Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

​It is the year 2199.  For the past five years Earth has been under constant attack by forces from the mysterious planet Gamilon.  Earth's self-defense space fleet has been decimated, and deadly 'planet bombs' constantly bombard the surface of the earth, covering it with dangerous radioactive pollution.  No life exists on the barren surface, and all the exposed liquid water has long ago evaporated, leaving the lethal, radioactive air incredibly humid and much of the atmosphere covered in thick clouds.  As a result of the bombings, the only places left fit to survive are in massive underground cities, though soon even those safe havens will fade away.  The radiation is beginning to seep down through the earth's crust and infect the hiding remnants of the human population, and scientists calculate that the earth only has about one year's time left before all life on it is extinguished and it becomes permanently uninhabitable.  What little future the human race has left seems incredibly bleak and empty.

But then... there appears a beacon of hope...

A strange starship crashes near the north end of what used to be the Philippine island chain, and inside is discovered a number of things that can give the earth a fighting chance.  A message from a woman named Queen Starsha of the planet Iskandar saying that there is a ​device called the 'Cosmo DNA' that can cleanse the earth of its radioactive poison and reverse the effects of the Gamilon bombardment.  She also gave the exact coordinates of her home planet Iskandar and where on that planet to find the Cosmo DNA.  There's just one problem.  The trip to Iskandar is a 296,000 light-year round-trip, and earth only has one year left to live.

However, Queen Starsha also provided the humans with detailed designs and instructions for a so-called 'Wave-Motion Engine,' a warp drive that is capable of converting the vacuum of space into tachyon energy, as well as functioning like a normal rocket engine.  It also provides essentially infinite power to the ship and enables the vessel to "ride" the wave of tachyons and travel much,​ much faster than light.  With time running out, the humans quickly build a Wave-Motion Engine into their newest, biggest, and last space battleship, constructed inside the buried hulk of a sea-faring battleship lost in a war more than two and a half centuries ago.  They also find a way to construct a 'Wave-Motion Gun', an immensely powerful weapon which harnesses the power of the WME and directs it through a firing gate in the bow, shooting it in a stream directly forwards. (Because of course we did.  We're humans, we always find a way to turn every good technology into something destructive. Yay us!)  The group operating this new vessel puts out a call all over the world for people to volunteer for the dangerous mission, needing a crew for the vessel and a way to give humanity one last chance; to save Mother Earth and stop the Gamilons once and for all.

What's that?  What's the vessel's name, you ask?...

Space Battleship Yamato.

*cue the following epic montage theme song*

(Yeah, the lyrics are in Japanese.  I don't care, it's still cool as cr#p.  I'm trying to work on getting an accurate translation, and when I do I'll stick it here.)

Rules/Info:

General Site Rules apply, as usual.

If you don't know what Space Battleship Yamato (or 宇宙戦艦ヤマト or Uchū Senkan Yamato)

​is all about​, first of all, have you watched or heard anything at all about great Anime since the 1970's? (XD)  But seriously, if you don't know what it's about, just look it up, and preferably watch at least some of the Anime.  (If you want it in English, look for Star Blazers.  That's the English Dub and the series that the plotline of the RP will be following the closest, at least Star Blazers Season One.)

This RP is going to have a couple somewhat mature (but not necessarily in a bad way) themes throughout, including very deep personal tragedy, funeral scenes for fallen comrades, and desperation caused by the total extinction faced by all of humanity.  There'll still be some more childishly-fun moments here and there, but I'm just giving everyone fair notice.

During the incredibly long, perilous journey that Yamato and her crew will be facing, morale and trust are certain to start wearing thin sooner or later.  Some crew will want to keep going, some will want to turn back and return to earth, mid-way through the trip, and some will want to decide to basically say 'screw earth!' and just take Yamato off and find another habitable planet that her crew can colonize to re-start the human race.  Fights won't happen immediately, but they will likely be inevitable.

There will be plenty of older girls and younger women onboard Yamato, as a matter of fact they will likely slightly outnumber the men.  This is intentional because, since the EDF was thinking ahead when they looked over the volunteer applications, they planned it out so that should Yamato fail to save the earth in time they would be well-equipped and have sufficient females to colonize a new planet and restart the human race elsewhere.  Even though they're girls and young women, that doesn't mean they won't be expected to pull their weight as crewmembers.

Romance: People can start getting very lonely in space surprisingly fast.  Romance will definitely be a thing that may set in very quickly, but remember that a fair few of the people still alive will have a tragic past to some degree, some will be worse off than others, and some won't reveal anything unless given some nudging from someone trying to get close to them.

There are no free rides on Yamato, everyone has a job.  That being said, they might later find a stowaway or two who, after being punished, will end up becoming a part of the crew so they aren't just a waste of food and air, and because Yamato WILL steadily end up taking casualties along the way  and therefore there'll be jobs to fill.  She'll leave with over a thousand crew, but (if she returns at all) she'll be left with only a fraction of that still alive.  Anyways, there's a lot of different positions that need to be filled on a space battleship, especially one as massive as Yamato.  I've listed everything I can think of below:

Captain (Taken)
Executive Officer (XO, second-in-command, would also have another officer's position on top of that.)
Communications (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Navigation (2 officers, one of whom acts as Helmsman (the guy that actually steers the vessel) + normal crewmembers)
Tactical (All the ship's weapons and other combat systems, like countermeasures) (1 chief officer + 2 officers beneath them + normal crewmembers, mostly gunners.)
RADAR/ Sensors (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Damage Control/repair (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Engineering (1 chief officer + 1 officer beneath them + normal crewmembers)
Medical (1 officer (the ship's surgeon/main doctor) + nurses)
Galley (The ship's mess hall, also in charge of growing more food for the crew in the greenhouses) (1 officer (the head chef) + a few mess attendants)
Aircraft (Yamato carries one elite fighter squadron, the Black Tigers (Call signs Black 1 through Black 12), one squadron of heavy attack aircraft, the Vipers (Viper 1 through Viper 12), and a number of other craft, like small transports, survey ships (basically large, multi-seat fighters with less weapons and more protection and other systems like scanning equipment), landing craft, etc.  Each attack squadron is led by one officer and the rest of the pilots are normal crewmembers.  Black 1 (the leader of the Black Tigers) is taken.)
Maintenance (Like Damage Control/Repair, but is instead in charge of fixing things in less-than-life-or-death situations and just keeping everything running in general) (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Security/Space Marines (1 chief officer + 2 beneath them + normal crewmembers)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Check it out if you can.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Same as above.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Please go give her a look too, if you want.
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Starrnico on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:17 am

Starr smiled and patted her knee. She would keep a close eye on her anyway.

~~
"If you want to, I figured you would want to stay on the ship until we could see your brother though." Dale clarified then shrugged again "I don't mind either way."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:57 am

Connie had started to smile at the gesture from Starr, but then she tensed up and cried out again in pain as she was hit with another contraction.

~~~
"I think we should have a fair amount of time," Ashley said, wincing a bit at the now more distant sounds of her mom's pain.  "I mean, she's not gonna go from being totally normal to popping out my little brother in like an hour or two.  From what I've heard it usually takes somewhere around twelve hours or so from the start of the labor pains to the delivery, so I'm sure we have time to go get something to eat away from the ship if we need to or feel like it."

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Check it out if you can.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Same as above.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Please go give her a look too, if you want.
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:21 am

Gus held her hand and brushed her hair back from her face. He was worried about the contractions being so close  together already

~~~
"Alright. Let's go then." Dale said and reached for her hand to take her out to eat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 am

"G-Gus... I'm scared..." Connie said softly as she gripped his hand.  "It hurts, it hurts so d#mn bad..."

~~~
Ashley smiled and took Dale's hand in hers as well, looking to Nathan and Cat when they came out of the ship.  "Hey, you guys wanna come with us to get something to eat?" Ashley asked, maybe trying to make up a bit for the way she'd hollered at Cat earlier.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:38 pm

"Don't be scared sweetheart." Gus said and kissed her knuckles gently. 

~~~
Cat looked to them then at the ground and shrugged, leaving it to Nathan to choose to go with Ashley or not. They did need to eat but she was tired of making decisions.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:56 am

"I-I can't help it Gus..." Connie said, pain clear in her voice.  "I'm so glad that you're here with me though..."

~~~
Nathan looked to Cat and frowned a bit, but then looked back to the other two and nodded his agreement, taking Cat's hand and softly leading her to walk with the others.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:31 pm

"I will not let you die, and neither will Starr. It will hurt, we can't really stop that, but we will be here, right beside you the whole time." Gus said as he glanced to Starr as the doctor worked. 
(I have no idea if she could get a pain shot or anything at this point.)

~~
Cat quietly walked with Nathan and Ashley and Dale as they went to the city to find a place to eat. She was just emotionally drained right now but she held close to Nathan's side, not wanting to let him go again.

Dale frowned a little at how Cat was acting but left her alone about it

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:02 pm

(Yeah, I have no clue either, lol.  Also, when I scrolled down to get to this post and that spider on the side moved, it scared the HELL out of me, XD)

Connie simply nodded her understanding at this point and tensed up, crying out again as she was hit by another contraction.

~~~
Nathan was more than happy to hold close to Cat's side as well, his tail again wrapped possessively around her leg as they headed for the restaurant that they had been planning to visit the first time they'd been there together (aside from Dale) since it had been interrupted by the Battle of Nekomura beginning.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Gus looked to Connie and kissed her forehead and held her hand as she struggled.

~~~
Cat was just glad to be with Nathan and was trying to focus on that. She wasn't really concerned about where they went 

Dale moved ahead to get the door for them all.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:33 am

(Again, really sorry about the delays.  This time it's been because of bad storms and a whole bunch of my family getting really sick. -_- )

About ten hours later, Connie screamed one more time and gave one more hard push as Thomas finally slid out into Starr's waiting hands, already struggling and kicking strongly in annoyance at being squeezed out of the comfy womb he'd been living in until now.

~~~
Ashley was waiting outside the room again, now with Dale, Cat, Nathan, Shrelle, and Marcus as well, and her eyes lit up a little when she had heard someone inside say something about 'Okay, one more push!' then one more scream from her mom, then relative quiet for a moment.  "You think that was it?" she asked to nobody in particular, checking the time on the wall clock that read 3:14 AM and 17 seconds.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Starr took note of the time as she and the nurses cleaned him up before bringing him to Connie to let her see her baby.

~~
Cat was curled up against Nathan, asleep on the chairs. She had gotten tired, but hadn't wanted to leave him now that they were together again.

"Sounds like it' Dale said, reaching over to hold Ashley's hand then wipe at his eyes with the other.

(Life happens, hope they area ll doing better now)

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:58 am

Connie was out of breath for a moment, but soon she let out a relieved chuckle and said "Oh Gus, look... he's beautiful, and he has my eyes..."  Indeed their new son Gus had the same brilliant violet irises as his mother, and they were splitting their gaze between his two parents and his distant ancestor, full of energy and curiosity more than anything else.

~~~
Nathan was sleeping right there against Cat, his tail slowly wandering over her body in their slumber like it always did.

Ashley smiled and wiped at her eyes as well, reaching over and grasping Dale's hand as she waited for someone, like one of the nurses, to come out and give them some news.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Gus smiled and looked at their son. "Beautiful eyes, just like yours." He said cheerfully.  "He's already looking around." He said and chuckled softly.

~~~
Dale looked to the door as a nurse came out to get them some gowns if they wanted to come in to see the new baby.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:52 am

Connie chuckled and sighed happily in agreement.  "Yeah, he is... Gus, I'm so glad you've been here for me all this time, you've made me so happy..."

~~~
Ashley practically flew into the gown she was handed, then rushed over to quickly wake Cat and Nathan before bolting impatiently into the delivery room.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:14 am

Gus smiled and leaned down to give her a kiss. "I am glad I could be here for this. I love you so much" He said then looked to Ashley as she came in 

Cat woke and rubbed her eyes, looking after Ashley then looking to Nathan as Dale followed Ashley at a more sedate pace.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:29 am

Connie gladly kissed Gus back, then looked to Ashley and the other kids as they came in one by one.  She gladly let Ashley see and hold her brand new baby brother for a moment and used the opportunity to lean up and hug her husband tightly.

Nathan woke with a slight start and looked around for a moment before he put two and two together and smiled, looking to Cat as he stood and started heading towards the delivery ward as well.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 am

Gus hugged her and gave her a kiss "I am so happy Connie" He said softly then looked at their children "We have a wonderful family"

~~~
Cat stretched then got up to follow Nathan, taking his hand again on the way in,

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:51 am

"That we sure do, Gus," she said happily as she watched Cat and Nathan wander in as well.  "Well look at that, the whole gang's here, aren't they?"

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Cat smiled at her then looked to the baby. "Aww, how cute." She said, moving closer to see the newborn. 

Gus chuckled and looked around at the people around them. They were all family to him now.

"We can give you a couple of minutes, but Connie and Thomas need their rest soon." She said,  looking at them and knowing they needed rest as well.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:10 am

"A few minutes?  Hell, I could probably pass out now..." Connie chuckled as Thomas looked around curiously at all the new sights and sounds he was experiencing.  Oddly enough he wasn't crying or fussing or anything that a normal baby might have been doing in this situation, he was being a very curious, adventurous newborn, even at the tender age of seven minutes.  He cooed in excitement when Ashley unfurled her wings a little for him to see, and the young Neko blushed, saying "Aww, look at that, Dale.  He likes my wings just as much as you do."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:15 am

Dale flushed and smiled at her again "That's good. He probably likes the colors." He said cheerfully as he looked at the infant

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:31 pm

"Yeah, or maybe he's just already trying to suck up to his big sister cause he's gonna wanna go flying with me," Ashley snickered as she brought one of her wings up and tickled Thomas' nose a bit.  "The funny thing is that it's working."

(I'm very sorry that I've been gone so long, but I was having some very serious issues with how I was using my computer and what I was doing online (meaning what was essentially a pornography addiction in all but name) and I needed to just totally cut myself off for a while.)

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Yeah, or maybe he's just already trying to suck up to his big sister cause he's gonna wanna go flying with me," Ashley snickered as she brought one of her wings up and tickled Thomas' nose a bit.  "The funny thing is that it's working."

(I'm very sorry that I've been gone so long, but I was having some very serious issues with how I was using my computer and what I was doing online (meaning what was essentially a pornography addiction in all but name) and I needed to just totally cut myself off for a while.)
Dale laughed at the infant's look of surprise before he sneezed at the tickling. Dale reached over and rubbed Thomas' hair gently as Ashley held him

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"Yeah, or maybe he's just already trying to suck up to his big sister cause he's gonna wanna go flying with me," Ashley snickered as she brought one of her wings up and tickled Thomas' nose a bit.  "The funny thing is that it's working."

Dale laughed at the infant's look of surprise before he sneezed at the tickling. Dale reached over and rubbed Thomas' hair gently as Ashley held him
Thomas laughed again and tried to reach up and grab at Dale's hand as his mother was already fast asleep behind them.

~~~

The next morning Jim, Grace, Scotty, Silva, and Captain Reddy had all been summoned to Governor-Emperor Futzrany's personal office in the Nekomuran capitol building, with the intention of coordinating with them to figure out the best course of action going forwards from here for every party involved.  As they made their way to the doors and were let in, the main issues on everyone's minds were mostly the rescue effort to be enacted for the inhabitants of the planet Olympus, and their subsequent relocation to Iskandar and the effort to save that dying world, as well as the efforts that were going to need to be made to track down, pursue, and destroy the remnants of the Imperial Gamilon Navy and kill Leader Deslok and Grand General Lysis to put a final end to the war, while making sure that the Nekos Royal Navy was not stretched so thinly that it left their colonies, deep space travel hubs, and their homeworld in particular insufficiently guarded against attacks from the Gamilon Fleet Remnants.  There were also the slightly less vital issues of what to do with the flora and fauna samples given to the humans by the Olympians and, tragically, the as of yet unused Cosmo DNA machine that Queen Starsha had given them.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:14 pm

Reddy followed the guide as they went to the governor generals office along with the others. He wasn't sure what the answers to their problems would be, but he and the others would still try their best as they always did.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Patrick smiled when he saw the group entering and stood to go greet them, shaking all their hands and giving brief, compassionate hugs to Jim and Silva, since they'd lost a wife and a sister, respectively, in the destruction of the Earth.  When that was done he went and sat back down behind his desk as the earthlings took their seats before him, and sighed as he said "Now then, I know we have much to do has, so where should we start?"

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum