Lost Scout - By Frundette

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

(This is a continuation of a private RP from another site.  Read the backstory here: link and PM me if you wish to join!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The location for the new human settlement could not have been better. Fertile land nestled in small river valley with plenty of standing timber to provide building material and open fields for herds of livestock to graze. Over the past few months, over 3 dozen wagons had arrived to help settle the land. And all seemed well. 

Occasionally, scouts were sent into the surrounding countryside to explore and to ensure there was no danger. But the scouts consistently reported that the land was quiet. And it wasn't until autumn that trouble came. 

Last edited by LoveThatChick on Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"M.....ell...?" Tobias murmured something that sounded vaguely like her name. His eyes were clouded and unfocused, and his breaths coming in quick, ragged gasps. 

----

"Tobias!" A man, Gerald, frantically called as the stocky figure came rushing out  of the smoke. "Oh God no... no, not you..." He sounded tormented to see his friend. "We have to move, to get him outta here... they're killing everybody now."

"I know." Mel said, suddenly quiet as her eyes momentarily clouded. Linton. She thought of her infant son, his limp body having been tossed carelessly aside by the orc who thought only for what was of use to him, which was her... 

In an instant, she snapped out of her fog and her sharp intensity was back. Holding her crossbow at the ready in her right hand, she slid her left under Tobias' arm to haul him away. 

"Gerald. Have you seen Leighton?" She asked, speaking of her husband, owner of the tavern and friend to all, "He got Axton out when the tavern caught ablaze, but I haven't seen them since."

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Brawley would not give Orkhan the satisfaction of showing fear, of pleading for his life. Either of those things a weaker man might be drawn towards, but he was not one of them. And so, as the rain padded down upon him, his breathing slowing into a calm rhythm, he looked into the ugly face of his enemy, fire light glinting off of its dark, rough skin. 

He had yearned to die in battle since he became a warier at the age of sixteen. But once the wars were over, and men like himself went back to farming and the like, he had never felt at peace with the prospect of old age being the one to have the final blow... Brawley was not afraid of death, and so now, with it looming over him, he let that be known as stared it down.

Orkhan was moderately surprised at Brawley's reaction, but mostly disappointed that it wasn't as dramatic as he had hoped. Most humans would have cowered and pleaded with him for their lives--he liked it when they did that. It was more interesting.

In any case, there were many more people still running lose in Camden... it wasn't like he wouldn't get another shot at it. After this half second moment of contemplating, Orkhan brought the sword down through Brawley's chest with enough force to shatter his breast bone. Since his own sword was still holstered on his waist, he decided to keep Brawley's large sword for himself. It could do some more damage yet tonight.

"Let's keep moving," he said gruffly to Draugnot and Olgregda. "We only have until sunrise."

"Papa!" Leonara screamed as she saw Orkhan run her father through, his body jerking for a moment before falling still. She would have screamed more, but Olgregda cuffed her on the head a bit too hard, and she fell into silence, unconscious. 

Olgregda nodded in agreement with Draugnot, then flopped Leona's limp frame over her shoulder and gave what could be considered a smile. "I'll have to carry this one. But I don't mind... she's light as air."

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:30 am

"I know." Mel said, suddenly quiet as her eyes momentarily clouded. Linton. She thought of her infant son, his limp body having been tossed carelessly aside by the orc who thought only for what was of use to him, which was her... 

In an instant, she snapped out of her fog and her sharp intensity was back. Holding her crossbow at the ready in her right hand, she slid her left under Tobias' arm to haul him away. 

"Gerald. Have you seen Leighton?" She asked, speaking of her husband, owner of the tavern and friend to all, "He got Axton out when the tavern caught ablaze, but I haven't seen them since."

"No, I'm sorry, I haven't." He shook his head frantically. The normally composed and quiet miner was looking rather overwhelmed by the events that were continuing to unfold, his confidence was beginning to unravel. He slipped his arm under the other side of Tobias to help her carry him into the trees where they would be more hidden. "Lord Varxis is dead. I seen Judah trying to get some people onto the boats and downstream to safety but the orcs set the boats on fire. I don't know if they made it or not."
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:37 am

"Papa!" Leonara screamed as she saw Orkhan run her father through, his body jerking for a moment before falling still. She would have screamed more, but Olgregda cuffed her on the head a bit too hard, and she fell into silence, unconscious. 

Olgregda nodded in agreement with Draugnot, then flopped Leona's limp frame over her shoulder and gave what could be considered a smile. "I'll have to carry this one. But I don't mind... she's light as air."

"Okay, you can take her." Orkhan said. "Go check on the chains to make sure nobody ain't tryin' no funny business over there. Last I counted we had about thirty good ones, the rest we'll take care of." He didn't need to explain the last part any further--they knew that he meant to kill the remaining people in the settlement. Every last one.

By the time the night was halfway through all of Camden had either been burned to the ground, or was still on fire. The massive bell tower that Judah had rung to warn the village had been torn down, leaving a black charred bronze bell partially buried under the rubble and bodies that had accompanied the take down.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:07 pm

"No, I'm sorry, I haven't." He shook his head frantically. The normally composed and quiet miner was looking rather overwhelmed by the events that were continuing to unfold, his confidence was beginning to unravel. He slipped his arm under the other side of Tobias to help her carry him into the trees where they would be more hidden. "Lord Varxis is dead. I seen Judah trying to get some people onto the boats and downstream to safety but the orcs set the boats on fire. I don't know if they made it or not."

Mel was not the reassuring, comforting type, and so even though she saw and heard that he needed it, she only nodded slowly in acknowledgment of the worsening news. Her chest was steadily tightening with encroaching fears, but she fought them.

Once concealed in the small, hardy outcropping of stout, weathered trees, they laid Tobias gently in the grass. Setting the bow on the ground just in reach, she whipped out her dagger and swiftly cut free a long section of material from around the hem of her linen underskirt, then went about cutting off a second. "I think if we can staunch the bleeding, he'll mend." She said in a hushed tone when finished, then knelt beside Tobias as she retuned the knife to its sheath. 

Folding the second length of white cloth, she pulled up Tobias' shirt to bare the injury and placed it over the wound as a sort of pad, then held the other length as she instructed quickly, "Lift his back off the ground a bit so I can get this wrapped around him."

"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:36 pm

"Okay, you can take her." Orkhan said. "Go check on the chains to make sure nobody ain't tryin' no funny business over there. Last I counted we had about thirty good ones, the rest we'll take care of." He didn't need to explain the last part any further--they knew that he meant to kill the remaining people in the settlement. Every last one.

By the time the night was halfway through all of Camden had either been burned to the ground, or was still on fire. The massive bell tower that Judah had rung to warn the village had been torn down, leaving a black charred bronze bell partially buried under the rubble and bodies that had accompanied the take down.

"Understood." Olgregda replied slowly, savoring the thought as she headed back into the village to check on their new captives, Leonard draped over her shoulder. 

---

"Come on, come on. Get me closer to the forge!" Benedek hissed harshly to those shackled beside him, trying to get them closer to his forge by the back of the blacksmith so that he could use his tools to free them while the orcs were busy with chasing, and catching, and killing people... His blond hair was soaked with blood which ran from a gash at his hairline, coating half of his face in deep red. 

He had a small chisel on his person, which, given good time, could release them all. But a clipper or pair of clamps could have it done in no time at all, and they had no time to spare.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Mel was not the reassuring, comforting type, and so even though she saw and heard that he needed it, she only nodded slowly in acknowledgment of the worsening news. Her chest was steadily tightening with encroaching fears, but she fought them.

Once concealed in the small, hardy outcropping of stout, weathered trees, they laid Tobias gently in the grass. Setting the bow on the ground just in reach, she whipped out her dagger and swiftly cut free a long section of material from around the hem of her linen underskirt, then went about cutting off a second. "I think if we can staunch the bleeding, he'll mend." She said in a hushed tone when finished, then knelt beside Tobias as she retuned the knife to its sheath. 

Folding the second length of white cloth, she pulled up Tobias' shirt to bare the injury and placed it over the wound as a sort of pad, then held the other length as she instructed quickly, "Lift his back off the ground a bit so I can get this wrapped around him."

Gerald's hands were shaking badly as he reached for Tobias. There was so much blood, and it was continuing to spill from the deep wound. The big man was feeling very faint, but he had no choice but to help Mel if he wanted his friend to have a chance at surviving. He slipped his calloused hands under Tobias' back and lifted slowly, trying to keep his stomach level. His body flopped limply and a quiet moan escaped his lips.

"Oh God..." Gerald clamped his jaws shut, ready to be sick.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Gerald's hands were shaking badly as he reached for Tobias. There was so much blood, and it was continuing to spill from the deep wound. The big man was feeling very faint, but he had no choice but to help Mel if he wanted his friend to have a chance at surviving. He slipped his calloused hands under Tobias' back and lifted slowly, trying to keep his stomach level. His body flopped limply and a quiet moan escaped his lips.

"Oh God..." Gerald clamped his jaws shut, ready to be sick.

"Don't abandon me now," Mel snapped as she looked up to see Gerald's pale, queasy face, adding in an undertone, "You can go to pieces as soon as I'm done with him." 

A moment later, she tied off the cloth now snug about Tobias' chest, then moved to lower him back to the ground. The fires cast a leaping light over everything, and heat that did not reach then rose in waves as buildings were devoured. But the outcropping of low trees, just barely up the slop from town, held enough shadow to conceal the trio.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Morell reached the front of his home at a run, but fell back as, with a great sputtering crash, the rest of the roof fell in, sending a gush of flames out to meet him. The heat seared his skin and steam rose in thin whiffs as the heat singed his cloths. Beating out a flame that sprung to life on his sleeve with the other hand, he scrambled back to his feet, looking around wildly in desperation, the thought that Leonard could be trapped in the blazing house tormenting his mind to the point of utter panic. He did not even feel the pain of his wounds and burns.

"Leonara!!!" He called, anger suddenly bobbling up within him as no reply came. Then, the clydesdale's frightened neighs seemed to call back to him from the pasture behind the house. The idea that at that moment, Leona could be escaping on one of them took hold, and he began around the house.

Last edited by LoveThatChick on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:06 am

"Don't abandon me now," Mel snapped as she looked up to see Gerald's pale, queasy face, adding in an undertone, "You can go to pieces as soon as I'm done with him." 

A moment later, she tied off the cloth now snug about Tobias' chest, then moved to lower him back to the ground. The fires cast a leaping light over everything, and heat that did not reach then rose in waves as buildings were devoured. But the outcropping of low trees, just barely up the slop from town, held enough shadow to conceal the trio.

Gerald did not react to her voice, but did lower Tobias back to the ground. Both men looked awful in their own ways--Tobias covered in blood and Gerald as white as a ghost. "Will he be okay? I should really get back to... you know... I have to find Judah." He grabbed onto a tree to steady himself as he got back to his feet. "You should stay here where there is cover."
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:16 am

Gerald did not react to her voice, but did lower Tobias back to the ground. Both men looked awful in their own ways--Tobias covered in blood and Gerald as white as a ghost. "Will he be okay? I should really get back to... you know... I have to find Judah." He grabbed onto a tree to steady himself as he got back to his feet. "You should stay here where there is cover."

Mel scowled deeply. "I think he'll make it, as it appears that the bleeding has stemmed-" She stood -steady, unlike Gerald- and picked up the crossbow, her tone reflecting her scowl as she said bluntly, "But you are in no condition to be running about in search of anyone. You'll only get yourself killed. So, you will stay with Tobias, and I'll look for Judah."

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:26 am

Mel scowled deeply. "I think he'll make it, as it appears that the bleeding has stemmed-" She stood -steady, unlike Gerald- and picked up the crossbow, her tone reflecting her scowl as she said bluntly, "But you are in no condition to be running about in search of anyone. You'll only get yourself killed. So, you will stay with Tobias, and I'll look for Judah."

"Now wait a minute miss," Gerald protested as she grabbed the crossbow. "Those orcs are dangerous out there, too many people have been killed already. You're still healthy... they wouldn't be missin' much to lose me."
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:25 pm

"Now wait a minute miss," Gerald protested as she grabbed the crossbow. "Those orcs are dangerous out there, too many people have been killed already. You're still healthy... they wouldn't be missin' much to lose me."

Even in a time like this, when Mel was most likely to put aside all emotions and focus on only the cold-hard facts, she couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for Gerald now... and a twang of annoyance at being called 'miss' when he knew her name well, and knew- as all did in Camden -that she preferred to be addressed as Mel. It was petty, she knew, but she had to hold on to something.

She took a step towards him, snapping in reply, "Don't you say that. At this point, any life is worth savin'!" Mel realized that, just maybe, that wasn't the kindest thing she could have said, and so, speaking in a more gently tone than she had said anything since the orcs' attack, she added slowly, "Look, I'm much faster than you. Do you remember, how at the Spring Festival, I beat every man in the race? And by a long-shot, too." She took another step towards him and laid a hand gently on his shoulder, "My point is, speed is what matters now, and so is every life that can he salvaged. I have the best chance of getting through there without being killed."

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:13 am

Even in a time like this, when Mel was most likely to put aside all emotions and focus on only the cold-hard facts, she couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for Gerald now... and a twang of annoyance at being called 'miss' when he knew her name well, and knew- as all did in Camden -that she preferred to be addressed as Mel. It was petty, she knew, but she had to hold on to something.

She took a step towards him, snapping in reply, "Don't you say that. At this point, any life is worth savin'!" Mel realized that, just maybe, that wasn't the kindest thing she could have said, and so, speaking in a more gently tone than she had said anything since the orcs' attack, she added slowly, "Look, I'm much faster than you. Do you remember, how at the Spring Festival, I beat every man in the race? And by a long-shot, too." She took another step towards him and laid a hand gently on his shoulder, "My point is, speed is what matters now, and so is every life that can he salvaged. I have the best chance of getting through there without being killed."

Gerald looked a bit taken back at her harsh response, he hadn't meant any harm. The middle aged man had never been married and always felt a bit awkward around women. In fact, Mel's tone actually scared him and he edged a small step away from her when she placed her hand on his shoulder. "Uh... alright," he stammered quickly as she recounted the race. "Go on, I'll stay here then."
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:34 am

Gerald looked a bit taken back at her harsh response, he hadn't meant any harm. The middle aged man had never been married and always felt a bit awkward around women. In fact, Mel's tone actually scared him and he edged a small step away from her when she placed her hand on his shoulder. "Uh... alright," he stammered quickly as she recounted the race. "Go on, I'll stay here then."

Mel was more than a little surprised at how quickly he backed down, but, then again, she could be quite formidable. "Good. Take care of him." said she, glancing briefly to Tobias before turning sharply to leave. For a moment, she paused and looked back over her shoulder to Gerald, adding, "And yourself." then she left the left the trees and headed for town without a backwards glance.

She was younger than Gerald, by about ten or so years, but unlike him, she was married, to Leighton, and had been married three times before to varies miners. In turn, they had all been killed in the mines. And so, even though she had offers from others, and he was almost the opposite of the men she had married in the past, being a kind and quiet sort, she had chosen Leighton. 

It was well known that it was not for lust or power that she chose him -as he could supply neither- but for security. Leighton made plenty of money, he was a good man, and did not work a dangerous job. No, he owned and ran a tavern, and unless you count brats like Morell throwing boiling soup in your face as dangerous, his work was uneventful to say the most. It was for this reason that she was worried for him and her son, Axton... He was no fighter.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:02 am

Mel was more than a little surprised at how quickly he backed down, but, then again, she could be quite formidable. "Good. Take care of him." said she, glancing briefly to Tobias before turning sharply to leave. For a moment, she paused and looked back over her shoulder to Gerald, adding, "And yourself." then she left the left the trees and headed for town without a backwards glance.

She was younger than Gerald, by about ten or so years, but unlike him, she was married, to Leighton, and had been married three times before to varies miners. In turn, they had all been killed in the mines. And so, even though she had offers from others, and he was almost the opposite of the men she had married in the past, being a kind and quiet sort, she had chosen Leighton. 

It was well known that it was not for lust or power that she chose him -as he could supply neither- but for security. Leighton made plenty of money, he was a good man, and did not work a dangerous job. No, he owned and ran a tavern, and unless you count brats like Morell throwing boiling soup in your face as dangerous, his work was uneventful to say the most. It was for this reason that she was worried for him and her son, Axton... He was no fighter.

The orcs were slowly but systematically driving the remaining people towards the unburned section of the settlement, leaving nothing but charred buildings and bodies behind them. They had chosen this direction for their attack because it pushed the people towards the river, which was too formidable to cross at this time of year without the boats, which had already been destroyed. Any fleeing people would be forced to enter the water and either drown or freeze to death.

Only a few houses were in good enough condition to still contain residents, and Draugnot forcefully entered one with his sword raised. He could smell people, and the scent was fresh, leading him to suspect that at least one person was hiding inside.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Storytellers CAN on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:58 am

Bump

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)
Gold Pieces: 9gp 79sp 90cp

http://www.legendsroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:48 pm

The orcs were slowly but systematically driving the remaining people towards the unburned section of the settlement, leaving nothing but charred buildings and bodies behind them. They had chosen this direction for their attack because it pushed the people towards the river, which was too formidable to cross at this time of year without the boats, which had already been destroyed. Any fleeing people would be forced to enter the water and either drown or freeze to death.

Only a few houses were in good enough condition to still contain residents, and Draugnot forcefully entered one with his sword raised. He could smell people, and the scent was fresh, leading him to suspect that at least one person was hiding inside.

The air was hot and thick with smoke, and, hiding under a wooden bed in the back room of the house, Axton struggled not to cough as he heard heavy footfalls approaching. His wiry frame shook with fear, his young mind reeling after all that had become of his quiet town, all he had seen... The boy was just shy of seven, but already tall and rather mature for his age, having inherited his father's build, but his mothers mind. And he was certainly his mother's son, as his red curls, blue eyes and bold character could attest to. But with the fires raging outside, orcs capturing or murdering all they found, his father dead in the street and his mother missing, all that would show was fear. Paralyzing fear.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:08 pm

The air was hot and thick with smoke, and, hiding under a wooden bed in the back room of the house, Axton struggled not to cough as he heard heavy footfalls approaching. His wiry frame shook with fear, his young mind reeling after all that had become of his quiet town, all he had seen... The boy was just shy of seven, but already tall and rather mature for his age, having inherited his father's build, but his mothers mind. And he was certainly his mother's son, as his red curls, blue eyes and bold character could attest to. But with the fires raging outside, orcs capturing or murdering all they found, his father dead in the street and his mother missing, all that would show was fear. Paralyzing fear.

The thick smoke was nearly blinding--even to Draugnot as he stalked through the house. Others might have deemed the house to be empty, but not him. He had caught an unmistakable scent and was tracking it towards the bedroom at the back of the house--fear. The smell of fear was well known to the orcs and they had a certain knack for detecting it.

The door into the room was locked shut but broke easily into several pieces after several kicks with his powerful foot. This is the room... He could almost taste the fear now it was so thick, nearly as strong as the reek of smoke. 

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." He snarled softly in poor English. Although he could smell fear, it wasn't paired with blood and so he knew that the occupant of the room was uninjured thus far. Perhaps it would make a good candidate to take back to the orc camp as a prisoner...
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:40 pm

The thick smoke was nearly blinding--even to Draugnot as he stalked through the house. Others might have deemed the house to be empty, but not him. He had caught an unmistakable scent and was tracking it towards the bedroom at the back of the house--fear. The smell of fear was well known to the orcs and they had a certain knack for detecting it.

The door into the room was locked shut but broke easily into several pieces after several kicks with his powerful foot. This is the room... He could almost taste the fear now it was so thick, nearly as strong as the reek of smoke. 

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." He snarled softly in poor English. Although he could smell fear, it wasn't paired with blood and so he knew that the occupant of the room was uninjured thus far. Perhaps it would make a good candidate to take back to the orc camp as a prisoner...

Axton flinched as the sound of the thick wooden door splintering like a twig broke the rhythmic cacophony of screens, roaring fires, and fierce wind which poured in, along with rain, from the open window to the right of the bed on the far wall from the door. He watched from his hiding spot as the orc entered the room, eyes wide as he took in the huge, rough skinned feet of the creature. But even as the orc spoke, he did not move.

By this time, the smoke --even at floor level were it was thinnest-- was becoming too much for the boy. Far too much. His mind was fussy with it, and his whole body ached. It was lucky that the window let in a slightly fresher breeze, if still heavy with with smoke.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:16 pm

There were only so many places in the room for a human to hide, Draugnot concluded. He knew that it would run out of stamina in the smoke before he did, having been in the room longer. He went to the wooden dresser first and knocked it over with a heavy fist, sending the contents toppling onto a heap on the floor. Other than that it was empty. "I won't hurt you..." He crooned softly. It wasn't exactly a lie... he wasn't planning on killing the human, yet.

Next he turned his attention to the bed. The space between it and the floor was just large enough to hide a small person. He gripped the corner of the frame and heaved it upwards, planning to flip it up and over to reveal what was underneath.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Judah was exhausted by this point. His entire body was smeared with a wet mixture of mud, blood, and soot; and he was starting to fear that the orcs were gaining an edge over the struggling settlement. Many of their trained soldiers hadn't had time to properly gear up for the fight, and thus were trying to battle in their housecoats--making it easier for the orcs to land fatal blows on areas that would normally be protected by armor.

Despite his condition, Judah's mind was far away from his own body. He was kneeling next to the body of the man who had been like a father to him for nearly his entire working life--Lord Varxis. The mighty Lord had been struck down from behind by a cowardly blow from an orc while he was trying to help extinguish one of the fires. He hadn't seen the orc coming up from behind, and didn't have any chance to defend himself from the lethal blow.

Melbourne raced back onto the main street, the heat of the burning structures stinging her eyes as she wildly turned her head to catch site of anyone that could be helped, and hopefully spot Judah. But all she saw was destruction. The orcs had moved on from this end of town to the not yet ablaze part, leaving this side empty. Or at least it appeared to be, with the heavy smoke obscuring her site. 

Thinking that the best place to start looking for Judah would be by Lord Varxis' side, she began briskly for the edge of town to head up the hill.

"Judah! Lord Varxis!" She called into the stormy night, firelight dancing madly across everything as the flames were fanned by the wind, bringing to life misshapen shadows in the smoke which rose and fell, gleeful in their wickedness, tricking her into seeing other living people, then slithering away. Several times she raised her crossbow in anticipation of a sudden attack, only to have the hulking shadow vanish or loose its form. With growing anxiety, she called again, "Judah!"

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:32 pm

Melbourne raced back onto the main street, the heat of the burning structures stinging her eyes as she wildly turned her head to catch site of anyone that could be helped, and hopefully spot Judah. But all she saw was destruction. The orcs had moved on from this end of town to the not yet ablaze part, leaving this side empty. Or at least it appeared to be, with the heavy smoke obscuring her site. 

Thinking that the best place to start looking for Judah would be by Lord Varxis' side, she began briskly for the edge of town to head up the hill.

"Judah! Lord Varxis!" She called into the stormy night, firelight dancing madly across everything as the flames were fanned by the wind, bringing to life misshapen shadows in the smoke which rose and fell, gleeful in their wickedness, tricking her into seeing other living people, then slithering away. Several times she raised her crossbow in anticipation of a sudden attack, only to have the hulking shadow vanish or loose its form. With growing anxiety, she called again, "Judah!"

Judah thought he heard the sound of a woman's voice above the roar of the wind of flames. However, like Melbourne, he was unsure if it was actually a person, or the fire and smoke playing tricks on his mind. Exhaustion and blood loss was already making him light headed. 

Nevertheless, he looked up bleakly towards the sound of the voice. Barely visible in the gloom he could make out the silhouette of a person. "Over here..." He croaked, his voice barely audible. Clearing his throat he tried again, "Over here!"
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There were only so many places in the room for a human to hide, Draugnot concluded. He knew that it would run out of stamina in the smoke before he did, having been in the room longer. He went to the wooden dresser first and knocked it over with a heavy fist, sending the contents toppling onto a heap on the floor. Other than that it was empty. "I won't hurt you..." He crooned softly. It wasn't exactly a lie... he wasn't planning on killing the human, yet.

Next he turned his attention to the bed. The space between it and the floor was just large enough to hide a small person. He gripped the corner of the frame and heaved it upwards, planning to flip it up and over to reveal what was underneath.

Axton let out a small yelp as the bed tumbled over with a clatter, then the site of Draugnot towering over sent him into panic. He back peddled away from the orc and into the wall. The window was to his right, and he quickly began to edge towards it. But even through the franticness of his mind, he realized that it was a long shot, and that being caught was inevitable. This thought was of no comfort to the frightened boy.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:48 am

Judah thought he heard the sound of a woman's voice above the roar of the wind of flames. However, like Melbourne, he was unsure if it was actually a person, or the fire and smoke playing tricks on his mind. Exhaustion and blood loss was already making him light headed. 

Nevertheless, he looked up bleakly towards the sound of the voice. Barely visible in the gloom he could make out the silhouette of a person. "Over here..." He croaked, his voice barely audible. Clearing his throat he tried again, "Over here!"

Mel just caught Judah's words before they were whipped away by the wind, and though, even with his voice raised, they were faint, she recognized the tone to his. Quickly looking in the direction she believed his voice had come from, she began heading that way briskly, hoping that he'd be in better shape than Tobias, as she did not know if she'd have the strength to both assist him to relative safety and protect them at the same time.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Mel just caught Judah's words before they were whipped away by the wind, and though, even with his voice raised, they were faint, she recognized the tone to his. Quickly looking in the direction she believed his voice had come from, she began heading that way briskly, hoping that he'd be in better shape than Tobias, as she did not know if she'd have the strength to both assist him to relative safety and protect them at the same time.

As the figure began to approach, Judah wiped his sleeve across his forehead to clear the blood off and stood up. With Lord Varxis dead, the settlement of Camden--whatever was left of it--was in his hands. The chaos was slowly moving towards the river as the people fled in the only direction that was left. With a pang of dread, Judah realized that they would be trapped, leaving only death by the freezing river, or death by an orc blade as options.

There wasn't even time to dispose of his previous Lord's body, all he could do was pull some debris on top to cover it from the elements. With any luck there would be enough survivors at the end of the battle to bury him.

Judah was relieved to see Mel appear out of the gloom. He was familiar with the capable woman's abilities, at least that left two of them to help drive out the orcs. "Mel," he paused, rapidly trying to come up with a plan. "The people... we have to stop them from fleeing into the river, and distract the orcs with something."
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum