It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:25 am

This role play is continuation from another site, read the backstory here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and PM the owner, Frundette, if you would like to join. The story begins in a fictional village with a roughly medieval feel and the discovery of what appears to be a treasure map.  Is there hidden treasure to be found?  Or only danger and trouble?
 
The Rules
 

  • Have fun and help the others participating in the RP have fun too!  
  • No vampires, shapeshifters, unicorns or the like.  (The characters may potentially encounter fantastical creatures along their journey, but these should not be PCs)
  • No magic.
  • There are no character sheets.  If you want to start playing, simply read the story thus far, PM me and describe the basics of your character in your post.  Not every detail of your PC needs to be worked out up front.  If you'd like some help brainstorming how to work a character into the thread, feel free to PM me!
  • If a situation arises that may involve a PC death, please be considerate and make sure that you work it out with the player of that character. 
  • You may introduce multiple characters.
  • Don't make a habit of one-liners!  Not every post needs to be the length of a novel.  But posts like "Sally watched" really don't help contribute to the story.  
  • Feel free to contribute details to the world.  If you want to, for example, add a long-forgotten, ramshackle hut in the middle of the woods, go for it!  

 
 
 
It Begins With A Map...
 
 
The old man had lived in a little house on the very top of a hill. Most of the town considered him eccentric or downright odd. He hardly ever ventured out of his home anymore but when he did, he would tell tales to anyone that would listen about strange places and mysterious creatures.
 
But two days ago in the common room of the pub, in the middle of a grand tale about a huge beast with wings and scales, the man had simply fallen out of his chair and died. As he had no apparent heirs, the townsfolk gave him a small funeral and then promptly walked up the hill to help themselves to the old man's valuables.
 
Glenn, who had always been considered a bit on the dumb side, came with them. He had to duck in order to fit through the small door, his large shoulders brushing against the frame.
 
Inside was cluttered, but Glenn made his way toward a large bookshelf. He had never learned to read, but liked to look at the pictures in books. He picked up a large volume and opened the cover. A worn piece of parchment fell to the floor. Carefully, Glenn unfolded it to reveal a map with a small red X marked on it. "What's this?" He asked the first person that walked past.
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Jem squinted at him through slitted eyes that seemed to stare right through him. In truth, she couldn't really see anything at all anymore-- nor hear accurately enough to recognize words or voices. As Oswin hoisted her over his shoulder, she exhaled her brother's name "Chris...," softly before completely blacking out.

--

Christof's attention was flipping back and forth between Fleta tending to Glenn, and Unwin coming down the steps. "We're out of time," he said hastily, tightening his grip on Peyton as the tension in the room built. "You need to get out of here now, take him somewhere safe." He spoke to both Fleta and Kenrick, suspecting that she alone wouldn't be able to successfully move the heavier boy in his state.

"You might want to release that boy, Christof. Don't want your pretty little sister getting hurt, would you?" Unwin asked in a low, cruel tone, his eyes taking in the scene and instantly calculating his options, crossbow aimed at Christof's head.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:10 am

"Shut up!" Christof snarled at Unwin. His body was angled towards the stairs with Peyton in front of him, so Unwin wouldn't have a clear shot. He hadn't yet seen Oswin with Jem. "Just let them go okay? Its us you want, right? Let Fleta and Glenn go and I'll drop the knife. I'll surrender, I swear."
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Unwin seemed to consider Christof's proposal, not bothering to conceal the smirk now curling at the corners of his mouth. Why should he? He was in control of the situation now, it seemed, not that it would allow him to relax in any way; no, he would have to be doubly as vigilant. 

"I accept. You drop the knife, I'll bind your arms, and I won't kill you all- including your dear sister -for the fun of it. Sound like a plan to you?" He grinned, stopping on the third step from the bottom so that Peyton's head would remain out on his line of fire.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:21 pm

"Deal, bind my hands, whatever. But they walk first, right out the front door." He sounded tired but determined. "Now, and this is over. You have my word. I don't want anyone else to get hurt here."
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Unwin did not place the slightest value on the words of others, but he did value the promise of swift retribution which his crossbow offered, should Christof go back on his word. 

"Ah, it's so brave of you, sacrificing yourself- and your sister- for them..." He sneered softly, then looked to where Fleta and Kenrick were, Glenn, barely conscious in the chair between them. "You can head on. Now." 

Fleta was stunned, gray eyes wide, gaze flitting between Unwin and Chiristof in disbelief. Why would he give himself over to the man to save them? He was being utterly selfless... Who did that?! No-one she know, that was for sure, and though an ache arose in her chest that she had not felt a long while, an ache by the name of guilt, she couldn't let this opportunity pass her by. "Kenrick, help me get him out of here, please." Fleta said, and with his help they were able to support Glenn out of the inn. 

On the way out, see looked back to Christof, mouthing the words 'thank you', before disappearing into the night. Her expression was grave, filled with remorse. But she was not selfless like him. She was a survivor, and she had others to care for, others which depended on her. And that would be what she told herself to justify her actions. Justifying her actions to herself, that was something she had to do often. 

Unwin raised a brow at Christof once the three had gone, saying darkly, "See? I honor my word... Your turn now- let that lad go, and drop the knife."

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Christof watched Fleta, Kenrick, and Glenn slowly leave the inn. His eyes met Fleta's for a moment before the door closed but his gaze was sad and hollow--not heroic. He didn't consider himself selfless, in fact, he felt as selfish as anything for refusing to give his ruthless extended family a portion of the wealth he and Jem had inherited. 

Once the trio was out of the inn, Christof pushed Peyton forward and tossed the knife towards Unwin. He held up his hands in submission and said nothing.
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:25 pm

Peyton stumbled momentarily, then regained his balance, looking sharply from Unwin to Christof, then to Oswin as if looking for instructing as he backed slowly towards the door. 

"You can wait out side." Unwin stated, hazel eyes narrowed and glinting as he watched Christof, descending the last few steps, then moving slowly and smoothly towards him. 

"Lay down on the floor, on your stomach." He said coldly once Payton had left, crossbow now aimed at Christof's heart.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:45 pm

For a moment it looked like Chris was going to protest, but he curbed his tongue before the words could be said and followed Unwin's instructions. He didn't particularly fancy being shot in the chest... or having the same happen to Jem. With a cold stare he knelt down to his knees, then lowered himself slowly to the floor and placed his hands on the back of his head.
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:24 am

The moment Christof was laying on the floor, Unwin moved in. He placed a knee hard in the square of the other man's back, swiftly setting his bow on the table a couple feet away and roughly grabbing his wrists and pulling them down so that he could tie them behind his back. 

"So..." Unwin said slowly, his tone mocking and cold as he bound Christof's forearms tight together, wrists to elbows, with a length of strong cording from another pocket in his coat, "Have any idea where you left my sword? I happen to like it, and want it back."

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:16 pm

Christof winced as Unwin's knee pressed into his back and jerked his arms backwards. The chord was strong and tight, he could already feel his arms going numb from the pressure. "I dunno," he mumbled with his face to the floor.
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by Storytellers CAN on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:58 am

Bump

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

Posts : 22339
Likes : 8
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : The Enchanted Forest

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)
Gold Pieces: 9gp 79sp 90cp

http://www.legendsroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Christof winced as Unwin's knee pressed into his back and jerked his arms backwards. The chord was strong and tight, he could already feel his arms going numb from the pressure. "I dunno," he mumbled with his face to the floor.

"How unusual, as I could have sworn that you and your little Jem were the ones last in possession of that blade, and I rarely miss a detail, especially one like that." Unwin scoffed, putting more pressure on the the other's back, "...but if you'd rather me question your sister-" Oswin stepped off the last step and into view, Jem's limp form over his shoulder, "... I could arrange that."

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"How unusual, as I could have sworn that you and your little Jem were the ones last in possession of that blade, and I rarely miss a detail, especially one like that." Unwin scoffed, putting more pressure on the the other's back, "...but if you'd rather me question your sister-" Oswin stepped off the last step and into view, Jem's limp form over his shoulder, "... I could arrange that."

"Don't touch her," Chris growled, glaring at the floorboards. His hands were knotted into fists as his shoulders strained against the ropes, even though he knew he couldn't break them. Unwin's bony knee planted against his back was growing increasingly painful but he refused to show it. He remembered the sword, they had taken it outside when Oswin let them leave... if only we had ran when we had the chance, he silently cursed himself. 

"Your precious implement is outside, by the hitching post." He felt a small kinder of satisfaction as he remembered setting the horse loose.
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"How unusual, as I could have sworn that you and your little Jem were the ones last in possession of that blade, and I rarely miss a detail, especially one like that." Unwin scoffed, putting more pressure on the the other's back, "...but if you'd rather me question your sister-" Oswin stepped off the last step and into view, Jem's limp form over his shoulder, "... I could arrange that."

"Don't touch her," Chris growled, glaring at the floorboards. His hands were knotted into fists as his shoulders strained against the ropes, even though he knew he couldn't break them. Unwin's bony knee planted against his back was growing increasingly painful but he refused to show it. He remembered the sword, they had taken it outside when Oswin let them leave... if only we had ran when we had the chance, he silently cursed himself. 

"Your precious implement is outside, by the hitching post." He felt a small kinder of satisfaction as he remembered setting the horse loose.

Unwin chuckled darkly at Christof's first words, knowing just how much that would bother him, or any brother. 
"Ah, well I thank you for your honesty..." he replied coolly at the man's admission, continuing as a smile lifted the corners of his lips, "but I hope you'll understand when I say that I'll offer you no leniency for it." With that, he learned more heavily on his back as he used that knee to push himself to his feet. With his right hand, he picked up the crossbow from the table, and with his left, he reached down and grabbed the cord which bound Chris' wrists so that he could help him up. 

"Come on, boy. Let's get a move on. It's a long ways north back to Vralia." He said with a sigh, sounding oddly calm now that things seemed to be under his control. He began to pull up on Christof's wrists, encouraging him to stand lest his shoulders felt the increasing pain of the awkward angle.

"Do you wish for me to follow with the girl...?" Oswin asked, hesitant, but eager to help in whatever way he could and gain the man's assistance, especially now that the bounty hunter obviously had a handle on the situation.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Unwin chuckled darkly at Christof's first words, knowing just how much that would bother him, or any brother. 
"Ah, well I thank you for your honesty..." he replied coolly at the man's admission, continuing as a smile lifted the corners of his lips, "but I hope you'll understand when I say that I'll offer you no leniency for it." With that, he learned more heavily on his back as he used that knee to push himself to his feet. With his right hand, he picked up the crossbow from the table, and with his left, he reached down and grabbed the cord which bound Chris' wrists so that he could help him up. 

"Come on, boy. Let's get a move on. It's a long ways north back to Vralia." He said with a sigh, sounding oddly calm now that things seemed to be under his control. He began to pull up on Christof's wrists, encouraging him to stand lest his shoulders felt the increasing pain of the awkward angle.

"Do you wish for me to follow with the girl...?" Oswin asked, hesitant, but eager to help in whatever way he could and gain the man's assistance, especially now that the bounty hunter obviously had a handle on the situation.

Despite his best efforts, Chris wasn't able to hold back a gasp of pain when Unwin stood up. It felt like the man's knee was splitting his shoulder blades in half. He stumbled in the process of getting up, it was difficult to do without arms to push upwards with. He did manage to stay quiet when Unwin pulled backwards on his arms, even though it hurt almost as much as the knee. 

Once he was standing he looked instantly at Jem, and was alarmed to see that she was still unconscious. He wondered what Unwin had done to her to knock her out for so long, and thinking about it made his cheeks burn hot with anger.
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Unwin chuckled darkly at Christof's first words, knowing just how much that would bother him, or any brother. 
"Ah, well I thank you for your honesty..." he replied coolly at the man's admission, continuing as a smile lifted the corners of his lips, "but I hope you'll understand when I say that I'll offer you no leniency for it." With that, he learned more heavily on his back as he used that knee to push himself to his feet. With his right hand, he picked up the crossbow from the table, and with his left, he reached down and grabbed the cord which bound Chris' wrists so that he could help him up. 

"Come on, boy. Let's get a move on. It's a long ways north back to Vralia." He said with a sigh, sounding oddly calm now that things seemed to be under his control. He began to pull up on Christof's wrists, encouraging him to stand lest his shoulders felt the increasing pain of the awkward angle.

"Do you wish for me to follow with the girl...?" Oswin asked, hesitant, but eager to help in whatever way he could and gain the man's assistance, especially now that the bounty hunter obviously had a handle on the situation.

Despite his best efforts, Chris wasn't able to hold back a gasp of pain when Unwin stood up. It felt like the man's knee was splitting his shoulder blades in half. He stumbled in the process of getting up, it was difficult to do without arms to push upwards with. He did manage to stay quiet when Unwin pulled backwards on his arms, even though it hurt almost as much as the knee. 

Once he was standing he looked instantly at Jem, and was alarmed to see that she was still unconscious. He wondered what Unwin had done to her to knock her out for so long, and thinking about it made his cheeks burn hot with anger.

Unwin winced as the movement and strain in his left arm pulled at the long gash, congealed blood splitting, a thin stream of it running afresh down his skin and seeping into his sleeve. Drops fell in quick succession from where the cloth could not hold any more.

"I'd appreciate that." Unwin replied to Oswin, and the man nodded.

Unwin then said in a low tone to Chris, with the crossbow pressed lightly to his back and his hand holding tight to his bindings, "Let's go." He then gave him a little push to start him walking towards the door.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Unwin winced as the movement and strain in his left arm pulled at the long gash, congealed blood splitting, a thin stream of it running afresh down his skin and seeping into his sleeve. Drops fell in quick succession from where the cloth could not hold any more.

"I'd appreciate that." Unwin replied to Oswin, and the man nodded.

Unwin then said in a low tone to Chris, with the crossbow pressed lightly to his back and his hand holding tight to his bindings, "Let's go." He then gave him a little push to start him walking towards the door.

Chris allowed Unwin to steer him towards the door after a moment of hesitation. He didn't see the point in wasting his energy for nothing, but he didn't want to make it easy for his captor either. He wondered silently what Unwin would do when he seen that his horse was gone.
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Unwin winced as the movement and strain in his left arm pulled at the long gash, congealed blood splitting, a thin stream of it running afresh down his skin and seeping into his sleeve. Drops fell in quick succession from where the cloth could not hold any more.

"I'd appreciate that." Unwin replied to Oswin, and the man nodded.

Unwin then said in a low tone to Chris, with the crossbow pressed lightly to his back and his hand holding tight to his bindings, "Let's go." He then gave him a little push to start him walking towards the door.

Chris allowed Unwin to steer him towards the door after a moment of hesitation. He didn't see the point in wasting his energy for nothing, but he didn't want to make it easy for his captor either. He wondered silently what Unwin would do when he seen that his horse was gone.

They reached the front door, which stood ajar, and Unwin pushed it open with his foot for them to pass through. The porch was vacant. Obviously, the lass, oaf, and brothers had cleared off. To where, he wasn't sure, but their whereabouts were of no concern to him. 

As they moved forward to the steps, Unwin tensed as he saw that who he had expected to be standing by the hitching post, expected to meet his gaze, to call a greeting to him as she always did, was not there. There were only two unfamiliar steeds where she should have been...

His energy shifted rapidly, and he took the few steps quickly, forcing Christof roughly ahead of him as he moved towards the other two horses. Anger rolled in waves from him, and his eyes flashed to Chris. "No. You little-... Did you let her go? I- You stupid, stupid boy." His voice was faltering, but low, venomous, and his eyes had grown dark, black with sudden rage. This level of anger was maybe not a normal reaction, but Christof had no idea how much the horse meant to him, no idea...

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They reached the front door, which stood ajar, and Unwin pushed it open with his foot for them to pass through. The porch was vacant. Obviously, the lass, oaf, and brothers had cleared off. To where, he wasn't sure, but their whereabouts were of no concern to him. 

As they moved forward to the steps, Unwin tensed as he saw that who he had expected to be standing by the hitching post, expected to meet his gaze, to call a greeting to him as she always did, was not there. There were only two unfamiliar steeds where she should have been...

His energy shifted rapidly, and he took the few steps quickly, forcing Christof roughly ahead of him as he moved towards the other two horses. Anger rolled in waves from him, and his eyes flashed to Chris. "No. You little-... Did you let her go? I- You stupid, stupid boy." His voice was faltering, but low, venomous, and his eyes had grown dark, black with sudden rage. This level of anger was maybe not a normal reaction, but Christof had no idea how much the horse meant to him, no idea...

Chris stumbled forward, surprised at his sudden anger. Its just a horse... As much as Unwin's reaction confused him, he couldn't help the smirk that lifted the corners of his lips. He knew that his captor wasn't allowed to kill him, his family wanted them alive, so if Unwin was determined to get his money he would have to behave himself.

Even so, the thought only comforted him a small bit as he turned around to look at Unwin's face. His eyes were very dark... Chris took an involuntary step away, but could only stretch as far as Unwin's arm would allow. "I might have let your sword clip her halter..."
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They reached the front door, which stood ajar, and Unwin pushed it open with his foot for them to pass through. The porch was vacant. Obviously, the lass, oaf, and brothers had cleared off. To where, he wasn't sure, but their whereabouts were of no concern to him. 

As they moved forward to the steps, Unwin tensed as he saw that who he had expected to be standing by the hitching post, expected to meet his gaze, to call a greeting to him as she always did, was not there. There were only two unfamiliar steeds where she should have been...

His energy shifted rapidly, and he took the few steps quickly, forcing Christof roughly ahead of him as he moved towards the other two horses. Anger rolled in waves from him, and his eyes flashed to Chris. "No. You little-... Did you let her go? I- You stupid, stupid boy." His voice was faltering, but low, venomous, and his eyes had grown dark, black with sudden rage. This level of anger was maybe not a normal reaction, but Christof had no idea how much the horse meant to him, no idea...

Chris stumbled forward, surprised at his sudden anger. Its just a horse... As much as Unwin's reaction confused him, he couldn't help the smirk that lifted the corners of his lips. He knew that his captor wasn't allowed to kill him, his family wanted them alive, so if Unwin was determined to get his money he would have to behave himself.

Even so, the thought only comforted him a small bit as he turned around to look at Unwin's face. His eyes were very dark... Chris took an involuntary step away, but could only stretch as far as Unwin's arm would allow. "I might have let your sword clip her halter..."

Unwin breathed slow and deep to calm himself, looking briefly up at the waxing moon hanging low in the sky as clouds skirted past. The site of it -and any beautiful thing- had always helped to calm him. But it wasn't helping now, and turning back to Chris, he swiftly clipped his crossbow back to his belt and snatched up his sword from were Chris had left it leaning against the post.

For an instant, the thought flashed through his mind to gut the other man and leave him to die in the dirt. But he stayed his hand. His expression was cold as ice, though a small twitch started in his left eye as, after a short pause, he sheathed the blade, just to make sure he would not use it, and pulled Christof towards the closer of the two horses. 

"It's such a shame that you haven't been as cooperative as your little sister. Jem behaved herself like the good-little-lady she is. I'll make sure to- reword her for that, later..." Unwin said gradually, wishing to get under Christof's skin in any and every way possible, but not meaning what he was implying... He may be cruel and callous, but he was not a completely wretched man, at least not by his or his kind's standards.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:23 pm

"She wouldn't be groveling to you if you hadn't drugged her, coward!" He spat. The thought of Unwin touching her made his stomach twist. "Didn't think you could deal with two? So you resort to that? If she doesn't wake up, you'll be the one running... mark my words."
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by Frundette on Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 pm

"Let's get him to Ian," Kenrick said, referring to the town's Barber Surgeon.  He struggled a bit as Glenn leaned most of his weight onto his two supporters, losing more blood with every step he took. 

Luckily, it was not very far away and once they drew close, Kenrick leaned Glenn against the building and pounded urgently on the door.  The larger youth swayed as if he was drunk, leaning heavily on Fleta.   


---

"Now... about the matter of that map that belongs to me..." Oswin started carefully.  "I believe one of these two must have it.  Do you object to me searching them?"
avatar
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 19
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri May 06, 2016 7:55 am

Chris had no idea what Oswin was looking for, or that it was in Jem's inside pocket. "Why would either of us steal your stuff? We just want to be left alone!"
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by Storytellers CAN on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

Posts : 22339
Likes : 8
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : The Enchanted Forest

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)
Gold Pieces: 9gp 79sp 90cp

http://www.legendsroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It Begins With A Map... - By Frundette

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum