~Age of Champions~ (OPEN)

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~Age of Champions~ (OPEN)

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's all real.

The myths, the legends, the lore, the magic, the fantastic creatures. All of it. And it has concentrated in one place. America.

Why America? It's the melting pot. When the people immigrated to this land, they brought their legends with them.

There's something that all legends have in common: Champions. Hercules. Cú Chulainn. Etcetera. When things could come from wishing and magic was a common occurrence, there were always champions.

So now that magic is coming back, it stands to reason that champions must be called as well. And with magic, comes monsters.

There is a stirring in the air. The Dark Paladins are collecting the thirteen keys of the Underworld, ready, after all this time, to unleash what lies within. And on a parallel quest are the Knights of the North, searching for the thirteen keys to Valhalla – also known as the Thirteen Treasures of the Isle of Britain. Both societies search for the other set of keys as well, to stop their enemies doors from opening.

Even now, the undead trickle out of the Mammoth Caves, joining the Paladins on their malevolent quest.

The Knights numbers are too few – they must recruit today's champions.

These quests, this war, will determine the fate of the world. Will you be a part of them?

The Keys to the Underworld are:
1. Pandora's Box
2. The Book of Thoth
3. The Necklace of the Lady of the Lake
4. The Necklace of Harmonia
5. Nábrók
6. Pied Piper's Pipe
7. Cup of Jamshid
8. Clarent
9. The Mistletoe Dart
10. The Apple of Discord
11. The Shirt of Nesses
12. Dáinsleif
13. The Head of Medusa

The Keys to Valhalla are:
1. Dyrnwyn (White-Hilt)
2. The Hamper of Gwyddno Garanhir
3. The Horn of Brân Galed from the North
4. The Chariot of Morgan Mwynfawr
5. The Halter of Clydno Eiddyn
6. The Knife of Llawfrodedd Farchog
7. The Cauldron of Dyrnwch the Giant
8. The Whetstone of Tudwaal Tudglyd
9. The Coat of Padarn Beisrudd
10. The Crock of Rhygenydd the Cleric
11. The Dish of Rhygenydd the Cleric
12. The Chessboard of Gwenddoleu ap Ceidio
13. The Mantle of Arthur in Cornwall

Rules:
1. All Legends Rules Apply.
2. This is my RP. I am in charge.
3.  Large religions (Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Islamism, etc.) are not part of the mythology. I don't want to get into that. No longer practiced religions (or very rarely by small cults: ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian, etc.) will come into this, but that is all.
4. The gods from Greek mythology (and the like) will not have been actual gods, but powerful spirits revered as such.
5. Your character may have a power or two, but they must be small and diluted.
6. Items will not be accepted if they are too powerful.
7. PM me ALL characters, as I have to determine what is appropriate.
8. No perfect characters or controlling other characters.
9. Take all fights to PMs.
10. This is a mature RP. DO NOT get too mature (YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!). Same goes for swearing. ("A true lady should have the wit and the imagination, or at the very least the restraint, to express herself without resorting to such base vocabulary.")
11. Please, please, please try to keep the male-female ratio even. I swear, it's not that hard!
12. All characters will suffer, and some will die. Your favorite will be spared. If you can't deal with that, make one character (or maybe two).
13. REALISM!!! As I have said before: fighting, romance, everyday life, realism is always necessary.
14. Have as many characters as you want – but PLAY THEM!
15. No one-liners. You're better than that. Yes, sometimes those magic creativity juices just won't flow, but try. I know you can.
16. Being descended from a god is a very rare occurrence, and I'm not going to allow many characters who are.
17. No items from a god.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

"If it's not logical, you can't argue with it." ~Ari Marmell, Thief's Covenant, Book 1 of the Widdershins Adventure Series, aka the Covenant Cycle

New! Needs Players!

Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Re: ~Age of Champions~ (OPEN)

Post by Ebonee on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:41 am

LoveThatChick wrote:
Ebonee wrote:
LoveThatChick wrote:
Gertrude McFuzz wrote:

Sorry was probably the right thing to say here. However, years of snapping back had Anwyn pretty well-trained.

"Oh, sorry. You must not have heard. There's this new thing, called sarcasm. It's pretty cool. You should try it out sometime." Good start. Bad finish. You should probably apologize for that… "Um…sorry." Sorry, I just have no filter between my mind and my mouth. Oops.

Mordred gave a slight laugh at her sarcasm remark, which was his way of letting out some of his pent up nerves and appearing as if in on the 'joke' at the same time, though it only ended up sounding pitiful. "Okay." He replied in a rather small voice to her last try, then tried to steady himself with a deep breath and said, "Ah, so I think I will go. Yes, I'll do that." And with an awkward glance between the two girls, he turned on his 900+ dollar boot heel and began bristly away with his head hung.
"Congrats. You broke him," Ana muttered to Anwyn and, without waiting to see how she would reply, Ana hurried after Mordred. "Sorry about her," she said once she had caught up. "I didn't think she'd be so.... well, I only met her today, so I didn't really know what she was like."

Mordred started when Ana spoke and came up beside him, glancing breifly to her before fixing his attention ahead of them again. He doubted that he'd be able to speak to her in his current state if he looked at her any more. She is really pretty. Ah, no! Don't think about how pretty she is, you know you can't talk to a pretty girl when you're like this! 

"I should not have been talking to you two." He replied quietly, voice small, "You do not need to apologize, I deserved what she said, I should not have pried." He gave a nervous laugh, which turned into a stifled hick up, self-detrimental as always. Why did he always have to hick up when he was upset? Well, at least that was better than some of his other ticks... He hoped they'd at least stay at bye. 

But, of course, they never did. So, why would they now? As subtly as possible, he tore a few nails. He couldn't help it, and even as pain sparked and a spot of blood appeared from the end of the first one torn too short, he moved to the second. A little anxiety ebbed. Just a little, but enough to make the compulsion worth it in his eyes.
"What are you talking about?" Concern filled her eyes along with a little anger which raised the volume of her voice slightly. "You're free to talk to whoever you want and no one deserves what Anwyn said, but don't let that bother you; I imagine she is rude to many people," in truth, Ana didn't know what she was like with other people, but she hoped saying otherwise will make Mordred feel better. 

"And asking about a school isn't prying." Ana gave him a sidelong smile, aiming to decrease his nervousness, and completely missing what he's doing to decrease it.

Ebonee
Assassin
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Gertrude McFuzz wrote:
LoveThatChick wrote:
Gertrude McFuzz wrote:
LoveThatChick wrote:

It was lucky that he could check his impulses well, or she would have found the busyness end of a switch blade scoring the closest bit of her flash the moment she touched him. Not that he had a problem with being touched. He had just lived a rough life, and knew from experience that being choked out was not advisable.

Decline cleared his throat, then answered, a hint of exasperation in his tone as he looked out the windshield, "What am I doing? Well, I was about to get your brother something to eat." He turned his head to look back at her, scratching the slight, dark stubble growing handsomely along his strong jaw as he continued wearily, no longer sounding irritated, "You fainted back at the motel. I got you both out of there before the police arrived. I told your brother here that I'm on my way west, and he said that was fine for the both of you." 

He looked out the side window as a jacked-up truck pulled into the lot and parked a few spaces down, two rather husky, rough looking fellows stepping out to have a smoke under the store canopy before entering. Their strong southern accents could be heard easily, even over the rain as they spoke and laughed boisterously. 

"I can't promise luxury five-star hotels, but you're welcome to travel with me." Decline looked back to Zsa again.

The two men glanced their way. By their manner, it seemed as though they were boozed up pretty well.

I fainted. I didn't hold out. I didn't protect Zol. I failed. He could have died. He could have been taken. Zsa stared, unfocused, for a moment, then snapped back to attention. She glanced at the Southern-accented men and shivered. Started to get a taste for it now, have you? Oh, now was not the time for that.

The melody of Decline's magic pressed against her eardrums. They had a rule – there was no trusting anyone with magic. It wasn't worth the risk.

"We can't. Sorry. Thanks. We've got to go…" …steal a new car. No matter that her legs were maybe a bit shaky – Zol could drive. She opened the car door. "Come on." She grabbed the bags and slid out.

Zol glanced at Decline, "Hang on a moment." He headed over to his sister.

"Zsa…bear with me here…should we tell him – about him, I mean?"

Zsa raised an eyebrow, wiping her forearm across her face and removing all but a few streaks of makeup, "I thought I was the one who got hit on the head? Why would we tell him?"

Zol shrugged, "Well, I don't think he knows, and I'm pretty sure he's in a bad position. You never know when that sort of thing comes in handy."

"Nope, not happening. He might know, and he might know more than that. Let's go. We need a car." She sighed, "And I need a new pair of sunglasses."

The men under the canopy eyed the siblings as they exited the car, but they mainly watched Zsazsa. Without makeup, it was obvious that she was young, and in the dim light her scars were barely noticeable, not that the men cared if the child was scarred up or not. Their tones seemed to hush as they continued to speak. 

Decline sat where he was for a moment, giving them time to speak, then flung open his door and stepped out, standing in the gap as he looked to the siblings. "Hey, if you don't want to hang 'round that's fine, but at least let me drop you somewhere else... And you might as well take some food with you." He looked up into the sky as lightning streaked, illuminating their surroundings briefly with a vivid glow. Past the rather deserted parking lots of the gas station, fast food restaurant and mart, there was nothing but a narrow, winding road stretching out away from the highway. Apart from that, only rolling hills and woods surrounded them. Not a very good place to be dumped.

Overhearing their conversation, the more obese of the two men said something to the other, then the other put out his cigarette with the heal of his boot before entering the store. "You kids needin' a ride or sometin'?" The man offered, smiling in a friendly-ish manner, "Got plenty of room in the back seat."

Decline looked briefly to the man, and they met eyes for a moment. Maybe he was just imagining it, but he felt the man sizing him up. Obviously, he was more imposing to others than he thought, as the man seemed to stiffen slightly, standing up a little taller... Or maybe it was just the warning in Decline's eyes- it was a threat that could be backed up if the man did not keep his distance. He didn't trust the man's offer, and didn't like the his tone whatsoever.

Zsa's lip rose in a snarl at the obese man, placing herself in front of Zol. In the dim light, her eyes looked dark blue and strangely red. She considered her odds. Run off in the middle of nowhere with only a couple creeps for company, or go with the gut Zol vetted. Aw, hell. She glanced at Decline.

"Fine," she growled. Not taking her eyes off of the Southern men, she moved slowly back to the car, Zol behind her. "You know I don't like this, right?" she almost-inaudibly asked him.

"Yeah, but you dislike the other option more," he almost-inaudibly replied. Zsa grunted in reply.

(Ah, scary southern men always send the gals running... Away, that is.)

A growl of acceptance was better than a polite rejection any day, and as the latter would have most likely  resulted in Decline bloodying his knuckles on the good ol' boys' plump faces, he wasn't complaining. 

"You can take the front seat if you want." Decline offered, addressing Zsa. He thought it might make her feel better to have more control over the situation, and not just be a passenger. "I'd just have to move the food in the back." 

The other man exited that store and joined his friend, a twelve pack of canned beer tucked under an arm. They started talking again, lighting up again. Their eyes followed the siblings breifly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gertrude McFuzz on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:31 pm

LoveThatChick wrote:
Gertrude McFuzz wrote:
LoveThatChick wrote:
Gertrude McFuzz wrote:

I fainted. I didn't hold out. I didn't protect Zol. I failed. He could have died. He could have been taken. Zsa stared, unfocused, for a moment, then snapped back to attention. She glanced at the Southern-accented men and shivered. Started to get a taste for it now, have you? Oh, now was not the time for that.

The melody of Decline's magic pressed against her eardrums. They had a rule – there was no trusting anyone with magic. It wasn't worth the risk.

"We can't. Sorry. Thanks. We've got to go…" …steal a new car. No matter that her legs were maybe a bit shaky – Zol could drive. She opened the car door. "Come on." She grabbed the bags and slid out.

Zol glanced at Decline, "Hang on a moment." He headed over to his sister.

"Zsa…bear with me here…should we tell him – about him, I mean?"

Zsa raised an eyebrow, wiping her forearm across her face and removing all but a few streaks of makeup, "I thought I was the one who got hit on the head? Why would we tell him?"

Zol shrugged, "Well, I don't think he knows, and I'm pretty sure he's in a bad position. You never know when that sort of thing comes in handy."

"Nope, not happening. He might know, and he might know more than that. Let's go. We need a car." She sighed, "And I need a new pair of sunglasses."

The men under the canopy eyed the siblings as they exited the car, but they mainly watched Zsazsa. Without makeup, it was obvious that she was young, and in the dim light her scars were barely noticeable, not that the men cared if the child was scarred up or not. Their tones seemed to hush as they continued to speak. 

Decline sat where he was for a moment, giving them time to speak, then flung open his door and stepped out, standing in the gap as he looked to the siblings. "Hey, if you don't want to hang 'round that's fine, but at least let me drop you somewhere else... And you might as well take some food with you." He looked up into the sky as lightning streaked, illuminating their surroundings briefly with a vivid glow. Past the rather deserted parking lots of the gas station, fast food restaurant and mart, there was nothing but a narrow, winding road stretching out away from the highway. Apart from that, only rolling hills and woods surrounded them. Not a very good place to be dumped.

Overhearing their conversation, the more obese of the two men said something to the other, then the other put out his cigarette with the heal of his boot before entering the store. "You kids needin' a ride or sometin'?" The man offered, smiling in a friendly-ish manner, "Got plenty of room in the back seat."

Decline looked briefly to the man, and they met eyes for a moment. Maybe he was just imagining it, but he felt the man sizing him up. Obviously, he was more imposing to others than he thought, as the man seemed to stiffen slightly, standing up a little taller... Or maybe it was just the warning in Decline's eyes- it was a threat that could be backed up if the man did not keep his distance. He didn't trust the man's offer, and didn't like the his tone whatsoever.

Zsa's lip rose in a snarl at the obese man, placing herself in front of Zol. In the dim light, her eyes looked dark blue and strangely red. She considered her odds. Run off in the middle of nowhere with only a couple creeps for company, or go with the gut Zol vetted. Aw, hell. She glanced at Decline.

"Fine," she growled. Not taking her eyes off of the Southern men, she moved slowly back to the car, Zol behind her. "You know I don't like this, right?" she almost-inaudibly asked him.

"Yeah, but you dislike the other option more," he almost-inaudibly replied. Zsa grunted in reply.

A growl of acceptance was better than a polite rejection any day, and as the latter would have most likely  resulted in Decline bloodying his knuckles on the good ol' boys' plump faces, he wasn't complaining. 

"You can take the front seat if you want." Decline offered, addressing Zsa. He thought it might make her feel better to have more control over the situation, and not just be a passenger. "I'd just have to move the food in the back." 

The other man exited that store and joined his friend, a twelve pack of canned beer tucked under an arm. They started talking again, lighting up again. Their eyes followed the siblings breifly.

(Look at you, Decline! Thinking like a psychiatrist!)

Zsa gave a sharp nod. She stiffened slightly as she felt Zol's energy pulse. "Best make it quick," she whispered, snaking her arm under his shoulders in case he collapsed before he got into the car. She glanced at the small group of men.

"If it's not logical, you can't argue with it." ~Ari Marmell, Thief's Covenant, Book 1 of the Widdershins Adventure Series, aka the Covenant Cycle

New! Needs Players!

Gertrude McFuzz
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Gertrude McFuzz wrote:
LoveThatChick wrote:
Gertrude McFuzz wrote:
LoveThatChick wrote:

(Look at you, Decline! Thinking like a psychiatrist!)

Zsa gave a sharp nod. She stiffened slightly as she felt Zol's energy pulse. "Best make it quick," she whispered, snaking her arm under his shoulders in case he collapsed before he got into the car. She glanced at the small group of men.

The men were curious about what was going on with the tatted man and the odd siblings now as they each sampled their purchased beverage, small eyes narrowed in their wide faces. 'You can take the front seat if you want'... What was that supposed to mean? Well, it seemed strange enough to them at any rate.

"Sure ya don't need a ride...?" The man with the beer case asked, smiling at Zsa. And though the naive might see the offer as kind and his manner as concerned, Decline saw straight though to both of the men's true motives...

"Thank you for the offer, but they are fine. How 'bout you lot stay out of this." Decline replied in a deadly calm tone without looking to the men. A flare of erratic energy, which he'd always imagined to be only anger, had begun to cause through his vanes, prickling. He did not know it, but his magic was reacting to his mood, as it always did.

"Aʜ, ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ..." Tʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄʀᴏᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴀʀsᴇʟʏ, "Dᴏɴ·ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛʜ... Hᴜsʜ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ. Wᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ɢᴏʟᴅ ʏᴇᴛ; ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ..."
LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveThatChick on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Ebonee wrote:
LoveThatChick wrote:
Ebonee wrote:
LoveThatChick wrote:

Mordred gave a slight laugh at her sarcasm remark, which was his way of letting out some of his pent up nerves and appearing as if in on the 'joke' at the same time, though it only ended up sounding pitiful. "Okay." He replied in a rather small voice to her last try, then tried to steady himself with a deep breath and said, "Ah, so I think I will go. Yes, I'll do that." And with an awkward glance between the two girls, he turned on his 900+ dollar boot heel and began bristly away with his head hung.
"Congrats. You broke him," Ana muttered to Anwyn and, without waiting to see how she would reply, Ana hurried after Mordred. "Sorry about her," she said once she had caught up. "I didn't think she'd be so.... well, I only met her today, so I didn't really know what she was like."

Mordred started when Ana spoke and came up beside him, glancing breifly to her before fixing his attention ahead of them again. He doubted that he'd be able to speak to her in his current state if he looked at her any more. She is really pretty. Ah, no! Don't think about how pretty she is, you know you can't talk to a pretty girl when you're like this! 

"I should not have been talking to you two." He replied quietly, voice small, "You do not need to apologize, I deserved what she said, I should not have pried." He gave a nervous laugh, which turned into a stifled hick up, self-detrimental as always. Why did he always have to hick up when he was upset? Well, at least that was better than some of his other ticks... He hoped they'd at least stay at bye. 

But, of course, they never did. So, why would they now? As subtly as possible, he tore a few nails. He couldn't help it, and even as pain sparked and a spot of blood appeared from the end of the first one torn too short, he moved to the second. A little anxiety ebbed. Just a little, but enough to make the compulsion worth it in his eyes.
"What are you talking about?" Concern filled her eyes along with a little anger which raised the volume of her voice slightly. "You're free to talk to whoever you want and no one deserves what Anwyn said, but don't let that bother you; I imagine she is rude to many people," in truth, Ana didn't know what she was like with other people, but she hoped saying otherwise will make Mordred feel better. 

"And asking about a school isn't prying." Ana gave him a sidelong smile, aiming to decrease his nervousness, and completely missing what he's doing to decrease it.

The rise in Ana's tone and energy sent Mordred into an even more upset and bewildered state. And, like she had missed his compulsion, he missed her kind smile in his attempt to not look at her. Shying away ever-so-slightly, he swallowed hard to try and stop anymore hick-ups, and said, faltering at first, "S-she was most likely just h-having an unpleasant day, that is a-all. I do not blame her, as I get that kind of reception all the time. I guess it is just me."

At that moment, his phone rang. The ring tone was 'Gaspard de la Nuit', a hounding yet racing classical piano composition by the composer Maurice Ravel, and it was widely regarded as the most difficult piano piece ever written. Funny that it was a recording of himself playing it, and perfectly at that, though he would never admit either fact to anyone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" He said hastily and pulled out the brand-spanking-new smart phone from his coat pocket to check who was calling, tensed as he saw, and horridly stuffed it right back in, hitting 'ignore' on the way. Uncle Gregory was not someone he wanted to deal with right then, not at all.

LoveThatChick
Cadet
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum