Lost Scout - By Frundette

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 am

First topic message reminder :

(This is a continuation of a private RP from another site.  Read the backstory here: link and PM me if you wish to join!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The location for the new human settlement could not have been better. Fertile land nestled in small river valley with plenty of standing timber to provide building material and open fields for herds of livestock to graze. Over the past few months, over 3 dozen wagons had arrived to help settle the land. And all seemed well. 

Occasionally, scouts were sent into the surrounding countryside to explore and to ensure there was no danger. But the scouts consistently reported that the land was quiet. And it wasn't until autumn that trouble came. 

Last edited by LoveThatChick on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:48 am; edited 2 times in total
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Mel just caught Judah's words before they were whipped away by the wind, and though, even with his voice raised, they were faint, she recognized the tone to his. Quickly looking in the direction she believed his voice had come from, she began heading that way briskly, hoping that he'd be in better shape than Tobias, as she did not know if she'd have the strength to both assist him to relative safety and protect them at the same time.

As the figure began to approach, Judah wiped his sleeve across his forehead to clear the blood off and stood up. With Lord Varxis dead, the settlement of Camden--whatever was left of it--was in his hands. The chaos was slowly moving towards the river as the people fled in the only direction that was left. With a pang of dread, Judah realized that they would be trapped, leaving only death by the freezing river, or death by an orc blade as options.

There wasn't even time to dispose of his previous Lord's body, all he could do was pull some debris on top to cover it from the elements. With any luck there would be enough survivors at the end of the battle to bury him.

Judah was relieved to see Mel appear out of the gloom. He was familiar with the capable woman's abilities, at least that left two of them to help drive out the orcs. "Mel," he paused, rapidly trying to come up with a plan. "The people... we have to stop them from fleeing into the river, and distract the orcs with something."

ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:26 am

Axton let out a small yelp as the bed tumbled over with a clatter, then the site of Draugnot towering over sent him into panic. He back peddled away from the orc and into the wall. The window was to his right, and he quickly began to edge towards it. But even through the franticness of his mind, he realized that it was a long shot, and that being caught was inevitable. This thought was of no comfort to the frightened boy.

Draugnot seen his glance at the window, but was not concerned about the boy escaping. He looked too frightened to move. Instead of lunging forward with his sword, Draugnot reached with his large hand to grab Axton's arm. Some of the orcs were already preparing the chain of shackles, lined with newly caught slaves, to be marched back to camp. He was sure there was still room for one more.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:05 pm

Mel just caught Judah's words before they were whipped away by the wind, and though, even with his voice raised, they were faint, she recognized the tone to be his. Quickly looking in the direction she believed his voice had come from, she began heading that way briskly, hoping that he'd be in better shape than Tobias, as she did not know if she'd have the strength to both assist him to relative safety and protect them at the same time.

As the figure began to approach, Judah wiped his sleeve across his forehead to clear the blood off and stood up. With Lord Varxis dead, the settlement of Camden--whatever was left of it--was in his hands. The chaos was slowly moving towards the river as the people fled in the only direction that was left. With a pang of dread, Judah realized that they would be trapped, leaving only death by the freezing river, or death by an orc blade as options.

There wasn't even time to dispose of his previous Lord's body, all he could do was pull some debris on top to cover it from the elements. With any luck there would be enough survivors at the end of the battle to bury him.

Judah was relieved to see Mel appear out of the gloom. He was familiar with the capable woman's abilities, at least that left two of them to help drive out the orcs. "Mel," he paused, rapidly trying to come up with a plan. "The people... we have to stop them from fleeing into the river, and distract the orcs with something."

Mel crossed the remaining ground between them as he spoke, replying in her ever steady voice, "I know, but how? And where is Lord V-" She stopped dead. From afar, with debris almost completely obscuring him, she had not recognized the body which lay close to Judah. But now, as she reached him, she could see that it was the lifeless body of Lord Varxis. 

This new information took a moment to sink in, and for a moment she fell silent, before saying in a quiet tone to Judah, placing a hand gently on the mans shoulder, "I'm so sorry... I know you were close to him, and he-" Her attempt at comforting him was cut short by a renewed symphony of frightened cries from the other end of town.

"...So let us not have Lord Varxis' death be in vain, Judah." She began again, tone picking up as she met his eyes, trying to invigorate him, as he seemed close to breaking down. "We'll have our time to grieve, but it must wait. We still have time to save those who live. But we must act fast. We must act now."

"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:18 am

Mel crossed the remaining ground between them as he spoke, replying in her ever steady voice, "I know, but how? And where is Lord V-" She stopped dead. From afar, with debris almost completely obscuring him, she had not recognized the body which lay close to Judah. But now, as she reached him, she could see that it was the lifeless body of Lord Varxis. 

This new information took a moment to sink in, and for a moment she fell silent, before saying in a quiet tone to Judah, placing a hand gently on the mans shoulder, "I'm so sorry... I know you were close to him, and he-" Her attempt at comforting him was cut short by a renewed symphony of frightened cries from the other end of town.

"...So let us not have Lord Varxis' death be in vain, Judah." She began again, tone picking up as she met his eyes, trying to invigorate him, as he seemed close to breaking down. "We'll have our time to grieve, but it must wait. We still have time to save those who live. But we must act fast. We must act now."

"Yes, I know." Judah looked towards the river, trying to coax his rattled brain to think clearly. Suddenly an idea came to him. "The south mine is collapsed, there's no way out the back anymore." He started walking quickly as he formulated the plan. "But the north mine is intact still... what if we sent the people through the ventilation tunnel at the back? Its small, but I think they could do it. The orcs are too large to fit through."

The north mine entrance was close to the river, but even that route would be closed off soon if the orcs kept up the pace. Judah broke into a jog, "We have to get past the orcs to the people, then lead them to the mine." Even as the last words left his mouth Judah started to have doubts. The mine would be pitch black, what if they couldn't find the right tunnel? What if he was leading them all to their deaths?
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:39 pm

"Yes, I know." Judah looked towards the river, trying to coax his rattled brain to think clearly. Suddenly an idea came to him. "The south mine is collapsed, there's no way out the back anymore." He started walking quickly as he formulated the plan. "But the north mine is intact still... what if we sent the people through the ventilation tunnel at the back? Its small, but I think they could do it. The orcs are too large to fit through."

The north mine entrance was close to the river, but even that route would be closed off soon if the orcs kept up the pace. Judah broke into a jog, "We have to get past the orcs to the people, then lead them to the mine." Even as the last words left his mouth Judah started to have doubts. The mine would be pitch black, what if they couldn't find the right tunnel? What if he was leading them all to their deaths?

Melbourne followed at a brisk pace, having even more doubts about the plan than Judah, if that was possible. The ventilation shaft was not just small, it was steep and would be slick with perspiration from the heavy rain. Then, if they even managed to make their way down the right tunnel and to the back, would they all have time to escape before the orcs followed? They would be trapped. And would the exit even be far enough from town for the orcs not to reach it before they fled?

But, clever as Mel was, with the plan as flawed as it was, she couldn't think of any other options. At this point, the mind was their only bet.

"Well, it's a plan..." She started, but realizing that, maybe, it wasn't time for her usual bluntness, she said with more heart, "And it will give us a good chance." A moment passed, then she added, "I'm right behind you, Judah, all the way."

"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Melbourne followed at a brisk pace, having even more doubts about the plan than Judah, if that was possible. The ventilation shaft was not just small, it was steep and would be slick with perspiration from the heavy rain. Then, if they even managed to make their way down the right tunnel and to the back, would they all have time to escape before the orcs followed? They would be trapped. And would the exit even be far enough from town for the orcs not to reach it before they fled?

But, clever as Mel was, with the plan as flawed as it was, she couldn't think of any other options. At this point, the mind was their only bet.

"Well, it's a plan..." She started, but realizing that, maybe, it wasn't time for her usual bluntness, she said with more heart, "And it will give us a good chance." A moment passed, then she added, "I'm right behind you, Judah, all the way."

"I know, thank you." He didn't pause to look back but he hoped the words were enough. He was grateful for her support. They were approaching the orcs now, Judah could make out their silhouettes against the flames as they herded the townspeople to their deaths. He hoped that the limited visibility and chaos would allow them to slip past without drawing attention to themselves.

"If I get caught you'll have to go on alone," he panted. "Find a place to hide for awhile, and try and get to Wedmor."

There was no time for talking now. A pale white orc had spotted the pair and narrowed its greedy eyes. He darted around the remains of a larger hut and began urging the residents cowering on the other side to follow him.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Morell reached the front of his home at a run, but fell back as, with a great sputtering crash, the rest of the roof fell in, sending a gush of flames out to meet him. The heat seared his skin and steam rose in thin whiffs as the heat singed his cloths. Beating out a flame that sprung to life on his sleeve with the other hand, he scrambled back to his feet, looking around wildly in desperation, the thought that Leonard could be trapped in the blazing house tormenting his mind to the point of utter panic. He did not even feel the pain of his wounds and burns.

"Leonara!!!" He called, anger suddenly bobbling up within him as no reply came. Then, the clydesdale's frightened neighs seemed to call back to him from the pasture behind the house. The idea that at that moment, Leona could be escaping on one of them took hold, and he began around the house.

Morell sprinted between the two burning houses to either side, heading towards the back. As he rounded the corner, his breath caught in his throat and he halted. By the light of the fires, he could clearly make out two forms laying on the earth-- one on the path in the back garden, and the other just where the ground began to slope away towards the river below. 

He was still for a long moment, the heat from the house fires to his back radiating through him like the anger and fear running already there. He began forward, slowly at first, but then with more purpose.

He headed for the garden first, moving through the open, broken gate and stopping a few feet from the body. It was Brawley, he could tell instantly. Without hesitation, he turned back, and exiting the garden he rushed to the second body, only to find that it was Aldreda. Falling to his knees beside her limp form, he gently brushed wet hair from her pale face, her eyes closed as if asleep, tears beginning to mix with the rain already streaming down his cheeks as he stared down at her. 

Pulling his gaze from the kind woman's lifeless face, he looked around frantically for Leonara. She was nowhere to be seen. But as he did, the two horses' calls pulled his attention to the paddock, where the two young clydesdales churned the ground to mud under their large hooves as they galloped about in fright. 

Somehow, through the fog of his thoughts, the horses' plight brought him to his feet. But before he could retrieve them, he had one thing he had to do.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:38 pm

"I know, thank you." He didn't pause to look back but he hoped the words were enough. He was grateful for her support. They were approaching the orcs now, Judah could make out their silhouettes against the flames as they herded the townspeople to their deaths. He hoped that the limited visibility and chaos would allow them to slip past without drawing attention to themselves.

"If I get caught you'll have to go on alone," he panted. "Find a place to hide for awhile, and try and get to Wedmor."

There was no time for talking now. A pale white orc had spotted the pair and narrowed its greedy eyes. He darted around the remains of a larger hut and began urging the residents cowering on the other side to follow him.

Melbourne would have replied if not for the sudden appearance of the white orc and Judah's quick departure from her side. In that moment, as her eyes found the orc, she became aware that, in fact, she was to be the needed distraction. Without pause, her crossbow was up and aimed. Directed just high of the orc's chest, where the armer plate ended and the flesh of the neck began, she loosed the long, powerful bolt. 

With luck, through the thick smoke and dancing shadows, he would not have seen her raise the weapon in time to react, but she did not waste time wishing while she quickly reloaded.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:53 am

As Judah came around the back of the ruined hill of charred timber and dark stone where only an hour past stood a home, the small group started as if having expected him to be an orc. But recognizing him, they listened and began to follow at a horribly slow pace, the few injured that could not move swiftly themselves being supported by those who could.    

One of the villagers, her brown eyes boring into Judah with fear and expectation, asked in a hushed, yet insistent tone, "W-where will we go? Where are you leading us?" 

The young woman was named Elma and she was no older than seventeen, her light brown hair soaked and gritty with rain and soot, a loosely swaddled infant clutched to her chest as if she'd never relinquish her grasp on him. Though her primary concern was her small son, Bartel, she glanced around every few seconds to try and catch sight of her young husband, Berwald, one of two sons of Berthold Hoggwyn (the proud owner of The Fair Lady Inn, situated along the mountain pass) who lived and worked in Camden.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:33 pm

As Judah came around the back of the ruined hill of charred timber and dark stone where only an hour past stood a home, the small group started as if having expected him to be an orc. But recognizing him, they listened and began to follow at a horribly slow pace, the few injured that could not move swiftly themselves being supported by those who could.    

One of the villagers, her brown eyes boring into Judah with fear and expectation, asked in a hushed, yet insistent tone, "W-where will we go? Where are you leading us?" 

The young woman was named Elma and she was no older than seventeen, her light brown hair soaked and gritty with rain and soot, a loosely swaddled infant clutched to her chest as if she'd never relinquish her grasp on him. Though her primary concern was her small son, Bartel, she glanced around every few seconds to try and catch sight of her young husband, Berwald, one of two sons of Berthold Hoggwyn (the proud owner of The Fair Lady Inn, situated along the mountain pass) who lived and worked in Camden.

"Keep together and stay low!" Judah called to the bedraggled group stumbling after him. "Please, its not much further." In reality the entrance to the mine was still a few blocks away, and they had to find their way through it if they were to be safe. However, he wanted to give them hope on such a desolate night.

After a few moments he noticed Elma leaning towards him as she asked the question. A flicker of hope spread in his chest and he spoke rapidly to her. "Go through the north mine and out the ventilation tunnel at the back, it might buy you some room to hide. If I show you where it is right now, can one of you stay near the back to show any stragglers? They won't find it without a guide." 

With his own doubts about finding the right shaft he knew that none of them would find it on their own. He needed someone to stay in the mine near the entrance to the tunnel to show people where it was, that way he could simply direct people to the mine itself and not have to accompany them to the rear. He hoped that it would save them some time and help them get more people out.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Melbourne would have replied if not for the sudden appearance of the white orc and Judah's quick departure from her side. In that moment, as her eyes found the orc, she became aware that, in fact, she was to be the needed distraction. Without pause, her crossbow was up and aimed. Directed just high of the orc's chest, where the armer plate ended and the flesh of the neck began, she loosed the long, powerful bolt. 

With luck, through the thick smoke and dancing shadows, he would not have seen her raise the weapon in time to react, but she did not waste time wishing while she quickly reloaded.

Mel's first shot was good, and pierced the orc on the loose skin around the neck. Although the wound was severe, the orc continued to stagger towards Mel at an alarming pace. The shot would likely kill him, but the orc knew he still had a few minutes before the loss of blood weakened him substantially. His sword was still raised and his jaws parted in a snarl as he swung the blade towards her.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Frundette on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:55 pm

After much stopping and starting, gasping and cringing, the pair finally crested the top of the small cliff.  Laethros collapsed onto the road, his face soaked in sweat.
Anna also collapsed onto the road, just breathing and looking up at the sky for a long while before she sat up and looked around the area. "Alright, Now to get back home" She muttered and stood

Laethros shook his head, indicating his refusal, knowing that a return to Aberdeen was a certain death.  At least with the orcs there was a chance...  maybe a small chance...  but a chance that he'd come out of this whole mess still breathing.  "Grateful for the help up the hill, girl.  But this is where you and I part ways."

He started hobbling east, away from Aberdeen.  There was no hope of him out running her, but she'd already shown she didn't have the stomach to kill him.  He doubted she'd have it for torturing him into doing as she bid... 

(Thanks for the nudge to get me back to RPing, LTC!  I know I owe multiple responses... might take me a day or two as I catch back up on the individual threads!   study )
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Frundette on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Aelfric trusted his own eyes far more than any words that spilled out of this creature's mouth, so he ignored Gomez, instead taking a moment to glance around, pleased to see the camp almost deserted. 

He had one thing to do before making a run for it... and that was to see if Gytha was here.  "Where do you sleep, Gomez?" he asked quietly.

"Wha?" The surprise was obvious in his tone, Gomez hadn't expected that question. "Uhh, over there." He gestured towards the single cage where the remaining slaves were being kept. Although he didn't sleep in the cage, his status among the orcs didn't exactly warrant him a place to bed that was too far away. "Why d'ya want to know?" He asked suspiciously.

(This was morning yet in this story arc, right?  Meaning the prisoners would be out working on building the wall and not in the cage?)

Aelfric looked toward the structure where Gomez pointed.  He recognized it as the prisoner cage from when his captors had dragged him past it yesterday.  The door was closed and its thatch construction such that he could not see if there was anyone inside.

He glanced around quickly, counting himself lucky that so far they hadn't attracted any other attention, then quickly cross the short distance to the cage, still pressing the cooking knife to Gomez's throat.  "Unbar it," he said as they got to the cage door, not wanting remove his vice-like grip from the disgusting creature lest he slip free.
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Laethros shook his head, indicating his refusal, knowing that a return to Aberdeen was a certain death.  At least with the orcs there was a chance...  maybe a small chance...  but a chance that he'd come out of this whole mess still breathing.  "Grateful for the help up the hill, girl.  But this is where you and I part ways."

He started hobbling east, away from Aberdeen.  There was no hope of him out running her, but she'd already shown she didn't have the stomach to kill him.  He doubted she'd have it for torturing him into doing as she bid... 

(Thanks for the nudge to get me back to RPing, LTC!  I know I owe multiple responses... might take me a day or two as I catch back up on the individual threads!   study )
"No" Anna said quickly and stood up to go and stop him from going that way "No, you are going to go and tell the truth to everyone. I am not going to allow you to get away with killing father" She said with determination. She might not have the stomach to kill him straight out, but she was not going to just let him walk away either. Not without a fight anyway

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:47 pm

(This was morning yet in this story arc, right?  Meaning the prisoners would be out working on building the wall and not in the cage?)

Aelfric looked toward the structure where Gomez pointed.  He recognized it as the prisoner cage from when his captors had dragged him past it yesterday.  The door was closed and its thatch construction such that he could not see if there was anyone inside.

He glanced around quickly, counting himself lucky that so far they hadn't attracted any other attention, then quickly cross the short distance to the cage, still pressing the cooking knife to Gomez's throat.  "Unbar it," he said as they got to the cage door, not wanting remove his vice-like grip from the disgusting creature lest he slip free.
(I think you are right... although it has been while so I'm not entirely sure. We can use that though)

Gomez slithered after him, his eyes glittering like chips of black ice. The cold blade was uncomfortable against his throat and in his condition, Gomez had little trust in Aelfric's stability. He feared that the weakened man would stumble and kill him accidently, so in an effort of self-preservation he didn't provide too much resistance as they approached the cage.

"Do you think that just anyone can waltz in here?" He cackled sarcastically. "It must be your lucky day, though, mister Aelfric, because I know a little trick." With the hand that Aelfric did not have a death grip on he produced a sharp, curved claw on the end of his pinky finger. He gingerly pressed the claw into the keyhole and wiggled it left and right. After several tries the lock gave a satisfying click.

Before the door swung open, Gomez looked back up at Aelfric. His eyes were a steely black color as he asked, "Do you trust me? Do you trust me like she did?"
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:25 pm

(hi, so Reba would be in the cage, or in the hut of her 'master'?)

I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frundette on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:(hi, so Reba would be in the cage, or in the hut of her 'master'?)

(I'm good with whichever you feel would make for a cooler story for Reba!)

His fingers tightened involuntarily at the jab about Gytha trusting Gomez, but instead of responding, h just used his foot to pull open the cage door...
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Frundette on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"No" Anna said quickly and stood up to go and stop him from going that way "No, you are going to go and tell the truth to everyone. I am not going to allow you to get away with killing father" She said with determination. She might not have the stomach to kill him straight out, but she was not going to just let him walk away either. Not without a fight anyway

Leathros took another shaky step away from her, still doubting her resolve to fight a "fleeing" opponent, particularly one that she had played doctor to.  "Less you're gonna carry me back, it ain't happenin'", he said through gritted teeth as he used the crutch to take another painful hop.
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:53 am

Reba stood up when the door opened, looking to the orc and the man with it then around at the other captives before she stepped out of the cage. She kept as far back from the orc as she could then glanced around the outside area to be sure they were not going to be attacked. 

~~
Anna frowned then moved, grabbing his walking stick and using that to turn him "I am not strong enough to carry you, but I will not let you go free either."

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:07 am

Gomez ignored Aelfric's tightening grasp, his eyes were focused inside the gloomy cage. As Reba approached the door his lips drew back in an unhuman snarl, revealing a row of sharp yellow teeth. He blocked her from completely leaving the cage. "Take another step and I'll tear your throat out, girl." Even with Aelfric holding onto his arm he still had enough room to make good on his threat if she kept moving.

"Don't test me with a knife, their freedom is not worth the risk of the orcs." He hissed at Aelfric without taking his eyes off Reba. As dim light flooded the cage he continued. "Your bonny lass is not here. Shut the door, or you all will die."
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Frundette on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anna frowned then moved, grabbing his walking stick and using that to turn him "I am not strong enough to carry you, but I will not let you go free either."

Laethros sucked in a sharp breath as she turned him slightly and jarred his broken leg.  "So what?" he said through gritted teeth.  "We gonna sit here on the road til either orcs get here or Lord Ragnar's men get here?"
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anna frowned then moved, grabbing his walking stick and using that to turn him "I am not strong enough to carry you, but I will not let you go free either."

Laethros sucked in a sharp breath as she turned him slightly and jarred his broken leg.  "So what?" he said through gritted teeth.  "We gonna sit here on the road til either orcs get here or Lord Ragnar's men get here?"
"No, you are coming home with me" Anna said with a frown. She didn't know how she would do that, but there was no way she was going to let her father's killer go free. Not now. She tugged on the stick, trying to get him to come with her and back to the village.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun May 01, 2016 1:49 pm

"Keep together and stay low!" Judah called to the bedraggled group stumbling after him. "Please, its not much further." In reality the entrance to the mine was still a few blocks away, and they had to find their way through it if they were to be safe. However, he wanted to give them hope on such a desolate night.

After a few moments he noticed Elma leaning towards him as she asked the question. A flicker of hope spread in his chest and he spoke rapidly to her. "Go through the north mine and out the ventilation tunnel at the back, it might buy you some room to hide. If I show you where it is right now, can one of you stay near the back to show any stragglers? They won't find it without a guide." 

With his own doubts about finding the right shaft he knew that none of them would find it on their own. He needed someone to stay in the mine near the entrance to the tunnel to show people where it was, that way he could simply direct people to the mine itself and not have to accompany them to the rear. He hoped that it would save them some time and help them get more people out.

"Yeh, I'll do it!" A young man, blond curls bouncing about his meaty neck and jaw, volunteered with a bit too much enthusiasm, hand shooting in to the air. 

"Bernhard!" His obvious twin sister hissed in irritation, but not in a quiet way, scowling deeply, "No, it is too dangerous for an idiot like ya!"

Though coated in soot, both wiry youths seemed unscathed but for a few scrapes. They were not residents of Camden, either, though some farmers and merchants in town would recignise them from their weekly visits to buy and trade for supplies for The Fair Lady Inn, their fathers business. It was one of their weekly runs which brought them into town the day before.

"Oh, stuff it won't ya, Bernadotte. I may not be all brains like ya, but I'm brave as a dear, and , and am goin' to 'elp if I want to." He half groaned, half snarled in retort, quickly looking back to Judah as he continued eagerly, "Mister, I can lead de people! Really, I'll do it!"

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Sun May 01, 2016 4:58 pm

"Yeh, I'll do it!" A young man, blond curls bouncing about his meaty neck and jaw, volunteered with a bit too much enthusiasm, hand shooting in to the air. 

"Bernhard!" His obvious twin sister hissed in irritation, but not in a quiet way, scowling deeply, "No, it is too dangerous for an idiot like ya!"

Though coated in soot, both wiry youths seemed unscathed but for a few scrapes. They were not residents of Camden, either, though some farmers and merchants in town would recignise them from their weekly visits to buy and trade for supplies for The Fair Lady Inn, their fathers business. It was one of their weekly runs which brought them into town the day before.

"Oh, stuff it won't ya, Bernadotte. I may not be all brains like ya, but I'm brave as a dear, and , and am goin' to 'elp if I want to." He half groaned, half snarled in retort, quickly looking back to Judah as he continued eagerly, "Mister, I can lead de people! Really, I'll do it!"

Judah didn't have time to argue with them. He recognized both of them from their visits to the market and despite his misgivings about their capabilities, he needed their help right now. "Look, I need both of you." He said hurriedly as they herded the small group toward the mine. 

"You," he pointed at Bernadotte. "Stay at the entrance to the ventilation shaft and show people where to crawl through. And you," he gestured to Bernhard. "Stay at the entrance to the mine and lead people to her. Myself and Mel will send as many people through here as we can find."

The bedraggled group managed to enter the mine unobstructed by the orcs, who were busy tearing down the remainder of the settlement. "I'll meet you on the other side as soon as I can, but find a place to hide and get to Wedmor if you can." He ordered the survivors and prepared to leave the mine.
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Frundette on Sun May 01, 2016 7:47 pm

(CBB, did you see my PM about the Gomez/Aelfric/Reba story arc?)

-----

As Anna tugged on the stick, Laethros stubbornly tightened his grip on it.  But in his weakened state, she was quickly able to pull it in the direction of Aberdeen as it slipped from his grasp.  Without support, he collapsed back down on the road.  

"Take it then!  I won't be led back there like some cattle to the slaughter.  Cause that's all you're doing girl.  Don't have the guts to kill me yourself, but you're happy enough to have someone else do it for you."

He still didn't have a plan for how he'd come out of this with his life, but that sure wouldn't happen in Aberdeen.  He gritted his teeth and used his hands to half hop, half crawl toward the east and Camden.
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Sun May 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Anna frowned and moved to block him again "No, you are going to tell the truth about father. You are going to clear his name" She insisted, though how she was going to do that, she didn't have a clue.

Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top