to Iskandar and take command of the ships Queen Starsha has, and no shortage of engineers willing to come along to help work on them, but how should we go about doing this all? Should we just send one group to Iskandar to retrieve the vessels, then evacuate all of Olympus at once, or should we send some people to Iskandar to get the ships, and then some others in our own vessels to Olympus in the mean time to start the evacuation ourselves?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:10 pm

"If we send people to Olympus, Scotty should go with them, just to let him stay with (what was her name?)" Grace said with a small smile. She thought that was cute.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:07 am

(Maya was the goddess that Scotty is having babies with, lol)

"Well yes, of course whatever happens Scotty will be heading to Olympus to help coordinate the work being done there," Jim said, sending a teasing glance to his chief engineer.  "After all, he's got a very special woman and two little, if only relatively speaking, girls waiting there for him."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Scotty couldn't help blushing and looking away at that comment. He knew what they were hinting at, obviously, but he still wasn't used to being the center of attention.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:09 am

"Well I suppose it would likely be your choice then, Commander Scott," Patrick said as he looked towards the young man seated across from him. "Shall we send some of our own ships directly to Olympus, or have everyone go to Iskandar, and would you be heading straight to Olympus in the latter scenario, or staying with our people to coordinate the readying of the Queen's donated vessels?"

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:46 am

Scotty looked at the others gathered in that room then looked down at his hands in his lap "I have been torn on such choices for a while. My training says I should go to Iskandar to help with the ships, but my heart wants to go to Myra, despite that I promised not to leave her again once I returned." He said quietly. He was quiet a bit longer then sighed and nodded "I would go to Olympus and have some sent straight to Iskandar for the ships. By going to Olympus, I can help the people there start to be prepared to leave the only world they have known."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:24 am

Patrick nodded his acknowledgement. "I understand completely, Commander Scott," he said. "I've already taken the liberty of commissioning the fastest courier ship I could have called back here to the planet on short order for the task of getting you, and whoever else you feel you should bring along with you to help, from here to Olympus as quickly as possible. The Torrens might not be the most luxurious of vessels, but she's fast enough to make your handsome little head spin. I still have no idea how Captain Diane Verlaine does it, but somehow with that ship she could get you from here to Olympus in about three days, whereas your Yamato takes three weeks to make the same journey."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:11 am

Scotty smiled at that and dipped his head in thanks before looking to Jim, the one who really had say in what he could or couldn't do and ho could or could not come with them on the courier ship.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Jim smiled at his chief engineer and said "Scotty, by a means, you have my full permission to go straight to Olympus and to bring along anyone you feel would be more helpful to you there than they would be serving somewhere else. I trust your judgement, and I'm sure that you'll make wise decisions on who to take along."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Scotty smiled and looked to Jim then around at the others "I would have to think of who to take, if anyone wants to come with me. I would only take volunteers with me." He said with  nod.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:18 am

"Of course you would, Scotty," Jim chuckled. "Never one to force anyone into doing anything. I'm sure you'll get enough people who volunteer to help, a lot of those we have left would be eager to go and help the remnants of our race survive."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:24 am

Scotty smiled at that and stayed silent, thinking about all they had been through and about going to see Myra again. He did miss her, more than he had thought he would.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:55 am

"Well I believe that's about everything I felt we needed to discuss," Patrick said, standing to go and shake everyone's hands. "I'll let you folks all get to work, doing what you need to do. What we a need you to do."

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Reddy and Scotty stood to shake his hand. Scotty was already thinking about who he would try to ask about going straight to Olympia with him, if they wanted and could.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top