~Age of Champions~ (OPEN)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~Age of Champions~ (OPEN)

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's all real.

The myths, the legends, the lore, the magic, the fantastic creatures. All of it. And it has concentrated in one place. America.

Why America? It's the melting pot. When the people immigrated to this land, they brought their legends with them.

There's something that all legends have in common: Champions. Hercules. Cú Chulainn. Etcetera. When things could come from wishing and magic was a common occurrence, there were always champions.

So now that magic is coming back, it stands to reason that champions must be called as well. And with magic, comes monsters.

There is a stirring in the air. The Dark Paladins are collecting the thirteen keys of the Underworld, ready, after all this time, to unleash what lies within. And on a parallel quest are the Knights of the North, searching for the thirteen keys to Valhalla – also known as the Thirteen Treasures of the Isle of Britain. Both societies search for the other set of keys as well, to stop their enemies doors from opening.

Even now, the undead trickle out of the Mammoth Caves, joining the Paladins on their malevolent quest.

The Knights numbers are too few – they must recruit today's champions.

These quests, this war, will determine the fate of the world. Will you be a part of them?

The Keys to the Underworld are:
1. Pandora's Box
2. The Book of Thoth
3. The Necklace of the Lady of the Lake
4. The Necklace of Harmonia
5. Nábrók
6. Pied Piper's Pipe
7. Cup of Jamshid
8. Clarent
9. The Mistletoe Dart
10. The Apple of Discord
11. The Shirt of Nesses
12. Dáinsleif
13. The Head of Medusa

The Keys to Valhalla are:
1. Dyrnwyn (White-Hilt)
2. The Hamper of Gwyddno Garanhir
3. The Horn of Brân Galed from the North
4. The Chariot of Morgan Mwynfawr
5. The Halter of Clydno Eiddyn
6. The Knife of Llawfrodedd Farchog
7. The Cauldron of Dyrnwch the Giant
8. The Whetstone of Tudwaal Tudglyd
9. The Coat of Padarn Beisrudd
10. The Crock of Rhygenydd the Cleric
11. The Dish of Rhygenydd the Cleric
12. The Chessboard of Gwenddoleu ap Ceidio
13. The Mantle of Arthur in Cornwall

Rules:
1. All Legends Rules Apply.
2. This is my RP. I am in charge.
3.  Large religions (Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islamism, etc.) are not part of the mythology. I don't want to get into that. No longer practiced religions (or very rarely by small cults: ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian, etc.) will come into this, but that is all.
4. The gods from Greek mythology (and the like) will not have been actual gods, but powerful spirits revered as such.
5. Your character may have a power or two, but they must be small and diluted.
6. Items will not be accepted if they are too powerful.
7. PM me ALL characters, as I have to determine what is appropriate.
8. No perfect characters or controlling other characters.
9. Take all fights to PMs.
10. This is a mature RP. DO NOT get too mature (YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!). Same goes for swearing. ("A true lady should have the wit and the imagination, or at the very least the restraint, to express herself without resorting to such base vocabulary.")
11. Please, please, please try to keep the male-female ratio even. I swear, it's not that hard!
12. All characters will suffer, and some will die. Your favorite will be spared. If you can't deal with that, make one character (or maybe two).
13. REALISM!!! As I have said before: fighting, romance, everyday life, realism is always necessary.
14. Have as many characters as you want – but PLAY THEM!
15. No one-liners. You're better than that. Yes, sometimes those magic creativity juices just won't flow, but try. I know you can.
16. Being descended from a god is a very rare occurrence, and I'm not going to allow many characters who are.
17. No items from a god.

Your recruited characters here!

~

And here, we shall discuss our plans for war.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

"If it's not logical, you can't argue with it." ~Ari Marmell, Thief's Covenant, Book 1 of the Widdershins Adventure Series, aka the Covenant Cycle
~Yesterday's News – RP~

~Yesterday's News – Story~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: ~Age of Champions~ (OPEN)

Post by Ebonee on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

(LOL)

Anwyn gave her a flat stare, "You're kidding, right? You don't want someone who doesn't want to be in your class in your class, do you?"

(My apologies. Anwyn can be a twitch sometimes.)
Ana's brows knitted together. "I'm always happy for someone to join my class, but I can't force you if you don't want to go." 

(Aye, everyone can)

Anwyn sighed, "Maybe."

(And everyone's creativity juices run dry. My apologies.)

Down the rather wide sidewalk, Mordred McKealn moved briskly in the warm, mid-morning light. He turned a corner of the street, the cold breeze becoming less pleasant as the buildings now on his right blocked out the sunlight which had tempered the wind. He buttoned up his deep-grey woolen pea coat hurriedly, then ran his slim fingers through his auburn hair, the dark, but fairly red strands laying off his face neatly. Suddenly shivering, he shoved his hands deep into the pockets of the coat, sea blue-green eyes darting around as if someone was going to jump out of the shadows at any moment, demand all of his cash then beet him to a pulp. 

He rounded another street corner, eyes now watching the pavement just ahead on his toes to make sure there was nothing there to be stepped in that he wouldn't want his black calf-leather Chelsea boots touching, then looked up as he neared his destination. Two teens were standing outside the entrance, and to make it worse, they were girls. Darn it.

He approached, cautious, not making eye contact, as if approaching a sleeping tiger. Or rather, two pretty girls, who he guessed had just finished a belly dancing class. Both ideas were equally frightening. 

"Excuse me, Miss," Mordred addressed Ana, polite and shy as ever, somehow managing to hide some of his apprehension behind a soft smile as he finally lifted his gaze to hers. "I don't mean to intrude, but do you know where I would be able to find Ana Bomani?" 

From his years (well, life) spent in European schools, he had developed a somewhat smooth, refined accent; you wouldn't be able to place it, as it was a combination of English, British, French, and Scottish, with a lick of Swedish, and a slight bite of Russian and German. On someone other than the small, overly thin boy he was, the mutt of an accent might have been sexy. Or at least, he liked to think that.
Ana frowned, suspicious of this stranger who was searching for her. At least least he pronounced her name correctly. Her surname wasn't difficult to say, but it didn't stop some people from being so determined to say it right, it comes out all wrong. She crossed her arms and drummed her fingers on one arm. "She's actually a friend of mine," she said brightly, hoping Anwyn will play along if she knew Ana's name. "I can pass on your message to her."

Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Ana's brows knitted together. "I'm always happy for someone to join my class, but I can't force you if you don't want to go." 

(Aye, everyone can)

Anwyn sighed, "Maybe."

Down the rather wide sidewalk, Mordred McKealn moved briskly in the warm, mid-morning light. He turned a corner of the street, the cold breeze becoming less pleasant as the buildings now on his right blocked out the sunlight which had tempered the wind. He buttoned up his deep-grey woolen pea coat hurriedly, then ran his slim fingers through his auburn hair, the dark, but fairly red strands laying off his face neatly. Suddenly shivering, he shoved his hands deep into the pockets of the coat, sea blue-green eyes darting around as if someone was going to jump out of the shadows at any moment, demand all of his cash then beet him to a pulp. 

He rounded another street corner, eyes now watching the pavement just ahead on his toes to make sure there was nothing there to be stepped in that he wouldn't want his black calf-leather Chelsea boots touching, then looked up as he neared his destination. Two teens were standing outside the entrance, and to make it worse, they were girls. Darn it.

He approached, cautious, not making eye contact, as if approaching a sleeping tiger. Or rather, two pretty girls, who he guessed had just finished a belly dancing class. Both ideas were equally frightening. 

"Excuse me, Miss," Mordred addressed Ana, polite and shy as ever, somehow managing to hide some of his apprehension behind a soft smile as he finally lifted his gaze to hers. "I don't mean to intrude, but do you know where I would be able to find Ana Bomani?" 

From his years (well, life) spent in European schools, he had developed a somewhat smooth, refined accent; you wouldn't be able to place it, as it was a combination of English, British, French, and Scottish, with a lick of Swedish, and a slight bite of Russian and German. On someone other than the small, overly thin boy he was, the mutt of an accent might have been sexy. Or at least, he liked to think that.
Ana frowned, suspicious of this stranger who was searching for her. At least least he pronounced her name correctly. Her surname wasn't difficult to say, but it didn't stop some people from being so determined to say it right, it comes out all wrong. She crossed her arms and drummed her fingers on one arm. "She's actually a friend of mine," she said brightly, hoping Anwyn will play along if she knew Ana's name. "I can pass on your message to her."

"Ah, thank you." Mordred said, a little taken aback that she was lying, being that when he looked up the address of the class on the internet, he had come across a picture of Ana on Facebook that had been taken by one of her students. But it did not matter, and so he went ahead with his question. "My mother, Lavinia McKealn, has taken Miss Bomani's dance class for a few weeks now, but she asked me to inform her that she would no longer be attending, as she believes the class is far beneath her, and that she would rather drive further and pay more for a professionally run class that would suit her needs more adequately." 

Being that he looked nothing like his mother, being that she was a tall and elegant, red-headed woman of sixty-seven, this relation would be a surprise. Plus, Lavinia never mentioned having a son young enough to be her grandson. 

He looked to his feet then, feeling like an awful person for saying what he had, "I apologize. Those were not my words; I'd never say that your class was that, certainly not without attending it myself." He stiffened slightly, realizing that he'd slipped up, "I meant her class." He said quietly, trying to cover up the fumble as his cheeks flushed a bright pink.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:50 pm

Anwyn sighed, "Maybe."

"Ah, thank you." Mordred said, a little taken aback that she was lying, being that when he looked up the address of the class on the internet, he had come across a picture of Ana on Facebook that had been taken by one of her students. But it did not matter, and so he went ahead with his question. "My mother, Lavinia McKealn, has taken Miss Bomani's dance class for a few weeks now, but she asked me to inform her that she would no longer be attending, as she believes the class is far beneath her, and that she would rather drive further and pay more for a professionally run class that would suit her needs more adequately." 

Being that he looked nothing like his mother, being that she was a tall and elegant, red-headed woman of sixty-seven, this relation would be a surprise. Plus, Lavinia never mentioned having a son young enough to be her grandson. 

He looked to his feet then, feeling like an awful person for saying what he had, "I apologize. Those were not my words; I'd never say that your class was that, certainly not without attending it myself." He stiffened slightly, realizing that he'd slipped up, "I meant her class." He said quietly, trying to cover up the fumble as his cheeks flushed a bright pink.
Darnit. "You caught me," she put up her hands as if to appear guilty,  but her grin betrayed her act. "Ana Bomani at your service," she slipped into a dramatic bow, arm flourish and everything.
Ana suspected it was too much, that he'd be able to detect her hidden disappointment while she went through every possibility in her head about why her class wasn't 'adequate' enough for her highness. 
"You can inform Mrs McKealn that I hope her next class is adequate enough for her tastes and she won't have any need to insult the teacher."
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:50 pm

The breeze rushed past, cooler than the day before, and wet with light rain. This shift in the weather was lucky, as Decline's junker of a black (with spots of rust) sedan had finally decided, after a week of high pitched whirring sounds, that its passengers no longer deserved the fine luxury of a heating and cooling system. Oh, and neither did they deserve two windshield wipers, apparently... "D**n it." Decline cursed as, with a pop and a screech, the driver's side wiper came flying off, forcing him to pull over onto the shoulder of the road. 

He switched off the ignition, the idea being that having to possibly jump start the car would be a lesser evil than having the engine over heat. He swung open the door, ducking out into the rain as it went from soft and gentle, to downright drenching. 

Heading at a light job back down the road, he finally spotted the lost wiper blade laying in the center lane. After a few cars passed and the road was clear, he walked out, snatching up before heading back to his car and getting honked at by a passing truck as he ducked back into his car. The old him, being hateful and bitter, would have flipped the driver off. But not anymore. He knew he was bound to slip up at times, but not when he could help it.

He stripped off his soaked, long sleeved shirt once in the car, throwing it in the back, then turning and leaning between the seats to grab a new one from among the few boxes, bags, and cases which held what little materiel things he still possessed. Finding a fitted, long sleeved, gray shirt, he pulled it over his head, quickly obscuring the most of the tattoos and scars that reminded him every day of what he'd done and why he'd never go back to that life.

Turning the key in the ignition, the engine wined, crocked, and finally groaned to life. With a slow sigh of relief, he pulled out into the road, only a few hours of light left before he'd be forced to drive into the night. Too bad his left headlight had blown the night before. That would have been of use.

"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Darnit. "You caught me," she put up her hands as if to appear guilty,  but her grin betrayed her act. "Ana Bomani at your service," she slipped into a dramatic bow, arm flourish and everything.
Ana suspected it was too much, that he'd be able to detect her hidden disappointment while she went through every possibility in her head about why her class wasn't 'adequate' enough for her highness. 
"You can inform Mrs McKealn that I hope her next class is adequate enough for her tastes and she won't have any need to insult the teacher."

Mordred couldn't help but smile slightly at her theatrics, looking to his butter-leather clad toes to hide it, feeling a substantial degree of remorse spreading over him for following through with his mother's wishes and telling Ana in such a way. "I regret to say that it will not be adequate. Please do not think that her inconsiderate and pretentious judgment reflects in any way upon the satisfactory nature of you class; there is nothing in this world or any other that could ever be adequate for her." He said, smile still somewhat intact as his gaze held hers while doing so, but immediately after speaking, he looked away as a car passed, unable to let her -or rather anyone- see the pain in his eyes that had just risen to the surface. It hurt, not ever being enough, but at least they had stopped expecting anything of him. Or maybe that was worse. He wasn't really sure anymore.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Mordred couldn't help but smile slightly at her theatrics, looking to his butter-leather clad toes to hide it, feeling a substantial degree of remorse spreading over him for following through with his mother's wishes and telling Ana in such a way. "I regret to say that it will not be adequate. Please do not think that her inconsiderate and pretentious judgment reflects in any way upon the satisfactory nature of you class; there is nothing in this world or any other that could ever be adequate for her." He said, smile still somewhat intact as his gaze held hers while doing so, but immediately after speaking, he looked away as a car passed, unable to let her -or rather anyone- see the pain in his eyes that had just risen to the surface. It hurt, not ever being enough, but at least they had stopped expecting anything of him. Or maybe that was worse. He wasn't really sure anymore.
Ana's grin grew at his comment. "Well, at least I know that I'm not a completely inadequate teacher." Her smile slipped, her amusement turned to concern. "Hey, are you okay?"
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:37 pm

"Come on," said Zsa, opening the door and inhaling the mist, closing her eyes for a moment. Rain. God, she loved rain. When they were trapped, there was no rain. To hell with sunshine – that burned, and she'd dealt with enough burns.

Then her eyes opened as she chided herself. Pay attention, Zsa! Zol grabbed the groceries; Zsa grabbed the key.

"Do you want to stay outside for a moment?"

"Huh?"

"What? You think I never noticed? Have a little faith in my powers of observation, Zsa."

Zsa winced. Yes, Zol did have powers of observation. He didn't mean it that way, but she couldn't help panicking a little bit, as she always did, scanning the area for danger.

"I think we should get inside."

"If it's not logical, you can't argue with it." ~Ari Marmell, Thief's Covenant, Book 1 of the Widdershins Adventure Series, aka the Covenant Cycle
~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:45 am

(Sorry, my internet was down, and now quoting isn't working!)

Decline pulled his wreck-on-wheels in to the parking lot of a motel. It was the first one he'd come across, and in its trashy, rather shady state, he was almost guaranteed a cheep stay, which was basically his only requirement at this time; as he could tell by a few of it's other clientele, cheep was what most were looking for in the place as well.

A street-walker on the corner, standing out of the rain underneath the cover of a bus stop in her platform boots and electric-blue mini-dress, gave him a smile and a little wave. She couldn't be more than sixteen. Poor thing.

Parking in front of the tiny office, switching the engine off before stepping out of the car. The rain fell softly, and though he wasn't in the mood to get soaked again, he did not rush to get indoors.

Decline, though appearing at ease , was attentive to his surroundings and his attention quickly found Zas and Zol. They seemed very out of place, especially since at least one of them, the boy, was underage. He suspected that the girl was also, but that was harder to tell. But he did not spend time pondering the two, walking into the front office to get a room before the storm rolled in.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Oh, ah," Mordred tried to think of a reason for his change in mood, then looked back to her, pulling a smile back into place as he explained, "Yes-yes, I am fine. I was just, um... Well, my bicycle was stolen a few days ago, so I will have to make it back to my home on foot." This was true; his bike had been stolen, for the third time since he moved back to the states, and he'd had to walk to Ana's class, and would have to walk back.

"I probably should not have worn Balenciagas," he gave a little nervous chuckle, looking down at his low boots as he twisted the right one slightly, "They are not really designed for long treks." Plus, they were getting too tight for him and his toes were starting to cramp.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Oh, ah," Mordred tried to think of a reason for his change in mood, then looked back to her, pulling a smile back into place as he explained, "Yes-yes, I am fine. I was just, um... Well, my bicycle was stolen a few days ago, so I will have to make it back to my home on foot." This was true; his bike had been stolen, for the third time since he moved back to the states, and he'd had to walk to Ana's class, and would have to walk back.

"I probably should not have worn Balenciagas," he gave a little nervous chuckle, looking down at his low boots as he twisted the right one slightly, "They are not really designed for long treks." Plus, they were getting too tight for him and his toes were starting to cramp.
"I could give you a lift home, if you want," she offered with a smile. "Well, my grandmother could; I can't drive. My house isn't very far. I'd offer you a bicycle lock as well, but I don't have one." And maybe a pair of decent trainers, she thought to herself, wondering if he could possibly be the least organised person she had ever met.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"I could give you a lift home, if you want," she offered with a smile. "Well, my grandmother could; I can't drive. My house isn't very far. I'd offer you a bicycle lock as well, but I don't have one." And maybe a pair of decent trainers, she thought to herself, wondering if he could possibly be the least organised person she had ever met.

Anwyn raised an eyebrow at Ana. Yes, give the strange boy in the Balenciagas a ride home, why don't you? She had stayed silent through the exchange, and so far she figured she'd stay that way.

~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:(Sorry, my internet was down, and now quoting isn't working!)

Decline pulled his wreck-on-wheels in to the parking lot of a motel. It was the first one he'd come across, and in its trashy, rather shady state, he was almost guaranteed a cheep stay, which was basically his only requirement at this time; as he could tell by a few of it's other clientele, cheep was what most were looking for in the place as well.

A street-walker on the corner, standing out of the rain underneath the cover of a bus stop in her platform boots and electric-blue mini-dress, gave him a smile and a little wave. She couldn't be more than sixteen. Poor thing.

Parking in front of the tiny office, switching the engine off before stepping out of the car. The rain fell softly, and though he wasn't in the mood to get soaked again, he did not rush to get indoors.

Decline, though appearing at ease , was attentive to his surroundings and his attention quickly found Zas and Zol. They seemed very out of place, especially since at least one of them, the boy, was underage. He suspected that the girl was also, but that was harder to tell. But he did not spend time pondering the two, walking into the front office to get a room before the storm rolled in.

Zsa tensed. A sing-song melody of a sense hit her, tapping on her periphery. A glance at Zol told her he felt it too.

"Tattoos," he whispered, "Brown hair."

"Get in the car." Like him, she spoke without moving, yet not tense, at least not that anyone could see.

"It's not a bad magic, Zsa."

"Doesn't mean he's not a bad person. Get in the car." Zol obliged. Zsa paused, trying to decide what to do. Probably best to drive now. But…what if he was one of the Knights? Then he'll use Zol. Maybe not torture me, or at least as long as we cooperate, but they're after the keys too. They'll use Zol, or they won't want to risk the Paladins using him again and they'll – they'll – Drive! Zsazsa leapt into the car and slammed the door, ripping off her sunglasses to see better. She glanced at the young man with the magic, which was probably stupid – what if he saw her eyes? He might remember them, and to be memorable was to be dead. She started driving.

~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Anwyn raised an eyebrow at Ana. Yes, give the strange boy in the Balenciagas a ride home, why don't you? She had stayed silent through the exchange, and so far she figured she'd stay that way.

Mordred blinked in surprise, eyes wide. "Thank you, but I world not want to inconvenience you, or your grandmother. And, um, a bicycle lock would not solve the issue, though I appreciate the sentiment." He said politely, dreading the walk home, but honestly not wanting to be a bother.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:(Sorry, my internet was down, and now quoting isn't working!)

Zsa tensed. A sing-song melody of a sense hit her, tapping on her periphery. A glance at Zol told her he felt it too.

"Get in the car." Like him, she spoke without moving, yet not tense, at least not that anyone could see.

"Doesn't mean he's not a bad person. Get in the car." Zol obliged. Zsa paused, trying to decide what to do. Probably best to drive now. But…what if he was one of the Knights? Then he'll use Zol. Maybe not torture me, or at least as long as we cooperate, but they're after the keys too. They'll use Zol, or they won't want to risk the Paladins using him again and they'll – they'll – Drive! Zsazsa leapt into the car and slammed the door, ripping off her sunglasses to see better. She glanced at the young man with the magic, which was probably stupid – what if he saw her eyes? He might remember them, and to be memorable was to be dead. She started driving.

Decline did see her, just as he was opening the door to the front office, he had looked back. Their eyes met for a moment, but when the moment had past, her eyes lingered in his mind. So unusual... one purple and one amber. Is that even natural?

Then things happened very fast. A white pick-up truck ran a red light through the intersection, a few horns blared, and at the same time, the girl pulled the nose of her car out of the parking lot, preparing to turn. The truck started to swerve, going far too fast for the wet conditions. Then, it skid out. The bed of the truck clipped the front left corner of the girl's car with the sound of wrenching metal on metal, ripping off part the bumper and spinning the front of the smaller car like a top into a light post, embedding itself in the side of the engine. The truck came to rest with a screech of brakes in the parking lot of the small Chinese restaurant next door, and time seemed to restart.

Decline started forward before the truck had even come to a stop, racing towards the young pair's car as acrid smoke started billowing from under the rumpled hood.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Decline did see her, just as he was opening the door to the front office, he had looked back. Their eyes met for a moment, but when the moment had past, her eyes lingered in his mind. So unusual... one purple and one amber. Is that even natural?

Then things happened very fast. A white pick-up truck ran a red light through the intersection, a few horns blared, and at the same time, the girl pulled the nose of her car out of the parking lot, preparing to turn. The truck started to swerve, going far too fast for the wet conditions. Then, it skid out. The bed of the truck clipped the front left corner of the girl's car with the sound of wrenching metal on metal, ripping off part the bumper and spinning the front of the smaller car like a top into a light post, embedding itself in the side of the engine. The truck came to rest with a screech of brakes in the parking lot of the small Chinese restaurant next door, and time seemed to restart.

Decline started forward before the truck had even come to a stop, racing towards the young pair's car as acrid smoke started billowing from under the rumpled hood.

It was very hard to make Zsazsa Fekete scream. She did, however, when the truck barreled into her car. Zol screamed too, a sound that was enough to make her panic. The impact triggered the airbags, and Zsa grunted as they hit. Then, finally, it stopped.

Zsa squirmed, getting her knife out of her pocket. She punch a hole in her airbag to deflate it, and did the same to Zol's.

"Zol! Are you okay?" she snapped, unbuckling.

"I'm fine," he said, sounding a little shaken. Zsa relaxed a little.

"Can you get out?"

"Yeah."

"Then do it." Zsa opened her door and stumbled out, soon followed by her brother. She grabbed him by the shoulders and looked him up and down. Now assured of his physical wellness. she gave a quick nod and opened the trunk of the car. "We've got to go before anyone – well, drat. Let's move!" She tossed him his bag – they each had one, only one – and threw on hers, but by this time the boy with the magic was almost there.

~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:31 am

It was very hard to make Zsazsa Fekete scream. She did, however, when the truck barreled into her car. Zol screamed too, a sound that was enough to make her panic. The impact triggered the airbags, and Zsa grunted as they hit. Then, finally, it stopped.

Zsa squirmed, getting her knife out of her pocket. She punch a hole in her airbag to deflate it, and did the same to Zol's.

"Can you get out?"

"Yeah."

"Then do it." Zsa opened her door and stumbled out, soon followed by her brother. She grabbed him by the shoulders and looked him up and down. Now assured of his physical wellness. she gave a quick nod and opened the trunk of the car. "We've got to go before anyone – well, drat. Let's move!" She tossed him his bag – they each had one, only one – and threw on hers, but by this time the boy with the magic was almost there.

"Hey, are you two alright?" Declines called with concern, slowing as he neared. Their haste to get away was very apparent, and judging by their youth, actions, the out of state license plate and the expired tags on the car, he guessed that they were on the run. He had been a runaway himself, when he left home, so recognized the traits in them.

The middle-aged man who had been driving the truck was now stepping from it, stumbling slightly and having to lean against his door as the owner of the Chinese restaurant ran out and began berating in broken English. Other people were starting to approach the two cars as well, but slowly, as most seemed too surprised to respond properly quite yet.

"You should both go inside, okay? Go sit down and gather yourselves." Decline said, then went to lay a hand on the girl's shoulder to steer her towards the motel front office as he reached them. At times like this, he felt lucky not to have tattooed his face anymore than he had, as most of his tattoos were able to be hidden by his long sleeved shirt.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebonee on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Mordred blinked in surprise, eyes wide. "Thank you, but I world not want to inconvenience you, or your grandmother. And, um, a bicycle lock would not solve the issue, though I appreciate the sentiment." He said politely, dreading the walk home, but honestly not wanting to be a bother.
"It's no problem, but if you're sure.." she faded off, glancing down at her watch. Her attention snagged on the new tattoo on the inside of her wrist, the colours peeking out from behind her watch. The surprise every time she noticed her tattoos hadn't yet worn off as they were relatively new and were more of a spur of the moment rather than them being planned out for months beforehand.
Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:08 pm

"Can you get out?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, are you two alright?" Declines called with concern, slowing as he neared. Their haste to get away was very apparent, and judging by their youth, actions, the out of state license plate and the expired tags on the car, he guessed that they were on the run. He had been a runaway himself, when he left home, so recognized the traits in them.

The middle-aged man who had been driving the truck was now stepping from it, stumbling slightly and having to lean against his door as the owner of the Chinese restaurant ran out and began berating in broken English. Other people were starting to approach the two cars as well, but slowly, as most seemed too surprised to respond properly quite yet.

"You should both go inside, okay? Go sit down and gather yourselves." Decline said, then went to lay a hand on the girl's shoulder to steer her towards the motel front office as he reached them. At times like this, he felt lucky not to have tattooed his face anymore than he had, as most of his tattoos were able to be hidden by his long sleeved shirt.

People did not touch to do anything good. People touched to cause pain. People caused pain to make your brother tell them his secrets. Or they cause pain just for the fun of it.

"Get off of me!" Zsa snarled, whacking his hand away and shoving Zol behind her. A wind picked up, whipping about her hair. The melody of the boy's magic pattered against her – he had magic; he could not be trusted. She glanced around. Running would be hard. To be honest with herself, she was feeling a little dizzy from the crash. Zol couldn't be doing much better.

"Back away," she said slowly, "And let us go." She was aware that without the sudden adrenaline, she would have fainted by now. Perhaps her head had hit the headrest a little harder than she had thought.

~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:37 pm

"Can you get out?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, are you two alright?" Decline called with concern, slowing as he neared. Their haste to get away was very apparent, and judging by their youth, actions, the out of state license plate and the expired tags on the car, he guessed that they were on the run. He had been a runaway himself, when he left home, so recognized the traits in them.

The middle-aged man who had been driving the truck was now stepping from it, stumbling slightly and having to lean against his door as the owner of the Chinese restaurant ran out and began berating him in broken English. Other people were starting to approach the two cars as well, but slowly, as most seemed too surprised to respond properly quite yet.

People did not touch to do anything good. People touched to cause pain. People caused pain to make your brother tell them his secrets. Or they cause pain just for the fun of it.

"Get off of me!" Zsa snarled, whacking his hand away and shoving Zol behind her. A wind picked up, whipping about her hair. The melody of the boy's magic pattered against her – he had magic; he could not be trusted. She glanced around. Running would be hard. To be honest with herself, she was feeling a little dizzy from the crash. Zol couldn't be doing much better.

"Back away," she said slowly, "And let us go." She was aware that without the sudden adrenaline, she would have fainted by now. Perhaps her head had hit the headrest a little harder than she had thought.

Decline recoiled slightly as she hit his hand away, just enough to give her a little space. "Alright-alight, I won't come any closer." He replied slowly in a calm tone, hands open and lifted slightly to show that he wouldn't touch her again. 

His senses seemed to prick as the wind became stronger, the rain now coming down sideways. Something in the back on his mind told him that this was not natural, and a small, electrical tingling seemed to be radiating from his palms. It was something he'd felt before, many times, but he had wrote it off as his sixth sense; just his intuition trying to tell him something. 

"But you both need to slow it down. That truck hit you at some speed." His brown eyes seemed to have gained in their flecks of amber. He looked briefly to Zol, hidden behind her, and he voiced an assumption he'd already made as if fact, "Your brother could be more hurt than you know, and so could you be."

More smoke was now beginning to billow from the engine under the crunched hood of the car behind them.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:13 pm

"Can you get out?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, are you two alright?" Decline called with concern, slowing as he neared. Their haste to get away was very apparent, and judging by their youth, actions, the out of state license plate and the expired tags on the car, he guessed that they were on the run. He had been a runaway himself, when he left home, so recognized the traits in them.

The middle-aged man who had been driving the truck was now stepping from it, stumbling slightly and having to lean against his door as the owner of the Chinese restaurant ran out and began berating him in broken English. Other people were starting to approach the two cars as well, but slowly, as most seemed too surprised to respond properly quite yet.

Decline recoiled slightly as she hit his hand away, just enough to give her a little space. "Alright-alight, I won't come any closer." He replied slowly in a calm tone, hands open and lifted slightly to show that he wouldn't touch her again. 

His senses seemed to prick as the wind became stronger, the rain now coming down sideways. Something in the back on his mind told him that this was not natural, and a small, electrical tingling seemed to be radiating from his palms. It was something he'd felt before, many times, but he had wrote it off as his sixth sense; just his intuition trying to tell him something. 

"But you both need to slow it down. That truck hit you at some speed." His brown eyes seemed to have gained in their flecks of amber. He looked briefly to Zol, hidden behind her, and he voiced an assumption he'd already made as if fact, "Your brother could be more hurt than you know, and so could you be."

More smoke was now beginning to billow from the engine under the crunched hood of the car behind them.

"We can take care of ourselves," Zsazsa snapped, swaying on her feet.

"He might have a point," Zol whispered behind her.

"They all have a point." Lots of points. Sharp ones. She realized she was half-using the wind to keep herself from teetering. She really had hit her head, hadn't she? Oh, this was –

Zol caught his sister as she collapsed.

~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:01 pm

"They all have a point." Lots of points. Sharp ones. She realized she was half-using the wind to keep herself from teetering. She really had hit her head, hadn't she? Oh, this was –

"I don't think that you-" Decline started, but stopped abruptly as her eyes rolled back and she fell. He moved quickly forward, reaching out to help lower her gently to the ground before the boy could drop her. 

Now kneeling, he could hear sirens blaring in the distance, and they were coming closer. Someone had called 911. He looked around sharply, and instantly spotted a man by the truck driver who had hit the siblings. The man was slipping a cellphone back into his pocket, but he was not looking their way. Bystanders seemed to be fleeing the scene. As this area was highly skanky, and the motel looked to be the meeting ground for drug and sex dealers alike, he wasn't surprised. That type did not hang around for cops to show. He knew that well... he hadn't been much different. They'll be no-one to give a description. Good.

"Look," Decline looked quickly back to Zol, "You grab your bags and head to my car. It's right over there. I'll carry her. Okay?"

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:24 pm

"I don't think that you-" Decline started, but stopped abruptly as her eyes rolled back and she fell. He moved quickly forward, reaching out to help lower her gently to the ground before the boy could drop her. 

Now kneeling, he could hear sirens blaring in the distance, and they were coming closer. Someone had called 911. He looked around sharply, and instantly spotted a man by the truck driver who had hit the siblings. The man was slipping a cellphone back into his pocket, but he was not looking their way. Bystanders seemed to be fleeing the scene. As this area was highly skanky, and the motel looked to be the meeting ground for drug and sex dealers alike, he wasn't surprised. That type did not hang around for cops to show. He knew that well... he hadn't been much different. They'll be no-one to give a description. Good.

"Look," Decline looked quickly back to Zol, "You grab your bags and head to my car. It's right over there. I'll carry her. Okay?"

Zol narrowed his eyes. They clouded over for a second, and he coughed. "Okay." Now that the wind has stopped, the rain was coming straight down, as was proper. He grabbed the bags and got in, rubbing his temples. It was so much easier to see spirits when they were dead.

~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Zol narrowed his eyes. They clouded over for a second, and he coughed. "Okay." Now that the wind has stopped, the rain was coming straight down, as was proper. He grabbed the bags and got in, rubbing his temples. It was so much easier to see spirits when they were dead.

Decline thought he'd seen something cross the boy's eyes for an instant, and in that same instant, a sensation like that of feverish chills rushed through him, but was gone the moment the boy answered him. It seemed crazy even to him, but he had felt as if there was an intruding, prying force scanning him, and something within him had tried to push it out. That's stupid... Stop imagining things.

He lifted Zsa easily into his arms and carried her swiftly to his car. Once there, he opened the door and used his elbow to push it wide. Leaning in, he pushed a few things aside then laid her limp form down, head resting on her brother's thigh. 

"Strap her in with the other two seat belts." Decline instructed Zol, then leaned out, shutting the door behind him, jogging around the front of the car to the drivers door and ducked in. 

If he had time, he would have done a complete clean-out of the wrecked car, removing all evidence of who had stolen it. The tricks he'd learnt in his old life would have come in real handy, and if it were the old days, his old friends would be in it with him, like always... No. Don't think like that. Ever. I'll use what I know when I have to, but I won't miss any part of it. They were never my friends. What we did was not right, not something to be looked back on with anything but disgust and remorse. 

Decline slotted the key into the ignition and twisted it. Nothing. He did so again, and again there was nothing. The sirens were now coming from just down the road, and his anxiety was building... If he was right, and these two were on the run from the law and had stollen that car, then he would be their accomplish... He turned the key again, slapping the wheel as he groaned, "Start!" The engine roared to life at once. Throwing it into Drive with a sigh of relief, he pulled promptly from the parking spot, then out of the second (not blocked) entrance to the lot.

"Doing okay back there?" He asked as he turned down a side road, glancing back over his shoulder just in time to see the emergency vehicles and cop cars stopping in front of the motel. He let out a slow breath, calming himself. After everything he'd been through, every promise he'd made to himself to stay on the right side of the law... he was running from the police with a couple of strangers. Nicely done.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Decline thought he'd seen something cross the boy's eyes for an instant, and in that same instant, a sensation like that of feverish chills rushed through him, but was gone the moment the boy answered him. It seemed crazy even to him, but he had felt as if there was an intruding, prying force scanning him, and something within him had tried to push it out. That's stupid... Stop imagining things.

He lifted Zsa easily into his arms and carried her swiftly to his car. Once there, he opened the door and used his elbow to push it wide. Leaning in, he pushed a few things aside then laid her limp form down, head resting on her brother's thigh. 

"Strap her in with the other two seat belts." Decline instructed Zol, then leaned out, shutting the door behind him, jogging around the front of the car to the drivers door and ducked in. 

If he had time, he would have done a complete clean-out of the wrecked car, removing all evidence of who had stolen it. The tricks he'd learnt in his old life would have come in real handy, and if it were the old days, his old friends would be in it with him, like always... No. Don't think like that. Ever. I'll use what I know when I have to, but I won't miss any part of it. They were never my friends. What we did was not right, not something to be looked back on with anything but disgust and remorse. 

Decline slotted the key into the ignition and twisted it. Nothing. He did so again, and again there was nothing. The sirens were now coming from just down the road, and his anxiety was building... If he was right, and these two were on the run from the law and had stollen that car, then he would be their accomplish... He turned the key again, slapping the wheel as he groaned, "Start!" The engine roared to life at once. Throwing it into Drive with a sigh of relief, he pulled promptly from the parking spot, then out of the second (not blocked) entrance to the lot.

"Doing okay back there?" He asked as he turned down a side road, glancing back over his shoulder just in time to see the emergency vehicles and cop cars stopping in front of the motel. He let out a slow breath, calming himself. After everything he'd been through, every promise he'd made to himself to stay on the right side of the law... he was running from the police with a couple of strangers. Nicely done.

Zol strapped his sister in as instructed, watching their possible savior, possible captor, sure his magic sparked when the car started.

"She's okay," he replied to the question. He didn't touch his sister. If their position's were reversed, she'd be holding him, all mother-wolf and snarling. But it was better for her to wake up without any physical contact. She'd panic. Instead, he simply kept one eye on her.

Her makeup had started to wash off from the wind-powered rain. He brushed a bit of her hair over a scar that was mostly covered by hair anyway – the one given to her by the man who's Southern accent she'd imitated to help them blend in while they were in Virginia. He'd threatened to lobotomize her. She had a lot of nightmares about that incident – not that she'd ever tell him, but he knew anyway. He always knew, like he knew that one of the first things she'd do if she woke would be to cover that the scar, and that losing her mind, after losing him, was her greatest fear. Of course he knew. They could never really keep secrets from each other.

~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Mordred blinked in surprise, eyes wide. "Thank you, but I would not want to inconvenience you, or your grandmother. And, um, a bicycle lock would not solve the issue, though I appreciate the sentiment." He said politely, dreading the walk home, but honestly not wanting to be a bother.
"It's no problem, but if you're sure.." she faded off, glancing down at her watch. Her attention snagged on the new tattoo on the inside of her wrist, the colours peeking out from behind her watch. The surprise every time she noticed her tattoos hadn't yet worn off as they were relatively new and were more of a spur of the moment rather than them being planned out for months beforehand.

"Oh, yes. I'm fine, but thank you." He replied, face flushing slightly as a thought came to mind. He had to ask. "I hope you don't mind me asking..." he looked back and forth between the two girls, "do you  by any chance attend WolffeRiver high school?"

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Mordred blinked in surprise, eyes wide. "Thank you, but I would not want to inconvenience you, or your grandmother. And, um, a bicycle lock would not solve the issue, though I appreciate the sentiment." He said politely, dreading the walk home, but honestly not wanting to be a bother.

"Oh, yes. I'm fine, but thank you." He replied, face flushing slightly as a thought came to mind. He had to ask. "I hope you don't mind me asking..." he looked back and forth between the two girls, "do you  by any chance attend WolffeRiver high school?"

"Um, should I mind?" Anwyn asked, "Is this private information or something? Should I tell you to go to hell or something? I could, if you want." Oh, nice. Naturally, the one thing out of your mouth is rude, socially unacceptable stuff.

~Yesterday's News – RP~

New! Needs Players!

«« Skinned »»

~Age of Champions~
Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: