Lost Scout - By Frundette

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 am

First topic message reminder :

(This is a continuation of a private RP from another site.  Read the backstory here: link and PM me if you wish to join!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The location for the new human settlement could not have been better. Fertile land nestled in small river valley with plenty of standing timber to provide building material and open fields for herds of livestock to graze. Over the past few months, over 3 dozen wagons had arrived to help settle the land. And all seemed well. 

Occasionally, scouts were sent into the surrounding countryside to explore and to ensure there was no danger. But the scouts consistently reported that the land was quiet. And it wasn't until autumn that trouble came. 

Last edited by LoveThatChick on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:48 am; edited 2 times in total
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:22 pm

"Yes, you are" Anna said and sat up to look at him, frowning severly at him "Even if I have to break that leg again and drag you back, you will be tried for murdering my father as well as betraying the towns" She said then stood up, moving away from the cliff

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Aelfric trusted his own eyes far more than any words that spilled out of this creature's mouth, so he ignored Gomez, instead taking a moment to glance around, pleased to see the camp almost deserted. 

He had one thing to do before making a run for it... and that was to see if Gytha was here.  "Where do you sleep, Gomez?" he asked quietly.

---

Grishkah almost trembled with excitement as the orcs crept down the hill toward the town of Camden with a surprising level of noise discipline.  A few carried torches, intended for setting thatched roofs ablaze, but the rest were near invisible.  The dark figures made it to the edge of town, slipping in quickly as the ones with torches set the edges of the closest roofs on fire.  It would be only moments before all hell broke loose...

"Wha?" The surprise was obvious in his tone, Gomez hadn't expected that question. "Uhh, over there." He gestured towards the single cage where the remaining slaves were being kept. Although he didn't sleep in the cage, his status among the orcs didn't exactly warrant him a place to bed that was too far away. "Why d'ya want to know?" He asked suspiciously.

--

Orkhan raised his torch away from one of the roofs that was now engulfed in hot flames and tipped it towards another. The surprised screams from inside made his fingers quiver with excitement and pleasure as he stalked through the narrow dirt street.

--

Judah was halfway up the hill towards Lord Varxis' hut when he heard the faintest hint of a scream. The terrified voice was almost entirely lost in the wind that had whipped up suddenly, but it was enough to make him turn around and see the glow of fire on the far edge of Camden. The small flames were growing rapidly as the wind fed them and helped them jump to more huts. Almost instantly a sickening feeling clenched his gut and he began to run up the hill to sound the alarm. At this point, however, he was unaware that the fire had been started by the orcs.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Aelfric trusted his own eyes far more than any words that spilled out of this creature's mouth, so he ignored Gomez, instead taking a moment to glance around, pleased to see the camp almost deserted. 

He had one thing to do before making a run for it... and that was to see if Gytha was here.  "Where do you sleep, Gomez?" he asked quietly.

---

Grishkah almost trembled with excitement as the orcs crept down the hill toward the town of Camden with a surprising level of noise discipline.  A few carried torches, intended for setting thatched roofs ablaze, but the rest were near invisible.  The dark figures made it to the edge of town, slipping in quickly as the ones with torches set the edges of the closest roofs on fire.  It would be only moments before all hell broke loose...

"Wha?" The surprise was obvious in his tone, Gomez hadn't expected that question. "Uhh, over there." He gestured towards the single cage where the remaining slaves were being kept. Although he didn't sleep in the cage, his status among the orcs didn't exactly warrant him a place to bed that was too far away. "Why d'ya want to know?" He asked suspiciously.

--

Orkhan raised his torch away from one of the roofs that was now engulfed in hot flames and tipped it towards another. The surprised screams from inside made his fingers quiver with excitement and pleasure as he stalked through the narrow dirt street.

--

Judah was halfway up the hill towards Lord Varxis' hut when he heard the faintest hint of a scream. The terrified voice was almost entirely lost in the wind that had whipped up suddenly, but it was enough to make him turn around and see the glow of fire on the far edge of Camden. The small flames were growing rapidly as the wind fed them and helped them jump to more huts. Almost instantly a sickening feeling clenched his gut and he began to run up the hill to sound the alarm. At this point, however, he was unaware that the fire had been started by the orcs.

Leonara rolled over in her sleep, unaware of the orcs, the fires, or anything. Then the smoke reached her. She coughed, once, then woke with a jolt. She set up sharply, disorientated by the darkness. But then she heard a scream. Leona leaped out of bed, rushing to her wardrobe and pulling on a dress from it so that she could be out side and see what was the matter. That was when the far corner of the roof became alight, spreading rapidly. Leona screamed, falling back against the wall, then throwing herself towards the door and flying from the room to wake her parents. 

---

Morell had not went back home, and instead had stayed by the mine, for though he had a place to sleep, he was not truly welcome there. Rain began to fall, the storm having reached the valley. Morell was looking up into the black sky as cold drops landed on his face, washing off lines of the coal dust which coated his pale skin, when he caught the glow of flame from the corner of his eye. Looking towards town, the now blazing fires met his eyes, and he started to run. Not away from, but towards town. He had to find Leonara.
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:04 am

David glanced to the men then made his way to the bar, nodding "Yes, some food and ale while we wait out this storm sounds very good" He said and smiled kindly. He was worried that the storm would last all night from the way it looked out there.

Berthold smiled and nodded in reply, grabbing three mugs and turning his back on the bar to fill them from the keg, saying as he did, "So, where're you gents headed in this storm?"

"To Camden, but the weather is too harsh to continue, so we stopped in to wait it out." Anwir said, pushing the hood of his cloak back and leaning against the bar, "I've heard of your meat pies, but I've never stopped in to have one."

"Oh, well you're in for a treat." Berthold looked back over his shoulder to Anwir, and asked, "lamb, rabbit, or boar?" 

"Rabbit." Anwir answered. Though the word was not significant to anyone else, his decision made the difference between his companions' lives and deaths. It meant, that they would live.

Berthold gave a slight smile and nod in reply, nowing the meaning, then looked to Charles and David, "And what about you two, lamb, rabbit, or boar?" After a moment, he turned back to them, placing their mugs of ale on the bar and sliding them in front of each man.
David glanced to Anwir then held his mug "You said your wife makes the best lamb pies, so I think I would like to try one of those." He said and smiled at the barkeep before looking to Charles for his answer. A powerful gust of wind had his gaze move to the window as he took a drink from his mug. He was hoping they would have time to reach Camdeon before the orcs did

Berthold gave another nod and smile, then looked to Charles. But just as David did, he also looked to the wind battered window, sighing, "This storm is a harsh one," he turned back to the men, "It's a good thing ye stopped in, or ye'd be stuck in that, and there ain't much in way of shelter 'long this road 'part from my inn."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 am

David glanced to Anwir then held his mug "You said your wife makes the best lamb pies, so I think I would like to try one of those." He said and smiled at the barkeep before looking to Charles for his answer. A powerful gust of wind had his gaze move to the window as he took a drink from his mug. He was hoping they would have time to reach Camdeon before the orcs did

Berthold gave another nod and smile, then looked to Charles. But just as David did, he also looked to the wind battered window, sighing, "This storm is a harsh one," he turned back to the men, "It's a good thing ye stopped in, or ye'd be stuck in that, and there ain't much in way of shelter 'long this road 'part from my inn."
David nodded and turned back to the bar again "Yeah, this stretch has always been like that" He said and took another drink from his mug. He had traveled this way many times, but had never stopped at the inn, having reached this place early enough to press on and reach the town he was headed towards. "Well, I am glad you are here now, so we are not stuck in that storm." He said and smiled to the bartender then glanced to the two men "We must leave as soon as the storm passes to reach Camden and deliver the warning"

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:23 am

Bump...  hidding
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:34 pm

(I've been awaiting the grand attack of Camden! That and Charles to say which meat pie he wants. 'Lamb, rabbit, or boar,' pretty easy choice, but he likes to think things like that through, apparently. Wink )

"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Same here! The anticipation is killing me Smile
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Storytellers CAN on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:14 pm

bump

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
Storytellers CAN
♡The Mistress ♡
♡The Mistress ♡

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
7/7  (7/7)
EXP:
1000/3000  (1000/3000)
Gold Pieces: 9gp 79sp 90cp

http://www.legendsroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:15 am

Thanks Can, Frunette disappeared! Again. :/ 

Btw, for the sake of keeping an RP going, am I allowed to take over a character if someone doesn't post for a long time?

"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:33 am

I think so... if Frundette returns she can re take the characters if she wants, or create new ones.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think so... if Frundette returns she can re take the characters if she wants, or create new ones.

That's good enough for me. ANARCHY! 

Hey, do you want to play the Orc leader? I'm heading for Charles, and I'll play any Orcs that need to be, but I just don't feel qualified to lead an army at this time... Also, do you want to bring someone in who is staying at The Fair Lady inn?

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:28 pm

LTC, I can lead the orc attack if you'd like! And yeah, I'll bring in a character at the inn too.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Sounds great! And I'm thinking that we may have to do the same with the Map, though I kind of already did with Ken and Glenn.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:33 pm

David nodded and turned back to the bar again "Yeah, this stretch has always been like that" He said and took another drink from his mug. He had traveled this way many times, but had never stopped at the inn, having reached this place early enough to press on and reach the town he was headed towards. "Well, I am glad you are here now, so we are not stuck in that storm." He said and smiled to the bartender then glanced to the two men "We must leave as soon as the storm passes to reach Camden and deliver the warning"

"Of course," Anwir replied, seeming just as serious about wanting to warn the mining town as David did, and maybe a hair more. "Let's hope it blows through, and soon." He took a swig of his drink, then sighed, "If we don't warn them, who knows what will befall them..."

Berthold was fairly interested in their conversation, but couldn't tell exactly what they were on about, as all he knew was that- if he did as Sir Anwir wanted- he got paid, and well for it. He looked to the fire in the hearth as it crackled and sputtered, then to Charles expectantly.

"I'll have the same. The lamb, thank you." Charles said with a friendly, if not slightly absent smile. His thoughts were not on what he was about to eat. Far from it. 

"I'll be right back with 'em pies 'dem." Berthold said, smiling again as he walked out from behind the bar and through a door to the kitchen.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:41 pm

David sighed and nodded absently as he watched the storm through the window. If he wasn't so tired from the long ride, he would be pacing relentlessly as he waited. As it was he simply held his hands behind his back and stared at the storm, thinking.

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Leonara rolled over in her sleep, unaware of the orcs, the fires, or anything. Then the smoke reached her. She coughed, once, then woke with a jolt. She set up sharply, disorientated by the darkness. But then she heard a scream. Leona leaped out of bed, rushing to her wardrobe and pulling on a dress from it so that she could be out side and see what was the matter. That was when the far corner of the roof became alight, spreading rapidly. Leona screamed, falling back against the wall, then throwing herself towards the door and flying from the room to wake her parents. 

After lighting the second house on fire with his torch, Orkhan shifted his focus to capturing some of the residents who would be fleeing the burning structures for their lives. With a loud roar he kicked down the front door and ducked through the entrance way with one hand free to grab people, and the other still carrying his torch. The smoke was thick, even for him, and he knew that he could not stay long. The fire would eventually surpass even his ability to function, but the smaller and weaker humans would be forced out first.

---

About ten minutes after the initial assault began, Judah reached the summit of the hill overlooking Camden--where Lord Varxis lived, and where the alarm bell was located. He raced frantically up the steps to the top of the bell tower, while catching fleeting glances of the terror unfolding below. Once at the top he grasped the rope firmly in both hands and pulled, causing a loud, resonating "clang" sound to warn the villagers who were still asleep.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Leonara rolled over in her sleep, unaware of the orcs, the fires, or anything. Then the smoke reached her. She coughed, once, then woke with a jolt. She set up sharply, disorientated by the darkness. But then she heard a scream. Leona leaped out of bed, rushing to her wardrobe and pulling on a dress from it so that she could be out side and see what was the matter. That was when the far corner of the roof became alight, spreading rapidly. Leona screamed, falling back against the wall, then throwing herself towards the door and flying from the room to wake her parents. 

After lighting the second house on fire with his torch, Orkhan shifted his focus to capturing some of the residents who would be fleeing the burning structures for their lives. With a loud roar he kicked down the front door and ducked through the entrance way with one hand free to grab people, and the other still carrying his torch. The smoke was thick, even for him, and he knew that he could not stay long. The fire would eventually surpass even his ability to function, but the smaller and weaker humans would be forced out first.

---

About ten minutes after the initial assault began, Judah reached the summit of the hill overlooking Camden--where Lord Varxis lived, and where the alarm bell was located. He raced frantically up the steps to the top of the bell tower, while catching fleeting glances of the terror unfolding below. Once at the top he grasped the rope firmly in both hands and pulled, causing a loud, resonating "clang" sound to warn the villagers who were still asleep.

Just an instant before Orkhan broke down the door, Leona darted into her parent's room. She reached their bedside, running straight into her mother as she was flying from bed at the orc's terrifying roar. 

"Oh, Leonara!" Aldreda started, panicked and confused, but relieved to find her daughter in her arms, "What is-" she suddenly began to cough violently, the thick smoke now pouring through the door to the room.
"Mum, the house is on fire!" Leona gasped, her normally soft, light voice now hoarse and weak, though her inner strangth was behind it. 
"Orcs..." A deep, biting voice growled. It was Brawley, her father.
"What?!" Leona was shoked. She had never even seen one, as they had suposidly been driven from the lands long ago. She could hear him moving rapidly about as he quickly took something from the dresser, then moved to the door.  
"Both of you, go out the back door and head for the river. Now!" Brawley barked, pulling his long sword from its scabbard now strapped to his hip over his nightclothes. He was long retired from his days of survice in the fight against the Orcs. In his youth, he had fought the foul creatures for these very lands, and he had been well known for his fighting skill and his lion's heart, but was now much older, and the years had not been that kind. Never the less, the flaxen haired bear of a man was still strong and ready for a fight.

Holding his sword at the ready, he stepped briskly out into the hall. The sight of Orkhan, with the torch light illuminating his wretched features, seemed to invigorate the old warrior in Brawley, and he charged forward at the beast, swinging the sword to strike as a hate filled war roar of his own rose in his throat.

Leona could hear the bell now, loud and ominous as screams rent the air stormy night air. Without pause, she obeyed her father, pulling her frantic mother out of the room and racing to the back door. 

---

Morell reached the edge of town at a run, but froze in his tracks in the middle of the road at the sight of the chaos now in full swing. Townsfolk were fleeing their burning homes; large, humaniod beings that he had never seen before, but knew had to be orcs, making chase, catching them, and slaughtering some that fought back. 

Then one spotted him. It was about fifteen paces away, and it turned to face him, light from the fires glinting off of the yellowish teeth in its pointed smile and the steel of its short sword and light armer. It began to approach slowly as it snarled, "Lil man, yee stay where is yees ares..." The rather thin framed, young female orc, by the name of Olgregda, demanded happily, enjoying the wide eyed fear on the boys face. Her voice was rather light and lilting for her kind, almost humanoid. "Yees g'ing be me prizes!"

Morell couldn't move from terror. His mind was screaming for his limbs to cooperate, but they were rigged, his heart racing like that of a hunted rabbit in his chest. The orc's smile was widening into a grin as she closed the space between them, and he could now smell the hot metallic scent that was fresh blood. It was heavy on her rough, greenish-gray skin, along with the scents of death and fear. 

"Don' yee be worry'm, Olgregda take'e well care o' 'er prizes." She crooned, her hand that was not holding the short sword reaching out to take hold of her new toy's upper arm. But then, just as the sharp, claw like nails of her long, bony fingers caught on the thin, soaked gray fabric of his sleeve, Judah rang the town bell. 

As if struck by lightning, Morell was jolted from his fear, and he bolted. 

Olgregda's fingers instinctively tighten on his arm to catch him up, only to catch hold of skin and fabric which tore straight through. Blood spurted from four long, jagged cuts where her nails scored his upper arm, but she could not get a firm hold as he darted out of her reach. But he was not yet far enough to be out of her blade's reach. 

He cried out in pain as the orc's blade found his flesh with unexpected quickness, cutting from the top of his right shoulder to the last rib of the left side. Morell tumbled forward into the mud, but scrambled to his feet and took off before she could catch him or strike again. The gash was painful, and the mud stung as blood streamed from it. But it was not so deep as to be deadly, and he had no tine to deal with it now. From behind him, Olgregda roared with rage, but she, nor anyone he'd ever encountered, could match his spread and agility.

Thunder boomed in the sky, drowning out the screams and cries of the townspeople, the roars and guttural shouts of the orcs, and the crackling and spitting of the raging fires as lightning streaked across the black clouds. 

Morell dodged orcs and humans alike as he ran flat out through the rain and mud, back on course and heading for his adopted family's home.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Just an instant before Orkhan broke down the door, Leona darted into her parent's room. She reached their bedside, running straight into her mother as she was flying from bed at the orc's terrifying roar. 

"Oh, Leonara!" Aldreda started, panicked and confused, but relieved to find her daughter in her arms, "What is-" she suddenly began to cough violently, the thick smoke now pouring through the door to the room.
"Mum, the house is on fire!" Leona gasped, her normally soft, light voice now hoarse and weak, though her inner strangth was behind it. 
"What?!" Leona was shoked. She had never even seen one, as they had suposidly been driven from the lands long ago. She could hear him moving rapidly about as he quickly took something from the dresser, then moved to the door.  
"Both of you, go out the back door and head for the river. Now!" Brawley barked, pulling his long sword from its scabbard now strapped to his hip over his nightclothes. He was long retired from his days of survice in the fight against the Orcs. In his youth, he had fought the foul creatures for these very lands, and he had been well known for his fighting skill and his lion's heart, but was now much older, and the years had not been that kind. Never the less, the flaxen haired bear of a man was still strong and ready for a fight.

Holding his sword at the ready, he stepped briskly out into the hall. The sight of Orkhan, with the torch light illuminating his wretched features, seemed to invigorate the old warrior in Brawley, and he charged forward at the beast, swinging the sword to strike as a hate filled war roar of his own rose in his throat.

Leona could hear the bell now, loud and ominous as screams rent the air stormy night air. Without pause, she obeyed her father, pulling her frantic mother out of the room and racing to the back door. 

Orkhan was halfway down the hallway towards the parents bedroom, looking for people. He peered into Leonara's bedroom but upon finding it empty, returned to the hall and heard Brawley's angry roar as the older man charged out of the second bedroom door. Orkhan was prepared for a fight, and he raised the burning torch to swing at the charging man. He waited for a half second, until Brawley was close enough to hit, and the swung his weapon with tremendous strength towards him--aiming to hit the man square across the chest.

Draughnot and the second wave of orcs were closely following Orkhan in the first wave, except instead of torches they were carrying swords. The first wave was supposed to light the fires and cause the chaos, while the second wave followed up to capture the fleeing people. Several of them were dragging heavy chains behind them with ankle shackles attached to hold their prisoners until the siege was finished.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:17 pm

Ghamorz was part of the second attack wave, tasked with retrieving as many humans as possible. A older orc, she was a veteran of war and did not hesitate to dispatch those who got in her way. Already, a death toll of two "heroic" men stained the grass behind her.

A few paces ahead of her, Tobias was stumbling out of a burning house was his hand clamped tightly over his mouth. The miner had just spent the last ten minutes freeing a small child from the collapsed wreckage. The child had run off with his family but Tobias, suffering from smoke inhalation, barely managed to make it outside--and even then was coughing so badly that it caught the attention of Ghamorz.

The hunting orc found Tobias quickly as the sound of him coughing was loud. In one hand she was carrying a formidable looking sword, and with the other hand she rocked the laboring miner in the gut so hard he flew backwards--landing hard on his back about four feet from where he had originally stood. It was then that he seen Morell running past them, although in the smoke he knew that the other man hadn't seen them yet. "Morell..." His call for help was weak at first, but he managed to gain enough strength to shout a second time. "Morell! Help!"
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:David sighed and nodded absently as he watched the storm through the window. If he wasn't so tired from the long ride, he would be pacing relentlessly as he waited. As it was he simply held his hands behind his back and stared at the storm, thinking.

The tiredness that David and Charles were feeling was not entirely due to their hard day of travail, and as the night wore on, it would become more and more due to Anwir's choice of rabbit pie... Just as boar would have indicated for his companions to be poisoned, rabbit indicated sedation. Now, if he would have chosen lamb, nothing what so ever would have been slipped into their drinks. But as it were, Anwir could not take the chance that the storm would clear in time for them to warn Camden; though, he had to admit that, even with ample time to prepare, the small mining and herding town would not stand a chance when confronted by such an enemy as the orcs. 

Anwir raised his mug and took a slow swig, hiding his soft smirk. 

Berthold returned through the kitchen door, but was not holding plates of pies. Instead, a woman followed, carrying a tray which held their food. She was very slender and small in stature, her eyes a deep green-blue and her hair a rich mahogany, her skin light and smooth. Her olive green dress was pushed out rather far to cover the bulge of her stomach. She was pregnant, and very far along by the looks of it.

"This is my wife, Verena." Berthold said, a slight smug smile spreading across his wide face. 

Verena smiled gently to their patrons, setting the tray on the back bar then placing a pewter plate before each of the men, a softly steaming, golden crusted pie on each. They smelt delicious. "I'n hope you dose enjoy." She said softly in a thick, throaty accent that was most certainly foreign. She did not rase her gaze to meat theirs but for a moment.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:12 pm

David blinked and dipped his head in thanks "Thank you mistress Varena" He said kindly then glanced to the others then the window again before he started to eat "The way that storm looks, we may need a room before it passes" He didn't like that thought, but with how tired he was feeling and the way it did look, he was thinking they wouldn't have much choice in the matter.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:David blinked and dipped his head in thanks "Thank you mistress Varena" He said kindly then glanced to the others then the window again before he started to eat "The way that storm looks, we may need a room before it passes" He didn't like that thought, but with how tired he was feeling and the way it did look, he was thinking they wouldn't have much choice in the matter.

Verena bowed slightly, smiled humbly, and backed away, picking up the tray before leaving. 

Anwir stuck a fork into his own pie and took a bite of the delicious thing with its delicate, buttery crust, then replied to David after swallowing, "You may be right. The storm has probably reached Camden by now." The storm... He laughed inwardly. The storm of blood-thirsty orcs, or the dark clouds? I am imagining- both!

Berthold was starting to get slightly worried, having heard the men- one of them his employer -speak of the mining town again. He and his family were only ever informed by Anwir of what they needed to know. But two of his eldest sons, Berwald and Benedek, lived in the mountain town, and another two, the younger twins Bernadotte and Bernhard, were picking up supplies. "Did I hear yee sayin' somethin' 'bout warnin' Camden earlier? Warn them of what?" He asked conversationally, but he couldn't completely hide his concern.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:David blinked and dipped his head in thanks "Thank you mistress Varena" He said kindly then glanced to the others then the window again before he started to eat "The way that storm looks, we may need a room before it passes" He didn't like that thought, but with how tired he was feeling and the way it did look, he was thinking they wouldn't have much choice in the matter.

Verena bowed slightly, smiled humbly, and backed away, picking up the tray before leaving. 

Anwir stuck a fork into his own pie and took a bite of the delicious thing with its delicate, buttery crust, then replied to David after swallowing, "You may be right. The storm has probably reached Camden by now." The storm... He laughed inwardly. The storm of blood-thirsty orcs, or the dark clouds? I am imagining- both!

Berthold was starting to get slightly worried, having heard the men- one of them his employer -speak of the mining town again. He and his family were only ever informed by Anwir of what they needed to know. But two of his eldest sons, Berwald and Benedek, lived in the mountain town, and another two, the younger twins Bernadotte and Bernhard, were picking up supplies. "Did I hear yee sayin' somethin' 'bout warnin' Camden earlier? Warn them of what?" He asked conversationally, but he couldn't completely hide his concern.
"We have been informed of an orc hoard that plans to attack the towns around here" David replied, glancing up from his pie "We are uncertain of which town they will attack first, so we were sent to warn Camden while others have been sent to the other villages. You should be on alert here as well" He fell silent again, looking towards the window with a sigh.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 am

Orkhan was halfway down the hallway towards the parents bedroom, looking for people. He peered into Leonara's bedroom but upon finding it empty, returned to the hall and heard Brawley's angry roar as the older man charged out of the second bedroom door. Orkhan was prepared for a fight, and he raised the burning torch to swing at the charging man. He waited for a half second, until Brawley was close enough to hit, and the swung his weapon with tremendous strength towards him--aiming to hit the man square across the chest.

Brawley had anticipated Orkhan's move, but with the overwhelming smoke clawing at his lungs and clouding his thoughts, he overestimated his own reflexes. Otherwise, he could have blocked the flaming torch, or at least have dodged it, then darted in for the kill. But not now. Not successfully at least, with his breath labored and he muscles screaming from lack of oxygen. 

The swing of his blade sent it into the side of the orc's torch, splinters flying in all directions as it was chopped in half, the fiery front end falling to the ground between the adversaries. The vibration from the blow as he struck the wood of the torch loosened Brawley's grip on the long sword and it flue from is grasp, only to clatter to the floor just on the other side of the flames now starting to spread low from the chopped-off torch head between them. 

Brawley could see over his shoulder that the back door was open wide, meaning that his family had escaped. This gave him an odd sense of calm. He snarled gently, out of breath and choking on the smoke filled air. Even with the front and back doors open, creating a draw which pulled cold wind through in a rush, the smoke and heat were still stifling as the flames were fanned. 

Without pause, he lunged for his sword, one hand reaching for the blade through the flames.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Draughnot and the second wave of orcs were closely following Orkhan in the first wave, except instead of torches they were carrying swords. The first wave was supposed to light the fires and cause the chaos, while the second wave followed up to capture the fleeing people. Several of them were dragging heavy chains behind them with ankle shackles attached to hold their prisoners until the siege was finished.

Leonara pulled her mother roughly by the hand out the back door, grabbing her satchel from a hook on the way out. She raced through the small garden and started swiftly down the grassy slope towards the river as her father had instructed. 

"Mother, quiet!" Leona warned in a hushed tone, fear bringing a quiver to her voice. But her mother did not hear her. 
"No, No!" Aldreda cried out, part of their home's roof falling in and flames leaping up in glee to devour the next section as she wailed, "Brawley! BRAWLEY!" 
"No! Mother, we can not-" Leona started, but suddenly her mother's hand was no-longer in hers, and the distraught woman was running back up the slope, her cries of anguish loud enough to be heard over the roar of the fires and the blustering wind. 

--- 

A moment earlier, Olgregda looked up from her latest kill, pulling her sword slowly from the old woman's stomach who lay dying, trapped under her foot as she spotted, through the space between two homes, two females escaping down the slope towards the river. "Draughnot!" She called to the other orc coming past in the rough orc tongue, excitement lifting her tone, "Draughnot! Some are escaping!"

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum