Lost Scout - By Frundette

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 am

(This is a continuation of a private RP from another site.  Read the backstory here: link and PM me if you wish to join!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


The location for the new human settlement could not have been better. Fertile land nestled in small river valley with plenty of standing timber to provide building material and open fields for herds of livestock to graze. Over the past few months, over 3 dozen wagons had arrived to help settle the land. And all seemed well. 

Occasionally, scouts were sent into the surrounding countryside to explore and to ensure there was no danger. But the scouts consistently reported that the land was quiet. And it wasn't until autumn that trouble came. 


Last edited by LoveThatChick on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:48 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The task of making it to the rear of the mine was slow and treacherous, the silence in the mine interrupted frequently by coughing. The dust may have cleared near the entrance, but it thickened quickly as they walked. After twenty minutes or so, Judah found himself up against a pile of boulders that reached to the roof--the end of their path. "Take a look around," he wheezed. "The collapse wasn't far from here."

At his command the men spread out and began shining their torches around the tunnel, searching for a clue as to why the mine had collapsed without warning. It wasn't long before Gerald spotted the problem. "Over here!" He called, waving his torch so everyone could see. "Look at this beam, its rotted right through! Looks like water has been seeping in, weakened it over time."

Judah stepped over and ran his hands across the wet wood to confirm Gerald's thoughts. It appeared that sabotage was not the cause, unless Morrell had somehow created a natural fissure which allowed water into the tunnel. "We'll report this to Lord Varxis right away. In the meantime, lets get out of this dust."

On hearing the news, Morell began to turn back up the dark mine, but didn't leave, yet. He was the one with the rope to lead them all to the surface, and even with most of the group equipped with torches, finding their way out was not guaranteed. Not that he wanted to help the others in any way, they could die in the mine for all he cared. Of course, they felt the same way for him, which was the main reason he hated them. 

His hand still bled from when he'd tripped and slammed it into the rough mine wall. He clenched his fist, and blood ran from the cuts onto the rope in his hand, and sharp pain raided up his arm. "Should I walk behind you all?" He asked with contempt, then coughed. The coal dust was gritty in his mouth, throat and lungs, but he was used to it by now. He had worked in them since he was very young, not that he wasn't still a youth, being seventeen.
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Anna swallowed and tightened her grip on his belt, closing her eyes finally. She was trembling yet couldn't make herself turn away from the view of the dropoff now in front of them. Inside she was screaming and cussing, yet she made no sound that could be heard by Laanthros. When she didn't see the cliff she could move along it, pretending it was not there, but when she could see it she was frozen in place.

~~~
David led the way back to the trail then turned to follow it to the pass. Once on the main road he glanced to the others "Let's pick up the pace" He said and turned forward, nudging his horse to a canter.
 
~~~~
Reba worked slowly as the day moved on. Balrash and the other orcs were keeping an eye on her and the other humans so they had no chance to escape yet. Not that she could get very far as weak as she was now.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Frundette on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: "Mmm... mister Aelfric, I fear an orc death more than I fear one by your hands. Splitting will be the least of my worries." Finally, he held the key close enough that Aelfric could reach it with his other hand through the bars. "There is no safe way out of here, but I invite you to try. You just never know, right?" He grinned crookedly, enjoying the death threat much more than he should...



 Aelfric snatched the key from Gomez.  With his right hand locked in a vice-like grip around the creature's wrist, it took a few moments of fumbling with the lock before he heard a click and he was able to push open the cage door.  "Then our fates are tied," he said grimly as he dragged the smaller creature toward the hut's door, and put the knife uncomfortably close to the creature's throat.  "Don't think I won't make sure we both meet the gods."
avatar
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 19
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Frundette on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anna swallowed and tightened her grip on his belt, closing her eyes finally. She was trembling yet couldn't make herself turn away from the view of the dropoff now in front of them. Inside she was screaming and cussing, yet she made no sound that could be heard by Laanthros. When she didn't see the cliff she could move along it, pretending it was not there, but when she could see it she was frozen in place.


 He let her stop and collect herself for a few moments, not upset by having a bit of a rest himself.  His broken leg was throbbing hard and every step sent a fresh jolt of pain through him.  He looked up at the bridge above.  "Not much farther, now," he said encouragingly, "we're almost there."  Laethros leaned heavily on the makeshift cane and took a step forward, trying to shake Anna out of her frozen state.
avatar
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 19
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anna swallowed and tightened her grip on his belt, closing her eyes finally. She was trembling yet couldn't make herself turn away from the view of the dropoff now in front of them. Inside she was screaming and cussing, yet she made no sound that could be heard by Laanthros. When she didn't see the cliff she could move along it, pretending it was not there, but when she could see it she was frozen in place.
 He let her stop and collect herself for a few moments, not upset by having a bit of a rest himself.  His broken leg was throbbing hard and every step sent a fresh jolt of pain through him.  He looked up at the bridge above.  "Not much farther, now," he said encouragingly, "we're almost there."  Laethros leaned heavily on the makeshift cane and took a step forward, trying to shake Anna out of her frozen state.
Anna made some small sound then moved, her gaze flying to the wall and fixing there. She kept her hold on his belt, though she was trembling from the fear and adrenaline now. She didn't dare to look away from the wall even to look at him again and she couldn't get her voice to unlock enough to ask if he was alright, but figured he had to be to be moving now. Or at least as alright as he could be with a broken leg. She couldn't wait to get back to solid ground again


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Frundette on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anna made some small sound then moved, her gaze flying to the wall and fixing there. She kept her hold on his belt, though she was trembling from the fear and adrenaline now. She didn't dare to look away from the wall even to look at him again and she couldn't get her voice to unlock enough to ask if he was alright, but figured he had to be to be moving now. Or at least as alright as he could be with a broken leg. She couldn't wait to get back to solid ground again


After much stopping and starting, gasping and cringing, the pair finally crested the top of the small cliff.  Laethros collapsed onto the road, his face soaked in sweat.
avatar
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 19
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anna made some small sound then moved, her gaze flying to the wall and fixing there. She kept her hold on his belt, though she was trembling from the fear and adrenaline now. She didn't dare to look away from the wall even to look at him again and she couldn't get her voice to unlock enough to ask if he was alright, but figured he had to be to be moving now. Or at least as alright as he could be with a broken leg. She couldn't wait to get back to solid ground again

After much stopping and starting, gasping and cringing, the pair finally crested the top of the small cliff.  Laethros collapsed onto the road, his face soaked in sweat.
Anna also collapsed onto the road, just breathing and looking up at the sky for a long while before she sat up and looked around the area. "Alright, Now to get back home" She muttered and stood


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:David led the way back to the trail then turned to follow it to the pass. Once on the main road he glanced to the others "Let's pick up the pace" He said and turned forward, nudging his horse to a canter.

It was now late afternoon, and in the mountains, the sky was beginning to darken as red and gold painted the clouds, which were rapidly growing in number and size as a harsh wind met the mounted trio. Anwir suspected an evening storm to be fast on its way, which made him smirk inwardly. What good fortune, maybe we'll be delayed even longer... As it was, they would probably not even make it to Camden by midnight. 

Anwir looked ahead of them on the trail as the plant life thinned, replaced by jagged stones and boulders, rough grasses, and light snow drifts. They were not dressed for a storm or the biting mountain air, and as tiny wet flakes began to fall from gathering clouds, soaking on contact into their clothes, he smirked ever so slightly.
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It was now late afternoon, and in the mountains, the sky was beginning to darken as red and gold painted the clouds, which were rapidly growing in number and size as a harsh wind met the mounted trio. Anwir suspected an evening storm to be fast on its way, which made him smirk inwardly. What good fortune, maybe we'll be delayed even longer... As it was, they would probably not even make it to Camden by midnight. 

Anwir looked ahead of them on the trail as the plant life thinned, replaced by jagged stones and boulders, rough grasses, and light snow drifts. They were not dressed for a storm or the biting mountain air, and as tiny wet flakes began to fall from gathering clouds, soaking on contact into their clothes, he smirked ever so slightly.
David cursed at the weather and looked up then to the others as he drew his cloak tighter around him. "We must press on as far as we can get, this is too important to wait." He said then looked to the sky again "But keep your eyes open for shelter along the way" He knew there was not always a choice for travelers like them


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It was now late afternoon, and in the mountains, the sky was beginning to darken as red and gold painted the clouds, which were rapidly growing in number and size as a harsh wind met the mounted trio. Anwir suspected an evening storm to be fast on its way, which made him smirk inwardly. What good fortune, maybe we'll be delayed even longer... As it was, they would probably not even make it to Camden by midnight. 

Anwir looked ahead of them on the trail as the plant life thinned, replaced by jagged stones and boulders, rough grasses, and light snow drifts. They were not dressed for a storm or the biting mountain air, and as tiny wet flakes began to fall from gathering clouds, soaking on contact into their clothes, he smirked ever so slightly.
David cursed at the weather and looked up then to the others as he drew his cloak tighter around him. "We must press on as far as we can get, this is too important to wait." He said then looked to the sky again "But keep your eyes open for shelter along the way" He knew there was not always a choice for travelers like them

"There's an Inn, called The Fair Lady," Anwir replied in a raised tone as the wind began to whistle, "should be only half a mile or so ahead now." He pulled the neck of his lightweight, silken moss-green shirt closer to his throat, black cloak whipping in the wind, as he pulled the hood up. Fast and heavy, sleet began to fall, swept almost horizontally as the ferocious wind dropped in temperature.
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It was now late afternoon, and in the mountains, the sky was beginning to darken as red and gold painted the clouds, which were rapidly growing in number and size as a harsh wind met the mounted trio. Anwir suspected an evening storm to be fast on its way, which made him smirk inwardly. What good fortune, maybe we'll be delayed even longer... As it was, they would probably not even make it to Camden by midnight. 

Anwir looked ahead of them on the trail as the plant life thinned, replaced by jagged stones and boulders, rough grasses, and light snow drifts. They were not dressed for a storm or the biting mountain air, and as tiny wet flakes began to fall from gathering clouds, soaking on contact into their clothes, he smirked ever so slightly.
David cursed at the weather and looked up then to the others as he drew his cloak tighter around him. "We must press on as far as we can get, this is too important to wait." He said then looked to the sky again "But keep your eyes open for shelter along the way" He knew there was not always a choice for travelers like them

"There's an Inn, called The Fair Lady," Anwir replied in a raised tone as the wind began to whistle, "should be only half a mile or so ahead now." He pulled the neck of his lightweight, silken moss-green shirt closer to his throat, black cloak whipping in the wind, as he pulled the hood up. Fast and heavy, sleet began to fall, swept almost horizontally as the ferocious wind dropped in temperature.
David nodded, putting his head down a little to fight the suddenly rising winds. "Aye, we may have to stay there until this dies down" He said and frowned. He hated the delay, but didn't yet suspect  the spy, since all that had happened seemed to be natural disasters.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It was now late afternoon, and in the mountains, the sky was beginning to darken as red and gold painted the clouds, which were rapidly growing in number and size as a harsh wind met the mounted trio. Anwir suspected an evening storm to be fast on its way, which made him smirk inwardly. What good fortune, maybe we'll be delayed even longer... As it was, they would probably not even make it to Camden by midnight. 

Anwir looked ahead of them on the trail as the plant life thinned, replaced by jagged stones and boulders, rough grasses, and light snow drifts. They were not dressed for a storm or the biting mountain air, and as tiny wet flakes began to fall from gathering clouds, soaking on contact into their clothes, he smirked ever so slightly.
David cursed at the weather and looked up then to the others as he drew his cloak tighter around him. "We must press on as far as we can get, this is too important to wait." He said then looked to the sky again "But keep your eyes open for shelter along the way" He knew there was not always a choice for travelers like them

"There's an Inn, called The Fair Lady," Anwir replied in a raised tone as the wind began to whistle, "should be only half a mile or so ahead now." He pulled the neck of his lightweight, silken moss-green shirt closer to his throat, black cloak whipping in the wind, as he pulled the hood up. Fast and heavy, sleet began to fall, swept almost horizontally as the ferocious wind dropped in temperature.
David nodded, putting his head down a little to fight the suddenly rising winds. "Aye, we may have to stay there until this dies down" He said and frowned. He hated the delay, but didn't yet suspect the spy, since all that had happened seemed to be natural disasters.

Anwir looked through the falling sleet to Charles, wondering why the man had decided to help the side he had betrayed. There was no gain in it, that he could spot at least, only loss. In any case, Unless the man decided to help the orcs again, Anwir would make sure that the man got all he deserved, either at the hands of his own kind, or the orcs... 

Or, just maybe, the man would lose his worthless life at the end of Anwir's saber. He smirked as he looked ahead of them once more, face concealed by his heavy black hood. What a glorious day that 'ill be, my wayward friend, when your neck is severed and bleeding, and your head lies in the dust. Oh, yes, that 'ill be a day to remember...
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

"There's an Inn, called The Fair Lady," Anwir replied in a raised tone as the wind began to whistle, "should be only half a mile or so ahead now." He pulled the neck of his lightweight, silken moss-green shirt closer to his throat, black cloak whipping in the wind, as he pulled the hood up. Fast and heavy, sleet began to fall, swept almost horizontally as the ferocious wind dropped in temperature.
David nodded, putting his head down a little to fight the suddenly rising winds. "Aye, we may have to stay there until this dies down" He said and frowned. He hated the delay, but didn't yet suspect the spy, since all that had happened seemed to be natural disasters.

Anwir looked through the falling sleet to Charles, wondering why the man had decided to help the side he had betrayed. There was no gain in it, that he could spot at least, only loss. In any case, Unless the man decided to help the orcs again, Anwir would make sure that the man got all he deserved, either at the hands of his own kind, or the orcs... 

Or, just maybe, the man would lose his worthless life at the end of Anwir's saber. He smirked as he looked ahead of them once more, face concealed by his heavy black hood. What a glorious day that 'ill be, my wayward friend, when your neck is severed and bleeding, and your head lies in the dust. Oh, yes, that 'ill be a day to remember...
David could see the inn ahead in the worsening storm. He glanced back at his companions then ahead again "Nearly there" He said, shouting over the wind and rain. When they reached the inn, he dismounted, going under the protection the barn offered for a moment with his horse then holding the door so they could follow him in.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: Aelfric snatched the key from Gomez.  With his right hand locked in a vice-like grip around the creature's wrist, it took a few moments of fumbling with the lock before he heard a click and he was able to push open the cage door.  "Then our fates are tied," he said grimly as he dragged the smaller creature toward the hut's door, and put the knife uncomfortably close to the creature's throat.  "Don't think I won't make sure we both meet the gods."
Gomez followed Aelfric towards the door with only a small tug of resistance, eyeing the knife with a calculating stare. At the moment he wasn't confident that he could wrestle the weapon from the larger, heavier man before Aelfric could dispatch him with it... but if he let his guard down, Gomez was ready.

Peeking out from behind Aelfric's shadow, Gomez was both dismayed and pleased to see that the camp was mostly empty besides the few orcs who had stayed behind to prepare for the haul from Camden. On one hand it meant that the pair had a lesser chance of being spotted while Aelfric made a run for it, but it also meant that more hands were on deck for the largest sack in many years.

"So be it," Gomez hissed with a curl to his lip, clearly displeased. "If I were you, I would go that way." He jabbed his free hand towards a particularly dense patch of forest on the edge of camp that was the shortest distance from the cooking hut and partially obscured from the orcs view.


(Frundette, if you would like to lead the orc attack, I will play Lord Varxis and my characters in Camden)
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
On hearing the news, Morell began to turn back up the dark mine, but didn't leave, yet. He was the one with the rope to lead them all to the surface, and even with most of the group equipped with torches, finding their way out was not guaranteed. Not that he wanted to help the others in any way, they could die in the mine for all he cared. Of course, they felt the same way for him, which was the main reason he hated them. 

His hand still bled from when he'd tripped and slammed it into the rough mine wall. He clenched his fist, and blood ran from the cuts onto the rope in his hand, and sharp pain raided up his arm. "Should I walk behind you all?" He asked with contempt, then coughed. The coal dust was gritty in his mouth, throat and lungs, but he was used to it by now. He had worked in them since he was very young, not that he wasn't still a youth, being seventeen.

"No, go ahead in front and we'll follow you out." Judah called out instructions to Morell from the back of the group. "Tobias, shine your light so that he can see his rope."

At Judah's command, Tobias obediently shined his torch ahead so that Morell could better see the rope path. He was oddly quiet, unsure of what to say in front of Morell after having proven the youth innocent of sabotaging the mine.
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
On hearing the news, Morell began to turn back up the dark mine, but didn't leave, yet. He was the one with the rope to lead them all to the surface, and even with most of the group equipped with torches, finding their way out was not guaranteed. Not that he wanted to help the others in any way, they could die in the mine for all he cared. Of course, they felt the same way for him, which was the main reason he hated them. 

His hand still bled from when he'd tripped and slammed it into the rough mine wall. He clenched his fist, and blood ran from the cuts onto the rope in his hand, and sharp pain raided up his arm. "Should I walk behind you all?" He asked with contempt, then coughed. The coal dust was gritty in his mouth, throat and lungs, but he was used to it by now. He had worked in them since he was very young, not that he wasn't still a youth, being seventeen.

"No, go ahead in front and we'll follow you out." Judah called out instructions to Morell from the back of the group. "Tobias, shine your light so that he can see his rope."

At Judah's command, Tobias obediently shined his torch ahead so that Morell could better see the rope path. He was oddly quiet, unsure of what to say in front of Morell after having proven the youth innocent of sabotaging the mine.

Morell looked to the taller man now lighting his way, then back to the others briefly, not bothering to conceal a smirk. No, it had not been him who sabotaged the mine, it had been water. And though some would still think it was his merely setting foot in the mine the brought the ill luck upon them, they would still look the fools. He began back up the passage, looping the rope over his hand as it became slack, keeping a steady, if not quick pace. 

Morell, surprisingly, did not try to taunt any of the men, staying silent even though cruel and mocking words bit at the back of his throat, trying to claw their way out. He did not know how long he could stay silent, but he wasn't in the mood to be stuck in a mine with a lot of angry men who already had plenty of reason to hate him. Best to save the insults for when there is room to run.
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

"There's an Inn, called The Fair Lady," Anwir replied in a raised tone as the wind began to whistle, "should be only half a mile or so ahead now." He pulled the neck of his lightweight, silken moss-green shirt closer to his throat, black cloak whipping in the wind, as he pulled the hood up. Fast and heavy, sleet began to fall, swept almost horizontally as the ferocious wind dropped in temperature.
David nodded, putting his head down a little to fight the suddenly rising winds. "Aye, we may have to stay there until this dies down" He said and frowned. He hated the delay, but didn't yet suspect the spy, since all that had happened seemed to be natural disasters.

Anwir looked through the falling sleet to Charles, wondering why the man had decided to help the side he had betrayed. There was no gain in it, that he could spot at least, only loss. In any case, Unless the man decided to help the orcs again, Anwir would make sure that the man got all he deserved, either at the hands of his own kind, or the orcs... 

Or, just maybe, the man would lose his worthless life at the end of Anwir's saber. He smirked as he looked ahead of them once more, face concealed by his heavy black hood. What a glorious day that 'ill be, my wayward friend, when your neck is severed and bleeding, and your head lies in the dust. Oh, yes, that 'ill be a day to remember...
David could see the inn ahead in the worsening storm. He glanced back at his companions then ahead again "Nearly there" He said, shouting over the wind and rain. When they reached the inn, he dismounted, going under the protection the barn offered for a moment with his horse then holding the door so they could follow him in.

Anwir dismounted and fallowed David into the stable, leaving his palomino steed to graze on the hay that was across the strewn stone floor as he entered the inn with the others. The first thing to meet them was the steady warmth, which emanated from a roaring fire in the wide stone hearth straight ahead of them. The room was large, with stares in the far right corner rapping round the back of the hearth, and leading to the second floor, which was open in the center so that one could look over the walk to the first floor. A deep bar was to the left, situated next to the front door, and a man stood behind it. 

In surprise, he looked up from his cleaning of pewter mugs, saying in a deep, gravelly voice, "Ah, wasn't expecting any visitors with this blasted storm..." The man was not old, only being in his thirties. He had a square jaw, was rather burly, and at least a head taller than the other men. He grinned slightly as he set the mugs down, blond curls looking oddly youthful and out of place on his head. "Welcome to the fair Lady Inn, I'm Berthold, the innkeeper. Can I get ye some drinks or feed? My wife makes the best lamb pies."
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Anwir looked through the falling sleet to Charles, wondering why the man had decided to help the side he had betrayed. There was no gain in it, that he could spot at least, only loss. In any case, Unless the man decided to help the orcs again, Anwir would make sure that the man got all he deserved, either at the hands of his own kind, or the orcs... 

Or, just maybe, the man would lose his worthless life at the end of Anwir's saber. He smirked as he looked ahead of them once more, face concealed by his heavy black hood. What a glorious day that 'ill be, my wayward friend, when your neck is severed and bleeding, and your head lies in the dust. Oh, yes, that 'ill be a day to remember...
David could see the inn ahead in the worsening storm. He glanced back at his companions then ahead again "Nearly there" He said, shouting over the wind and rain. When they reached the inn, he dismounted, going under the protection the barn offered for a moment with his horse then holding the door so they could follow him in.

Anwir dismounted and fallowed David into the stable, leaving his palomino steed to graze on the hay that was across the strewn stone floor as he entered the inn with the others. The first thing to meet them was the steady warmth, which emanated from a roaring fire in the wide stone hearth straight ahead of them. The room was large, with stares in the far right corner rapping round the back of the hearth, and leading to the second floor, which was open in the center so that one could look over the walk to the first floor. A deep bar was to the left, situated next to the front door, and a man stood behind it. 

In surprise, he looked up from his cleaning of pewter mugs, saying in a deep, gravelly voice, "Ah, wasn't expecting any visitors with this blasted storm..." The man was not old, only being in his thirties. He had a square jaw, was rather burly, and at least a head taller than the other men. He grinned slightly as he set the mugs down, blond curls looking oddly youthful and out of place on his head. "Welcome to the fair Lady Inn, I'm Berthold, the innkeeper. Can I get ye some drinks or feed? My wife makes the best lamb pies."
David glanced to the men then made his way to the bar, nodding "Yes, some food and ale while we wait out this storm sounds very good" He said and smiled kindly. He was worried that the storm would last all night from the way it looked out there.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Morell looked to the taller man now lighting his way, then back to the others briefly, not bothering to conceal a smirk. No, it had not been him who sabotaged the mine, it had been water. And though some would still think it was his merely setting foot in the mine the brought the ill luck upon them, they would still look the fools. He began back up the passage, looping the rope over his hand as it became slack, keeping a steady, if not quick pace. 

Morell, surprisingly, did not try to taunt any of the men, staying silent even though cruel and mocking words bit at the back of his throat, trying to claw their way out. He did not know how long he could stay silent, but he wasn't in the mood to be stuck in a mine with a lot of angry men who already had plenty of reason to hate him. Best to save the insults for when there is room to run.

Even in the dim, flickering light Morell's smirk was not lost on Tobias, who was the closest to the youth. He also had curbed his tongue, but found it easier to swallow the words. Already his mind was thinking about the work that would need to be done to repair the mine--and it wasn't looking forward to it.

At Morell's quick pace it took them less time to exit the mine than it did to reach the collapse. The cool evening air was welcomed greedily by the labouring miners as they stepped outside, covered in sweaty dust. "Go home, get some rest." Judah sounded tired as he addressed the small group to relieve them of duty. "Tomorrow is another day, g'night." As everyone else split up for home, he had to report their findings to Lord Varxis before he could retire--and so he started slowly up the hill towards the man's hut.

(Now would be a good time to launch the attack, perhaps? The night has just fallen and everyone is sleeping except for this group of miners, it would be interesting to start while they are still on the streets.)
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by ChickieBooBoo on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:23 am

After a long day of travel, the orcs arrived on the edge of the mountain range next to the valley in which Camden lay. For a moment, Orkhan paused looking over the rocky outcrop towards their prize. As he stood there, the last flickering light was extinguished and the small settlement fell into darkness. Although the fierce storm blowing up in the mountains made their journey harder, Orkhan was glad for the cloud and sleet as it obscured the moon and stars, and made the night completely black and miserable. The people would never see them coming.
avatar
ChickieBooBoo
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 58
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-06-27
Location : Manitoba

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by LoveThatChick on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Anwir looked through the falling sleet to Charles, wondering why the man had decided to help the side he had betrayed. There was no gain in it, that he could spot at least, only loss. In any case, Unless the man decided to help the orcs again, Anwir would make sure that the man got all he deserved, either at the hands of his own kind, or the orcs... 

Or, just maybe, the man would lose his worthless life at the end of Anwir's saber. He smirked as he looked ahead of them once more, face concealed by his heavy black hood. What a glorious day that 'ill be, my wayward friend, when your neck is severed and bleeding, and your head lies in the dust. Oh, yes, that 'ill be a day to remember...
David could see the inn ahead in the worsening storm. He glanced back at his companions then ahead again "Nearly there" He said, shouting over the wind and rain. When they reached the inn, he dismounted, going under the protection the barn offered for a moment with his horse then holding the door so they could follow him in.

Anwir dismounted and fallowed David into the stable, leaving his palomino steed to graze on the hay that was across the strewn stone floor as he entered the inn with the others. The first thing to meet them was the steady warmth, which emanated from a roaring fire in the wide stone hearth straight ahead of them. The room was large, with stares in the far right corner rapping round the back of the hearth, and leading to the second floor, which was open in the center so that one could look over the walk to the first floor. A deep bar was to the left, situated next to the front door, and a man stood behind it. 

In surprise, he looked up from his cleaning of pewter mugs, saying in a deep, gravelly voice, "Ah, wasn't expecting any visitors with this blasted storm..." The man was not old, only being in his thirties. He had a square jaw, was rather burly, and at least a head taller than the other men. He grinned slightly as he set the mugs down, blond curls looking oddly youthful and out of place on his head. "Welcome to the fair Lady Inn, I'm Berthold, the innkeeper. Can I get ye some drinks or feed? My wife makes the best lamb pies."
David glanced to the men then made his way to the bar, nodding "Yes, some food and ale while we wait out this storm sounds very good" He said and smiled kindly. He was worried that the storm would last all night from the way it looked out there.

Berthold smiled and nodded in reply, grabbing three mugs and turning his back on the bar to fill them from the keg, saying as he did, "So, where're you gents headed in this storm?"

"To Camden, but the weather is too harsh to continue, so we stopped in to wait it out." Anwir said, pushing the hood of his cloak back and leaning against the bar, "I've heard of your meat pies, but I've never stopped in to have one."

"Oh, well you're in for a treat." Berthold looked back over his shoulder to Anwir, and asked, "lamb, rabbit, or boar?" 

"Rabbit." Anwir answered. Though the word was not significant to anyone else, his decision made the difference between his companions' lives and deaths. It meant, that they would live.

Berthold gave a slight smile and nod in reply, nowing the meaning, then looked to Charles and David, "And what about you two, lamb, rabbit, or boar?" After a moment, he turned back to them, placing their mugs of ale on the bar and sliding them in front of each man.
avatar
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Posts : 557
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-02-10
Location : Kingdom of the Forest Spirit

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
David glanced to the men then made his way to the bar, nodding "Yes, some food and ale while we wait out this storm sounds very good" He said and smiled kindly. He was worried that the storm would last all night from the way it looked out there.

Berthold smiled and nodded in reply, grabbing three mugs and turning his back on the bar to fill them from the keg, saying as he did, "So, where're you gents headed in this storm?"

"To Camden, but the weather is too harsh to continue, so we stopped in to wait it out." Anwir said, pushing the hood of his cloak back and leaning against the bar, "I've heard of your meat pies, but I've never stopped in to have one."

"Oh, well you're in for a treat." Berthold looked back over his shoulder to Anwir, and asked, "lamb, rabbit, or boar?" 

"Rabbit." Anwir answered. Though the word was not significant to anyone else, his decision made the difference between his companions' lives and deaths. It meant, that they would live.

Berthold gave a slight smile and nod in reply, nowing the meaning, then looked to Charles and David, "And what about you two, lamb, rabbit, or boar?" After a moment, he turned back to them, placing their mugs of ale on the bar and sliding them in front of each man.
David glanced to Anwir then held his mug "You said your wife makes the best lamb pies, so I think I would like to try one of those." He said and smiled at the barkeep before looking to Charles for his answer. A powerful gust of wind had his gaze move to the window as he took a drink from his mug. He was hoping they would have time to reach Camdeon before the orcs did


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Frundette on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Aelfric trusted his own eyes far more than any words that spilled out of this creature's mouth, so he ignored Gomez, instead taking a moment to glance around, pleased to see the camp almost deserted. 

He had one thing to do before making a run for it... and that was to see if Gytha was here.  "Where do you sleep, Gomez?" he asked quietly.


----


"Thanks for the help up the cliff, lass.  But I ain't going back there," Laethros said through gritted teeth. 


---

Grishkah almost trembled with excitement as the orcs crept down the hill toward the town of Camden with a surprising level of noise discipline.  A few carried torches, intended for setting thatched roofs ablaze, but the rest were near invisible.  The dark figures made it to the edge of town, slipping in quickly as the ones with torches set the edges of the closest roofs on fire.  It would be only moments before all hell broke loose...
avatar
Frundette
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 19
Likes : 0
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Scout - By Frundette

Post by Starrnico on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:22 pm

"Yes, you are" Anna said and sat up to look at him, frowning severly at him "Even if I have to break that leg again and drag you back, you will be tried for murdering my father as well as betraying the towns" She said then stood up, moving away from the cliff


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am the Malibu Blue Mod [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Starrnico
♢ Privileged Overlord ♢
♢ Privileged  Overlord ♢

Posts : 42424
Likes : 19
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Mississippi

D&D Character Sheet
HP:
9/9  (9/9)
EXP:
0/1000  (0/1000)
Gold Pieces: 15 g 42 s 86 c

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum