Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:59 pm

​It is the year 2199.  For the past five years Earth has been under constant attack by forces from the mysterious planet Gamilon.  Earth's self-defense space fleet has been decimated, and deadly 'planet bombs' constantly bombard the surface of the earth, covering it with dangerous radioactive pollution.  No life exists on the barren surface, and all the exposed liquid water has long ago evaporated, leaving the lethal, radioactive air incredibly humid and much of the atmosphere covered in thick clouds.  As a result of the bombings, the only places left fit to survive are in massive underground cities, though soon even those safe havens will fade away.  The radiation is beginning to seep down through the earth's crust and infect the hiding remnants of the human population, and scientists calculate that the earth only has about one year's time left before all life on it is extinguished and it becomes permanently uninhabitable.  What little future the human race has left seems incredibly bleak and empty.

But then... there appears a beacon of hope...

A strange starship crashes near the north end of what used to be the Philippine island chain, and inside is discovered a number of things that can give the earth a fighting chance.  A message from a woman named Queen Starsha of the planet Iskandar saying that there is a ​device called the 'Cosmo DNA' that can cleanse the earth of its radioactive poison and reverse the effects of the Gamilon bombardment.  She also gave the exact coordinates of her home planet Iskandar and where on that planet to find the Cosmo DNA.  There's just one problem.  The trip to Iskandar is a 296,000 light-year round-trip, and earth only has one year left to live.

However, Queen Starsha also provided the humans with detailed designs and instructions for a so-called 'Wave-Motion Engine,' a warp drive that is capable of converting the vacuum of space into tachyon energy, as well as functioning like a normal rocket engine.  It also provides essentially infinite power to the ship and enables the vessel to "ride" the wave of tachyons and travel much,​ much faster than light.  With time running out, the humans quickly build a Wave-Motion Engine into their newest, biggest, and last space battleship, constructed inside the buried hulk of a sea-faring battleship lost in a war more than two and a half centuries ago.  They also find a way to construct a 'Wave-Motion Gun', an immensely powerful weapon which harnesses the power of the WME and directs it through a firing gate in the bow, shooting it in a stream directly forwards. (Because of course we did.  We're humans, we always find a way to turn every good technology into something destructive. Yay us!)  The group operating this new vessel puts out a call all over the world for people to volunteer for the dangerous mission, needing a crew for the vessel and a way to give humanity one last chance; to save Mother Earth and stop the Gamilons once and for all.

What's that?  What's the vessel's name, you ask?...

Space Battleship Yamato.

*cue the following epic montage theme song*

(Yeah, the lyrics are in Japanese.  I don't care, it's still cool as cr#p.  I'm trying to work on getting an accurate translation, and when I do I'll stick it here.)

Rules/Info:

General Site Rules apply, as usual.

If you don't know what Space Battleship Yamato (or 宇宙戦艦ヤマト or Uchū Senkan Yamato[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

​is all about​, first of all, have you watched or heard anything at all about great Anime since the 1970's? (XD)  But seriously, if you don't know what it's about, just look it up, and preferably watch at least some of the Anime.  (If you want it in English, look for Star Blazers.  That's the English Dub and the series that the plotline of the RP will be following the closest, at least Star Blazers Season One.)

This RP is going to have a couple somewhat mature (but not necessarily in a bad way) themes throughout, including very deep personal tragedy, funeral scenes for fallen comrades, and desperation caused by the total extinction faced by all of humanity.  There'll still be some more childishly-fun moments here and there, but I'm just giving everyone fair notice.

During the incredibly long, perilous journey that Yamato and her crew will be facing, morale and trust are certain to start wearing thin sooner or later.  Some crew will want to keep going, some will want to turn back and return to earth, mid-way through the trip, and some will want to decide to basically say 'screw earth!' and just take Yamato off and find another habitable planet that her crew can colonize to re-start the human race.  Fights won't happen immediately, but they will likely be inevitable.

There will be plenty of older girls and younger women onboard Yamato, as a matter of fact they will likely slightly outnumber the men.  This is intentional because, since the EDF was thinking ahead when they looked over the volunteer applications, they planned it out so that should Yamato fail to save the earth in time they would be well-equipped and have sufficient females to colonize a new planet and restart the human race elsewhere.  Even though they're girls and young women, that doesn't mean they won't be expected to pull their weight as crewmembers.

Romance: People can start getting very lonely in space surprisingly fast.  Romance will definitely be a thing that may set in very quickly, but remember that a fair few of the people still alive will have a tragic past to some degree, some will be worse off than others, and some won't reveal anything unless given some nudging from someone trying to get close to them.

There are no free rides on Yamato, everyone has a job.  That being said, they might later find a stowaway or two who, after being punished, will end up becoming a part of the crew so they aren't just a waste of food and air, and because Yamato WILL steadily end up taking casualties along the way  and therefore there'll be jobs to fill.  She'll leave with over a thousand crew, but (if she returns at all) she'll be left with only a fraction of that still alive.  Anyways, there's a lot of different positions that need to be filled on a space battleship, especially one as massive as Yamato.  I've listed everything I can think of below:

Captain (Taken)
Executive Officer (XO, second-in-command, would also have another officer's position on top of that.)
Communications (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Navigation (2 officers, one of whom acts as Helmsman (the guy that actually steers the vessel) + normal crewmembers)
Tactical (All the ship's weapons and other combat systems, like countermeasures) (1 chief officer + 2 officers beneath them + normal crewmembers, mostly gunners.)
RADAR/ Sensors (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Damage Control/repair (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Engineering (1 chief officer + 1 officer beneath them + normal crewmembers)
Medical (1 officer (the ship's surgeon/main doctor) + nurses)
Galley (The ship's mess hall, also in charge of growing more food for the crew in the greenhouses) (1 officer (the head chef) + a few mess attendants)
Aircraft (Yamato carries one elite fighter squadron, the Black Tigers (Call signs Black 1 through Black 12), one squadron of heavy attack aircraft, the Vipers (Viper 1 through Viper 12), and a number of other craft, like small transports, survey ships (basically large, multi-seat fighters with less weapons and more protection and other systems like scanning equipment), landing craft, etc.  Each attack squadron is led by one officer and the rest of the pilots are normal crewmembers.  Black 1 (the leader of the Black Tigers) is taken.)
Maintenance (Like Damage Control/Repair, but is instead in charge of fixing things in less-than-life-or-death situations and just keeping everything running in general) (1 officer + normal crewmembers)
Security/Space Marines (1 chief officer + 2 beneath them + normal crewmembers)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Trainbrain16 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Check it out if you can.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Same as above.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Please go give her a look too, if you want.
I AM THE SALMON MODERATOR
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

temp

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 am

Gus and Polonski only barely missed each other as they screamed past, belly to belly as the younger pilot raced to the rescue of his squadron leader.  The Yellow behind Gus was just a hair slow on reacting to the sudden appearance of the other craft, though he definitely made the most of the bad situation.  He quickly pitched up and rolled as Polonski bored in right at him, both of them spraying weapon fire desperately in the hopes that something might hit.  In the end, something did hit, but it wasn't any sort of weapon fire.  The tip of one of the Yellow's tail planes struck the top of Polonski's fighter hard, sheering the entire control surface off of the Gamilon's ship and sending both aircraft into uncontrolled spins, leaving both of them vulnerable and exposed to anyone who wanted to come in, take a shot, and finish them off.

~~~
"Yes, that's right..." Jim said solemnly.  "I don't want anyone coming back to this system ever again, and the best way to make sure that happens is to delete the data pertaining to how to get here from the few navigational computers left that have it.  When you're done with doing it to our computers, I'll need you to work with the navigational officers of the Minekaze, Shimakaze, and Nadakaze and make sure they purge the data from their systems as well.  There's no reasons left for anyone to visit this system ever again, and there are war graves here that I don't want disturbed."

Finally back again, feeling really lonely and bored.  I need help bringing my creative writing spark back from the grave after so long.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Check it out if you can.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Same as above.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Please go give her a look too, if you want.
BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Blazers (S.B. Yamato Fanfic)

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:42 pm

Gus sighed and looked towards the yellow then over to Polanski as he tried to make the turn to go after the other pilot. He noticed that the yellow was rolling towards the old wreckage and while that wasn't how he wanted to see that one end, he didn't have much choice in the matter.

~~~
Cat frowned at that but nodded. "Yes sir" She said and turned to go. She would delete the information after making a copy to keep with her things, because erasing Earth from known history was just wrong in her mind. That world was their birthplace and there was no way she was going to let that be forgotten fully, even if the where of it was.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:54 pm

As Gus would arrive at Polonski's fighter, he'd see something that would horrify him and haunt his dreams for the rest of his life.  Rattletrap's canopy had been smashed open by the impact of the Yellow's tail plane, and it appeared that the object had actually struck Polonski directly in the face.  His head had been torn in half right up the middle, with the entire center portion basically turned into blood and hamburger meat, and it was very clear that he had died instantly upon the impact, meaning that his fiancé Stacy on Nekomura and his daughter Maeve that he'd never live to see.

~~~
Jim sighed as he watched Cat accept what she was being told to do, but reached out and grabbed her arm to stop her before she could leave.  "Kathrine... I'm... I'm sorry about your father..." he said softly, tears in his own eyes as he thought of his own wife that he'd been forced to sentence to an undeserved death.  "...I know you wanted more than anything to get back and see him..."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Gus flinched and shook his head, turning for the Yamato to get back to her so they could leave this place after saluting Polonski. He hated losing friends like this.

~~~
Cat froze at his touch then shut her eyes and shook her head. She had been trying not to think about what he had said meant for her father and the others left on Earth. She blinked quickly then glanced to him as she pulled her arm away. "I, I have star charts to see to" She said, then headed for the door again. She didn't want to stop and think, not yet.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:43 am

As Gus, Maria and Jules started limping back to their home vessel, they would find that tragically they were the only three flyers left alive from either of the Yamato's squadrons.  Gus and Jules had lost the second element of One Flight, Maria had lost the rest of her Two Flight, Polonski's Three Flight was gone, and the Rapiers had all been slaughtered one by one, mostly by those elite Gamilon interceptors with the bright yellow markings.  That Yellow Squadron...  Jules' craft was also worse off than Maria's and Gus' combined, and it appeared that he was having a serious deal of trouble just keeping the vehicle under his own control as he nursed the battered Raptor in for a landing.  Maria didn't say anything about it yet, but she'd been unable to confirm Gus' kill on that Yellow One, so they had no way of knowing if Gus had finally been able to exact his revenge after more than half a year of scrapping with his rival repeatedly.

~~~
"And I have some other things to deal with as well..." Jim said softly, standing up from what was now his command chair and heading to one of the briefing rooms, calling for Grace to come with him and for Starr to join them as well so they could all discuss a few very important matters.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:04 am

There wasn't much Gus could do at this point. He wanted to take another fighter and go and make certain the yellow was dead, but with the ships already underway, he couldn't. He landed Critter and shut her down, looking around and frowning at the lack of other fighters there. The only thing that made this better at all was that Connie wasn't here.

~~~
Cat went to do as she had been told, taking all the information about Earth and the Sol system and moving it to a hard copy then updating it to report the latest information before making sure it was all gone from the main computer then calling the Neko ships to have them erase their files. Once that was done, she headed for her room, ignoring everyone on the way. She put the hard copy with her books then lay down on her bed and hugged her pillow as she started to cry. She had wanted to see her father again, had wanted to have him know she had done all she could to try to help the Earth but now it was all for nothing. With one order, the Earth was gone and all those still alive on it just gone.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:32 am

"Hey, O-one?..." Jules said weakly as he brought his ship in for a rather rough landing behind Gus and Maria.  "...I don't feel... I d-don't feel s-so hot..."
"Hey, Two, what's going on?" Maria said worriedly.
No response, just soft, labored breathing that gradually faded out.
"Hey, Jules!  Answer me!"
Still no answer.
"Jules, don't you dare pull this sh#t on me now!" Maria cried as she quickly crawled out of her plane and rushed back towards her friend to check on him.

~~~
"So Starr..." Jim said softly when she finally arrived.  "I wanted to ask you what you would want to do for a funeral or something for Dirk... I could have the engineers remove the payload from one of the torpedoes and we could put him into that and launch it back into the debris field, or would you want us to preserve his body so we can bury him on Nekomura?..."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 am

"Jules!" Gus said as he too got out and went to see if they could help the other pilot, calling for medical on the way there. He opened the canopy and removed the mask so they could check for a pulse and breathing from the other male.

~~~
Starr looked to Jim then over to the window as she thought about that. "H-here. He wanted to come back to Earth so much. Let his body rest here where his first wife and son were." She said sadly. "We can do a memorial place on Nekomara for him." 

~~~
Cat quietly got up and locked her door after making sure the cats were out. She wanted to just be alone for a while. She looked around at her room through her tears and held herself though that didn't help the empty feeling inside. She had been pushing back sadness ever since leaving Nathan behind but this was too much for her. 

She had already fought off depression once, or rather Nathan had helped her fight it, but he wasn't here this time. She looked at her bed but she didn't want to lay down again, so she grabbed her bedding and threw it at the walls, uncaring at the moment what it hit or knocked down and broke. Anger felt good, far less painful than the sadness, so she grabbed what was in reach to throw that as well, screaming her sadness at the walls until she tripped. Her blanket had gotten tangled in her feet, making her fall. She gasped as pain registered and looked to her arm where a broken shard of something had cut her forearm, instinctively holding it then frowning at the blood welling up. Tears blurred her vision but she just blinked them away and laid down, tugging the blanket to cover her arm so she wouldn't have to see the blood though she made no further move to stop it. 
Maybe her body would be sent back to Earth so she could be with her mother and father again. Her free hand reached out, picking up a photo that had fallen to the floor and bringing it close to look at her parents faces then holding it to her chest and crying

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:21 am

(OMG, I'm so sorry I left you hanging for so long, especially on an event like what Cat's doing!  I didn't realize that I hadn't set it up to notify me about replies to this topic again after the most recent archive and reset! *DOH!* )

By the time Gus and Maria were able to reach Jules' cockpit, they would find a disturbing sight.  The fighter had just finished it's full engine shutdown, the turbines still hot and spinning, but they were gradually slowing and cooling.  Jules was slumped forwards, his right hand still on the last toggle switch that he'd had to flip to shut the plane down, and his right hand on the cockpit release lever.  There was a small stream of blood dripping from his mouth and down onto the lap of his flight suit, but other than that he appeared to be perfectly fine; no sort of external injuries or damage to his cockpit or anything of the sort, but apparently something had happened to him that had been violent enough to cause him to drown in his own blood.

~~~
Jim nodded in somber understanding, turning away for a moment to send a message for the engineering 'Mice' (an old navy term, not one that had anything to do with the fact that most of their crew were now anthros) to get to work on what he'd just detailed.  He then turned back to those before him and said "Now, miss Grace... Unfortunately Bob Flowers, the one who was going to succeed me as the XO of this ship, is dead... So that means that now you are being promoted to first officer to fill what used to be my position and what was going to be his..."

~~~
It was a few moments later before a knocking came at Cat's door, and by now the blood would have soaked through to stain the blanket scarlet around where it covered her arm.  "Hey, Cat?..." Megan's somber voice called out.  "You okay in there?  All your cats are out here acting totally weird, they're all stacked up right here at the door trying to get in."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:26 am

Gus looked to Maria then flicked the switch to finish turning the engines off before moving so that the medical people could get in and see what they could do to help him or declare his death. He hated that so many had died in this battle.

~~~
Grace nodded though she hadn't thought she would be promoted to that position. "Yes sir, I understand" She said softly, thinking about it. "Jenkins can be promoted to my position. He knows the console as well as I do."

~~~
Cat blinked and looked to the door then shook her head and laid it down again. "Just leave me alone" She said quietly then sniffed and closed her eyes again. "I want my dad."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:15 pm

"Of course," Jim said.  "I've been watching his performance recently and he's just as good as you've said he is.  I think he should fill your shoes nicely, much more nicely than the job I'll have to do..."

~~~
"Cat, he's gone," Megan said bluntly.  "There's nothing that e can do about it, nothing we could have done about it.  You don't think I miss people too?  My mom was all I had left, and now she's dead too, just like everybody else!  Now all I have left is Shrelle and you, and you've got Nathan and... wait, I smell blood... what is goi--..."  Now realizing the implications of what she knew and could sense, Megan started pounding angrily on the door.  "KATHRINE!!" she screamed.  "OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!!  DON'T YOU F#CKING DARE!!"

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:25 pm

Grace nodded and looked to him, reaching over to touch his arm "We did what we had to. If we had let them be taken as slaves, you know they would have all been tortured to death." She said softly.

~~~
Cat curled herself tighter into a fetal position on her side, shaking her head. She flinched at Nathan's name, her thoughts turning to him. She knew he would be heartbroken if he found out about this. "I-I can't" She said though it was unclear if she meant she couldn't get the door or couldn't try to live. Even she wasn't sure which one she meant now, she just wanted to sleep and stop thinking of anything.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:22 am

"I know..." Jim said, tears coming back to his eyes.  "...but nothing's consolation enough when you know you've directly murdered your own loving wife of twelve years, especially when you've already lost your son, almost lost your daughter, and lost your last, best true friend..."

~~~
"YES YOU CAN, DON'T SAY THAT!!" Megan screamed as she called for anyone who could bring her a fusion cutter and a mask as quickly as possible to do it right now.  "You've got too much ahead of you, Cat, don't let this happen!  You can't just give up now, you've got someone who loves you to pieces waiting for you back on Nekomura!  Think of how Nathan will feel if we come back after so long only for him to be told you were a coward and you committed suicide!  If he doesn't just kill himself as well, he'll be an emotional train wreck for the rest of his life!"  As much as Megan's screaming may or may not have been helping to motivate Cat to do the right thing, by now neither could know that it would be too late for Cat to do it herself.  She'd already lost too much strength through the blood loss to be able to lift herself up enough to unlock the door, so by this point she was going to end up having to wait for help to come to her in one way or another.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:44 pm

Grace flinched at that then got up to go to his side and hug him comfortingly. "I'm sorry" She said gently. She didn't really think about how much he had had left on Earth.

~~~
Cat tried to sit up, only to lay back down before she even got her head raised far. She didn't like the thought of Nathan being that sad also. "I fell" she said and looked to the door. "I'm tired Megan, I just want to sleep."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:14 am

Jim was quiet for a moment before he managed to say "...it's alright... well, no, it's really not, but there's nothing that any of us can do about it or could have done about it... our hand was forced and we did what had to be done, even though none of us would ever have wanted it to turn out this way..."  There was another long pause before Jim stood and said "I'll go start making preparations for Dirk's funeral service... you two may do whatever you see fit in the meantime..."

~~~
"No, Cat, you can't!" Megan cried as she willed for whoever was coming with a fusion cutter to get there faster, knowing that Cat was starting to slip away.  "You can't give in, you've gotta fight it!  Come on, keep talking to me, what was the time you spent with Nathan on Nekomura like?... when was it that you first started realizing you were in love?..."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:20 am

Grace and Starr nodded and stood to leave the room. Starr paused beside Jim and touched his arm gently "We can make this a memorial for all those lost in this war as well." She said gently.

~~~
Cat frowned as she thought about all of that. She was quiet though, uncertain of what to say for a long moment. "I am tired of fighting, Megan." She finally said. "It didn't do us any good. We still lost everyone and the Earth"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:52 pm

"Yes, you're right," Jim said softly.  "But it should be us that are the last to see it.  There's nothing left for human kind in this system, only pain, that's why I had Cat erase it from the star charts.  I don't want anyone coming back here ever again.  This whole system is a war grave now..."

~~~
"But we haven't lost everything yet!" Megan cried, her voice starting to become distant and echo in Cat's ears.  "We've got friends, family back on Nekomura, we've got a new home there to look after!  Don't you dare give up!  Cat!?..."

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Starr nodded and sighed "Yes, but we should still have a service for them here" She said gently. Even if no one but those on the ship saw it, it was still worth doing for those lost here, and to help those who still lived here.

~~~
Cat pushed herself over to her back and looked at the ceiling. "tired" She mumbled though she was trying to stay awake for her. She could feel her eyes trying to close and the sleepiness trying to push her under. She let her head fall back to the side and looked to the blanket that still covered her arm. It felt so heavy now. "C-cold. Megan"

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:28 am

Jim simply nodded slowly in agreement, then sighed heavily and made his way out of the room without another word.

~~~
"Sh#t, hang in there Cat!..." Megan cursed, the words echoing several times over in the young girl's head as she slipped into unconsciousness.  "Oh thank God, you're here!  Get back, I'm gonna start cutting!  Cat, close your eyes or look away from the door!..."  Immediately after that there was a bright spot of light that appeared on one edge of the door and started quickly making its way around, accompanied by a small shower of sparks and the smell of burning paint and melted durasteel.

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:55 am

Starr looked to Grace before going to her own room, unused in a while, but the others would be in Dirk's taking care of his body. She just wanted a little time alone to cry and process everything.

~~~
Cat heard her but couldn't respond anymore. When they got in, they would find the room looking like a tornado had hit it with several things broken on the floor. Cat herself would have a bad sprain on her ankle as well as the cut to her forearm. She hadn't been lying when she had said she couldn't get up to get the door, from more than just the bloodloss. It would be easy to say the whole thing was a bad accident if she didn't make it, though her words to Megan had showed her depression. It would be a while before she opened her eyes again.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:57 pm

"...one of these days you're gonna run out of luck, Cat..." Megan's distant but recognizable voice said as she slowly started regaining consciousness in the medibay several hours later.  "Why were you going to do that, Kathrine?  Would your father have been proud of you if he'd known what you tried to do?"

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Cat blinked up at the lights then closed her eyes again. She wasn't ready to face life yet. "fell" She mumbled and tried to turn away despite how tired she was still.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainbrain16 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:42 pm

"Fell?..." Megan echoed.  "I don't understand.  What do you mean?"

BEHOLD MY MASCULINITY

Trainbrain16
♤ Global Guru ♤
♤ Global Guru ♤

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Cat sighed and stopped trying to move since it was pointless anyway. "I put the cats out so I could be angry without hurting them. I wanted to throw things and cry and just let my emotions take over" She said then tried to swallow though her throat was dry. "Do you have water?" If she was going to have to talk she wanted water though she didn't really want to talk at all.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top